Shoutbox

VB open source (Sounds plugin) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: VB open source (Sounds plugin) (/showthread.php?tid=23888)

VB open source (Sounds plugin) by Mezabot on 04-19-2004 at 09:46 AM

I am currently developing a plugin called Mezenger Zounds in visual basic, this plugin will be open source, as I haven't seen any yet, I was wondering if any one does own an open source plugin in vb, as I really need to check some things, and add some things, to make it work completely, Creadits will go massivly to anybody who does help! I am adding a creadits section, there will be a link to there website, and there name etc. Please help me, Im using winmm.dll for the sounds, but I can change if slightly different

RE: VB open source (Sounds plugin) by Mnjul on 04-19-2004 at 10:05 AM

What kind of "things" do you want to check and add? :)

RE: VB open source (Sounds plugin) by Mezabot on 04-19-2004 at 10:22 AM

Well its just to do with the sounds, i just want to see how the client recieves them, thats all, just howto get it to play on the clients computer, i know you send a msg like 'sxs56' but im not sure how

RE: VB open source (Sounds plugin) by Mike on 04-19-2004 at 11:45 AM

Check the MsgPlus! plugins documantension :)
http://plugins.msgplus.net

RE: VB open source (Sounds plugin) by optimism_ on 04-19-2004 at 04:39 PM

in ParseCommand, send a notification message, and a UID for the sound. imo, i would use a 2 char code for the plugin, and 3 to identify the sounds, eg MZ for your plugin, and say hey for a "hello" sound

In receivenotify, split the sNotifyCode into the 2 char part and the 3 char part. If the first 2 = MZ then you know its a code for your plugin, then do a switch case, or lots of ifs, to identify which sound you need to play

RE: VB open source (Sounds plugin) by Mike on 04-23-2004 at 04:22 PM

There you go...
I made a quick example...

You type /xlolsnd and you will hear someone laughing.
If the other user has the plugin too, he/she will hear the sound too but the user's convo window must have focus!

Btw here is the link i got LOL.wav from : http://www.partnersinrhyme.com/soundfx/human.shtml but be sure to only download .wav sound files because i dont know if it works with other formats too!

If you are gonna add more sounds open "Install Info Maker" and add the excact name of the sound file(include .wav too!) to the ExtraFiles lists and then click save and then click yes.
If you are just going to change the code a bit then compile the plugin and run "updater.exe" .

To install the plugin just run "installer.exe"

Please tell me what you think ;)

RE: VB open source (Sounds plugin) by da man of men on 04-25-2004 at 11:15 AM

Wow very nice mike

RE: VB open source (Sounds plugin) by Stigmata on 04-25-2004 at 11:53 AM

well done mike :)

RE: VB open source (Sounds plugin) by Mike on 04-25-2004 at 07:31 PM

Heh.
Thank you.

RE: VB open source (Sounds plugin) by syroon on 04-27-2004 at 08:01 AM

I'm Getting an error when i want to compile it ..  it says :
COMPILE ERROR :

Constants, fixed-lenght  strings , arrays , user defined types and declare statements not allowed as public members of object modules

How to make it compile correctly ?

RE: VB open source (Sounds plugin) by Mike on 04-27-2004 at 10:53 AM

Sorry...
I forgot to save that after i fixed it...
Change :

code:
Public Declare Function PlaySound Lib "winmm.dll" Alias "PlaySoundA" (ByVal lpszName As String, ByVal hModule As Long, ByVal dwFlags As Long) As Long

to:

code:
Private Declare Function PlaySound Lib "winmm.dll" Alias "PlaySoundA" (ByVal lpszName As String, ByVal hModule As Long, ByVal dwFlags As Long) As Long

It should work:)
If you cant locate this piece of code its in Sample.cls (you'll see it as "SoundPlug" in vb) at almost top of the code...
RE: VB open source (Sounds plugin) by syroon on 04-27-2004 at 01:03 PM

Thanks man ;)

RE: VB open source (Sounds plugin) by Moots on 08-19-2004 at 11:25 PM

when i try ot run install infomaker it gives me an error and says component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or oneof its dependencies not vorrectly registered a file is missing or invalid, anyone help? i know im a pain in the ass :p

RE: VB open source (Sounds plugin) by Millenium_edition on 08-19-2004 at 11:28 PM

you need comdlg32.ocx ?