Shoutbox

Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+---- Forum: Announcements & News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+----- Forum: Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+------ Thread: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta (/showthread.php?tid=23172)

Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by Patchou on 03-29-2004 at 06:57 AM

Hello,

I'm proud to announce that the first beta version of Messenger Plus! 3 has just been sent to a list of selected beta testers. These people will make the difference by allowing all of you to enjoy a bug free add-on when the final version is released. I know I previously announced Messenger Plus! 3 to be shipped at the end of March but as I wanted to create the best software possible, I've moved the date to end of April.

Please, do not request to be a beta tester, the selection has already been done and is final. The beta testers have a lot of work ahead of us; please, show them your support! I've allowed all of them to post screenshots and editorial articles starting April 2nd so you'll all get news about Plus!3 pretty quickly :).

Starting tomorrow, I'll be on vacation for 3 days to prepare myself for the last phase of the Messenger Plus! 3 project (I won't have access to any computer, and that's on purpose :gfdrin:). Have a nice week everybody!

Patchou

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by Menthix on 03-29-2004 at 06:59 AM

Great!... crap, my day at work has just begun. Need to wait at least 8 hours to see it. Enjoy your days off (H)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by WDZ on 03-29-2004 at 07:04 AM

All I have to say is, great news! :banana:

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by Concord Dawn on 03-29-2004 at 07:09 AM

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
All hail the king of cool things, Patchou!

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by x2zen on 03-29-2004 at 07:13 AM

Have a nice vacation :) You really deserve it

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by DXtremz on 03-29-2004 at 07:28 AM

Great job Patchou, have fun on your vacation...you DEFINATELY deserve it :)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by Sk3tch on 03-29-2004 at 07:33 AM

Great news :banana:

have a good vacation Patchou :)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by musicalmidget on 03-29-2004 at 08:42 AM

Great news!

Enjoy your break. :p

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by Sunshine on 03-29-2004 at 09:37 AM

Short vacation, but well deserved! Enjoy Patchou ;)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by CookieRevised on 03-29-2004 at 09:40 AM

Enjoy your always-too-short-but-much-deserved-break... ;)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by -dt- on 03-29-2004 at 11:00 AM

have fun well be waiting when you come back

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by Underlord on 03-29-2004 at 12:26 PM

Have fun Mr Pat :).
When you come read the many emails i have sent you :p

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by Choli on 03-29-2004 at 12:31 PM

Enjoy your vacation, Patchou ;) and be sure we, beta-testers, will do our best posible in find and report all the bugs :P

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by MSN on 03-29-2004 at 01:18 PM

Enjoy Patchou!!! as we are gonna enjoy your work...... 8-)

And after your vacation you have to work again to fix the bugs posted by the beta testers......

So enjoy the vacation very well... (Y)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by tomfletcherman on 03-29-2004 at 03:32 PM

I wish I could be saying i'll be reporting bugs/no bugs. /me waits a whole extra month:'(

thanx in advance

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by Anubis on 03-29-2004 at 03:51 PM

Enjoy the holiday :D...hopefully the testers won't find many bugs

quote:
Originally posted by chaos_grenade
Too bad we haven't invented cloning yet, or we could just clone Patchou and have 5 of him work around the clock on MP!:D
Nah that’s immoral and just wrong…we’d need to transfer the memories across and Patchou doesn’t have a USB or FireWire port on him…yet
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by Stigmata on 03-29-2004 at 03:51 PM

* Stigmata crys at not becomming a beta tester :'(

any way have a great 'holiday'! :)
where you going?
who are the beta testers? how many of them? how many bugs so far :P

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by Kryptonate on 03-29-2004 at 04:27 PM

have fun Patchou :banana:

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by kao on 03-29-2004 at 05:28 PM

have fun, and lots of it, because coming back is going to mean a box full of mail, and a lot of bugs to squash :refuck:

:P

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by Huuf on 03-29-2004 at 05:35 PM

Have fun and don't even think at programming there ¬_¬

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by EvilSeph on 03-29-2004 at 05:38 PM

quote:
Too bad we haven't invented cloning yet, or we could just clone Patchou and have 5 of him work around the clock on MP!:D

Now that's slavery =p Poor Patchous having to have to slave about just to bring you Plus! 3 sooner, tsk tsk :p

quote:
Originally posted by jackass_wanabe
* jackass_wanabe crys at not becomming a beta tester :'(

any way have a great 'holiday'! :)
where you going?

