Shoutbox

msn internal site chaging slightly - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: msn internal site chaging slightly (/showthread.php?tid=23264)

msn internal site chaging slightly by tomfletcherman on 04-03-2004 at 07:32 AM

a setup for msn is aat this address:

http://download.msn-int.com/download/en-us/SetupDl.exe

which is different from the normal address, do you think they've uploaded the new version? Apparantly my pc has been specifically blocked from visiting this website, so does anyone else want to try?

RE: msn internal site chaging slightly by Anubis on 04-03-2004 at 08:11 AM

Nope. I got the same "You are not authorized to view this page" page. The way it says that my IP address is on a list of banned IP addresses for this page makes it sound almost personal. Chances are that this isn’t a new version of MSN Messenger…and if it is it won’t be 6.2 more like a more updated 6.1

RE: msn internal site chaging slightly by tomfletcherman on 04-03-2004 at 08:27 AM

ok, thanx

perhaps download clients could get past it?

RE: msn internal site chaging slightly by stonesour on 04-03-2004 at 08:33 AM

I can't even access msn-int.com I get the banned Ip thing

RE: msn internal site chaging slightly by tomfletcherman on 04-03-2004 at 08:37 AM

sure you wern't trying http://www.download-int.com ?

RE: msn internal site chaging slightly by CookieRevised on 04-03-2004 at 09:00 AM

I'm sure he didn't... It seems that MS has blocked all outside IP's. I bet only MS developers and such can visit it. Logical, because this is meant as an internal site, not to be viewed by us...

btw, and how did you know there is a setup at that address when you can't visit it?

RE: msn internal site chaging slightly by Anubis on 04-03-2004 at 10:42 AM

Microsoft conspiracy...:refuck:
More likely they don't want people going through there developing stuff

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
btw, and how did you know there is a setup at that address when you can't visit it?
Good Point
RE: msn internal site chaging slightly by Wabz on 04-03-2004 at 12:25 PM

It's password protected for me :P  (wonders if an IIS exploit would work on MS's own servers :P)

RE: msn internal site chaging slightly by tomfletcherman on 04-04-2004 at 07:18 PM

I knew there was a setup at that address because I looked at the address bar of internet explorer on the banned IP page

so that's how I know. Wish it was because i'm an expert hacker or something, o well

http://g.msn-int.com/7MEEN_GB/EN/SETUPDL.EXE

RE: msn internal site chaging slightly by Guido on 04-04-2004 at 08:20 PM

quote:
I'm sure he didn't... It seems that MS has blocked all outside IP's. I bet only MS developers and such can visit it. Logical, because this is meant as an internal site, not to be viewed by us...
Yeah, so it seems...

RE: msn internal site chaging slightly by CookieRevised on 04-05-2004 at 09:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by tomfletcherman
I knew there was a setup at that address because I looked at the address bar of internet explorer on the banned IP page

so that's how I know. Wish it was because i'm an expert hacker or something, o well

http://g.msn-int.com/7MEEN_GB/EN/SETUPDL.EXE
That doesn't mean there is a setup there... It could be an old redirection link that isn't taken off... the whole domain download.msn-int.com is IP-banned, so there is no way to tell...
try http://download.msn-int.com/download/en-us/mickymouse.exe
and see what I mean...
RE: msn internal site chaging slightly by GiantSpider on 04-05-2004 at 09:41 AM

but maybe thats what there trying to keep secret? j/k. I think there sick ov ppl nowin stuff wen the shudn't

RE: msn internal site chaging slightly by tomfletcherman on 04-05-2004 at 10:18 AM

lol, wish we did know stuff. The second link I put redirected to the first link I put, so my bet is there is something there

RE: msn internal site chaging slightly by CookieRevised on 04-05-2004 at 10:53 AM

quote:
lol, wish we did know stuff. The second link I put redirected to the first link I put, so my bet is there is something there
Like I said:

quote:
That doesn't mean there is a setup there... It could be an old redirection link that isn't taken off... the whole domain download.msn-int.com is IP-banned, so there is no way to tell...
try http://download.msn-int.com/download/en-us/mickymouse.exe
and see what I mean...

RE: msn internal site chaging slightly by tomfletcherman on 04-05-2004 at 08:47 PM

ok, but I thought if anyone could actually find out what was there, I mean it could be an msn 6.2 beta. Thread closed in my opinion:P

RE: msn internal site chaging slightly by EvilSeph on 04-05-2004 at 09:12 PM

This was already posted at Neowin and I believe you probably got it from there, because not a lot of people go about internal sites searching for an un-released program =).

Anyway, I announced this 3/2 days ago in the #msgplus channel, nobody seemed to take me seriously, but the truth is, all IP's of the testers are on the allow list, however that download url isn't the only thing that's restricted, other url's are too. This could mean that the beta has been uploaded, or it could be used to make us think the internal site holds useful, written-in-stone information that other hungry news sites will go about jumping and falling all over just to report it.

No one truly knows what is going to be in MSN Messenger 6.2, they only truly know what Microsoft has put on their "internal" site. This way, Microsoft can influence the way large media sites like Mess.be, Neowin.net etc..etc.. portray their information. But no one can verify this without asking a Microsoft representative =).

