Shoutbox

"Not for Resale" games - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: "Not for Resale" games (/showthread.php?tid=23401)

"Not for Resale" games by .blade// on 04-06-2004 at 10:36 PM

I'm just about to trade in some games I have and one came with my console, which is marked "Not for Resale". You guys know if that includes used, or if it is talking about when it's new (e.g. oppening up the console special offer box and selling it seperatly).

Please DO NOT respond if your just guessing.

RE: "Not for Resale" games by KeyStorm on 04-06-2004 at 11:05 PM

The fact is that you can't be a reseller: ie. you can't sell the product and the guarantee and other not related services which are only allowed to official vendors.
But you can sell the product as-is without any guarantees given by you related to the company.

So you can't sell it as new. That'd mean that the guarantee is valid from the day you sell it and that's not true.

RE: "Not for Resale" games by Patchou on 04-07-2004 at 10:48 PM

Nope, it just means what it says "not for resale" ... special promotions are not supposed to be sold to anybody. Of course, nobody will ever bother you if you do, its just illegal (mostly to prevent stores to sell special promotion games separatly and make a promit out of it).

RE: "Not for Resale" games by .blade// on 04-07-2004 at 11:01 PM

Well I mean to a major store...I was going to trade it in X_X

RE: "Not for Resale" games by kao on 04-07-2004 at 11:08 PM

they might not take it, but i done it before, i think they just didn't notice the sticker saying it though :P

worh a try, if they say "cant take this" you can always ask why and when they tell u its there just act innocent like "oh, didnt notice that :("

:banana:

RE: "Not for Resale" games by tomfletcherman on 04-08-2004 at 08:05 AM

Just remove the markings saying about it

RE: "Not for Resale" games by .blade// on 04-08-2004 at 02:52 PM

That would be hard as it is a DVD game (XBOX) with it printed RIGHT ON THE DVD lol

RE: "Not for Resale" games by saralk on 04-08-2004 at 02:52 PM

my friend sold splinter cell that way, originally it just came in a paper packet thing, and it came with a sticker, so he got a dvd case, put it in, and stuck the sticker on, and sold it at gamestation, they accepted it like any normal game.