1. I don't know :P
2. The beta testers are trusted inviduals, enough said.
3. The number of beta testers is classified unless Patchou chooses to disclose how many there are =)
4. I just got home for lunch and I haven't even touched MSN Messenger (it's a shortened school day..so I can't do much atm, cause it's a shortened lunch period :()
5. Plus! 3 owns, that I know even without having it with me yet :P
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by Stijn on 03-29-2004 at 05:49 PM

when will the first one be out by exact date??

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by EvilSeph on 03-29-2004 at 06:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Stijn
when will the first one be out by exact date??

I don't believe a public beta is going to be released. The FINAL release date is currently by the end of April, subject to change without notice =)
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by sock on 03-29-2004 at 06:26 PM

I think a public beta/RC phase would be a good idea, but there's a lot of time before that (private beta phase + translation phase), so you'll have to wait a while... :p

Patchou, congratulations for releasing the beta version, you've done a great job making it, and GFD too! [Image: mininana.gif] :) Oh, and also Fraisie. :P Anyway, I hope you really enjoy your vacation, stay away from those evil computers! :)

BTW, I found two bugs, check your mail... :p

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by Guido on 03-29-2004 at 06:33 PM

Good luck in your vacations, say hello to Mickey and Minnie for myself :P

quote:
The beta version had no known bug at all when released, and he will only check the bug reports when he's back, so of course no bug yet.

The beta testers are enough and very good testers, no reason to talk about it :P. Not even the beta testers know the full list of beta testers.
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by Johnny_Mac on 03-29-2004 at 06:40 PM

Quick question... Messenger Plus! Min requirements are? I just wanna know if some of the bugs/problems I have are because I'm testing on old Messenger software.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by Guido on 03-29-2004 at 06:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Johnny_Mac
Quick question... Messenger Plus! Min requirements are? I just wanna know if some of the bugs/problems I have are because I'm testing on old Messenger software.
The only new requirement version 3 has is Internet Explorer 5.00 installed (which MSN Messenger probably requires already). IIRC, version 2 worked with Windows/MSN Messenger 4.6 or newer, and I don't think that has changed :-/

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by Pure_BY on 03-29-2004 at 07:47 PM

Aaaaight Patchou, this new version is really GREAT man! :D

I like :P

Very good job (Y)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by jpg050 on 03-29-2004 at 07:48 PM

So, Patchou doesn't trust me... Maybe he never did... Why do I deserve this :'((( Always did the best for you Snif snif snif.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by EvilSeph on 03-29-2004 at 07:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Guido
Good luck in your vacations, say hello to Mickey and Minnie for myself :P

The beta version had no known bug at all when released, and he will only check the bug reports when he's back, so of course no bug yet.

The beta testers are enough and very good testers, no reason to talk about it :P. Not even the beta testers know the full list of beta testers.

Please don't misquote me, silleh GFD =)
I didn't say that, jwb did.

quote:
Originally posted by jpg050
So, Patchou doesn't trust me... Maybe he never did... Why do I deserve this :'((( Always did the best for you Snif snif snif.

