Shoutbox

Opinion of MSN Messenger 6.2 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Opinion of MSN Messenger 6.2 (/showthread.php?tid=24322)

Opinion of MSN Messenger 6.2 by Kafman on 04-26-2004 at 10:20 PM

Well, ppl we have coming until here since the version 1 of messenger but we have to accept that this version (6.2) SUCKS
The only that we can save for this "new version" is that when the skiners works to upgrade their skins the messenger would look nice:P well thatīs my opinion, post your opinions her:P

RE: Opinion of MSN Messenger 6.2 by aNILEator on 04-26-2004 at 10:44 PM

you have to remember that this is a 'within version' update. Many programs upgrade within their own version with very little new features or visible changes.
6.2 has changed 'Launch Site' to 'Fun and Games' a much more appropriate name don't you think? you've got to remember that not many people have the knowledge or care for these minor updates and yes this is a minor update.

I think msn messenger 7 will have the long awaited animated display pictures aswell as some more pointless emoticons and maybe a new feature here or there.

NO DOUBT it will also bring patchou a tough time trying to get plus to work again :D

RE: Opinion of MSN Messenger 6.2 by Guido on 04-26-2004 at 11:03 PM

If MS had named this 6.12, no one would be saying "this version suxorssssssssssss!!!!".

Just numbers.

Get over it. :P

quote:
I think msn messenger 7 will have the long awaited animated display pictures aswell as some more pointless emoticons and maybe a new feature here or there.
Let's don't speculate... many people start hating MS every day for this kind of rumors:

"I think that Windows Xp will be followed by Windows Xp Reloaded, Windows Xp the Two Towers, Windows Xp The Return of the King and Windows Xp Kill Bill (Gates)... those damn MSians want to charge us for an OS every 3 movies months!"

:P
RE: Opinion of MSN Messenger 6.2 by weirdal27 on 04-26-2004 at 11:14 PM

I hate to get mad at people but I'm really getting sick of people complaining about 6.2 :@
Tell me one thing wrong with it?
to the normal user with no addons or anything, the emoticon "auto-complete" is a very nice feature, And i like it too
just because there was no "real updates" and because all those RUMOURS were not true, everyone thinks it sucks

by the way, how could you be comming here since version 1 of msn?
i didn't think there was a version of messenger plus for that version :|

RE: Opinion of MSN Messenger 6.2 by dotNorma on 04-27-2004 at 12:12 AM

Whats wrong with 6.2 , its just the same as 6.1 :tongue:

Anyway 6.2 is fine I dont think anything of it. But I don't really like the auto-complete emoticons very much.

RE: Opinion of MSN Messenger 6.2 by Vantage on 04-28-2004 at 03:40 AM

Well the things i hate bout it:
1. server slow, laggy in convo with many
2. if u have a custom emo like ":s-a-d:" you would see:":S -a-d:"

other than i guess im alright, does anyone know where i can find the API's for, :( cant find its!!

RE: Opinion of MSN Messenger 6.2 by Wabz on 04-28-2004 at 09:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Vantage
. if u have a custom emo like "-a-d:" you would see:" -a-d:"

Lmao the board does it as well :P

I know what you mean and I hate it they should have designed it to change when you press spacebar :P  .  And I detest those mobile contacts :p
RE: Opinion of MSN Messenger 6.2 by BooGhost on 04-30-2004 at 01:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by bach_m
to the normal user with no addons or anything, the emoticon "auto-complete" is a very nice feature, And i like it too
YEAH I HATE THAT :@
it takes me hours to do the : drool: emoticon (yeah i'm stupid :P)

i hope they fix that :@
RE: Opinion of MSN Messenger 6.2 by Pr0xY on 04-30-2004 at 01:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by BooGhost
it takes me hours to do the : drool: emoticon
lollollol ... I also have problems with that... I do wish they would fix it...

...wait... I solved that problem... I just put  6.1 back on.
RE: Opinion of MSN Messenger 6.2 by Xplus on 05-01-2004 at 12:28 AM

MSN messenger 6.2 is a piece of SHIT, why would microsoft release it, all thats different that ive noticed, is the "activites" is renamed and re-logoed to "fun & games" (oooh the joy --_--)
and the emotions come up in ur text box as u type, which is annoying cos it fucks up some custom emotions :@ so all in all 6.2 = shite

RE: RE: Opinion of MSN Messenger 6.2 by Kafman on 05-01-2004 at 12:43 AM

This is for the guy who f**k the Msn Messnger:
Well, it sucks but you dont have to use excessively swearing:P,
nvm

quote:
Originally posted by weirdal27
by the way, how could you be comming here since version 1 of msn?
i didn't think there was a version of messenger plus for that version :|

I was talking about the Msn Messenger not about "since I come here and use MP!...:dodgy:"

RE: Opinion of MSN Messenger 6.2 by brianjdupuis on 05-01-2004 at 01:40 AM

Over all Microsoft will realize they are loosing clients, especially now that ICQ has released a new version out. Microsoft needs to provide better services, but in the end I guess to we shouldn't be compaining about it too much either because what do we pay them? hmmm....... lets all thing ^o) ohhhh wait NOTHING!! So lets just all smile and nodd and thank God Patchou has created such a great Addition with Plus.

Thank u

RE: Opinion of MSN Messenger 6.2 by ind3nt on 05-01-2004 at 08:17 AM

i really dont understand the update it wasnt big they just wanted to make it harder for patchou to make plus! amazing but patchou will prevail :refuck: mwahahahaha and i hate the auto-emo-shower-upper cuz it screws the big emoticon plug-in :@ !

RE: Opinion of MSN Messenger 6.2 by brianjdupuis on 05-01-2004 at 03:54 PM

Microsoft just didn't do an update, just to make life harder with Patchou LOL, they probably dont even give two shits about Patchou and his software....... no offence to Patchou or anything! The main reason they did it was for some security updates, and to change small little things! This update wasn't supppose to be something HUGE just people made it seem like that way.

RE: Opinion of MSN Messenger 6.2 by ind3nt on 05-01-2004 at 09:20 PM

well when they went from 6.0 to 6.1 they made it alot nicer right ? with the coloured boxes and the framless conv windows. so people would expect when they do another jump from 6.1 rto 6.2 there would be sum hype on what would be added hence the animated dp rumor... right ?

RE: Opinion of MSN Messenger 6.2 by Jeronimo on 05-01-2004 at 09:31 PM

Messenger 6.2 works very well for me. I wasn't expecting anything amazingly new about this version, and certainly didn't think we would see animated display pictures. As Cookie pointed out several times, only rumours about these were circulated, to the point where people started to take them as gospel.

The auto replace icon thing annoyed me at first, but now I have come to find it rather useful. I haven't mistyped an icon at all while I have ben using it. (y)

I don't think that 6.2 removed anything that made 6.1 good, so all these people saying that 6.2 is crap and they have gone back to 6.1, ask yourselves, does not having an animated DP really mean that much to you?? 8-)