RE: msn internal site chaging slightly by tomfletcherman on 04-05-2004 at 09:21 PM

Very good points, and i'm sure I wont bother reporting anything unless I can download/install it. You may think I got it off neowin or heard you report it before, but I was actually very bored and looked at the source code for the site to find the links I posted. Bored all the way through, and i'm not a regular visitor on neowin and I dont use IRC

RE: msn internal site chaging slightly by EvilSeph on 04-05-2004 at 09:43 PM

Well yes, I just used this thread as a point to vent my ranting about how influential "internal" sites can be on news sites =)

RE: msn internal site chaging slightly by lylesback2 on 04-05-2004 at 10:24 PM

you need a certian IP to access these pages... if you can find the page wth the IP's on it, then it would be a way passed it?  someone could mask there IP to a new one and your in

RE: msn internal site chaging slightly by Menthix on 04-06-2004 at 05:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lylesback2
if you can find the page wth the IP's on it, then it would be a way passed it?  someone could mask there IP to a new one and your in

1. Finding such page will be very hard because it's not likely to be public.
2. If you manage to mask IP, the data wich the server replies with will be sended to the masked IP, not yours. You won't recieve data back.
3. It would be considered hacking, Microsoft can sue you for that.
RE: msn internal site chaging slightly by Huuf on 04-06-2004 at 05:23 AM

The real exe is on a different location, and can not be downloaded from the int site

RE: msn internal site chaging slightly by tomfletcherman on 04-06-2004 at 07:16 AM

I've always wondered how people found the msn 6 beta's, was it through the int site or another way?

RE: msn internal site chaging slightly by Menthix on 04-06-2004 at 11:24 AM

quote:
was it through the int site or another way?
Probally leaked by testers / people with full MSN subscriptions stuff like that.
If i recall it correct Patchou has access to some of the MSN beta's too (either because he is developing a MSN plugin, or because he has some good friends :)). Not really sure about it, i recall it from a LONG time ago, and no: Patchou won't leak any beta, so don't bother him.
RE: msn internal site chaging slightly by tomfletcherman on 04-06-2004 at 05:08 PM

I don't bother people, lol, everyone seems to hate me now, I'm not one for bugging people for things they aren't allowed to give, and I don't copy information and say its my own

RE: msn internal site chaging slightly by Menthix on 04-06-2004 at 06:27 PM

I wan't talking to you directly. It was just ment as a warning for people in general who get crazy ideas like "Hey, let's go email Patchou and beg him for MSN 6.2 :o".

So dont worry, i don't hate you or anything.

EDIT: btw, i'm almost sure nobody except from the MSN team/official testers have MSN 6.2 right now (IF it esists, there is 0,0 prove for that), else it would already been leaked.

RE: msn internal site chaging slightly by Kryptonate on 04-06-2004 at 06:31 PM

why can't people just wait 'till the official release of software? :undecided:. Beta's contain (more) bugs and are more dangerouse to your computer than the official release.

RE: msn internal site chaging slightly by EvilSeph on 04-06-2004 at 06:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
EDIT: btw, i'm almost sure nobody except from the MSN team/official testers have MSN 6.2 right now (IF it esists, there is 0,0 prove for that), else it would already been leaked.

Not necessarily, testers are supposed to be trustworthy, I doubt Microsoft will allow another leak, unless it's purposely done.

RE: msn internal site chaging slightly by KeyStorm on 04-06-2004 at 06:51 PM

I think they've had enough of people leaking internal information and reporting about future releases with unofficial information which maybe can make the lose customers

Btw, when will 6.2 be released? (to lazy to look it up :P)

RE: msn internal site chaging slightly by Kryptonate on 04-06-2004 at 07:06 PM

it's expected at the end of April

RE: msn internal site chaging slightly by EvilSeph on 04-06-2004 at 10:16 PM

Apparently the 8th of April, no ones reported a drawback or "slip" in the due date.

RE: msn internal site chaging slightly by Kryptonate on 04-06-2004 at 10:25 PM

I somewhere heard that it is expected to be released later (22nd of April), but can't remember where. I'll search for it :)

Edit: Mess.be (MSN Messenger 6.2 latest news)

RE: msn internal site chaging slightly by tomfletcherman on 04-07-2004 at 07:36 AM

Who knows, personally I want it tomorrow lol. Maybe they are making lies just to confuse the public

RE: msn internal site chaging slightly by Kryptonate on 04-07-2004 at 08:45 AM

it's all expected in due time so we don't know when exactly it will be released. And be sure MS wouldn't lie just to confuse the public ;).

RE: msn internal site chaging slightly by EvilSeph on 04-07-2004 at 04:37 PM

Ah, why not? they've done it before? It's a good advertisement gimmick. All they do is say it's gonna come, and then they prolong the anticipation, as a result everyone expects MSN Messenger 6.2 to be so MUCH better than MSN Messenger 6.1..and I mean omg, it's just a freaking decimal point of a change from 6.1 to 6.2... Most people are expecting huge changes, improvements you know, the works but it's practically impossible to tell what will be implemented and what will not. Unless of course you have Microsoft correspondants at your side, telling you the ongoing events of the great software giant.