Patchou doesn't deserve the discourtesy and the way you react to not being chosen to be a beta tester. The list is made, the beta's sent and we are now conducting testing. The list conists mainly of Messenger Plus! 2 testers, so Patchou knows he can trust them, as no one leaked that version =)
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by Johnny_Mac on 03-29-2004 at 07:56 PM

quote:
The only new requirement version 3 has is Internet Explorer 5.00 installed (which MSN Messenger probably requires already). IIRC, version 2 worked with Windows/MSN Messenger 4.6 or newer, and I don't think that has changed
Okay, so these bugs can be reported then. :D :P
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by Guido on 03-29-2004 at 08:18 PM

Sorry Seph :P. Edited it now.

quote:
Originally posted by EvilSeph
Patchou doesn't deserve the discourtesy and the way you react to not being chosen to be a beta tester. The list is made, the beta's sent and we are now conducting testing. The list conists mainly of Messenger Plus! 2 testers, so Patchou knows he can trust them, as no one leaked that version =)
Let ME correct you know, the list is of Messenger Plus! 2.5 testers, Messenger Plus! 2.0 WAS leaked :P
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by EvilSeph on 03-29-2004 at 08:20 PM

Yes I know, but I was in a hurry, can't be late for class, now can we =)?

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by Chrono on 03-29-2004 at 08:41 PM

lol w00t @ the beta being released :banana:
i cant wait to go home!
* Chrono installs it at the uni :lipsrsealed:

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by Choli on 03-29-2004 at 09:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by anubis_kree_
hopefully the testers won't find many bugs
no matter the number of bugs, what is really important is that he fixes them :P
quote:
Originally posted by anubis_kree_
Nah that’s immoral and just wrong…we’d need to transfer the memories across and Patchou doesn’t have a USB or FireWire port on him…yet
he has wireless :gfdrin:
quote:
who are the beta testers? how many of them? how many bugs so far
who: I'm only sure of 4 or 5 of them
how many: i think i'm not allowed to say that.
bugs: mmm... not many :D
quote:
:blah: ;)
quote:
Patchou knows he can trust them, as no one leaked that version =)
talking about leaking... Just after install the beta, a contact who i don't know personally asked me to send him the beta and i said no and he asked again and again and again... :@ that annoys :(
quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
* Chrono installs it at the uni
you shouldn't do that....
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by Chrono on 03-30-2004 at 02:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli

you shouldn't do that....
that's part of the testing ;)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by Wabz on 03-30-2004 at 07:45 AM

:banana:

I personally think you guys are taking this beta with great seriousness which is fundamental in the testing process and I know this will make Patchou proud of you. 

Keep up the great work and find as many bugs as you can

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by Choli on 03-30-2004 at 08:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
that's part of the testing ;)
ok, but remember to uninstall it or make sure noone sees it ;)
quote:
Originally posted by Wabz
I personally think you guys are taking this beta with great seriousness which is fundamental in the testing process and I know this will make Patchou proud of you. 

Keep up the great work and find as many bugs as you can
Patchou wanted professionalism and he has it :P
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by KeyStorm on 03-30-2004 at 09:08 AM

Hum... well, hope the inbox doesn't get full with all the screenshots I've been sending. :grin:
Just minor bugs, don't worry ;)

MP! looks great btw. All translatos will have much more work than last time, so all you, let me give you an advice, start planning the work... right now ;)

Edit: My sounds don't work and Choli's making fun of me :'(

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by EvilSeph on 03-30-2004 at 05:33 PM

KeyStorm, don't flood Patchou with e-mails, wait until Friday or something to send him one with ALL the bugs you found. He wants quality, not quantity.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by KeyStorm on 03-30-2004 at 07:17 PM

Never said that I flooded him 8-)
But anyway I'd say it's better for him to have all bugs found sorted in particular emails, than having a whole digest with a lot of bugs very difficult to find one back again from all paragraphs...

I just think it's easier to navigate through subjects than through digests with long explanations. I dunno... :undecided:

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by ShunterAlhena on 03-30-2004 at 07:53 PM

Can i ask when translators are going to receive their beta? (i presume a couple of days before release, but when?!?!)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by Johnny_Mac on 03-30-2004 at 07:57 PM

Well isnt that just asking when its going to be released? Which will get the same reply... End of april.

