Shoutbox

Would you pay for Messenger Plus? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Would you pay for Messenger Plus? (/showthread.php?tid=23273)

Would you pay for Messenger Plus? by LayZeh on 04-03-2004 at 01:21 PM

You know what, reading Neowins review i would. It's a great program and the GUI revamp finishes it off nicely, i'd say it's ready for retail now.

I was going to post a poll but didn't know how and there's no information on how to do it in the forum help files.

But yeah, sell it Patchou it's ready.

RE: Would you pay for Messenger Plus? by KeyStorm on 04-03-2004 at 01:31 PM

Well, you can buy MP! related items, so you kinda pay Patchou. But I would suggest him to make a PayPal account to donate money, because I think many people would donate, despite of the fact that they don't have the sponsor installed and don't buy anything... Just a suggestion...

* KeyStorm would donate :rolleyes:

RE: Would you pay for Messenger Plus? by BiZaRrE on 04-03-2004 at 01:33 PM

Well it would depend on the price...:undecided:..

quote:
Posted by Patchou on 12/19/2003
I planned to start selling licenses of use for around $199
If that is the case, then, no I wouldn't. That would be too much for me:tongue:

But like I said, it would depend on the price;)
RE: RE: Would you pay for Messenger Plus? by CookieRevised on 04-03-2004 at 03:15 PM

Yes I would donate, and I did when Patchou still had his PayPal account...

Patchou once said he doesn't want donations anymore because there is the sponsor and people could buy stuff in the online shop, and he would be asking too much (being greedy)... But, I agree that some people would rather donate instead of buying an article in the "shop". And having also a paypal button in the shop (like it used to be) isn't a sign of being greedy ;) It's just another option...

Well, that's my opinion...

quote:
Originally posted by BiZaRrE
Well it would depend on the price...:undecided:..
quote:
Posted by Patchou on 12/19/2003
I planned to start selling licenses of use for around $199
If that is the case, then, no I wouldn't. That would be too much for me:tongue:
But like I said, it would depend on the price;)

Indeed, but don't quote that line out of context ;) It was a joke... (PS: I know you know, but some people might not know and take it seriously. The quote comes from here)
RE: Would you pay for Messenger Plus? by Stigmata on 04-03-2004 at 03:33 PM

but the problem is if you did have to pay for it. there would be cracks made. and something stupid like messenger plus lite (nothing to do with danes site,i mean like kazaa lite)

and i dont think you would be greedy... if you had a donation.

you earned it :)

RE: Would you pay for Messenger Plus? by bach_m on 04-03-2004 at 03:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jackass_wanabe
but the problem is if you did have to pay for it. there would be cracks made. and something stupid like messenger plus lite (nothing to do with danes site,i mean like kazaa lite)

which is why patchou doesn't want to do that :P
RE: Would you pay for Messenger Plus? by Ezra on 04-03-2004 at 09:48 PM

although ik like plus! very much, i wouldn't pay, I would just crack it, or download a lite version. But still we should donate some to patchou, because he still makes te best add-on for msn there is!

KEEP IT UP PATCH!

RE: Would you pay for Messenger Plus? by Pr0xY on 04-03-2004 at 11:29 PM

well I wouldn't pay for the plus program, but when summer coems around and I have a staible money flow, I'll be donating to patchou... I think we all should. 

RE: Would you pay for Messenger Plus? by Guido on 04-04-2004 at 12:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by pr0xy_nuk3r
well I wouldn't pay for the plus program, but when summer coems around and I have a staible money flow, I'll be donating to patchou... I think we all should.
He doesn't accept donations. If you want to help you can buy something at the store or installing the sponsor.

RE: Would you pay for Messenger Plus? by Wabz on 04-04-2004 at 12:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Guido
He doesn't accept donations. If you want to help you can buy something at the store or installing the sponsor.

Or you can send your Gratitude by Postcard :)

(YES THATS SNAIL MAIL)

RE: Would you pay for Messenger Plus? by WDZ on 04-04-2004 at 01:11 AM

I'd pay for Plus! if I could... I don't have a job though, or a credit card, so I can't. :p

I also think Patchou should keep the PayPal account active, and just kinda hide it away on the site so people don't think he's greedy. :p

RE: Would you pay for Messenger Plus? by marissa on 04-04-2004 at 01:37 AM

Wouldnt you this be like having to pay to talk to your relitives/friends from far away? I wouldnt like to pay:S...plus i've got no money for me.(N)

RE: Would you pay for Messenger Plus? by Guido on 04-04-2004 at 03:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Wabz
Or you can send your Gratitude by Postcard :)

(YES THATS SNAIL MAIL)
I was talking about economic help, not psicological fulfillness :P

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
I also think Patchou should keep the PayPal account active, and just kinda hide it away on the site so people don't think he's greedy. :p
Agreed :)
RE: Would you pay for Messenger Plus? by lopardo on 04-04-2004 at 06:38 AM

Same as WDZ, I would if I could :)

:plus2: rules :grin:

RE: Would you pay for Messenger Plus? by Patchou on 04-04-2004 at 07:13 AM

quote:
although i like plus! very much, i wouldn't pay, I would just crack it, or download a lite version.

