Shoutbox

Server Load - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: Server Load (/showthread.php?tid=22617)

Server Load by Dane on 03-14-2004 at 05:31 PM

WDZ or Whoever, Make the server load message more attractive again :P.  "The maximum server load has been met, please wait until it is less busy" isnt that nice :).  Do your long one with Alternate Plus! Resources and such.

RE: Server Load by Johnny_Mac on 03-14-2004 at 05:51 PM

Dane, why didnt you just post:

"WDZ or Whoever, can you change the server load message to say my PlusOne website."

:tongue:

Not up to me though! :banana:

RE: Server Load by kao on 03-14-2004 at 05:53 PM

the serverload message is fine, the point of it is that it doesn't add any extra load !

[spam]More dane bashing eh?[/spam]

RE: Server Load by Anubis on 03-14-2004 at 05:57 PM

To make the forum look good it needs to be a straight, defined, efficient message everyone can understand…any other message looks unprofessional and n00bish

RE: Server Load by GiantSpider on 03-14-2004 at 06:26 PM

i think it shud hav links so that ppl who need help quick can get it

RE: Server Load by fluffy_lobster on 03-14-2004 at 06:37 PM

The server isn't on very high load at the moment :-/  The chances are, if you get it you can refresh and it'll be gone.  Nice try Dane :P

RE: Server Load by WDZ on 03-14-2004 at 06:43 PM

Dane, if I change the server load message, I'll "forget" to include Zone just to piss you off. :)

Anyways, server load isn't too bad... yet... if I see the limit being reached for long periods of time, then I'll edit the message.

I'm not sure what's been causing the recent load spikes... hopefully not these forums. We've had many more unique IPs visiting this week than we did for the last couple months, though... :^) Still, this server should be able to handle 60 guests in 15 minutes... ^o)

RE: Server Load by Dane on 03-14-2004 at 06:45 PM

I've been seeing it constantly, sometimes lastin for 5 minutes, its annoying.

RE: Server Load by Johnny_Mac on 03-14-2004 at 07:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DaneSmith
seeing it constantly, sometimes lastin for 5 minutes, its annoying.
:shocked:

I havent seen it since before Christmas. :rolleyes:

How can one person apparently see it for long periods of time and others (i.e. me) not see it at all? :undecided:
RE: Server Load by GiantSpider on 03-14-2004 at 07:20 PM

Time zones?

RE: Server Load by Johnny_Mac on 03-14-2004 at 07:23 PM

Erm... I've visted this place all strange times of the day, and when i'm online it is usually at this forums peak times.

RE: Server Load by Chrono on 03-14-2004 at 07:26 PM

same here, i dont receive that message very often, lets say twice a month or something :P

Dane just wants a zone link there in the message :rolleyes:

RE: Server Load by WDZ on 03-14-2004 at 07:40 PM

Johnny, Chrono: since the upgrade, the error has been disabled for you so it can't interrupt your moderating. :p I think Muss requested that I do that...

RE: Server Load by Johnny_Mac on 03-14-2004 at 07:41 PM

:lol:

I don't give a damn anymore then. :refuck:

RE: Server Load by Stigmata on 03-14-2004 at 07:48 PM

dane.........why?

RE: Server Load by user2319 on 03-14-2004 at 08:31 PM

I think it's good that when there's a peak (Plus! 3 release?) people just looking for information can be redirected to other sites for their answers. I don't care if it redirects to Dane's site, or to some other site, but I think it's a good idea.

RE: Server Load by lizard.boy on 03-14-2004 at 08:59 PM

if anything it would probably link to the msgplus faq.. am i right wdz?

RE: Server Load by surfichris on 03-15-2004 at 06:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
I'm not sure what's been causing the recent load spikes... hopefully not these forums. We've had many more unique IPs visiting this week than we did for the last couple months, though... Still, this server should be able to handle 60 guests in 15 minutes...

Alot of the time its because of the stupid cronjobs that cpanel runs.. To update webalizer stats, and account billing and all of that stuff..

Usually its only for afew minutes though :)
RE: Server Load by WDZ on 03-15-2004 at 06:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Boulton
Alot of the time its because of the stupid cronjobs that cpanel runs.. To update webalizer stats, and account billing and all of that stuff..

Usually its only for afew minutes though :)
Yeah, I know about the maintenance stuff increasing server load, but it has definitely been higher than usual lately. :-/
RE: Server Load by surfichris on 03-15-2004 at 06:55 AM

Yeah i see what you mean

quote:
Server Load [b]1.38[/b

I'll get Wj to have a look at it..