Patchou will obviously decide all going well with the current beta and bug fixes.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by jpg050 on 03-30-2004 at 09:33 PM

I was only overacting, seph... (but tito patchie broke my heart anyway)
(And I was on the beta test of 2 and 2.5... if I didn't forgot to take the pills... :P)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by Choli on 03-30-2004 at 09:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
My sounds don't work and Choli's making fun of me
/sevillaugh :P
quote:
Originally posted by Shunter
Can i ask when translators are going to receive their beta? (i presume a couple of days before release, but when?!?!)
I think patchou will tell translators to start working at least one week before the final release
quote:
And I was on the beta test of 2 and 2.5...
I didn't know that :O
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by babasix on 03-30-2004 at 09:55 PM

I loved Messenger Plus! 2 and i'm sure i'm gonna enjoy the 3rd one.  Great Job

--------

I was just wondering if it was possible to customise the colours of MSN Messenger.  Having a "Skin" like interface like winamp for example.  That's just a suggestion.  It would be pretty cool to match MSN Messenger with your desktop background colour for example and it would look really nice with the trasparency effect already in place.

Anyway, keep up the good work

Cheers

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by Guido on 03-30-2004 at 10:44 PM

quote:
But anyway I'd say it's better for him to have all bugs found sorted in particular emails, than having a whole digest with a lot of bugs very difficult to find one back again from all paragraphs.
Agreed.

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
he has wireless :gfdrin:
Yeah, he has bluetooth :P

quote:
talking about leaking... Just after install the beta, a contact who i don't know personally asked me to send him the beta and i said no and he asked again and again and again... :@ that annoys :(
Yeah, exactly the same here. About two contacts (users of this forum) asked and asked and asked and complained and complained and complained that Patchou didn't trust them and assured and assured and assured that they were beta testers, it was just that patchou "forgot to send the link to them" :P

(oh, of course, I didn't send it to them :P)

And as for the translators beta date, I would say it will be in around 2 - 3 weeks...
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by Concord Dawn on 03-30-2004 at 10:51 PM

And good job, because someone asked me for it and I gave him a renamed MP! 2 installer.. /sevillaugh :D

Keep up the good work beta testers, and yes Patchou has bluetooth installed, I checked his specs at www.personbuilder.com:P

And no I'm not beta testing.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by Guido on 03-30-2004 at 10:59 PM

quote:
And good job, because someone asked me for it and I gave him a renamed MP! 2 installer.. /sevillaugh :D
:lol:

Good idea :P
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by Concord Dawn on 03-31-2004 at 04:27 AM

Ty. I suggest that all of the beta tester do the same.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by martin on 03-31-2004 at 03:58 PM

quote:
Ty. I suggest that all of the beta tester do the same.
and wut if you accidently send the real thing? and askin for the beta, even when they know their not gonna get it, is plain stupid.
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by Johnny_Mac on 03-31-2004 at 11:03 PM

Blah... I don't even advertise the fact to anyone on my contact list I use Plus! 3. Any testing I do is with my good old friend Johnny_Test. Or sock. :P :banana:

If I started sending new stuff they think are sounds id get bombarded with questions. :s :D :P

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by KeyStorm on 03-31-2004 at 11:16 PM

Blah, I use dead contacts to do the testing. When someone goes offline and leaves an empty window behind i almot always use it as command line and test arena for some things.
I could use /msg aswell, but... did I tell you that I'm veeeery lazy lately.
Although I have it advertised in my nickname, none has asked me, so I'm happy that so much people still ignore me :) (*coughprunecough*).
A MP!-translator asked me about what was new but I told him to wait until Friday... np.
The only one who seems to know what's going on with MP! is Choli... weird guy, it seems like he has stolen the beta from somewhere ^o) :grin:

(ya sabes que bromeo)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by Johnny_Mac on 03-31-2004 at 11:39 PM

quote:
Although I have it advertised in my nickname, none has asked me, so I'm happy that so much people still ignore me  (*coughprunecough*).
WTF? :P