That sums-up what most of my user would say.... and what WDZ said would probably sum-up what the other users are thinking. Nobody pays for the software they use, certainely not younger people. I'm not saying that here to be mean, it's just the current reality. As I often say, I'll consider selling my public products the day people will buy the music they listen to.

I thank you for your post but I'd prefer to get a postcard from all of you :). The sponsor is already here to bring me my salary. As for having a Paypal account, I have one, but I use it for eBay, not donations :).

Thank you all for the support!
Patchou
RE: Would you pay for Messenger Plus? by CookieRevised on 04-04-2004 at 08:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by okay
Wouldnt you this be like having to pay to talk to your relitives/friends from far away? I wouldnt like to pay:S...plus i've got no money for me.(N)
No it wouldn't... Plus is an addon for MSN Messenger. If you don't have Plus, you can still talk to your relatives by using the free MSN Messenger...
RE: Would you pay for Messenger Plus? by Pr0xY on 04-04-2004 at 02:43 PM

patch, so when summer comes around, I cant give my northern neighbor a pressent for making such a wounderfun piece of software?

RE: Would you pay for Messenger Plus? by Anubis on 04-04-2004 at 02:47 PM

I love Plus because it has got loads of great features and its freeware. But I would only buy it if;

1. It was available in shops
  2. Free upgrades
    [/list]
    Just my two cents

RE: RE: Would you pay for Messenger Plus? by GiantSpider on 04-04-2004 at 03:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jackass_wanabe

Plus! Lite is DX's site. Plus Zone is Dane's.
Patch u shud accept PayPal donations. I would much rather do that than have the sponsor. Keep up with the consumer man.
RE: Would you pay for Messenger Plus? by saralk on 04-04-2004 at 03:47 PM

i wud donate to u patch, the only problem is I can't.
And with the store, last time i checked they dont accept Solo cards (in the UK Solo is like a kiddies debit card).

However, that should all change when i get my Visa-Electron Card :D. thankyou halifax, letting 14 year olds to spend money.

So when i get my new card, ill definatly buy a bumper sticker.

However, a problem with the shop, the stuff u sell, no offence are pretty pointless, i can see the point of the Mouse-mat and stickers and stuff, but i doubt many ppl wud want to wear a messenger plus! t-shirt.

So, bring back the donate thing.

RE: Would you pay for Messenger Plus? by kao on 04-04-2004 at 04:54 PM

no i'd never pay to use Plus :undecided: theres far better things to spend my money on...

RE: Would you pay for Messenger Plus? by Alpha Binary on 04-09-2004 at 02:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
However, a problem with the shop, the stuff u sell, no offence are pretty pointless, i can see the point of the Mouse-mat and stickers and stuff, but i doubt many ppl wud want to wear a messenger plus! t-shirt.

So, bring back the donate thing.

i totally agree!
RE: Would you pay for Messenger Plus? by leito on 04-09-2004 at 02:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
but i doubt many ppl wud want to wear a messenger plus! t-shirt.

I would use it!! I love weird shirts, you can't buy in "normal" stores, many people love to wear a nike t-shirt, but come on, 10 million ppl wear that.

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Nobody pays for the software they use, certainely not younger people.

yep, that's right!

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
I'll consider selling my public products the day people will buy the music they listen to.

good point, and very nice from your part

Edit: I think you don't said "from your part", but in spanish should be "de su parte", like "muy amable de su parte" (Y),

And Patchou??? I'm from Guatemala, have you received a postcard from here??
RE: Would you pay for Messenger Plus? by Dane on 04-09-2004 at 03:14 AM

Blah, Im proud of my Plus! T-Shirt!  People have actually asked me about Plus!, Its a great way to promote it.  As I see it, They download Plus!, Some of them prolly install the sponsor, therefore it puts MORE money in Patchou's Pocket!  And if Plus! Became Pay, I'd find a way to pay for it.

