Shoutbox

This is interesting - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: This is interesting (/showthread.php?tid=23429)

This is interesting by brianjdupuis on 04-07-2004 at 08:34 PM

Hey today I was looking at some screenshots of Windows longhorn and I came across this!!

RE: This is interesting by Menthix on 04-07-2004 at 08:40 PM

That's the new Windows Messenger which will be included with Windows Longhorn (before people start talking MSN 6.2 rumors again :s).

But it looks nice, i think i shoul try Longhorn too somtime.

RE: This is interesting by martin on 04-07-2004 at 08:44 PM

looks interesting
the pic must be pretty old thou

quote:
last message recieved 14/10/02 at 2:05 pm.

RE: This is interesting by Menthix on 04-07-2004 at 08:50 PM

Uhm, could it be this screenshot is totally fake? I just search to see how old the 4183 build showed in the screenshot really is and it came up with this (including way more sites reporting fake screenshots): http://users.pandora.be/aldatillian/VARIOUS/LH_Fake_Builds.htm#LH_4183

RE: This is interesting by Pure_BY on 04-07-2004 at 08:59 PM

This is a kind of (Windows??) Messenger you get with MSN Ecplorer... I have no idea why, but i never got such a thing myself, my brother did... Just on Windows XP or 98, dont remember what he had excactly, was very long ago... All i remember is that it was totally unsopported by Plus! and had no cool features, just a much better interface

Maybe this is a kinda thing you get when you use MSN Explorer and have no MSN Messenger installed or shit, I dont know :-/

RE: This is interesting by M-Head on 04-07-2004 at 09:13 PM

Yeah, it's the Messenger that you get in MSN Explorer. It's only the old version though. You can't use it now, either, as you get told you HAVE to update before u can use MSN Explorer again. Dayum.

RE: This is interesting by Kryptonate on 04-07-2004 at 09:19 PM

Hm, there will be some interesting features in Longhorn :). The picture viewer looks nice, the transparacy of windows explorer and the GUI are nice too.

RE: This is interesting by KeyStorm on 04-07-2004 at 10:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kryptonate
Hm, there will be some interesting features in Longhorn :). The picture viewer looks nice, the transparacy of windows explorer and the GUI are nice too.
What transparency?

Anyway... It looks... fake.
You have seen there are more things in the windows (Invite, Send files, Webcam, Launch, block, format, etc.). They can't have taken it off from one day to another. And the design looks also very simple for me. Look at the scroll.
And as Shady sais, it's probably some MSN-Explorer-crap. Look at the icon. In the tray there is MSNExplorer and WinMessenger.
So... not interesting at all, imo.
RE: This is interesting by Kryptonate on 04-07-2004 at 10:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
What transparency?

http://users.pandora.be/aldatillian/IMAGES/LH4053/LH.4053_Glass.jpg It's not in the fake-longhorn-screenshots so could be real :)
RE: This is interesting by MC Inferno on 04-07-2004 at 10:08 PM

Looks fake to me, but I do like it. If it exsisted and had stuff like webcam and such like onto it, and I'd get it, much nicer then MSN 6.1 on windows 98 if you ask me ;)

RE: This is interesting by KeyStorm on 04-07-2004 at 10:14 PM

quote:
http://users.pandora.be/aldatillian/IMAGES/LH4053/LH.4053_Glass.jpg It's not in the fake-longhorn-screenshots so could be real :)
Uhm, ok, I thought you meant that screenshot. Nice, but rather useless imo.

Something I forgot: Where are the DPs? ;)
RE: This is interesting by bnevets27 on 04-08-2004 at 09:11 PM

just my observation

http://mach.vub.ac.be/%7Ervrompae/LH.FAKES/LH.Build.4183_messenger.jpg

is exactly the same as what was posted here
i know nothin about it, its just what i saw

RE: This is interesting by lylesback2 on 04-08-2004 at 09:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
Uhm, could it be this screenshot is totally fake? I just search to see how old the 4183 build showed in the screenshot really is and it came up with this (including way more sites reporting fake screenshots): http://users.pandora.be/aldatillian/VARIOUS/LH_Fake_Builds.htm#LH_4183
thats the version of WINDOWS not MSN Messenger... plus look at the start menu... the wrong icon for MSN Messenger :P wheres the butterfly?