Advertised as a nickname? err... why? You want people to say how great you are for testing Plus!? Surely that isnt the point in having it. I see no logic reason in having it anywhere in your nickname. :undecided:

Maybe i'm wrong... :cheesy:
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by bra1nwash on 04-01-2004 at 12:56 PM

wow u r goin away n now i m back hehe coincidentally...i m so outdated lol after so many posts did i finally posted my 1st post since 2 months ago...so busy, have a nice time patchou

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by KeyStorm on 04-01-2004 at 03:06 PM

quote:
I see no logic reason in having it anywhere in your nickname. :undecided:

You sometimes need someone to do tests. I don't wanna install any poligamy patch (which is illegal) and test it with my friend "KeyTest".
So mi cutsom status was (sort of): Beta-testing MP!3, don't worry if I send you some crap.

The thing is that none in my contact list cared about it: "wow a new MP! version is gonna be released!!"
And none did spam me with redundant questions ("when, when, when", "how, how, how", "what, what, what").
Advertised was meant ironically I don't get any profit but the satisfaction of contributing to this. So I can't be advertising it... :undecided:
;)
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by Choli on 04-01-2004 at 05:24 PM

I use old accounts with polygamy to test things and also other testers :P

quote:
The only one who seems to know what's going on with MP! is Choli... weird guy, it seems like he has stolen the beta from somewhere 

(ya sabes que bromeo)
* Choli slaps KeyStorm :P around a bit with a large trout.
I hacked your pc and stole it from there :P
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by Guido on 04-01-2004 at 08:21 PM

quote:
quote:
Although I have it advertised in my nickname, none has asked me, so I'm happy that so much people still ignore me  (*coughprunecough*).
WTF? :P

Advertised as a nickname? err... why? You want people to say how great you are for testing Plus!? Surely that isnt the point in having it. I see no logic reason in having it anywhere in your nickname. :undecided:

I have many people in my list who "advertise" it in their nicknames :P

I don't because my contacts (non-plus-fans ones, of course) couldn't care less about it :P

BTW, keystorm... this:
[Image: imgPrinter.php]

IS releasing screenshots of Messenger Plus 3 before April 2nd :rolleyes:
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by KeyStorm on 04-01-2004 at 08:28 PM

In my country it is April 2nd :refuck:

Well, it could be.
Give me just 1 hour and 30 minutes :P

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by Guido on 04-01-2004 at 08:31 PM

quote:
Well, it could be.
Give me just 1 hour and 30 minutes :P
:P
You thieve! :banana:

* Guido gets ready for all Dane Smith's super-archi-hyper-exciting articles!
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by Dane on 04-02-2004 at 12:16 AM

Strange I looked after you posted that, but what do you mean, GFD?

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by Patchou on 04-02-2004 at 07:14 AM

I'm bbbwwwaaaaacccckkk. I'll probably post something about my trip sometime during the weekend. Everything was great (as always at Disney World).

I finished sorting my emaisl and I have 58 beta reports to read with probably a lot of stuff to fix (hopefully, many emails will report the same thing, or will ask for new stuff despite my last warning ;)).

As for being a beta tester, there's no "Patchou didn't trust me this time"... I just didn't want to have a hundred beta testers for version 3.00 and I had to chose among the potential people to whom I could send the beta. If you're sure you were forgotten, you can send me an email and I'll work on a case by case basis (this only applies to people who exchanged many emails with me in the past).

I'll post more info soon about everything! Testers: keep up the good work. Others: don't ask for the beta, you probably don't want to use a Messenger full of bugs :).

Patchou

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by Underlord on 04-02-2004 at 07:28 AM

Welcome Back Patchou!
Did you go to Epcot?
I've been there :P
:D

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by --=TD=-- on 04-02-2004 at 12:13 PM

Welcome Back Patchou...

I hope version 3 will be released soon. I am using plus since it was just a beta, before 1.0 ...

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by jameseuk on 04-02-2004 at 01:21 PM

anyone seen www.mess.be today?

