Shoutbox

Invisable email in nick name - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Invisable email in nick name (/showthread.php?tid=22936)

Invisable email in nick name by bnevets27 on 03-23-2004 at 03:08 AM

i rember reading somewhere ther was a charater that u coulf put at the ned of ut nick name and it would remove the email at the end of ur name at the top of the convo window. does anyone know what charater to use or where i could get it? oh and i was told it only works on XP, i have XP so no problem there.

thanx

RE: Invisable email in nick name by bnevets27 on 03-23-2004 at 03:43 AM

well i know of the charater that makes everything after it backwards, includin your email, i know it works, yeah it might just b a myth, that just kind amade it seem 2 me if u could do that....

RE: Invisable email in nick name by Mnjul on 03-23-2004 at 10:24 AM

Go to mess.be and find the special character in their news...I think the reverse one is around March 6 or March 7.:)

RE: Invisable email in nick name by Pappapishu on 03-23-2004 at 11:26 AM

if there's that character to make your email invisible please post it here!

RE: Invisable email in nick name by M-Head on 03-23-2004 at 03:54 PM

Here it is:

RE: Invisable email in nick name by Pappapishu on 03-23-2004 at 04:33 PM

not the reverse one, the invisible one

RE: Invisable email in nick name by Stigmata on 03-23-2004 at 05:53 PM

doubt it
theres one to disable smilies and so on
* Stigmata remembers funny convos with huuf :P

but........ i doubt there is a invisable one

another way
type in a convo
/nick <alt+0160>
click send

RE: Invisable email in nick name by Pappapishu on 03-23-2004 at 08:42 PM

but if i wanted no smilies i would disable that option in the menu

RE: Invisable email in nick name by bnevets27 on 03-23-2004 at 08:49 PM

yeah i have the reverse character already, i rember readin it once tho that it could b done, just wonderin if it can b adn if anyone know how or has the character. i talking about removin the email after ur nick

RE: Invisable email in nick name by Pappapishu on 03-23-2004 at 08:55 PM

there are also characters to change the font

RE: Invisable email in nick name by Jimcando on 03-23-2004 at 09:12 PM

hey, M-Head, do you know why when I click on ur link, it just doesn't work (it comes up with a blank screen). This happens from Mess.be aswell.

RE: Invisable email in nick name by bnevets27 on 03-23-2004 at 09:33 PM

u have 2 do a slect all when u see that blank page (ctrl +A) than paste on the end of ur nick name, not sure if that file includes the alt+0160 character or not, if it doesn't then hold alt and type 0160 on the number pad then insert that character

RE: Invisable email in nick name by Pappapishu on 03-23-2004 at 09:40 PM

but that's the reverse, not the invisible

RE: Invisable email in nick name by bnevets27 on 03-23-2004 at 09:46 PM

yeah i know, but seems like there was an intrest in it and someone posted the character but i was just explainin how 2 use it
yeah i want the invisable on, hence my post

RE: Invisable email in nick name by Pappapishu on 03-23-2004 at 09:49 PM

oh, ok! it was kind of strange seeing you explain that when you where the one asking for the invisibility

RE: Invisable email in nick name by 350z on 03-24-2004 at 02:16 AM

quote:
Posted by Pappapishu - Today at 08:55 AM
there are also characters to change the font

waht it is?
RE: Invisable email in nick name by marissa on 03-24-2004 at 03:07 AM

Oh yeah! i had a lot of those characters...i lost em all. I could change it to some fonts i forget, but i had it "courier new" once...it was cool/ itd be cool if i coukld get em back :refuck:

RE: Invisable email in nick name by leito on 03-24-2004 at 03:57 AM

It would be cooler if you tell us how! :D

:refuck:

RE: Invisable email in nick name by marissa on 03-24-2004 at 04:08 AM

well i just pressed alt then a whole bunch of shit...it rocked(Y) :refuck: just look for squares...it works, trust me:)

RE: Invisable email in nick name by 350z on 03-24-2004 at 04:29 AM

come on...
tell us:D

RE: Invisable email in nick name by bnevets27 on 03-24-2004 at 05:25 AM

LOL randomly pressing buttons, i like that solution
did find a charater that made ur email invisable?

RE: Invisable email in nick name by marissa on 03-24-2004 at 06:31 AM

never seemed to think of that*-)...but i cant remember the thing for the fonts...alt bunch of #s is all ican say:P

RE: Invisable email in nick name by Wabz on 03-24-2004 at 10:20 AM

I never seen the invisable email one :S  Infact I dont think it exists in the manner your talking about

Plus! could remove Says from conversation windows though :S

RE: Invisable email in nick name by Pappapishu on 03-24-2004 at 02:57 PM

i haven't heard of it either, but this thread was opened on the basis that it existed

RE: Invisable email in nick name by bnevets27 on 03-24-2004 at 04:08 PM

well i took your sujestion okay, i just copy charaters out ofthe charater map. i got some interesting results, if u use pretty much any "private charater"u get something like this (see weird charater) don't make everything blank but does get ride of the email. makes me think that there has 2 b away 2 make it blank. i rember readin for usin the charater 2 make it work u had to put alt+0160 b4 the charater, just liek the reverse charater. i tryed puting that infront of this charater and all i end up gettin is a box.

on a side note, i was just opening another msn messanger(i hadn't signed on yet and i got the convo window pop up in front of me (see clean) ironicly it has no email behind it. this is also before i strated tryin out charaters. no idea where the window came from( no one had signed on and i didn't recieve a reply, look at pic)

RE: Invisable email in nick name by bnevets27 on 03-24-2004 at 04:12 PM

sorry i can't put 2 attachments on one post i don't think, heres there wierd convo window

RE: Invisable email in nick name by 350z on 03-24-2004 at 08:21 PM

hmm.. thats weird

but still pretty cool

RE: Invisable email in nick name by marissa on 03-24-2004 at 09:22 PM

Yeah, the um...Webdings and the Wingdings in the name, that happened to my friend Danielle...howd you get that in there anyways?

RE: Invisable email in nick name by tomfletcherman on 03-24-2004 at 09:37 PM

can u post the weird character that opens a chat window?

RE: Invisable email in nick name by bnevets27 on 03-24-2004 at 11:50 PM

um there isn't a charater to open a chat window, that just somehow opened it self on my comp, have no idea how or where it came from. i do have a bunch of stuff done to my msn tho, so it could b anything i guess....

not sure if can post the charater that make makes your nick have Webdings and the Wingdings, i'll try. ok aparently you can't post documents.

heres a screenshot of the charater map, i assume u know how to get to it, theres the charater i used, any in that red box(except the first 9), i think will give u that result(tryed a bunch of them), some little different then others. like the last one looks like | it puts a file folder in front of all that and it will show up in the convo.

RE: Invisable email in nick name by leito on 03-25-2004 at 12:38 AM

post it as a .txt

Edit: I just saw the picture, could you or someone post it as a .txt

RE: Invisable email in nick name by bnevets27 on 03-25-2004 at 01:32 AM

here it is

RE: Invisable email in nick name by Slack2116 on 03-25-2004 at 02:40 AM

ok...let me get this straight...we havent found a code to get rid of your email right ? ? ? 

RE: Invisable email in nick name by Chrono on 03-25-2004 at 02:47 AM

right

RE: Invisable email in nick name by leito on 03-25-2004 at 02:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by bnevets27
here it is

bnevets27, didn't work for me, it's just a ?

RE: Invisable email in nick name by Chrono on 03-25-2004 at 03:05 AM

maybe u need win 2000/XP? :undecided:
It didnt work for me neither (win 98)

RE: Invisable email in nick name by leito on 03-25-2004 at 03:09 AM

XP PRO, here!,

the .txt file only contains a "?"

RE: Invisable email in nick name by CookieRevised on 03-25-2004 at 03:36 AM

bnevets27, you need to save the textfile as a unicode-file, not as an ANSI-file....

RE: Invisable email in nick name by bnevets27 on 03-25-2004 at 03:50 AM

yes you need XP
and no we haven't found it, but its kinda progress.....
alright thanx CookieRevised gona try that
heres the file in Unicode:

RE: Invisable email in nick name by leito on 03-25-2004 at 04:03 AM

still not working,

A plugin for this, could be cool!

RE: Invisable email in nick name by Chrono on 03-25-2004 at 04:12 AM

would u explain bnevets27 how to do it?
where do we put the character and stuff :P

RE: Invisable email in nick name by bnevets27 on 03-25-2004 at 04:20 AM

Just do select all in the msn messanger Nick document. then go to where u type in ur nick name and the only thing u have in there is that charater by pasteing it in don't put any charaters before or after 

OR is go to charater map, hit select when that charater is highlighted click copy and then go to where u type in ur nick name and the only thing u have in there is that charater by pasteing it in don't put any charaters before or after.

as far as i can tell the attachment works, i tryed it.