RE: This is interesting by Kryptonate on 04-08-2004 at 09:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
Uhm, ok, I thought you meant that screenshot. Nice, but rather useless imo.

perhaps useless, but also fun (dunno :tongue:)

go belgium :banana:
RE: This is interesting by lylesback2 on 04-08-2004 at 09:39 PM

Wait! has anyone thought of looking at the TITLE of the page / taskbar?  it says Longhorn FAKE Builds...

quote:
Microsoft Codename "Longhorn" FAKE Builds
It's quite amazing how many people claim to have screenshots of the newest and latest build of Microsoft Codename "Longhorn" (LH).
While this next-gen OS from Microsoft is still in its _alpha_ stage, some even claim to have video-footage of the 1st LH Beta!
Sometimes it's really hard to see that a screenshot is indeed fake like very subtle mistakes in the build number for instance;
sometimes it's plain obvious when the author used the wrong theme for instance; and
sometimes it's just hilarious what people dare to call a screenshot of the newest LH leak ;-)

also.. www.betavision.net is no longer a site :P
RE: This is interesting by Kryptonate on 04-08-2004 at 09:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lylesback2
Wait! has anyone thought of looking at the TITLE of the page / taskbar?  it says Longhorn FAKE Builds...
also.. www.betavision.net is no longer a site :P
Wait! have you read MenthiX second post in this thread? it says it's a fake one :p.
RE: This is interesting by s7a5 on 04-08-2004 at 10:04 PM

this build is fake :)

http://www.pro-networks.org/main/index_LH.php

RE: This is interesting by marissa on 04-08-2004 at 11:32 PM

I dont know much about the new windows or anything. but i swear i've seen that as someones theme:S on some theme site...meh. i could be wrong...It looks all...crowded.

RE: This is interesting by Super Dude on 04-09-2004 at 02:16 AM

That screenshot is a fake. Microsoft is sticking to a Grey scale theme (Slate) for longhorn right now.

And if someone has seen that as a desktop before in a screenshot, it is most likly the person was using DesktopX :P ;)

RE: This is interesting by .blade// on 04-09-2004 at 02:27 AM

lol :P Well anyways, ppl, don't forget to not always believe what you see/hear, even if it does look amazingly good....lol

RE: This is interesting by Mike on 04-09-2004 at 06:55 AM

Ummm...
What is loghorn? :$

RE: This is interesting by Menthix on 04-09-2004 at 07:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike2
What is loghorn?
It's the new version of Windows, longhorn is just the codename. Microsoft is still developing it and it won't be released until 2005 / 2006 or something. But some people already managed to get some very early test version of it.

RE: This is interesting by Kryptonate on 04-09-2004 at 07:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by okay
I dont know much about the new windows or anything. but i swear i've seen that as someones theme:S on some theme site...meh. i could be wrong...It looks all...crowded.
You can install different themes in Windows XP, so propably the person you knew installed a theme that looks like Longhorn but it's just a change of how windows xp looks :).
RE: This is interesting by tomfletcherman on 04-09-2004 at 03:55 PM

Why did microsoft release betas of longhorn? surely everyone can wait for the hopefully less buggy final that might actually have some programs made for it?

RE: This is interesting by KeyStorm on 04-09-2004 at 04:11 PM

Well, we'll have to wait at least two years for it... :S

But trust me I can wait... Not that I wished it's released (and not that I'm gonna buy it :refuck:)

RE: This is interesting by Nexohrion on 04-09-2004 at 04:16 PM

I've got a question for who got the newest alpha/beta of longhorn,
How are the drives being set,
are those still A: thru Z: ? or is it already changed,
the last time i used it, it was still A: thru Z:, and what i heard, is that Microsoft was building on a new technology for drives...