Messenger Plus 3 Exclusive!

thing is they get an exclusive then diss the quick icons panel in a previous version

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by Smethead on 04-02-2004 at 03:59 PM

Saw it and it's awesome. Great work patchou
cool features

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by Joe on 04-02-2004 at 04:07 PM

The screenshots are great, thanks for all ur time on Plus!
I, and all other Plus! users express our gratitude!!!!

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by Guido on 04-02-2004 at 04:50 PM

I don't know where Mess.be got the idea that it was an exclusive :P within 30 minutes about 4 sites had different reviews...

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by krisgreen65 on 04-02-2004 at 06:13 PM

I see on mess.be that my previous suggestion of a drop down list of commands when you press the '/' has been implemented! Nice one patchou! (will i be credited? 8-))

Cheers,

KJG :D

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by Guido on 04-02-2004 at 08:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by krisgreen65
(will i be credited? 8-))
It was not your suggestion, many suggested it before. And no, unfortunately given the lots of suggestion that Patchou receives and the number of times each one is mentioned by a different person, people are not credited for their suggestions but for their actual work for the software (developing, testing, designing, whatever)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by krisgreen65 on 04-02-2004 at 09:05 PM

Well..... if you can find a post that's dated before this one here (scroll down and find my post) then i'll gladly put my hands up and say it wasn't my idea....

Cheers,

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by Guido on 04-02-2004 at 09:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by krisgreen65
Well..... if you can find a post that's dated before this one here (scroll down and find my post) then i'll gladly put my hands up and say it wasn't my idea....

Well, since posts were pruned before around that time its likely that there is no suggestion post before some few months ago. I know it was suggested because I suggested it in 2.20 or so, and it had already been suggested...

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by krisgreen65 on 04-02-2004 at 09:54 PM

I think if you read on in the thread people thought it was a good idea, with some people saying it was a bad idea - now if this was and idea that had already been mentioned before i'm sure some eagle eyed cheey would have spotted it and said something... Anyway, not to worry - at least we can enjoy this feature now...

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by Joe on 04-03-2004 at 02:54 AM

true, no matter where the credit goes... im sure all credit is due to Patchou

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by Stijn on 04-03-2004 at 09:39 AM

since it has bean april 2 nd (isnt that what patchou said) please put some screan shots(as many as you can) of the beta !!! or could you get me the links to the screenshots!!!:(

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by Stijn on 04-03-2004 at 09:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by sock
I think a public beta/RC phase would be a good idea, but there's a lot of time before that (private beta phase + translation phase), so you'll have to wait a while... :p

I was chatting in the chat room and the people there said that there wont be a beta the public will be able to download but maybe we can convince patchou to send out a beta mid april or a week before release!!!:D:P;):D:P;)[font=Arial]

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by Tochjo on 04-03-2004 at 10:02 AM

quote:
since it has bean april 2 nd (isnt that what patchou said) please put some screan shots(as many as you can) of the beta !!! or could you get me the links to the screenshots!!!:(
Take a look at mess.be or look at the forums a bit better: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=23240.
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by Wabz on 04-03-2004 at 12:20 PM

quote:

Open your eyes man www.pluslite.com www.neowin.net www.mess.be  or just look around these forums theres plenty of screenshots already :P

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by Stigmata on 04-03-2004 at 12:33 PM

neowins report............

patchou, they showed alot and i mean alot of screenshots. every panel in the preferences

preety much every feature

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by jameseuk on 04-03-2004 at 01:46 PM

http://www.mess.be

http://www.pluslite.com/forums/index.php?&showtopic=731

http://www.neowin.net/comments.php?id=18757&category=main

;)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by Stijn on 04-03-2004 at 06:54 PM

ok thanx for the screen shots but you can stop sending me links now:D  and can someone help convince patchou to send a public downloadable beta mid april or a week before final release i cant wait any longer!!!

