Shoutbox

have you ever got the hell out of school? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: have you ever got the hell out of school? (/showthread.php?tid=23942)

have you ever got the hell out of school? by lopardo on 04-20-2004 at 12:41 PM

I took a detour this morning... History was too difficult (especially when the teacher sucks)... So, here I am, 9:41 a.m, playing Need for speed underground in a cyber... :lol:

RE: have you ever got the hell out of school? by musicalmidget on 04-20-2004 at 12:43 PM

Naughty. :p

From time to time I skip lessons, but not very often.  It's so easy to get away with in the sixth form though, because nobody seems to care. :tongue:

RE: have you ever got the hell out of school? by WDZ on 04-20-2004 at 01:10 PM

* WDZ has left school early before... unfortunately, unless you have some really dodgy plan, you have to deal with the consequences the next day... :p

(Only a half hour detention, so it's worth it :grin:)

RE: have you ever got the hell out of school? by musicalmidget on 04-20-2004 at 01:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
* WDZ has left school early before... unfortunately, unless you have some really dodgy plan, you have to deal with the consequences the next day... :p

(Only a half hour detention, so it's worth it :grin:)

Only if you get caught. :p

Mind you, the beauty of sixth form is that they can't give you detentions, so providing you don't miss lessons a regular basis the worst you can get is a "discussion" with the teacher. :lol:
RE: have you ever got the hell out of school? by WDZ on 04-20-2004 at 01:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by musicalmidget
Only if you get caught. :p
O_o

They do attendance checks here... if someone is missing from a class, the office knows about it. :p

quote:
Mind you, the beauty of sixth form is that they can't give you detentions, so providing you don't miss lessons a regular basis the worst you can get is a "discussion" with the teacher. :lol:
:o
RE: have you ever got the hell out of school? by st0rm on 04-20-2004 at 01:29 PM

i did it once, some chick in my class dobbed on me, so i was handed 2 afternoon detentionz an a month grounding hehe, done it twice already this year, wit frenz, got away wit it, my parentz knew we was home, their parentz didnt hehe, but was fun, went to maccas hung out, went  back home, was worth it....neva got caught thank god

RE: have you ever got the hell out of school? by user27089 on 04-20-2004 at 02:19 PM

I RAN AWAY FROM SCHOOL TWICE, I TOOK MY BRO'S MOUNTAIN BIKE AND ROAD TO A NEAR TOWN CENTRE, THEN THE SECOND TIME I JUST RAN TO THE LOCAL GYM :)

* user27089 USED TO BE A PROBLEM CHILD

[you] suck

RE: have you ever got the hell out of school? by dom. on 04-20-2004 at 02:42 PM

yes, i really fucking hate my school. i think its fucking stupid that your parents can get fined, and even jailed if you miss school over here.. :@

RE: have you ever got the hell out of school? by Varish on 04-20-2004 at 02:43 PM

This is the reason i like college.........u can leave when u feel like it. :)

RE: have you ever got the hell out of school? by martin on 04-20-2004 at 02:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dom.
yes, i really fucking hate my school. i think its fucking stupid that your parents can get fined, and even jailed if you miss school over here.. :@
OMG,  i knew the students could get in trouble but not the parents.  im on probation right now for missing school to much
RE: have you ever got the hell out of school? by lopardo on 04-20-2004 at 02:57 PM

Glad I'm not the only one :)

RE: have you ever got the hell out of school? by CookieRevised on 04-20-2004 at 02:58 PM

as long as you're -18 (here at least, can differ in other countries) your parents are responsible for everything you do...

RE: have you ever got the hell out of school? by Menthix on 04-20-2004 at 03:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
They do attendance checks here... if someone is missing from a class, the office knows about it.
They do that at our school too, every lesson a paper goes round with all the names in that class and you have to put you signature on it.

If you have a lazy teacher that doesn't count if thre are as many signatures as there are people present then you just get a friend to sign it when you are gone.