RE: Invisable email in nick name by leito on 03-25-2004 at 04:25 AM

haha i know that, but when i copy it from the .txt, it doesnt work

I think i would have to install Office!!!! :P

RE: Invisable email in nick name by bnevets27 on 03-25-2004 at 04:27 AM

i don't have office, i just used wordpad

RE: Invisable email in nick name by leito on 03-25-2004 at 04:39 AM

WORDPAD; that sounds cute, how do i Insert symbols?

RE: Invisable email in nick name by bnevets27 on 03-25-2004 at 04:46 AM

just select all (Ctrl+A) in the file i posted (2nd one) then paste in ur nick (Ctrl+V) it has to b the only charater there

RE: Invisable email in nick name by Slack2116 on 03-26-2004 at 06:51 AM

BUMP.  we need to get ot the bottom of this.

RE: Invisable email in nick name by bnevets27 on 03-26-2004 at 07:45 AM

yeah we do, well this is what i found on mess.be (where i saw it). i found the charater thats supossed to get rid of it i think, now when i tryed it, it didn't work, but had emailed the guy who found it when it had first came out and told him it didn't work, he asked if i had XP and at the time i DIDN'T. it was on mess.be and it seems to me like its true and not made up but just has to be found/ found again

here is the charater i got off mess.be BUT as i found out with posting the other charaters up here, i was told u have to save it as a unicode, when i downloaded it, it didn't come as a unicode or i didn't save it as one, its just a wordpad .doc format.
I'll post it here the way i have it and u guys can play with and see it it works

BTW to get it to work suposidly, u need to have the alt+0160 charater before this one. i don't know if u can have normal chaters infront of it or it has to be blank.

RE: Invisable email in nick name by tomfletcherman on 03-26-2004 at 07:58 AM

how do u do the alt 0160 character?

RE: Invisable email in nick name by bnevets27 on 03-26-2004 at 07:59 AM

just workin on a thought, since the weird charater that i found puts windings in the name i went with the idea maybe its one of the charaters, well all the charaters i tryed didn't do anything but the one that is enlarged in the attachment, it won't let me select or copy it. hhhmmm?

RE: Invisable email in nick name by bnevets27 on 03-26-2004 at 08:03 AM

alt+0160
Hold down the alt key and type 0160 on the KEYPAD(thing or the right side of keyboard)
u will see the cursor move to the right abit, u won't see any actual charater

to you that u do that charater right, put only that in ur name and all u should have as a nick is ur email in side the little arow things like this <youremail@....>
if u leave ur nick blank, your email will b ur name

RE: Invisable email in nick name by tomfletcherman on 03-26-2004 at 08:07 AM

ok, the invisible character doesn't work, but its made my emaila ddress very tiny apparantly lol, it hhas the alt+0160 cahracter infront of it aswell. Thing is i signd in on anoter acocunt nd i cant see any change, so how can I turn on woteva the thing is that shows these weird characters, i jsut see a box?

RE: Invisable email in nick name by BiZaRrE on 03-26-2004 at 08:51 AM

the alt+0160 character is only for an invisible nickname, not e-mail address
but if u put ur nickname after it it will show ur nickname...so it is only used for a blank nickname.

RE: Invisable email in nick name by tomfletcherman on 03-26-2004 at 09:00 AM

Well, what its actually done is changed my name to wingdings, but i cant see it, only my friends can. how can I make it so I can see it aswell?

RE: Invisable email in nick name by leito on 03-26-2004 at 07:46 PM

I still can get the Wingdings email/nick, but trying some of the characters, bnevets27 post. I got this effect.

RE: Invisable email in nick name by bnevets27 on 03-26-2004 at 10:02 PM

ok i'm not really sure what u mean but this it how it looks for me, when i used the charater that puts wingdings in ur nick

and BTW the window that says this is your convo window look at the email, thats the way the backwards charter works, normally @hotmail.com is moc.liamtoh@

RE: Invisable email in nick name by jeanhub on 03-27-2004 at 03:13 PM

So how can we do it... can you paste your nickname here? <_<

RE: Invisable email in nick name by bnevets27 on 03-27-2004 at 04:40 PM

to do that all you do is put this(see attchment) charater in your name
just copy paste
as far as i know it has to be the ONLY charater in your nick name

you will see mostly a blank name(just that little spec thats the charater) but your contacts will see windings as your name, no email, i assume this only works if your contact has XP

RE: Invisable email in nick name by Slack2116 on 03-30-2004 at 10:34 PM

again i ask.....have we figured out what to do to have it so you cant see the email ? ? ? if so what do we do ? ? ?