RE: Would you pay for Messenger Plus? by kangie on 04-09-2004 at 10:21 AM

mmmmmm... i wouldnt pay... no offence :P  but i dont have money to spare :( i'd just go without

RE: Would you pay for Messenger Plus? by Matt Darbon on 04-09-2004 at 11:08 AM

Unless Plus! was something really special i wouldnt pay as its not really a necesity for MSN. like Hotmail if it went pay i would probably pay for (depending on cost). Plus! is a genius idea and made well but i cant see patchou getting many paying customers tbh

RE: Would you pay for Messenger Plus? by Mippo on 04-09-2004 at 12:17 PM

I would donate, but not pay. If it's paying, you'll have this certain price... if you donate, you can give whatever you want. I would like to have some Plus! goodies too, but if only I had a credit card... :(

RE: Would you pay for Messenger Plus? by Nexohrion on 04-09-2004 at 03:26 PM

I wont pay for it, there are a couple reasons for it:
First: its a tool/plugin/addon, i'll never buy for such things...
Second: When you have to pay for it you can download it on kazaa, so again,  most people will ask themselfs: why paying?

When you say would you donate, yeah ofcourse I would donate..

If you listen to the author of spybot - search and destroy... "Patrick M. Kolla"
He says about his program:

quote:
Why Freeware?
There's a simple answer to that. What do you get if you buy a program? Lots of ones and zeros, that's all. If they were distributed as art, I could understand to pay for it.
But if the main goal of their order is to earn money - by fees or ads - I don't like it!
And thats why this program comes for free.

RE: Would you pay for Messenger Plus? by BooGhost on 04-12-2004 at 10:34 PM

i think i would pay (as long as it's cheap and lets you update lot of times)

but I would do it just coz i like the software and the community, why do i say this, coz there would be a LOT of ppl not using it.

altought most of the software that needs licences get hacked, so this one would probably also get hacked :-/

RE: Would you pay for Messenger Plus? by eurorepublik on 04-12-2004 at 11:10 PM

nope unless it had a super idea like mine then yes i would,

SUPER IDEA THAT I CREATED HERE

RE: Would you pay for Messenger Plus? by eurorepublik on 04-13-2004 at 04:27 AM

if patchio would charge for this program this is what would happen

the number of users would go from

3,143,951 (Three million, one hundred fourty three thousand, nine hundred and fifty one)
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V

0 (ZERO)

thats right zero. i suggest keep this program free, becuase even it is pay, warez sites are going to pirate it. hell warez sites pirated this already when its free, releasing this beta before its realeased.

unfortunatly some people dont know where to hook em selves up with warez.

RE: Would you pay for Messenger Plus? by BooGhost on 04-14-2004 at 01:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by eurorepublik
thats right zero
I assure you NOT :refuck:

quote:
warez sites are going to pirate it
SO TRUE :-/
RE: RE: Would you pay for Messenger Plus? by zappy004 on 04-14-2004 at 01:32 AM

quote:
warez sites are going to pirate it
SO TRUE :-/

well... i won't pay for it...
it is maybe my favorite program on my computer!
so sorry, if you put a price on MsgPlus, I would pirate it.

I dont pay for music,
I dont pay for any programs
I dont pay for any computer games
I'm only 15 i dont work and i won't pay what i can get free...
i know it is against moral... but we will all die someday, and i want to live happy!

so it is a really bad idea tu put a price on MsgPlus!!!
RE: Would you pay for Messenger Plus? by Concord Dawn on 04-14-2004 at 03:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by zappy004
well... i won't pay for it...
it is maybe my favorite program on my computer!
so sorry, if you put a price on MsgPlus, I would pirate it.

I dont pay for music,
I'm only 15 i dont work and i won't pay what i can get free...
i know it is against moral... but we will all die someday, and i want to live happy!

so it is a really bad idea tu put a price on MsgPlus!!!

Agreed.
RE: Would you pay for Messenger Plus? by eurorepublik on 04-14-2004 at 03:43 AM

yeah me too, i steal money too. from the bank

RE: RE: Would you pay for Messenger Plus? by Nychus on 04-14-2004 at 04:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by BooGhost
quote:
thats right zero
I assure you NOT :refuck:
agreed. its not gonna be zero, consiering the fact that there are still many people paying for the programs like deadaim...
quote:
I dont pay for music,
:gfdrin::gfdrin:
RE: Would you pay for Messenger Plus? by .blade// on 04-14-2004 at 04:57 AM

Even if it was made to need to be payed for, we already have a decent free version :refuck:

If a payed version came out, I simply wouldn't get it....or maybe just crack ti :refuck: :P

But I mean really, Very few ppl would pay for it bcz so many ppl already have FREE versions :P That's like saying "There will now be a tax on air" :P Ppl would stop using it ;) lol
(OK...bad example :P :lol:)

RE: Would you pay for Messenger Plus? by Patchou on 04-15-2004 at 06:54 PM

I think we've all heard enough exemples of why the software (and music) industry is doing so bad these years. Let's close the thread :). Don't worry, I'll never force anybody to pay for Messenger Plus!, but please, do not proudly say on public forums that you're stealing authors and that you don't care about it, that's not very respectful.