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by bach_m on 04-03-2004 at 07:01 PM

why get it a week  b4 the final? that seems pointless. and if anyone makes the decision, its Patchou.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by Choli on 04-03-2004 at 07:14 PM

quote:
ok thanx for the screen shots but you can stop sending me links now:D  and can someone help convince patchou to send a public downloadable beta mid april or a week before final release i cant wait any longer!!!
If I was Patchou I wouldn't release any beta to the public because people will see bugs and get a wrong idea about plus. Also, people would install it and forget to upgrade to the final version. That's not good. It's better a final, solid, well-tested and bug-free version.

Btw, in mid april, plus will still be available only in english so a lot of people won't use it.
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by EvilSeph on 04-03-2004 at 07:47 PM

quote:

No, I'm against it. Why? because the final product will always be better than a public beta. Take Invision Power Board for example, they've released a public development release version of their forum software and most people I talk to think it's the crappiest thing on the market, because it is just full of so many bugs.

You'll appreciate the wait when you see the final product. Public beta's just convince people that Plus! is full of bugs, and us testers aren't doing our jobs. No thanks =).
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by sock on 04-03-2004 at 08:14 PM

quote:
Any testing I do is with my good old friend Johnny_Test. Or sock. :P :banana:

quote:
* Guido gets ready for all Dane Smith's super-archi-hyper-exciting articles!
:rofl:

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
I'm bbbwwwaaaaacccckkk. I'll probably post something about my trip sometime during the weekend. Everything was great (as always at Disney World).
:-o I didn't know you were at Disney World! :-o I envy you... :) It's so far away from here.
Anyway, I'm happy to hear you enjoyed! Welcome back, and I'm sorry I've sent you so many Emails... :$

quote:
You'll appreciate the wait when you see the final product. Public beta's just convince people that Plus! is full of bugs, and us testers aren't doing our jobs. No thanks =).
Yes, but in my opinion, a public release candidate (which, as far as Patchou and the testers concern, is bug-free) would be a good idea, because then thousands of Plus!-fanatics could test it and make sure it's really bug free, on all strange system configurations.
Then, after a week or so, if everything goes well for everyone, the auto-update feature would start telling people to update, and the new Web site would launch. :p But that's just a suggestion. :p
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by zaidgs on 04-03-2004 at 08:33 PM

i wonder why are you being too picky about
the beta testers,
and so what if someone leaked it?!?!
y dont u even put it for public download?!?!
for example many plug ins are betas, and many
software distributors, in their web pages, put two downloads
one for the last final version, and another for a new beta version.
y is patchou so secretive about his betas ?!?!

getting a bad reputation of being buggy is not
really true (i think), u are getting a beta after all.
n u dont have to put it on the main page,
just attachment on the forum, so anybody who downloads it
will probably be familiar with such issues.

im just wondering, i have no intensions what-so-ever to be
a beta tester, or smthn, its just that many requests are their,
and they are being denied. so i asked myself,
why ?!?! maybe there is something that i cannot
understand here !!

also, its good for the impatient users for new stuff !!! ;)

i apologize if the question is offensive,
thats an innocent wonder after all, no more !!

hope to get an answer :$

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by riahc3 on 04-03-2004 at 08:58 PM

Patchou welcome back. the mouse with big ears can take so much stress off right ;)

zaidgs i agree that a beta should NOT be realeased because like people have said before its better that finish product. Look at Longhorn.......Nub's are all the time saying in forums "Why is this so buggy and slow? MS isnt doing anything!" so same well happen with MP3 if its released as a beta.

I will never ever leave Messenger! Plus because ive fallen in love with it since day 1 hehe

*waits for the release. You might have to ban me cuz i may overload the server click refresh all the time on the day of the release like many people

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by Guido on 04-03-2004 at 09:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by zaidgs
i wonder why are you being too picky about
the beta testers,
and so what if someone leaked it?!?!
y dont u even put it for public download?!?!
(blaaaaaaablaaaaablaaaaaaa)
why ?!?! maybe there is something that i cannot
understand here !!
Because its his program. He wants it to be as good as possible till people can use it. Good for him.