RE: Invisable email in nick name by Concord Dawn on 03-31-2004 at 04:42 AM

I don't know. I think that there is a hack in Windows X that does that, but I'm not sure.

RE: Invisable email in nick name by bnevets27 on 04-02-2004 at 10:03 PM

sorry i haven't had time 2 experiment with different charater, schools gettin in the way. well i have windows X with boo ghost's skin installed i think, or its just the skin, i do have windows X downloaded tho. do u have any idea how it might do it?

RE: Invisable email in nick name by EvilSeph on 04-02-2004 at 11:01 PM

If you could find it in the character map and then tell me the unicode code number, located in the bottom left. I'll try it out =)

RE: Invisable email in nick name by Pappapishu on 04-02-2004 at 11:15 PM

just post it here when it's all clear

RE: Invisable email in nick name by M-Head on 04-05-2004 at 11:25 AM

speaking of character map and unicode, how do you use the unicode characters that dont have an alt+0160 type command? also, what is the object character, at the very bottom of the arial map?

RE: Invisable email in nick name by bnevets27 on 04-05-2004 at 08:29 PM

the one in a box like this, see pic
follow the steps in the pic thne just go to ur messenger nick name and hold ctrl + V and it will now b pasted into your nick
if you are usin win98 or lower some character may not work and come out as ? or other character then what there suposed to be. alot of the charaters taht can't b used in 98 can be used in XP.

RE: Invisable email in nick name by tomfletcherman on 04-06-2004 at 07:17 AM

Have we actually found an invisible email character yet?

RE: Invisable email in nick name by bnevets27 on 04-08-2004 at 09:35 PM

no i haven't found it, haven't really had the time 2 play around, u can just go to ur charater map and play around and see if u can find it, thats all i do.

RE: Invisable email in nick name by lylesback2 on 04-08-2004 at 09:42 PM

umm.. if you mean invisable NICKNAMES (not e-mail's) thats Plus!

/nick2 [type Ctrl+K]0,0 {Nickname here}
[enter]

and it should come out as WHITE text, and will say whatever you enter into {Nickname Here}

RE: Invisable email in nick name by bnevets27 on 04-11-2004 at 04:24 AM

oh yeah i know about that, and that doesn't really work 2 well anymore b/c ppl can change there background to any colour so the "say:" comes out white but ppl can see it anyhow. yeah i tryin to find away to get rid of the email part after ur name the "<_____@hotmail.com> part, but yeah thanx

RE: Invisable email in nick name by Wabz on 04-12-2004 at 09:35 AM

I really don't think this is possible :P  The emails not part of the nickname.  I'd imagine it was something to do with the ownership of the conversation window.  But dont quote me on that

RE: Invisable email in nick name by leito on 04-12-2004 at 02:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Wabz
I really don't think this is possible 

I still think it can be posible, first the Reverse character, ... why not an invisible character.

RE: Invisable email in nick name by bnevets27 on 04-13-2004 at 04:37 AM

yeah should b possible, also if u leave ur nick blank, guess what, ur name will look like this _____@hotmail.com, the way it looked before your name here <______@hotmai.com>
and if u try the charater i have posted here or look at the screen shots. you can see i can get ride of the <______@hotmai.com> but so far can only replace it with a full line of windings

RE: Invisable email in nick name by Wabz on 04-13-2004 at 04:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by leito.gt
I still think it can be posible, first the Reverse character, ... why not an invisible character.

Because the reverse characters existed forever and works in other places first.  I aint ever seen a character that can make text disapeer

RE: Invisable email in nick name by Fredzz on 05-18-2004 at 10:39 PM

ok.. ive found a way to show your normal nick name but only the email reversed.. its simple u just insert that char and write your nick backwards.. then your nick will be normal cuz u wrote it backwards and the email will remain reversed..see the pic.. but u cant have spaces
im making some experiences :D

RE: Invisable email in nick name by Fredzz on 05-18-2004 at 10:41 PM

you can also insert this types of chars... :P

RE: Invisable email in nick name by ayjay on 07-13-2004 at 05:29 PM

It's been quite a while since the last post so I'm wondering if anyone's found it yet?

RE: Invisable email in nick name by lylesback2 on 07-13-2004 at 11:21 PM

i dont think invisable nicknames are possible :P

RE: Invisable email in nick name by ayjay on 07-15-2004 at 03:34 PM

fair enough then :)

RE: Invisable email in nick name by pee on 10-31-2004 at 09:18 PM

i can't   moc.liamtoh@......  :|       . we are help me:(