Shoutbox

Messenger Plus! 2 in Longhorn - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus! 2 in Longhorn (/showthread.php?tid=24327)

Messenger Plus! 2 in Longhorn by bnevets27 on 04-26-2004 at 11:25 PM

Has anyone got Messenger Plus! 2 to work in longhorn?  I tryed runin it in XP compatiblity mode and it didn't help. Just curious.

RE: Messenger Plus! 2 in Longhorn by musicalmidget on 04-26-2004 at 11:31 PM

I haven't heard of anyone running it in Longhorn, but I don't suppose it's not possible when you bare in mind that it has only been created for Windows versions upto XP. ;)

RE: Messenger Plus! 2 in Longhorn by Guido on 04-27-2004 at 12:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by musicalmidget
I haven't heard of anyone running it in Longhorn, but I don't suppose it's not possible when you bare in mind that it has only been created for Windows versions upto XP. ;)
up to Windows 2003.

And yes, it does work (at least an older version) in Longhorn:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=233457]
RE: Messenger Plus! 2 in Longhorn by bnevets27 on 04-27-2004 at 12:20 AM

yup i got it to work too, just had to use compatibity mode
msg plus! in longhorn, nice  :banana:
now any idea how to make screen shot sender to work *-)

and an off topic question, ur version of longhorn has that nice light blue look to it, i just have the black slate, is that how the older versions looked? i just got LH version 4053.

just thought i would throw in a screen shot

RE: Messenger Plus! 2 in Longhorn by Dane on 04-27-2004 at 12:43 AM

Longhorn is Alpha Software from Microsoft.  It has not been supplied to the official testers of Messenger Plus! 3, nor was it supplied to the testers of Messenger Plus! 2, therefore it may not work as it should.

I personally would be interested to perform some diags on it in longhorn.

RE: Messenger Plus! 2 in Longhorn by bnevets27 on 04-27-2004 at 01:20 AM

well if u want to get a hold of a copy i can let u know as i went threw it all 2 get it and set it up, its stable 2 me i have np's with it and i'm ruin it on its minium specs, 700mhz, 256mb ram, it uses alot of ram and if u have a decent to good comp i'm sure u would enjoy it, dunno about as a primary OS, just b/c not all programs have been tested with it

RE: Messenger Plus! 2 in Longhorn by Dane on 04-27-2004 at 01:35 AM

LOL, im on 56k for one.  And for two, Im not sure Patchou wants testing on it, however if Patchou did I would use it.  I have a pretty good system.

RE: Messenger Plus! 2 in Longhorn by weirdal27 on 04-27-2004 at 01:37 AM

pretty offtopic here, but how is longhorn running for you guys?
I might be getting a new computer and i'm thinking about running longhorn on it :)

RE: Messenger Plus! 2 in Longhorn by Dane on 04-27-2004 at 01:42 AM

i dont have it, it isnt a public release.

RE: Messenger Plus! 2 in Longhorn by bnevets27 on 04-27-2004 at 02:54 AM

LH is running well for me, my comp is kinda slow so ofcourse it runs abit slow but if u have a good comp i'm sure it wold b a blast, it has alot of nice graphical stuff, dunno how 2 explain it but yeah its nicely layed out
i sujest if ur gettin a new comp and want 2 try it out, dual boot whit w/e u have now, lets assume xp and LH. it all depends on what ur usin ur comp for to, if ur just surfin the web abd stuff and don't have much valuable data the go ahead. safest bet tho just had another OS adn u'll b fine.

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 2 in Longhorn by Guido on 04-27-2004 at 03:04 AM

The screenshot I posted is not mine, I think it was posted here or in IRC some months ago. It's an older version of Longhorn with an older skin.

quote:
Originally posted by eXoenDo
Longhorn is Alpha Software from Microsoft.  It has not been supplied to the official testers of Messenger Plus! 3, nor was it supplied to the testers of Messenger Plus! 2, therefore it may not work as it should.
Err.. what does that have to do with anything :P

Plus won't work with LH just because Microsoft supplies the pre-alphas to the testers.+
RE: Messenger Plus! 2 in Longhorn by Concord Dawn on 04-27-2004 at 03:07 AM

Does anyone know the e-mail to become a Microsoft tester?

RE: Messenger Plus! 2 in Longhorn by bnevets27 on 04-27-2004 at 03:39 AM

well plus works fine for me, i just haven't got a plugin 2 work yet.

what do u need an email for?

RE: Messenger Plus! 2 in Longhorn by reisyboy on 04-27-2004 at 12:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by chaos_grenade
Work for them lol :) or be a MSDN Subcriber :) or Be part of a buissness that wopuld be related to MS and get invitied to the PDC Conferences and then get you Longhorn packs hehehe :)
RE: Messenger Plus! 2 in Longhorn by Pr0xY on 04-27-2004 at 01:40 PM

quote:
I don't think they have an email for that sort of thing.  You have to work there or something of that sort (like Reisyboy said).  If they just had some email address you sent in to get it, there would alot more beta leaks right now.  Plus I would have longhorn right now too if thats what they did. 
RE: Messenger Plus! 2 in Longhorn by Guido on 04-27-2004 at 04:26 PM

quote:
https://beta.microsoft.com/
RE: Messenger Plus! 2 in Longhorn by bnevets27 on 04-27-2004 at 09:23 PM

pr0xy_nuk3r, y don't u get it, its not hard to get.