And since we had a really cool class last year we all skipped a hour once :D. We all went home and left a note on the classroomdoor, it said something like: "Dear teacher, we are enjoying the sunny weather outside right now, we suggest you do the same and go home... Have a nice day, class XXX" :D

He got VERY pissed about that tough :s
RE: have you ever got the hell out of school? by musicalmidget on 04-20-2004 at 03:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
They do attendance checks here... if someone is missing from a class, the office knows about it.

Our school registers are all computerised, but the system is that dodgy that the office staff don't believe it when it says someone is "missing" and therefore nothing ever gets done. :p

quote:

As true as this is, parents are only usually fined after several warnings.  You would have to skip school on a very regular basis to risk this kind of punishment.  I've never known anyone get fined just for missing history. :p
RE: have you ever got the hell out of school? by CookieRevised on 04-20-2004 at 03:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
And since we had a really cool class last year we all skipped a hour once :D. We all went home and left a note on the classroomdoor, it said something like: "Dear teacher, we are enjoying the sunny weather outside right now, we suggest you do the same and go home... Have a nice day, class XXX" :D
He got VERY pissed about that tough :s
:lol: ooooooh that brings back memories :D We did that also. two times in fact... The first time the teacher looked for us in the city and found us... We were enjoying the nice weather with a couple of drinks in the local pub... He joined us and treated us some drinks :D The second time (again same teacher) he was a bit pissed (well, very slithly, more annoyed as in: "shit... they did it again" :D, heck, he was late for his own class, so we split :D) Afterwards we got a half-day detention to catch up the lessons we missed...

I loved that school... they were very strict, but if you behaved in a decent matter (not breaking stuff, not doing vandalism and those kind of things, and if you knew when to stop), you could get away with many things...

Like the time we put some soda in the toilets of the teachers room...  even some teachers were lauching while they actually had to punish us :) Or the time we put toilet-paper around the headmasters car, at fist he couldn't find his car anymore, after a couple of minutes he realised what happend... (unfortunaly it began to rain... and we were called from class to remove all the shit)... We also replaced his car once with a similar one but totaly wrecked (a teacher helpes us)... The whole school was laughing, even all the teachers, they knew immediatly what class was responsible :lol:... Or the time we sat on the roof of our school doing our homework (to good weather to be inside, so we split thru the window)... Or ... Or... ahhh... the good old memories

RE: have you ever got the hell out of school? by musicalmidget on 04-20-2004 at 03:44 PM

:lol:

I love hearing about other peoples school pranks. :p

When it comes to my last day next year, a friend and I plan to follow in the footsteps of a family member, and create a small contact explosive mix.  It's stable when wet, but when it dries, it pops as soon as something touches it.  It doesn't "explode" as such, but it bangs and sends up a small puff of purple powder.  It's going to be painted on door handles, ash trays (if we find any :tongue:), floors, tables and of course...toilet seats. (a)

It's not dangerous, but it will probably be the best prank of my life. :lol:

RE: have you ever got the hell out of school? by wj on 04-20-2004 at 03:58 PM

In my HS, We could skip for certian teachers, see them later that day in the hall, and not give a damn either way!

RE: have you ever got the hell out of school? by tomfletcherman on 04-20-2004 at 06:04 PM

I just never really go to PE, that lesson sux and all the teachers suck

RE: have you ever got the hell out of school? by saralk on 04-20-2004 at 06:11 PM

We had a teacher who no1 liked (it was a geog teacher, and everyone in the class has given it up once)

and we would just randomly move the desks around, and once we locked the door, so when he tried to come in, he couldnt, he was banging on the door, and we all pretended that we couldn't hear him.

Also sum1 managed to forge the teachers signiture, so we ordered 4 laptop trolleys, 6 tvs and a digital whiteboard to come in the middle of the lesson.

Then once, reversed his classroom, so all the tables, filing cabinets, whiteboard and everything were facing the opposite way.

We did loads of other things, and he never told anyone, he just said "your all gona be looking like fools when you do crap in ur end of year exams". Of course when we all got under 40%, the goveners "investigated his teaching methods"

RE: have you ever got the hell out of school? by martin on 04-20-2004 at 06:19 PM

some times i wish i went to a "real" school

RE: have you ever got the hell out of school? by dom. on 04-20-2004 at 07:21 PM

me too. our school gives saturday detentions for wearing make up (girls) or for wearing trainers (cause we have to wear uniform) ..