Don't make him spend time answering "No" to your convincement intents, and let him fix the bugs :).

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by jpg050 on 04-04-2004 at 10:24 AM

Well, I would like to have caught the beta, but I'm agree with Patchou not releasing a public one (yet, at least). A lot of users know what a beta is, but a lot don't, and ignorance has a big mouth on his own, so they would start saying plus! is a ********* **** ***... a bad example is when our nice sponsor kicked in... this filled up with people complaining (and say it's a bad example because some educated people complaining had their share of reason in that case, which you can't have if you're complaining about beta soft). When it is more depurated, he could ask himself if it is wise to release a public beta sooner or later, but anytime it keeps on being his software... And until now he hasn't deceptioned us (broken hearts apart :P), so let's see what does he bring us this time... 

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by zaidgs on 04-04-2004 at 01:34 PM

quote:
a bad example is when our nice sponsor kicked in... this filled up with people complaining (and say it's a bad example because some educated people complaining had their share of reason in that case, which you can't have if you're complaining about beta soft).
well. yeah, this example is good of how people can be
ignorant!!! :D
ignorance was not on my mind!!! thats the missing part! ;)
btw, longhorn is probably is pre-alpha version,
not a beta. i imagine how much time we'd had to wait
if microsoft didnt release the media player 9 beta,
it was not bad at all.
anyways, that all patchou's choise!! im sure the wait for
the final plus!3 will not be a waist of time :D
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by jameseuk on 04-04-2004 at 05:48 PM

Another day another lot of links

http://www.msgpluszone.com/forums/viewthread.php?tid=667&page=1

http://www.kaonet.net/index.php?n=single&id=37

http://www.pluslite.com/forums/index.php?&showtopic=731

thing is I'm wondering if Patchou knows about these and if he does has he gave permission for these sites to use the info?, if not I'd think more carefully when selecting beta members

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by Chris.1 on 04-04-2004 at 05:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jameseuk
thing is I'm wondering if Patchou knows about these and if he does has he gave permission for these sites to use the info?, if not I'd think more carefully when selecting beta members

I think Patchou said it was ok to release info after April 2nd. It'll get the hype of it up and get more people downloading!

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by Guido on 04-04-2004 at 07:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jameseuk
Yes, he authorized testers to show screenshots and features after April 2nd.
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by zaidgs on 04-04-2004 at 08:52 PM

you kno, forget about beta n stuff,
i wanna thank patchou sinserely because
by now, he had taken two of my suggestions
into consideration.

this 5 panels thing,  i have asked for since the
plus! 2.54, and now i am seeing it in the plus!3
screenshots.
( http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=19743 if you never saw it)
and another suggestion from the time of 2.50.

guess u all kno how much u feel respected and heard
when two of your suggestions are taken.
with my all my respect for patchou for making a quality
software, i now kno that he takes the suggestions
from each individual
and thats very respected for developers.

patchou never posted in that thread, n i thought
that it didnt occur to him to implement it,
but i was proven wrong by the screenshots.

wish microsoft would hear customers suggestions
and complaints as patchou does ;) :P

thx patchou for plus!3, and more for new features
that you put for other ppl's suggestions.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by brianjdupuis on 04-05-2004 at 02:50 AM

Hehehe Patchou I was wondering if you can give us an actual day that it will be released to all of us? :)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by bach_m on 04-05-2004 at 02:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by brianjdupuis
Hehehe Patchou I was wondering if you can give us an actual day that it will be released to all of us? :)

no. if you give a day, ppl keep whining about it. stop asking. i doubt he will give one
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - Now Beta by Patchou on 04-05-2004 at 06:41 AM

zaidgs: good sugestions are always welcomed :). It's true that I don'T always reply to the threads, but I read most of what you all say on this forum (except in T&T... I go there only when I really a break and feel like reading a couple of useless things about usless facts ;)).

Thread closed, if you wanna talk more about the forthcoming Plus!3, please do so in some other threads in MsgPlus General Talk.

The beta is doing very well!
Patchou