Shoutbox

The specified file hasn't been encrypted with Messenger Plus! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: The specified file hasn't been encrypted with Messenger Plus! (/showthread.php?tid=24019)

The specified file hasn't been encrypted with Messenger Plus! by xplatinum on 04-21-2004 at 11:40 PM

For some reason I can't open my encrypted log file anymore. When I enter the wrong password it says "the password you entered is invalid" and when I enter the right password it says "The specified file hasn't been encrypted by Messenger Plus!"

what the hell :|

I know its been encrypted with plus! and its only when its the right password that it says that...

quote:
Originally posted by Version
Windows Version: Windows XP, 5.01.2600
Messenger Client Version: 6.1.0211
Messenger Plus! Version: 2.54.0074

RE: The specified file hasn't been encrypted with Messenger Plus! by lylesback2 on 04-22-2004 at 01:31 AM

thats odd... is it from another month or something?

RE: The specified file hasn't been encrypted with Messenger Plus! by Patchou on 04-22-2004 at 04:17 AM

Could you try to open your file on another computer? Maybe the encryption engine in your Windows got corrupted. The other possibility would be that your log files are corrupted.

RE: The specified file hasn't been encrypted with Messenger Plus! by xplatinum on 04-22-2004 at 05:32 PM

I will try opening it on another PC. But how do I reinstall the encryption engine ? Could reinstalling MSNPLUS! fix the problem too ?

// edit : I just tried it on another PC and it doesn't work either. Same error message. Also tried reinstalling MsnPlus! and it still doesn't work. Is there a way to 'fix' a corrupted log file ?

RE: The specified file hasn't been encrypted with Messenger Plus! by matty_c608 on 05-01-2004 at 11:07 AM

Maybe you could look at the unencrypted MSN 6 logs. You might have disabled it though. I don't think the logs are that important but if there's something in there you want/need then check out MSN 6's ones.

RE: The specified file hasn't been encrypted with Messenger Plus! by kyuubi on 05-07-2004 at 08:52 PM

I have some sort of the same problem only that i trusted msn plus encryted logs as it can be easily copied and pasted... Another funny encounter. Only my march, april and may's logs remain encrypted. Other than that, the rest are decrypted.

Windows2k
Msn6.2
Plus2.54.75

RE: The specified file hasn't been encrypted with Messenger Plus! by lylesback2 on 05-07-2004 at 09:38 PM

this is why i dont encrypt files... curruption.. months of chat logs down the drain

RE: The specified file hasn't been encrypted with Messenger Plus! by Patchou on 05-08-2004 at 06:03 PM

it could help me a lot if you sent me one of your logs, along with your password (don't worry, I have better things to do than redistributing your password anywhere, and I have a very bad memory for this kind of thing anyway). There may be a bug awaiting to be fixed in this part of the code.

Thanks,
Patchou (mplus@patchou.com)

RE: The specified file hasn't been encrypted with Messenger Plus! by MC Inferno on 05-08-2004 at 06:33 PM

Not that I dont trust patchou in any way what so ever, but you could change your password before you send them

RE: The specified file hasn't been encrypted with Messenger Plus! by MC Inferno on 05-08-2004 at 06:34 PM

(Sorry, for the double posyting, but im swept off my feet)

Edit: Just thought, he cant change the password can he? :P

RE: The specified file hasn't been encrypted with Messenger Plus! by Tochjo on 05-08-2004 at 06:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MC Inferno
Not that I dont trust patchou in any way what so ever, but you could change your password before you send them
No; wouldn't the correct password help Patchou? He even requested for it; what good would changing it be then?

And no, he can't :-/
RE: The specified file hasn't been encrypted with Messenger Plus! by Patchou on 05-08-2004 at 08:55 PM

Well, if he could change the password used in his files, that would mean he can open them (Plus! needs to decrypt first, then reencrypt) :).

HELLLLLLP by raaabo on 05-18-2004 at 11:05 AM

ok my problem is also with encryption...

Patchou i'll gladly give you my password and the files and be grateful if u can salvage them...

Here's what happened

am at work, the UPS failed, Comps went off... everything got screwed, had to use a recovery tool to recover files... my chat logs were part of that... repaired WinBLOWS XP, and messenger + couldnt decrypt them, claims they weren't encrypted with Mess+.

So i backed up the files, formatted, reloaded WinBLOWS and MSN 6.2 (same one i had before) and Mess+ (same version i had before) and tried to open the files... says the files weren't encrypted by M+. So i copied those files into the same folder as the new logs, made M+ encrypt all files with the same password as before, and then tried.... no luck

THen i decrypted all files, and it said it's decrypted all files, but still wont open...

I have only 2 logs i want decrypted and will send u the password and want a txt file back... i have stopped encrypting and keeping logs since.... do it the hard way now --- save as RTF in a hidden folder after a convo....

RE: The specified file hasn't been encrypted with Messenger Plus! by Patchou on 05-18-2004 at 05:14 PM

You can send me your logs and your password at mplus@patchou.com .. I'll take a look asap.