Shoutbox

Patchou makes messenger!! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Patchou makes messenger!! (/showthread.php?tid=23544)

Patchou makes messenger!! by brianjdupuis on 04-11-2004 at 02:56 AM

If Patchou made his own Messenger like with his own server and with his own total way of a messaging peice of software would you use it?

I think with all the knowledge he has, and all the creativity from him and other people in this forum I think he could do it!!!

I sure know I would use it with the quality of work he puts into his work......

RE: Patchou makes messenger!! by Chakotay2003 on 04-11-2004 at 03:04 AM

All I got to say is that HOW TO MAKE IT POPULAR ?

I think it is almost impossible to beat MSN messenger.

RE: Patchou makes messenger!! by brianjdupuis on 04-11-2004 at 03:06 AM

Well Might I add 4 MILLION PEOPL USE MSN MESSENGER PLUS, and its growing soo fast especially with his new version of Messenger Plus 3!! There is no problem for popularity!

The people are looking for change, looking for a stable peice of software and s erver that wont go down every three days! I think Patchou can provide us with great service!

RE: Patchou makes messenger!! by leito on 04-11-2004 at 03:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chakotay2003
All I got to say is that HOW TO MAKE IT POPULAR ?

In messengers, POPULAR is the same as... expensive (all servers, and stuff)

quote:
Originally posted by Chakotay2003
I think it is almost impossible to beat MSN messenger.

Going against Microsoft will be always difficult

quote:
Originally posted by brianjdupuis
his own server

If you pay for it, and for all technology, maybe.. he could
RE: Patchou makes messenger!! by brianjdupuis on 04-11-2004 at 03:09 AM

Well imagine if everyone payed $1 Dollar!

$1 Dollar * 4 million ppl

and you would only pay once, yearly! Then he would have enough money to pay for all the things he needs. Also if you have major sponsors you wouldn't even need it. Also he has great dedication from some of his Administrators, Super Moderators, and elite memebers, so running it and mainting it wouldn't be a problem!

RE: Patchou makes messenger!! by CookieRevised on 04-11-2004 at 03:15 AM

Patchou wouldn't write a widely spread illegal program, so unless he buys a license from MS to use the MSN-network/protocol, he can't use the MSN-network in his messenger and thus needs to set up a different network. And thus I can't contact my friends who use MSN Messenger anymore, and thus: no :D

If he will buy the license, (and this means we will pay for it also) then maybe. It depends on how good it is :D

all hypothetic of course ;)

RE: Patchou makes messenger!! by brianjdupuis on 04-11-2004 at 03:18 AM

Well People need a change and i'm hearing it from a lot of people who are fed up with Msn Messenger, and NO he doesn't have to do anything with Microsoft he would make his own peice of software that has nothing to do with Microsoft at all! I think patchou can do it.

I thought people would be happy when I brought this idea up, and encourage Patchou to do such a thing, It was just an idea.... :)

RE: RE: Patchou makes messenger!! by Hank on 04-11-2004 at 03:23 AM

quote:
Well People need a change and i'm hearing it from a lot of people who are fed up with Msn Messenger, and NO he doesn't have to do anything with Microsoft he would make his own peice of software that has nothing to do with Microsoft at all! I think patchou can do it.

I thought people would be happy when I brought this idea up, and encourage Patchou to do such a thing, It was just an idea.... :)

how would people then contact there friends on MSN or any other network if he didnt use the MSN Protocol/network..
RE: Patchou makes messenger!! by brianjdupuis on 04-11-2004 at 03:25 AM

Well how do you think you contact your friends on ICQ when your using Msn and only have Msn on!!! People will swtich over slowly, with a good peice of software and great service it will work. PEOPLE ARE FED UP WITH MICROSOFT I KNOW I AM!!! If patchou came up with something like this I would switch in a second.

Ps: I'm only talking about the messaging software! Excluding Hotmail and all that other Microsoft crap lol :P

The name could be called: Patchou Plus Messenger!! :P I like the name :D took me awhile to think of haha

RE: Patchou makes messenger!! by brianjdupuis on 04-11-2004 at 04:32 AM

Hopefully get enough people to vote, and to get the hint across to patchou to do this!!