RE: This is interesting by Pure_BY on 04-09-2004 at 05:13 PM

Ahm... i dunno whats "A: thru Z:", but all my drivers dont work, screen looks fucked up, i have no sound, it works slow as fuck: takes ages to install, years to start up and hours to run the programs.

Messenger Plus! 2 worked well though :grin:

RE: This is interesting by bach_m on 04-09-2004 at 05:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SLim Shady
Ahm... i dunno whats "A: thru Z:", but all my drivers dont work, screen looks fucked up, i have no sound, it works slow as fuck: takes ages to install, years to start up and hours to run the programs.

welcome to the wonnderful world of unfinnished OSes. especially leaked ones :rolleyes:
RE: This is interesting by Kryptonate on 04-09-2004 at 06:35 PM

quote:
Ahm... i dunno whats "A: thru Z:"
Your drive gets a character (from A to Z); A:\ is mostly your floppy drive, C:\ your first hard disk, etc ...
quote:
but all my drivers dont work, screen looks fucked up, i have no sound, it works slow as fuck: takes ages to install, years to start up and hours to run the programs.

You can expect that when you install a leaked version of software that isn't even in beta-phase :refuck:
RE: This is interesting by s7a5 on 04-09-2004 at 06:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tomfletcherman
Why did microsoft release betas of longhorn? surely everyone can wait for the hopefully less buggy final that might actually have some programs made for it?

First of all Longhorn is not beta yet but alpha build. The beta is due to the end of this year unless they shift the date again and again what they all like to do.
Many people like to test and see the new features of the upcoming release and that's why they cant wait

quote:
Originally posted by Nexohrion
How are the drives being set,
are those still A: thru Z: ? or is it already changed,

They are still set as in Windows XP and the drive architecture is still the same, however in beta they 'll start testing the new drive technology
RE: This is interesting by Super Dude on 04-09-2004 at 08:44 PM

A longorn beta prob. wont come out until 2005 at the earliest because a large % of M$ programers are working on XP SP2.

RE: This is interesting by Digirat on 04-09-2004 at 08:59 PM

i don't know what some of you idiots are seriously saying....

1) longhorn is only an alpha release
2) its is NOT greyscale
3) the latest build is 4053 as far as i know
4) take a look at some screenshots i took: running one of the earlier versions of longhorn through virtualpc.
http://godd.no-ip.org/1/longhorn/index.html

RE: This is interesting by Kryptonate on 04-09-2004 at 09:21 PM

Don't call us idiots, it's not very respectful is it?;)

1) It's not even alpha :refuck: it's a build version, the alpha will be released this year.
2) we can see the difference between grey and blue :rolleyes:
3) learn to read, every where you see "4183" it says it's fake :p
4) good for you :banana:

RE: This is interesting by s7a5 on 04-09-2004 at 09:42 PM

:rofl: good one

RE: This is interesting by Mike on 04-10-2004 at 01:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bach_m
welcome to the wonnderful world of unfinnished OSes. especially leaked ones :rolleyes:
:lol:

Anyway longhorn looks nice:D
RE: RE: This is interesting by Nexohrion on 04-13-2004 at 01:40 PM

quote:
Don't call us idiots, it's not very respectful is it?;)

1) It's not even alpha :refuck: it's a build version, the alpha will be released this year.
2) we can see the difference between grey and blue :rolleyes:
3) learn to read, every where you see "4183" it says it's fake :p
4) good for you :banana:

y0 mellow teefje ->
your point number one is wrong! did ya know?

It's a build IN the alpha Phase....
that means its a ALPHA VERSION...

didn't yo learn that on school?

RE: This is interesting by Kryptonate on 04-13-2004 at 02:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nexohrion
y0 mellow teefje ->
your point number one is wrong! did ya know?

It's a build IN the alpha Phase....
that means its a ALPHA VERSION...

didn't yo learn that on school?
Why do you call me 'mellow teefje'? :dodgy: that's not necessary, being a bit more friendly won't harm you. Sorry if I was wrong, everyone can make misstakes but that's no reason to insult people.