Shoutbox

Great feature, if it would work :/ - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Great feature, if it would work :/ (/showthread.php?tid=24496)

Great feature, if it would work :/ by DeltaBlast on 04-29-2004 at 10:29 PM

It doesn't work with /me either. :(

RE: Great feature, if it would work :/ by DeltaBlast on 04-29-2004 at 10:32 PM

Oh wait, I get what it does now... it's in the name thing on your contact list. That's pretty lame.

But if it were to work like I originally thought it would work (truncate your own name for use with away msg or /me msg), that would be great ^_^ (hint hint)

RE: Great feature, if it would work :/ by Patchou on 04-29-2004 at 11:05 PM

The problem is that it's done only locally, so your contact would still see your whole name. Still, the truncate function should work in /me and automessages. Did you close and reopen your chat window after you changed this option?

RE: Great feature, if it would work :/ by DeltaBlast on 04-30-2004 at 10:21 AM

even rebooted msn for it (so.. yes :P)

It works when I truncate all names (truncate long contact names by default), but I'd rather see an option that it truncates the name in /me and away messages but leaves my normal (and all other) screen names alone if you catch my drift ^_^

RE: Great feature, if it would work :/ by CookieRevised on 04-30-2004 at 03:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DeltaBlast
but I'd rather see an option that it truncates the name in /me and away messages but leaves my normal (and all other) screen names alone if you catch my drift ^_^
You mean something like what was suggested by BooGhost here: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=23...d=226900#pid226900 (an option to choose your own name used in /me etc...)? (y)
RE: Great feature, if it would work :/ by DeltaBlast on 04-30-2004 at 11:08 PM

Yeah, something like that :)

And then also for away and busy messages ^_^