Shoutbox

A Step Backwards For Msn Messenger! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: A Step Backwards For Msn Messenger! (/showthread.php?tid=23025)

A Step Backwards For Msn Messenger! by brianjdupuis on 03-25-2004 at 03:40 AM

Another update today on the interior MSN Messenger site (We've named it internal before, but that seems to be the wrong name according to Microsoft). This time we won't tell you the release has been delayed again, no this time we are going to provide you with the information that all of the features we have mentioned earlier have been canceled. This also confirms our suspicion that the so called deluxe display pictures aka animated avatars are going to be an integrated version of the Korean MSN PowerPlus.

So what did change? They have added some more spam about getting MSN Explorer in order to use MSN Photo Swap. The graphics in the help files got a little bit smoother. And they have translated the new pages to many more foreign languages.

If we make a sum of all the changes and information available on the interior site, we can say without a doubt that even the scrawny MSN Messenger 4.0 for Mac update is going to be a bigger "revolution" than MSN Messenger 6.2.

- THIS IS A BIG STEP BACK FOR MICROSOFT THEY NEED TO GET THERE ACT TOGEATHER BEFORE USER'S MAJORLY SWITCH TO ANOTHER PEACE OF MESSAGING SOFTWARE!

RE: A Step Backwards For Msn Messenger! by WDZ on 03-25-2004 at 05:26 AM

Where's the backwards step? I don't see it... :p

RE: A Step Backwards For Msn Messenger! by king_of_cool_kids on 03-25-2004 at 06:00 AM

?!?!?!? Stink. I really liked the animated DP idea. Oh well.

Delayed?? Does this mean msg plus will be too?? Cause patchou may want to make sure it is compatble with 6.2!!

RE: A Step Backwards For Msn Messenger! by chungster on 03-25-2004 at 06:25 AM

i kinda dont want to believe this.

but.. it just means that they ll keep people in suspense for the update that lets you use those features that they canceled

RE: A Step Backwards For Msn Messenger! by CookieRevised on 03-25-2004 at 12:55 PM

First everybody gets high hopes because of some things someone found on a internal site and interpretes it like he wish, and now they blame MS for not keeping promises???? Please, let MS do there stuff, they know what they are doing. By hunting for things that aren't there, interpreting some test-sites, publishing things that aren't sure at all, and trying to get beta's etc.. you only make it harder on MS to develop things further....

:rolleyes:

RE: A Step Backwards For Msn Messenger! by Menthix on 03-25-2004 at 01:16 PM

quote:
Delayed?? Does this mean msg plus will be too?? Cause patchou may want to make sure it is compatble with 6.2!!
No, Patchou said somewhere he won't wait for the release of  6.2 bacause he doesn't expect to have problems with it anyway. (Y)
RE: A Step Backwards For Msn Messenger! by PaPalemon on 03-25-2004 at 04:43 PM

Err so MSN 6.2 there is not going to have Animated Display pictures and those wonderful things they mentioned in the previous news? and Am i right to say tat It would not be out by end of april?

RE: A Step Backwards For Msn Messenger! by CookieRevised on 03-25-2004 at 06:05 PM

just wait and see, MS will release it when they are ready, and only THEN we'll know for sure what the feature are... Before that, it is all speculation, even if MS puts some things on there internal site.

RE: A Step Backwards For Msn Messenger! by Johnny_Mac on 03-25-2004 at 07:02 PM

I think MSN Messenger might get to stage of adding pointless stuff rather then improvments... After the MSN 6 change most ohter things seem a pointless waste of resources...

RE: A Step Backwards For Msn Messenger! by tomfletcherman on 03-25-2004 at 07:21 PM

o well, i'll just get power plus, and if it's pay for, well i'll still get it, but just wont buy it lol....

RE: A Step Backwards For Msn Messenger! by Smethead on 03-25-2004 at 08:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by brianjdupuis
This also confirms our suspicion that the so called deluxe display pictures aka animated avatars are going to be an integrated version of the Korean MSN PowerPlus.

What is this powerplus? I downloaded it but it is totally Korean and I can't understand anything. What does it do?
RE: A Step Backwards For Msn Messenger! by Chrono on 03-25-2004 at 08:44 PM

MSN PowerPlus is a paid MSN Messenger version with more features, or something like that :P

RE: A Step Backwards For Msn Messenger! by tomfletcherman on 03-26-2004 at 10:07 AM

soemone want to post the setup on here?

RE: A Step Backwards For Msn Messenger! by CookieRevised on 03-26-2004 at 10:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by tomfletcherman
soemone want to post the setup on here?
The setup???? If you mean the website to "MSN PowerPlus" => http://www.msnplus.co.kr/
RE: A Step Backwards For Msn Messenger! by tomfletcherman on 03-28-2004 at 01:11 PM

i quote smethhead: 'What is this powerplus? I downloaded it but it is totally Korean and I can't understand anything. What does it do?'

therefore i assume you can download it?

can someone either post the direct link or the setup file?

RE: RE: A Step Backwards For Msn Messenger! by Smethead on 03-28-2004 at 01:32 PM

quote:
i quote smethhead: 'What is this powerplus? I downloaded it but it is totally Korean and I can't understand anything. What does it do?'

therefore i assume you can download it?

can someone either post the direct link or the setup file?

np: SetupPowerPlus.exe

RE: A Step Backwards For Msn Messenger! by tomfletcherman on 03-28-2004 at 03:25 PM

thanx, do you know if its pay for yet?

