Shoutbox

Profile Patch - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Profile Patch (/showthread.php?tid=23722)

Profile Patch by Joe on 04-15-2004 at 03:14 AM

Members profile patch

Point your mouse over here, and click.

Note: This patch only works on version 6.1.0211
___________________________________________________Source Mess.be

BE SURE TO READ THE BELOW POST BEFORE INSTALLING THIS PATCH!!!!!!!!

(Thanks Cookie)

RE: Profile Patch by CookieRevised on 04-15-2004 at 01:24 PM

To install this you must close every instance of msn messenger completely.

This patch contains a patched english msgslang.dll (6.1.0211) and will replace your old one with it, nothing more.

But, be carefull with this "patch"...
It's only for MSN Messenger v6.1.0211 but since it will replace your msgslang.dll, every previous patch you did on this file will be cleared (for example if you changed away to idle).

The only thing that this new msgslang.dll replaces in your original msgslang.dll is this:
String Table > 35 > 1033 > 547, "%1!hs!/5meen_us/106?Version=6.1&GeoID=%2!08x!&Plcid=%3!hs!&CLCID=%4!04x!&Country=%5!hs!&BrandID=%6&passport=%7"

to this:
String Table > 35 > 1033 > 547, "members.msn.com/%7&pgmarket=en-us"

So you can easly change this yourself with ResHack in any other MSN Messenger version, without using this patch if you like.

RE: Profile Patch by .blade// on 04-15-2004 at 02:31 PM

What exactly happened to the Eurpean Profiles? I heard they took them away....but why? ^o)

RE: Profile Patch by CookieRevised on 04-15-2004 at 03:05 PM

As far as I know only the UK ones don't work...

RE: Profile Patch by Joe on 04-15-2004 at 03:25 PM

same w/ me

RE: Profile Patch by GiantSpider on 04-15-2004 at 04:14 PM

works like a charm

RE: Profile Patch by Jordan2004 on 04-15-2004 at 04:36 PM

Does anyone know when or if the UK public profiles will be back up?

I'd prefer not to change my MSN language file to US if it will back online soon.

RE: Profile Patch by CookieRevised on 04-15-2004 at 05:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jordan2004
Does anyone know when or if the UK public profiles will be back up?
Not me... and I don't know why it was taken offline also...
quote:
Originally posted by Jordan2004
I'd prefer not to change my MSN language file to US if it will back online soon.
There wont be any change to your language at all... It is just a different website (the one from US instead of UK) that is used to look up the profiles, nothing more...
RE: Profile Patch by Wabz on 04-15-2004 at 06:20 PM

there is a reason. 

Something to do with Child protection and the UK government requested profiles be made more secure as people were releasing personal data i.e. name and address and where thus more open to attacks from paedophiles

RE: Profile Patch by reisyboy on 04-15-2004 at 10:24 PM

So hopefully they will be back with added secuity. :-) And if MS have sense the other countys will have theirs changed as well :)

RE: Profile Patch by Zero1 on 04-15-2004 at 11:58 PM

@ Jordan2004 the file is english, as it is my msgslang.dll file ;)

They say that they are making them more secure etc, but to be honest its just going to cripple it.

RE: Profile Patch by Guido on 04-16-2004 at 12:37 AM

The only way to make them more secure is to make them accept less fields. The only way to make them secure is to close them.

RE: Profile Patch by Wabz on 04-16-2004 at 10:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by reisyboy
So hopefully they will be back with added secuity.  And if MS have sense the other countys will have theirs changed as well

I hope so I think it's a bit odd to block the UK but still let people view others from the UK's profiles if they dont live here

RE: Profile Patch by GiantSpider on 04-16-2004 at 11:04 AM

When 6.2 comes out will it default back to the UK page?

RE: Profile Patch by Wabz on 04-16-2004 at 11:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by GiantSpider
When 6.2 comes out will it default back to the UK page?

The Patch wont work :P  and the page will undoubtly remain blocked for a period of time after the release of 6.2

RE: Profile Patch by GiantSpider on 04-16-2004 at 11:33 AM

Rite. So the patch would need an update

RE: Profile Patch by Zero1 on 04-16-2004 at 11:36 AM

The patch will be updated as soon as we get our hands on 6.2 (shouldnt be too long)

RE: Profile Patch by CookieRevised on 04-16-2004 at 11:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by GiantSpider
Rite. So the patch would need an update
Or you patch it yourself with the instructions I gave...
RE: Profile Patch by GiantSpider on 04-16-2004 at 01:08 PM

In case u haven't noticed in the last 7 months i've been here i am lazy.

RE: Profile Patch by Jordan2004 on 04-16-2004 at 01:45 PM

I've applied the patch, and noticed the links to the MSN members, via the search link still directs you to the UK site.

Just a minor porblem, but what part of the msgslang.dll needs changing for this?

Thanks

RE: Profile Patch by Axiom on 04-18-2004 at 12:01 PM

Its annoying we (The people of the UK) keep losing more and more features of MSN and the internet because of 'Child Security' . What part of the internet ever claimed it was for children in the first place? Annoying...
I mean, now, if someone adds you that you don't know, you can't check their profile to find out about them, you have to start asking, and you can't tell me that is supposed to be more secure and 'child friendly' than being able to look at their profile and know if its someone you know.
Another thing, is that why is it the UK who gets these 'tests'? I'm sure the US has just as many, if not more, of 'those' types of people, but is it just because we found out how to find them out that we get these punishments? *sighs* I know this is kinda the wrong place to moan about this, just first its MSN chat gone, and now its profiles too, and soon it'll be MSN for people from the UK as a whole. I think rather than making the internet  experience more secure and safer, they should consider making getting onto the internet more secure rather than stripping away the things that give it such a large user base.

Okay, moaning ended now. 

RE: Profile Patch by sparkymcg on 04-19-2004 at 06:51 PM

btw is there a patch for UK ppl to go on MSN chatrooms

RE: Profile Patch by jren207 on 04-24-2004 at 05:46 PM

You can read some profiles but only members of msn groups. But, if they dont belong to a group, then thtz it... :S
My profile had my pic and everything but with an msn groups look.
I am from the UK btw.
(although this wont help you if you want to look from messenger)

RE: Profile Patch by sparkymcg on 04-25-2004 at 10:55 AM

Is there a patch for 6.2

RE: Profile Patch by Capo on 04-25-2004 at 04:00 PM

6.2.0133 Profile Patch

This wil re enable uk profiles on messenger 6.2.0133 ONLY. I just though i would knock this together till Timothy and Zero1 release an update. Make Sure You Close MSN before you install this.

Download Here

RE: Profile Patch by TedoDude on 04-25-2004 at 05:46 PM

If Microsoft did decide to close the profiles page they should have given us a decent page except a bit of Times New Roman saying "Closed".

I am not gonna patch it as there is all this stuff about patches and i don't really look... but we were told about the closure of MSN Chat Rooms by:

"Microsoft have decided to close their MSN chat rooms to reduce the number of incidents related to them... Hopefully more sites will do the same"

I thought it was worldwide, not just the UK :@

RE: Profile Patch by Capo on 04-25-2004 at 07:27 PM

microsoft just doesnt like the uk for some reason where its little hamster it experments on.