RE: Patchou makes messenger!! by Mnjul on 04-11-2004 at 04:38 AM

quote:
$1 Dollar * 4 million ppl
I wouldn't say 4 million dollars per year is enough for holding such an enormous instant messaging network...8-)

And you have to always remember that:
If there were no Messenger from Microsoft, there would be no Messenger Plus!. If there were no Messenger Plus!, we wouldn't be here.
RE: Patchou makes messenger!! by brianjdupuis on 04-11-2004 at 04:45 AM

Well if patchou made his own software and then he can have all those Great features in Messenger Plus now into his own Messenger software!

Here is a small example what Patcho could do!! and yes I know the screenshot isn't the greatest at all!! lol But it's just to give an idea to those small brain people out there to see what it might look like LOL

RE: Patchou makes messenger!! by WDZ on 04-11-2004 at 06:03 AM

:| :throwup:

That looks worse than MSN Messenger, with no new features. :refuck:

Now that the GUI is made, let's see a few thousand lines of example C++ code for this new messenger... ^o)

Seriously, this project would be way too complex. :rolleyes:

RE: Patchou makes messenger!! by kao on 04-11-2004 at 06:09 AM

why bother when he can just make a legal program to improve MSN Messenger, which is not only alot easier, but alot cheaper ...

EDIT: lmfao @ that pic, i agree with dz on the :throwup: thing

RE: Patchou makes messenger!! by Chrono on 04-11-2004 at 06:13 AM

that's the crappiest thing ever! :lol:

RE: Patchou makes messenger!! by crank on 04-11-2004 at 02:35 PM

If patchou would do it ok I would use it i guess.
But stil it ain't easy and hasn't got a lot of use.
:@ Patchou has made a great program with plus! and that's enough. Who needs another messenger? There are a huge number of messengers all with a big company behind it and lot's of people working on it. An example who in hell uses Bravenet Messenger? Almost nobody. That's what would happen if Patchou made a messenger, who needs a new messenger? Everybody uses MSN or ICQ and others like that. It costs a lot an has totaly no use.

8o| Your idea just sucks 8o|

:blah::argue::blah:

RE: Patchou makes messenger!! by Jeronimo on 04-11-2004 at 02:44 PM

If Patchou made his own Messenger service, his workload would increase many times. He is already working on Plus as much as possible. Plus is only as good as it is, because a lot of work is already done for Patchou by Microsoft. It would be a near impossible undertaking for just one man to do it all.

Also as stated before, there would be very few people actually using it. I wonder, what real problems do you have with Microsoft and MSN Messenger as it currently stands?

RE: Patchou makes messenger!! by saralk on 04-11-2004 at 02:51 PM

I think he only has a problem with it going down, a lot :dodgy: which doesnt really.

However, wouldnt it be really cool if someone made a p2p messenger service.

It could be like KaZaA sorta, ppl with fast computers and internet connections become servers, they search for servers and connect to them, and so all of the servers are connected together.
Then when u connect, u only search for one server, and u get connected to that server, and to see if sum1 is online, u just send a message  to ur server, which relays the search accross all of the other servers.

Far fetched, time consuming, bandwidth consuming, i know. However it would be sooooo coooool

RE: Patchou makes messenger!! by LethAL on 04-11-2004 at 04:09 PM

I think the idea of a plus messenger would be cool, although time-consuming, expensive and pointless(we have msn, why do we need plus messnger).
However, i would download a plus messenger if it could connect to msn and have it's own plus network. For example plus features disabled on it's msn(because anyone with plus would have the messenger).
P2P wouldn't be a bad idea. But IF he makes his own network what would stop that from going down? A dedicated support team?

It's very difficult to decide. I won't force him to do it, but if he makes one, i'll be like :D!WAHEY!:D

RE: Patchou makes messenger!! by MC Inferno on 04-11-2004 at 04:41 PM

You cant force a man, who putshis heart and soul into making something for an income. We're not his boss, we are the customer's. How many other people do you know that do something when the money doesnt come first?

RE: Patchou makes messenger!! by Stigmata on 04-11-2004 at 04:48 PM

it would be piss in vb :)

well if u connected to the msn server :)
* Stigmata thinks of something on msn fanatic :)

p2p messenger
if you know vb. search www.pscode.com.......ive seen one on there before now

i doubt patchou will want to do this.....

but saying this he prob will :P

i dont see why you lot say its so difficult.........
hooking messenger is prob harder then making one :)

RE: Patchou makes messenger!! by CookieRevised on 04-11-2004 at 04:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jackass_wanabe
Making a decent one... It is harder to make a full blown (decent) application instead of an addon with 'some' functions...