RE: have you ever got the hell out of school? by musicalmidget on 04-20-2004 at 07:32 PM

I didn't think that Saturday detentions were even legally allowed. :o

RE: have you ever got the hell out of school? by saralk on 04-20-2004 at 07:37 PM

According to the law, saturday detentions are allowed, but they are optional, furthermore "a child can not be discriminated for opting out of a saturday morning detention" (or words along those lines). However,when in my school i decided not to go to a saturday detention, the school argued that since i am a minor, it is up 2 my rents 2 decide if i shud go to the detention or not. And also cos its a private school, there was a contract my mum and dad signed saying that they can make me go to saturday detentions.

I tried to argue that the 'contract' was signed almost 8 years ago, and that things may of changed since then, but it didnt work :(

RE: have you ever got the hell out of school? by dom. on 04-20-2004 at 07:50 PM

quote:
I didn't think that Saturday detentions were even legally allowed.
If you can back that up, then i will honour you forever!

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
"a child can not be discriminated for opting out of a saturday morning detention"
same to you! :D

.. (6)
RE: have you ever got the hell out of school? by saralk on 04-20-2004 at 07:58 PM

i can back it up, ill find the link

http://www.dfes.gov.uk/behaviourandattendance/gui...lusion/annex_c.cfm

thats the optional bit

quote:
Originally posted by dfes
Early morning, Saturday and holiday 'detentions'

22 The law allows schools to use detentions other than at lunchtime or after school. For Saturday morning, early morning, or holiday detentions which pupils attend voluntarily, there can be no question of false imprisonment. Such detentions depend on the co-operation both of the pupil and parent.

This is in the uk btw
RE: have you ever got the hell out of school? by musicalmidget on 04-20-2004 at 08:02 PM

quote:
quote:
I didn't think that Saturday detentions were even legally allowed.
If you can back that up, then i will honour you forever!

I've just done a bit of research on this.

It turns out that some Saturday detentions are actually legal, but they seem easy to get out of.  Take a look at this page for some interesting information (the saturdays bit is towards the bottom):

http://www.dfes.gov.uk/publications/guidanceonthelaw/10-99/detain.htm

quote:
Early morning, Saturday and holiday 'detentions'

22  The law allows schools to use detentions other than at lunchtime or after school. For Saturday morning, early morning, or holiday detentions which pupils attend voluntarily, there can be no question of false imprisonment. Such detentions depend on the co-operation both of the pupil and parent.

:)
RE: have you ever got the hell out of school? by reisyboy on 04-20-2004 at 09:03 PM

Its easy in our school parents go out to work. You wait at home and the school call saying you child is truent or asking for a reason on an automated message. So you just pretend to be your father/mother and say you have a soar anckle :P

RE: have you ever got the hell out of school? by dom. on 04-20-2004 at 09:22 PM

Thanks for that MM and saralk..

Although, if i didnt turn up for a Saturday detention.. i would be given at least another one, if not 2. "One for the original reason, " (because I wouldnt have been punished) "and one for not attending a Saturday detention" or.. excluded for a number of days!

Even if this isnt legal my school will do it. Then if i confront them with this, id get into more trouble for arguing! :@

RE: have you ever got the hell out of school? by KeyStorm on 04-20-2004 at 09:36 PM

I usually take my laptop to school... and when I don't wanna go to class I go out. If I'm alone I play NFS. :grin:

RE: have you ever got the hell out of school? by Wabz on 04-20-2004 at 10:50 PM

If you want out of school get your older brother to phone in sick or get you out early works a treat.  My voice is that deep i sound like my dad anyways

RE: have you ever got the hell out of school? by kangie on 04-21-2004 at 09:51 PM

tbh, as long as you only miss the lessons every once in a while, they dont notice...... (A)

