Shoutbox

Messenger Freedom?? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Messenger Freedom?? (/showthread.php?tid=23398)

Messenger Freedom?? by Kafman on 04-06-2004 at 09:34 PM

Recently, while I was "surfing" in others forums, I`ve see a program named Messenger Freedom and its supposed to be like Plus! but with a lot of more features, what you think about it? :huh:   
My opinio is that there is no better plug-in that Plus!;)

RE: Messenger Freedom?? by KeyStorm on 04-06-2004 at 09:39 PM

Is this déja-vu or was it asked a couple of weeks ago?
Well, nevermind, post a link to it to see if it's true.

RE: Messenger Freedom?? by dotNorma on 04-06-2004 at 09:40 PM

That was a project started a while back by wtbw. It was canceled unfortanantly for us because its creator needed a life.

RE: Messenger Freedom?? by Tochjo on 04-06-2004 at 09:41 PM

Messenger Freedom is, as far as I know, an add-on for MSN Messenger, about the same as Messenger Plus!, but not finished, and that may take a while.

As it is not finished, there's not much to tell. Features that were mentioned were, if I recall correctly, things like more than 5 custom emoticons per message and file transfer resuming, which would be nice, but it's not finished, so it's pretty useless talking about it, I think :)

Currently, Plus! is the best, but who knows what will happen in the future ;)

You might be interested in reading threads like http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=21894 and http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=19363.

Apparently NoName summarized it a bit :tongue:

RE: Messenger Freedom?? by MC Inferno on 04-06-2004 at 11:04 PM

He sumerized it aklot if you ask me :P Excuse, must check out these websites ;) just while we're on the topic, are the any other add-on's like Msg. Plus!?

RE: Messenger Freedom?? by Menthix on 04-07-2004 at 05:17 AM

There are enough plugins for Messenger, just take a look at mesee.be. None of the is as good as Plus! tough :p.

RE: Messenger Freedom?? by azn angel on 04-07-2004 at 10:31 AM

patch has competition!:O:P

RE: Messenger Freedom?? by bach_m on 04-07-2004 at 10:57 AM

no. not really.

1. Mesenger Freedom has been halted. i believe

2. wtbw is a friend of patch, and does something with the hooking for :plus2:

RE: Messenger Freedom?? by GiantSpider on 04-07-2004 at 11:12 AM

yeah Will does "Funky shit with the assembly code" and that is him in the about box

RE: Messenger Freedom?? by Wabz on 04-07-2004 at 12:21 PM

Wtbw is a cool guy!  He studies at Oxford university and is incredibly busy ensuring his future by working extremly hard on his course.  He also needs to go out and have fun coding all day isnt all it's made out to be!

Hopefully one day wtbw will start coding it again and we'll have an add-on to rival Msgplus! 

RE: Messenger Freedom?? by GiantSpider on 04-07-2004 at 12:22 PM

but technically he cud just use the code Patch gives him but he goes to Oxford. Fuckin hell

RE: Messenger Freedom?? by Pr0xY on 04-07-2004 at 01:34 PM

Wtbw should finish coding it(when he has time), release freedom messenger, and then work with patchou to combine the two add-ons to make one f**king awesome add-on.

RE: Messenger Freedom?? by MC Inferno on 04-07-2004 at 01:51 PM

I know theres loads of plug-in's for msn, especially mess.be, but I meant is there a patch like plus? not plug-ins doing a few extra stuff. basically, I'm asking if Plus! has some compo, but from the posts, I doubt it.

RE: Messenger Freedom?? by GiantSpider on 04-07-2004 at 01:54 PM

theres like a version for yahoo messenger

RE: Messenger Freedom?? by EvilSeph on 04-07-2004 at 04:44 PM

Messenger Freedom was set out to be everything Plus! was not, as requested by the author, please cease discussion of Messenger Freedom.

It has been suspended indefinitely because wtbw has a life and has no time to program Messenger Freedom.

Can someone please lock this thread? =) Thanks.

RE: Messenger Freedom?? by Anubis on 04-07-2004 at 04:54 PM

Wtbw did start on Freedom but I don't think he got far...but it'd be good if he released all the work he's done on it so (hopefully) someone else can continue it...this is extremely doubtful though

RE: Messenger Freedom?? by Stigmata on 04-07-2004 at 05:02 PM

well.... just think....

would you rather see plus or freedom at the top of your contact list :)

RE: Messenger Freedom?? by Anubis on 04-07-2004 at 05:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jackass_wanabe
would you rather see plus or freedom at the top of your contact list
BOTH!...Plus! is fantastic and hopefully freedom is just as good...also it'd be good to see programmers rivalry
RE: Messenger Freedom?? by Stigmata on 04-07-2004 at 05:07 PM

[Image: attachment.php?pid=223348]

?

RE: Messenger Freedom?? by Kryptonate on 04-07-2004 at 05:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MC Inferno
I know theres loads of plug-in's for msn, especially mess.be, but I meant is there a patch like plus? not plug-ins doing a few extra stuff. basically, I'm asking if Plus! has some compo, but from the posts, I doubt it.
Plus! is not a patch, it's an add-on like there are so many that can be found on mess.be. A patch is used to correct software or to close a leak in software.
RE: Messenger Freedom?? by MC Inferno on 04-07-2004 at 05:48 PM

You know what I mean :S not my fault if my english is poor.

RE: Messenger Freedom?? by CookieRevised on 04-07-2004 at 06:00 PM

quote:
The Korean Messenger PowerPlus is also an more advanced addon then the rest, which hooks into MSN Messenger, just like Plus!...
RE: Messenger Freedom?? by MC Inferno on 04-07-2004 at 06:05 PM

Thanx cookie. Erm, four questions then if you dont mind,

1. Can I have the two (Plus! and PowerPlus) at the same time?
2. Is it in english?
3. Is the anything i shoulkd know about it, like price, ad-ware, etc?
4. Is it worth it?

PS. I'm not being lazy, its jus im very busy, but I'm having a look as you read this.

RE: Messenger Freedom?? by CookieRevised on 04-07-2004 at 07:23 PM

quote:
Thanx cookie. Erm, four questions then if you dont mind,
yes I mind :D that's off topic, go to http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=23426

RE: Messenger Freedom?? by MC Inferno on 04-07-2004 at 09:52 PM

Soz :S I told ya I was a little rushed, thats why it's took so long to check the threads out myself, and also why its taken this long to reply. :P Thanks anyway kidder (Y)

RE: Messenger Freedom?? by Patchou on 04-08-2004 at 05:51 AM

quote:
It has been suspended indefinitely because wtbw has a life
err... thank you :refuck: