Shoutbox

Unable to start conversations - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Unable to start conversations (/showthread.php?tid=24010)

Unable to start conversations by sneksoog on 04-21-2004 at 07:12 PM

After altering some settings of plus I suddenly cannot talk to my contacts anymore. It returns "It's not possible to start a conversation with <NICKNAME> try again" (Het is niet mogelijk om een gesprek te starten met <NICKNAME>.  Probeer het opnieuw).

I tried to restore all original settings by pressing the "restore to defaults" button. That doesn't work either. The only thing is to remove msg plus from my computer.

But if I reinstall plus (I selected "remove all setings from the computer" unistalling MSG PLUS) I still can't start a conversation with my buddies.

HELP!!  I love plus  and don;t wanna be forced to remove it from my computer 4ever ! :)

BTW I'm using windows XP, MSN 6.1.0211 and PLUS 2.54.0074

RE: Unable to start conversations by Lt.Col.DraGon on 04-21-2004 at 07:25 PM

Hey man u need to delete ur folders of msn messenger and messenger plus located in C:/program files and reinstall msn messenger and messenger plus then it works again. That happened to my friend also

RE: Unable to start conversations by sneksoog on 04-21-2004 at 07:30 PM

OKAY THANX for the very fast reply and it worked allright :) ....

How come the uninstall program doesn't do this by default after selecting "remove all setting from the computer" ? 

RE: Unable to start conversations by matty on 04-21-2004 at 09:56 PM

Its caused by the Handwritting plugin for Messenger Plus!

Please use the Search feature, its really handy :)

RE: Unable to start conversations by Lt.Col.DraGon on 04-22-2004 at 06:32 AM

Yeah handwriting has bug.... U must download 1.1 handwriting at  http://www.mess.be

RE: Unable to start conversations by sneksoog on 04-22-2004 at 06:50 AM

Hey Matty

:o I did use the Search feature ... I searched on conversation, gesprek, "try again" and "probeer het opnieuw" I couldn't think of other keywords for my problem :p.
Thanx anyway ;):P

RE: Unable to start conversations by partin on 04-22-2004 at 09:35 AM

Uninstall Msgplus! and afterwords uninstall MSN Messenger, then delete you need to delete yor folders of msn messenger and messenger plus located in C:/program files and reinstall MSNMessengerand Msgplus then it works again.

reg; partin

RE: Unable to start conversations by CookieRevised on 04-22-2004 at 10:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Lt.Col.DraGon
Yeah handwriting has bug.... U must download 1.1 handwriting at  http://www.mess.be
It isn't a bug in Handwriting!...
It is because the person who gets this error didn't read the install instructions and didn't install the handwriting-plugin properly!

The creator of the handwriting plugin made version 1.1 because of this. Version 1.1 will check if you installed the plugin correctly, if you didn't, then you can't use the plugin, but you wont have the error also...

quote:
Originally posted by partin
Uninstall Msgplus! and afterwords uninstall MSN Messenger, then delete you need to delete yor folders of msn messenger and messenger plus located in C:/program files and reinstall MSNMessengerand Msgplus then it works again.
Overkill... You don't need to uninstall Plus!... and you certainly don't have to uninstall MSN Messenger...

You only had to delete the file handwriting.dll in c:\program files\messenger plus! 2\plugins... And the reason why msn messenger works again after that, is because handwriting wasn't installed properly...

major hint: read the instructions before you install something ;)

anyways: read the link Matty has given to (un)install the handwriting plugin in the proper way...

RE: Unable to start conversations by sneksoog on 04-22-2004 at 12:30 PM

:$ hihi the problem was that i copied the old plus directory to my new computer and had forgotten that I ever installed a plugin :)  But I'm glad everything works agian thanx you guyz

<Sneksoog feels pretty silly:o>