RE: Patchou makes messenger!! by saralk on 04-11-2004 at 04:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jackass_wanabe
it would be piss in vb :)

well if u connected to the msn server :)
* jackass_wanabe thinks of something on msn fanatic :)

p2p messenger
if you know vb. search www.pscode.com.......ive seen one on there before now

i doubt patchou will want to do this.....

but saying this he prob will :P

were not talking about making something that connects to msn messenger, were talking about creating a completly new messenger program
RE: Patchou makes messenger!! by tomfletcherman on 04-11-2004 at 05:01 PM

Well there's the new only certain programs can connect 'law' and i'm sure patchou wouldn't want to break that.

RE: Patchou makes messenger!! by brianjdupuis on 04-11-2004 at 10:36 PM

I'm not asking Patchou to break any laws or to even do this idea, I was just thinking if Patchou has a large server and he ran the messaging software himself. I think Patchou could do it and that the quality of product and service would be outstanding.

Only Postive feedback thank you! :)

RE: Patchou makes messenger!! by baggio4eva on 04-11-2004 at 11:24 PM

the reason why msn messenger is so successful is because of the forced usage. they package it with windows, and use hotmail accounts. so basically if ppl want instant messaging, msn is the most accessible, so they use it. patchou is at a huge disadvantage, and in the long run, i dont think it would grow. the reason i use msn is cuz everyone uses it. otherwise i'd use icq.

RE: Patchou makes messenger!! by someone999 on 04-12-2004 at 12:21 AM

thats why i use it

but u also got to think that people who dont like MSN messenger's features (it was so long ago i start installing addons in messenger i can remember what it did bofore) so they install addons in it will probly get the Plus! addon first so they will probly come to the Plus! website first and find the messenger program

RE: Patchou makes messenger!! by Concord Dawn on 04-12-2004 at 01:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by baggio4eva
the reason why msn messenger is so successful is because of the forced usage. they package it with windows, and use hotmail accounts. so basically if ppl want instant messaging, msn is the most accessible, so they use it.

I don't agree with any of this. Packaged with Windows?^o) XP, yes, but none of the other versions, but it's Windows Messenger. And I know how to uninstall it, so it doesn't bother me;). That's why MSN created .NET Passports, so that people can use their old e-mail accounts with MSN Messenger. It is the IM client that is forced the most for sure, but if you want, you can have a perfectly MSN-free system.

quote:
Originally posted by someone999
thats why i use it

but u also got to think that people who dont like MSN messenger's features (it was so long ago i start installing addons in messenger i can remember what it did bofore) so they install addons in it will probly get the Plus! addon first so they will probly come to the Plus! website first and find the messenger program

Who actually likes MSN's features without Plus!^o)? The only reasons that Plus! is growing in popularity are the fact that it is the best addon for MSN known to man-kind and these forums.
RE: Patchou makes messenger!! by reisyboy on 04-12-2004 at 08:36 AM

Im voting no here because as i see it it would cost uncontrolable ammounts for Patchou. Also Plus! Wouldnt be the same if it was a standalone, its grown-up around messenger and doing that would mean alll the features where lost.

Again a further problem is people like programs that are welll known and are all offical, a second client wouldn't be so well accepted. And we wouldn't have our 4 Million :cry:

Anyway, in my mind bad idea :)

RE: Patchou makes messenger!! by saralk on 04-12-2004 at 02:50 PM

quote:
they package it with windows, and use hotmail accounts. so basically if ppl want instant messaging, msn is the most accessible

the whole idea of .net passports wos to create the idea of having 1 login for every website, or at least lots of websites. And i think that its free to use passports on ur own site.
So that bits sorted.

The packaging with windows, well you could probably get it stuffed into a lot of other programs like KaZaA lite and stuff, so people get it installed on their PC.

And an idea with funding, a lot of people have those programs that lets other people do calculations on ur pc and stuff, for cancer
research. And a lot of universities pay people to do that, so u cud get some university to pay you, and then you bundle a bit of software that will install it.

However, this is all dreaming, a new messenger is impractical, and will take too long to do
RE: Patchou makes messenger!! by Fraisie on 04-12-2004 at 04:33 PM

I voted no, because I know Patchou would never make his own messenger :P

RE: Patchou makes messenger!! by saralk on 04-12-2004 at 04:45 PM

so if ur boyfriend spent ages making a messenger, your wudnt even use it :o some girlfriend :p

its a hypothetical situation IF

i voted for yes and no :D

RE: Patchou makes messenger!! by brianjdupuis on 04-15-2004 at 05:21 AM

are you up for making a Messenger? lol