RE: have you ever got the hell out of school? by MC Inferno on 04-21-2004 at 10:42 PM

My mate was supposed to be in physics 4th lesson, and when he was'nt here, by science teacher give me a note and told me to give it to my year head. I found out later that he'd been suspended :P

My year head is called Mrs. Bygroves, he bunked off her lesson too, and WALKED PAST the room through windows :| The best one we ever did was snap the handle of the classroom from the outside so when she came back, she couldnt get in, and then hweall pretended shewas'nt there! She was in tears, hahahahahaha

My chemistry teacher is shit, and we jus do what we want. Me and my mate bunked off, went the shop, xcame back 20 mins, said, we've been smoking weed, and he was'nt bothered :P I started drinking in class, listening to my CD player, and SINGING during class, that was boss, hahahaha! That was last monday ;)

RE: have you ever got the hell out of school? by Wabz on 04-21-2004 at 10:52 PM

I was a  naughty boy at school

too clever for my own good to be honest

I used to torment teachers big style .  Just say meths is flammable and doesnt burn unless you leave it for too long :)

RE: have you ever got the hell out of school? by lylesback2 on 04-21-2004 at 11:40 PM

LMFAO!!!!!!! once i went to first period (out of 5) and then decided to go home and play dreamcast :$... i played till like 4:30pm!

and once i said school starts late, and it really didn't, i just stayed home to play PS2... when it was first launched :$...

now that i have x-box... what lies ahead ^o)

RE: have you ever got the hell out of school? by Pipish on 04-21-2004 at 11:51 PM

lol well if i skipped skool i would need a stupid note signed by my mum and they keep naging u about it so then i would get in trouble butyes i hate school i think we all do and i wish i could skip it

RE: have you ever got the hell out of school? by Pinchichuv on 04-22-2004 at 12:34 AM

i have ran out off school, cause in my school the dont give a fuck if you attend your classes or you dont, and sometime when the profeser is cheking the list of those who are in class, after the theacher name my i just live the class rom :D

RE: have you ever got the hell out of school? by Nitemistress on 04-22-2004 at 04:54 AM

We had an art teacher who was pretty clueless, loved to listen to himself talk and we would take advantage of it every time he showed a really boring art film. One by one we would leave the class and he would never notice the door open and close. We snuck back once and watched through the window to see what he would do and he just assumed he had missed the bell that ended class. Art was a poorly attended class and no one ever got in trouble for not showing up or leaving early!

Other than that we would just pick the teachers who were less attentive or really boring and if the vice principal or teacher tried to nail us on being absent we'd just tell them we were there and they must have just missed noticing. Only time I got detentions for skipping out was when I'd leave for the day in the middle of the day but our detentions were a breeze and almost as much fun as the skipping that we got them for.

RE: have you ever got the hell out of school? by azn angel on 04-22-2004 at 11:36 AM

last year we had a pretty good HOD (head of department) and the last week of skewl we would go for one lesson and then go 2 to the city (we could walk) but this year its gay, my teacher marked me awae for a lesson i was at and i had to go see her! but we dont go on da last days ov every term. man i wish i was as crayzee as u guyz, we dont get saturdae detentions an certainly not for wearing makeup! my 2 friends were once in the toilets instead of going to class and they were playing cards and the teacher decided to go to the toilet (dont know why she didnt use the staff ones) and they got busted lol. my skewl is kewl

RE: have you ever got the hell out of school? by TheBlasphemer on 04-22-2004 at 12:43 PM

Damn you and your softy schools -_-
Every teachers gets a paper with all names, and tree blocks in front of it.
One for absent, one for late, and one i didnt figure out yet.
During lessons they check the list, and then at the end of the day it goes trough the computer. So they always find out when you're absent :(

And if they do, They'll keep nagging you with it untill either your mom wrote 2 letters (they always pretend they 'didnt get' the first one), or you attended 2 hour detention :( (4 till 6 PM)

Ugh... Hell

RE: have you ever got the hell out of school? by Wabz on 04-22-2004 at 03:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TheBlasphemer
And if they do, They'll keep nagging you with it untill either your mom wrote 2 letters (they always pretend they 'didnt get' the first one), or you attended 2 hour detention

Just do what i do with Detentions .  Don't go :P

Thats harsh though my school couldn't keep track of where the teachers were let alone the pupils :dodgy:

I'm almost glad I left nearly 3 years ago :refuck:

RE: have you ever got the hell out of school? by saralk on 04-22-2004 at 08:52 PM

Once i was in a test that i hadnt revised for, so i prented to have a nervous break down - i got up kicked the chair and knocked the desk over, than went into the corner of the room and started crying.

