Shoutbox

Possible bug in PM system - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: Possible bug in PM system (/showthread.php?tid=22995)

Possible bug in PM system by Tochjo on 03-24-2004 at 12:47 PM

It could be I found a bug in the PM system. In fact, I'm pretty sure, but one cannot be sure here, for it might be a 'limitation' :rolleyes:

Anyway, I like to keep all messages, so I can always find out what PMs I sent and received a few months ago. Today I wanted to check for a PM I received last year, and therefore I went to the folder to where I move all PMs after reading: I named it "Saved Items" :)

In the Saved Items folder, I seem to have between 60 and 80 PMs stored; it will display 20 PMs at once, and I saw a
Pages: (4): « First   [ 1 ]  2  3  4  »  Last »
bar, so you can do the maths too :P

Now the message I wanted appeared to be on the second page, so I click the number 2 on the bar, and should be taken to the second page of that folder. The URL nicely points to http://shoutbox.menthix.net/private.php?folder=5&page=2 so that looked good (folder 5 is the Saved Items folder I created).

So I clicked the link, and I saw
[Image: attachment.php?pid=218351]

Yeah right.

For the record: this cannot even be my Inbox, as you can see I had one new message (in my Inbox), and it doesn't show any, so this would be a bug. Right?

RE: Possible bug in PM system by Johnny_Mac on 03-24-2004 at 01:20 PM

I remember when those page numbers at the bottom didnt even exist for your folders. :P

I don't see how this is a limitation though. If the folder just acts the same as an Inbox, then why would you not be able to see pages other then the first? Me thinks bug. :undecided:

RE: Possible bug in PM system by WDZ on 03-24-2004 at 04:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Tochjo
Right?
Well, I think it is your inbox, but you just don't have a second page of messages. :p

Anyway, the page link taking you to the wrong folder was a bug, and I fixed it.