Shoutbox

OMG, What an idiot :P - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: OMG, What an idiot :P (/showthread.php?tid=22831)

OMG, What an idiot :P by .blade// on 03-20-2004 at 01:59 AM

I was looking @ the Plus! page on download.com when I stumbled accross this :P

quote:
16-Mar-2004 01:55:56 PM

[Image: ttd.gif]  Guy
"SUPER BAD SOFTWARE"
DO NOT INSTALL THIS SOFTWARE ON YOUR PC!! THERE ARE A BAD FILE WITH THE OWN MESSENGER PLUS SOFTWARE...AND ANYONE CAN PROOF, YOU JUST NEED A RESOUCE VIWER I RECOMMEND RESOUCE HACKER. THERE IS A FILE CALLED MsgPlusRes.dll. INSIDE HIM THERE ARE THE SOFTWARE RESOUCES. THERE ARE TYPED: "Every enemy I've met I've annihilated!" 201, "I once owned a dog that was smarter than you." 202, "This is the END for you, you gutter-crawling cur!" 203, "You're as repulsive as a monkey in a negligee." 204, "People fall at my feet when they see me coming." 205, "You make me want to puke." 206, "I got this scar on my face during a mighty struggle!" 207, "I've spoken with apes more polite than you." THOSE ARE ONLY FEW OF A FULL LIST OF THIS... NOW I THINK THAT PATCHOU GOT EVERYONE'S EMAIL TO SELL THEM TO SPAMS SENDERS OR SIMPLE GET YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER.... PATCHOU IM SORRY IF I AM WRONG BUT THATS THE TRUE, AND WHAT U CAN SAY ABOUT IT????

What an idiot. This is one of the [Image: ttd.gif] reviews on download.com :P Seriously, why don't you spend 30 seconds, looking a LITTLE closer at the installer (I don't like the "Sponsor Program" either, but meh, Pathcou needs to get his money somewhere :P He puts a lot of time into Plus!)

Also, there is an ad for a Spyware removal tool on the same page, LOL! Ironic, isn't it? If he's worried about Spyware........... And the phrases in his review? Part of the /insult easter egg :P

[Image: attachment.php?pid=216391]
RE: OMG, What an idiot :P by matty on 03-20-2004 at 03:59 AM

Dont worry, I posted a review but it was more a Comment to the guy stating why that is there because of the easter egg that lets you have an insult war with the person you are chatting with.

lets just see if it gets submitted

Matty

RE: OMG, What an idiot :P by WDZ on 03-20-2004 at 04:07 AM

Blah... that would be nice if you could actually reply to reviews and tell those idiots how wrong they are. :@

I wonder if CNet would remove reviews if you provided evidence that they contain false statements...

RE: OMG, What an idiot :P by Chrono on 03-20-2004 at 04:10 AM

that would be great, so there wouldnt be reviews about 'spyware', as there is not spyware in Plus! :P
less bad reviews = less scared people = more downloads :banana:

RE: OMG, What an idiot :P by Patchou on 03-20-2004 at 05:34 AM

I just have one thing to say: lol :)

Thanks for reporting, I'll ask download.com to remove this comment.

RE: OMG, What an idiot :P by .blade// on 03-20-2004 at 05:41 AM

That would be good :P I've took a quick look through the reviews and it seems that almost all the bad ones are complaining about ad/spyware.....hmmmmmm.......:P Too bad :P If they don't want the sponsor program, don't install it, and also, don't listen to idiots like the one who wrote the review I quoted :P

RE: OMG, What an idiot :P by ind3nt on 03-20-2004 at 07:49 AM

wow thats so hillarious, but even if those were so called threats to the users they would be pretty lame dont you think?? im sure patchou could be a little more harsh in his plot for world domination  :refuck:

RE: OMG, What an idiot :P by Pappapishu on 03-20-2004 at 08:08 PM

i'm gonna vote thumbs up right now

RE: OMG, What an idiot :P by Patchou on 03-20-2004 at 08:27 PM

lol @ _indent

of course, any vote is welcomed :). But Messenger Plus! 3 will be released in less than a month and download.com deletes all reviews when an update is uploaded (stupid regulations). You can be sure that I'll remind all of you to post your comments again after the release ;).

RE: OMG, What an idiot :P by Apatik on 03-20-2004 at 08:40 PM

same sort of comments are posted on telecharger.com, a french site quite similar to dowload.com, i post there sometimes to tell those 'guys' how they are wrong ^.^

* Apatik leaves and goes to telecharger.com to see the last comments.. -_-

RE: OMG, What an idiot :P by KeyStorm on 03-20-2004 at 08:49 PM

I just can't imagine how bored ppl can be to reshack any dll and look for dodgy quotes... :dodgy:

RE: OMG, What an idiot :P by Pure_BY on 03-21-2004 at 12:58 AM

LOL!!! Hahahaha this is by far one of the most funny things ever happened to Plus! i think! LOL!!

What an idiot :lol:

RE: OMG, What an idiot :P by Pappapishu on 03-21-2004 at 01:01 AM

whatever opinion anyone has that gives you no right to insult him/her

RE: OMG, What an idiot :P by ZrednaZ on 03-21-2004 at 01:18 AM

I don't understand why Download.com would approve a review like that in the first place?!?

Perhaps they should take just a few minutes to check whether statements like that are accurate or not. In fact, in this case they should have contacted Patchou asking him to explain why those sentances were there. If Patchou was unable to provide a logical explanation, they could go ahead and approve the reivew (after correcting some grammar, perhaps;)). Otherwise not.

//ZrednaZ

RE: OMG, What an idiot :P by .blade// on 03-21-2004 at 02:33 PM

Actually, as a test last year my whole comp. class had to post reviews ona  bunch of sites that had nothing whatsoever to do with whatever was being reviewed, and all but 1 site approved everyone's review :P

RE: RE: OMG, What an idiot :P by Fraisie on 03-21-2004 at 03:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
I just can't imagine how bored ppl can be to reshack any dll and look for dodgy quotes... :dodgy:

That's what I thought ! I mean... this guy must have 1. no life or 2. somebody REALLY strong agaisnt Plus to do that lol
RE: RE: OMG, What an idiot :P by billywoods1 on 03-21-2004 at 04:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Pappapishu
whatever opinion anyone has that gives you no right to insult him/her

But... he/she is an idiot. ^o)

Well, this is the most pathetic attack on Plus! I've ever seen.

Oh... wait a second... in the user CP on this forum it says 'sex' under profile! :O This must mean they're forcing kids to have under-age sex! This company MUST BE STOPPED!!!

And uh... what the hell was he/she doing reshacking Plus! anyway?
RE: RE: OMG, What an idiot :P by ZrednaZ on 03-21-2004 at 08:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gigablade77
Actually, as a test last year my whole comp. class had to post reviews ona  bunch of sites that had nothing whatsoever to do with whatever was being reviewed, and all but 1 site approved everyone's review :P

LoL :D  That doesn't altogether surprise me. :-)
RE: OMG, What an idiot :P by Johnny_Mac on 03-21-2004 at 09:34 PM

Okay, so some people are making up crap about Plus! and giving it to review sites. On the same lines as Pappapishu i'm worried this thread will be turing into a flame. Patchou knows the score, thanks for informing him. Thread closed.