Shoutbox

problem with msg+ and msn service - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: problem with msg+ and msn service (/showthread.php?tid=24437)

problem with msg+ and msn service by fukmi on 04-28-2004 at 07:19 PM

i dont know where to start, but ive posted this before somewhere on this help forum. i had a problem with my msg+. it worked, but its functions didnt work. now before you ask me what versions i am using - i have experienced this problem in mostly ALL latest versions. AND ive noticed it what triggers that problem. Once in a while the msn messanger service id down for nrepairs or sumthingrather, and at that time when i try to sign in - it shows its signing in, but doesnt ectually sign it. and the next time i sicessefully sign in - msg+ doesnt function properly. it removes the banner and does stuff for like a default user, but not for a specific user - like saving cusom names or backgrounds.
So im pretty sure someone had this problem before, and i want to know how to fix it. maybe get patchou on this too.
:D

RE: problem with msg+ and msn service by Anubis on 04-28-2004 at 07:23 PM

OK...I know it's a long shot but because this has been happening in the past and there's been no luck can you give us a list of plug-ins for Messenger Plus! you have installed...I'm on a hunch

RE: problem with msg+ and msn service by fukmi on 05-01-2004 at 07:40 AM

i dont install any plugins, nothing i install exept from MSN and msg+. ive never used the plugins.

RE: problem with msg+ and msn service by TheFrank on 05-08-2004 at 05:14 AM

ok, first of all, dont double post, and second for that problem, try un-installing msg+, and reboot, and re-install.. and reboot.. exit ur msn completly, and re-open msn, and it should work, and if it dont... then im not sure what would do the trick.. but it might take a while to sign-in at first

RE: problem with msg+ and msn service by Patchou on 05-08-2004 at 05:16 AM

I'd like to fix this problem but I have to wait until the next Messenger network problem occurs. Don't worry, I'll remember about this problem :)

RE: problem with msg+ and msn service by TheFrank on 05-08-2004 at 05:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
I'd like to fix this problem but I have to wait until the next Messenger network problem occurs. Don't worry, I'll remember about this problem :)
why would you have to wait patchou.... i dont think you have to wait... cuz ur the creator, so why dont you do it right now... dont have to wait for another msn network problem
RE: problem with msg+ and msn service by Johnny_Mac on 05-08-2004 at 03:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TheFrank
why would you have to wait patchou.... i dont think you have to wait... cuz ur the creator, so why dont you do it right now... dont have to wait for another msn network problem
How the hell are you suppose to test your fixes unless you have the problem? :rolleyes:
RE: problem with msg+ and msn service by TheFrank on 05-08-2004 at 03:22 PM

but, is patchou going to download the problem:lol:       how do you think he is going to get the problem?*-)

RE: problem with msg+ and msn service by Johnny_Mac on 05-08-2004 at 03:23 PM

blah.. read the thread.

He'll have to wait until he experiences the network troubles to re-create the 'problems' to then fix them. :undecided:

RE: problem with msg+ and msn service by Tochjo on 05-08-2004 at 03:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TheFrank
how do you think he is going to get the problem?
quote:
Originally posted by fukmi
Once in a while the msn messanger service id down for nrepairs or sumthingrather, and at that time when i try to sign in - it shows its signing in, but doesnt ectually sign it. and the next time i sicessefully sign in - msg+ doesnt function properly.
As the problem only occurs after server downtime, he has to look at it then, otherwise, there's no problem and he'll have no idea where to look.
RE: problem with msg+ and msn service by TheFrank on 05-08-2004 at 03:24 PM

oh, i see now.... maybe you could of specified a bit more..:P

RE: RE: problem with msg+ and msn service by fukmi on 05-10-2004 at 06:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou

thanks patchou! (Y) maybe you could try typing in the wrong password, or maybe firewalling messenger to "emulate" the problem. (by the way uninstalling and reintalling doesnt help, BUT! installing a new version of msg+ does work, but its not often the updates come out. and TheFrank, dont be so rude, im not stupid. so what if i double posted - r u gonna sue me? ive used msg+ since it started, and ive studied this problem for a while now. by the way - would it have something to do with starting msg+ manually? because thats how ive always used it, and by the way, how can i make a suggestion for msg+ design, because i gt a good one:D)

RE: problem with msg+ and msn service by Wabz on 05-10-2004 at 11:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by fukmi
maybe firewalling messenger to "emulate" the problem

That should create a similar situation but it doesnt match the exact criteria of the problem.  It needs to replicated exactly to ensure it's fixed properly

RE: problem with msg+ and msn service by fukmi on 05-11-2004 at 12:09 AM

eah i gess. ive just uninstalled messenger 6.1 and msg+, and installed 6.2 and msg+. So far its working, but i will post as soon as a problem occurs. Even works properly with manual msg+ startup (if that matters).
(Y)

RE: problem with msg+ and msn service by West on 05-11-2009 at 02:14 PM

Hi, I've downloaded the new msn & it was ok, but I Installed Plus & now it signs me in, then goes blank & Disconnects me, I've tried restarting my laptop, I've tried Uninstalling them both & installing them again but it still happens, Anyone know whats wrong & how to fix it?