RE: A Step Backwards For Msn Messenger! by tomfletcherman on 03-28-2004 at 03:47 PM

and can anyone translate a lot of the setup file and program:P?

RE: A Step Backwards For Msn Messenger! by aNILEator on 03-29-2004 at 06:35 AM

whats new in it at the moment?

RE: A Step Backwards For Msn Messenger! by Concord Dawn on 03-29-2004 at 07:11 AM

You mean MSN 6.2? Nothing by the looks of it.

Microsoft:refuck:

RE: A Step Backwards For Msn Messenger! by aNILEator on 03-29-2004 at 04:15 PM

well why have a different version if it ain't any different and why has it got loads of (mo) everywhere and animated gifs?

RE: A Step Backwards For Msn Messenger! by tomfletcherman on 03-29-2004 at 04:58 PM

yeh, thats really bugging me ... stupid site ....

RE: A Step Backwards For Msn Messenger! by Stijn on 03-30-2004 at 02:45 PM

does anyone know how to translate the messenger powerplus page?? :D

RE: A Step Backwards For Msn Messenger! by tomfletcherman on 03-30-2004 at 02:53 PM

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/tr

alot of the things on that site are images that have words in so you wont understand it anymore than I did...

RE: A Step Backwards For Msn Messenger! by Slack2116 on 03-30-2004 at 10:53 PM

the animated DP thing sounded cool.

RE: A Step Backwards For Msn Messenger! by Concord Dawn on 03-31-2004 at 04:31 AM

Windows XP won't display any Korean text. It's just question marks, so I think I'm going with MSN 6.2:refuck:

RE: A Step Backwards For Msn Messenger! by aNILEator on 03-31-2004 at 07:30 AM

can't you just do waht i did with the beta of 6.0 I had a chinese version and i just transferred a language file into it and removed the chinese language file. it worked fine

RE: A Step Backwards For Msn Messenger! by tomfletcherman on 03-31-2004 at 06:09 PM

ok, so whose got a msn powerplus english language file? :P

RE: RE: A Step Backwards For Msn Messenger! by Hank on 04-01-2004 at 09:11 AM

quote:
ok, so whose got a msn powerplus english language file? :P

wouldnt the Deluxe Animated Pictures just be a resource Hog? inot everyone has a Super Duper fast Computer with 1Gig or more memory. but i cannot see Microsoft has made 6.2 a step backwards with this new release though we will just have to wait an see. i just pray msnplus3 works with 6.2 otherwise i wont use it. i love msnplus in my 6.1 to dissmiss it just to get 6.2. patchou does a Great Job if i could donate some money towards msnplus i would,
RE: A Step Backwards For Msn Messenger! by CookieRevised on 04-02-2004 at 09:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Demandred
wouldnt the Deluxe Animated Pictures just be a resource Hog? inot everyone has a Super Duper fast Computer with 1Gig or more memory. but i cannot see Microsoft has made 6.2 a step backwards with this new release though
No, not a resource hog. The only thing that could happen is that it takes a bit more time to download the DP's from your contacts, because animated GIFS are mostly bigger in filesize then non-animated ones...
quote:
Originally posted by Demandred
we will just have to wait an see.
Indeed, all the things said so far about 6.2 are mainly speculation. Nothing is for sure. How can anyone says that 6.2 is a step backwards? It doesn't exist yet....

And even then, no (visible) chances on the outside doesn't mean nothing is changed!!! Most updates are bugfixes of previous versions. This goes for every program. Remember Plus!? Many updates are bugfixes from the previous versions. It is only in MP!3 that a big difference will be noticed on the outside, but this doesn't mean that nothing has changed in previous updates.
RE: A Step Backwards For Msn Messenger! by Stijn on 04-03-2004 at 09:28 AM

does any one know what changes are goning to be in msn messenger 7.0 (if that is even goning to come out at the end of this year) because i read that it was goning to be the next version of msn messenger at the end of the year!!  And does any one know if there is another language(if that is how you spell it!!!:S ) of messenger power plus from korean version!!!

RE: A Step Backwards For Msn Messenger! by kao on 04-03-2004 at 10:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Stijn
does any one know what changes are goning to be in msn messenger 7.0 (if that is even goning to come out at the end of this year) because i read that it was goning to be the next version of msn messenger at the end of the year!!  And does any one know if there is another language(if that is how you spell it!!!:S ) of messenger power plus from korean version!!!

You can change the language of MsgPlus in the Preferences
RE: A Step Backwards For Msn Messenger! by CookieRevised on 04-03-2004 at 12:00 PM

quote:
does any one know what changes are goning to be in msn messenger 7.0 (if that is even goning to come out at the end of this year) because i read that it was goning to be the next version of msn messenger at the end of the year!!
Changes in 7.0???? 6.2 isn't out yet and we even don't know the changes in that... When time comes, you'll know... btw, I read so many things... :rolleyes: don't believe everything you read ;)

quote:
And does any one know if there is another language(if that is how you spell it!!!:S ) of messenger power plus from korean version!!!
Read the thread again... nope, there isn't; It's a specific Korean version...
RE: A Step Backwards For Msn Messenger! by Stijn on 04-03-2004 at 06:14 PM

is there any way to translate it?!?!?!:(:(:(:S:S

RE: A Step Backwards For Msn Messenger! by CookieRevised on 04-04-2004 at 09:31 AM

If you know Korean and have an OS that can show unicode characters, yes...

About Messenger Power Plus:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=23426

RE: A Step Backwards For Msn Messenger! by aNILEator on 04-04-2004 at 10:56 AM

:banana: thankyou for that