I spent the rest of the day with the school counsouler, her office is amazing, really comfy couches and loads of junk food.

RE: have you ever got the hell out of school? by marissa on 04-23-2004 at 02:23 AM

i just tell my mom i dont wanna go to school, she tells me to get up i dont, so i miss about a week because i just didnt wanna go. when i go back teachers mad at me principal is mad (shes a fucking hippo :undecided: ..hehe ill get a piture of her and show you if you'd like:)) anyhoo...i get caught up a bit, then tell mom i dont wanna go again. simple as that really:)

RE: have you ever got the hell out of school? by -mj_girl- on 04-23-2004 at 02:51 AM

ooooh! at my state skool i used 2 go to, it was either suspention or an arvo, coz everyone did it. but at my new skool-steiner skool, coz its such a priveledge to go to one, as their are very selective. you wouldnt dare lol.

RE: have you ever got the hell out of school? by Chrono on 04-23-2004 at 03:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lopardo
have you ever got the hell out of school?
who hasnt? :o
i used to when i was younger and went to school :P

RE: have you ever got the hell out of school? by Tochjo on 04-23-2004 at 04:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
quote:
Originally posted by lopardo
have you ever got the hell out of school?
who hasnt? :o

I haven't :o
RE: have you ever got the hell out of school? by CookieRevised on 04-23-2004 at 04:36 PM

Wait till you're 18 and in your final year :p .... Or when you're a bit older and studying in college or on the university... I bet you will ;) (/me sees Tochjo going to the uni in the futur and doing well... damn... I'm old... talking like my father :p)

Talking about old... Yesterday I saw an old teacher of mine... one of the "good" teachers... lol, we talked about all the stuff our class did in school...

RE: have you ever got the hell out of school? by Tochjo on 04-23-2004 at 05:29 PM

I'll be 17 when I'm in my final year...
I'll turn 18 in the holidays between high school and university...

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised

* Tochjo sees Tochjo going to the uni in the futur and doing well...

Wait, that /me screwed up :P
RE: have you ever got the hell out of school? by Huuf on 04-23-2004 at 05:33 PM

Final year, exam thing

We went early to the school, brought allot off chains, abus locks, locked every entrance to the school, and went away, when we went to the school later on, they broke a window and where removing the chains, and they coudn't find the persons who did it :p

the students before our year took
- Mayo
- Cury
- eggs
- a car from 1 teacher

and tadaa a result ¬_¬

But our history teacher was ok, when he didn't want to give class we would just go to the park and went doing nothing.

Good old times :drool: :chrongue:

RE: have you ever got the hell out of school? by MattyMooMoo on 04-23-2004 at 06:35 PM

LOL our school got an old stripped out mini cooper and a pond liner filled it with water and goldfish! :P

the year before but a goat in the headmasters office :D good stuff!

RE: have you ever got the hell out of school? by user27089 on 04-23-2004 at 06:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MattyMooMoo
LOL our school got an old stripped out mini cooper and a pond liner filled it with water and goldfish! :P

the year before but a goat in the headmasters office :D good stuff!
at my old school i stuck pornography on all of the windows, which was quite eventful, i spat on a teachers head and was a rebellious lil prick :s

but then i moved to jwb's school and i got good :)
and jwb (so blame it on him) introduced me to the world of html and msgplus!
RE: have you ever got the hell out of school? by Johnny_Mac on 04-23-2004 at 06:52 PM

What a lovely thread..

..all good things come to an end sadly. :(

:P