Shoutbox

Reputation - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: Reputation (/showthread.php?tid=24655)

Reputation by GiantSpider on 05-02-2004 at 12:07 PM

Is there a way to find out who gave you +1/-1 on ur rep. If not  i think there should be as Someone has given me a bad rep and I think the person should have the right to plead their case.

RE: Reputation by Kryptonate on 05-02-2004 at 12:10 PM

I don't think you can see it (except if the elite/mod/admin add's his/her name to the comment).
If you mean that the one who gave you your bad rep.point has the right to plead his/her case then they can give the reason in the "Comment" box :).

RE: Reputation by Tochjo on 05-02-2004 at 12:13 PM

You cannot see who gave you a reputation point. You can only see the post they gave you a reputation for, when it was given and an optional comment.

RE: Reputation by GiantSpider on 05-02-2004 at 12:14 PM

Yeah i no but im not talking about them. I'm talking about being able to challenge their decision. Hoe u gonna do that if u dnt no who disagree's?

RE: Reputation by surfichris on 05-02-2004 at 12:15 PM

The system was not designed to show who gave who a reputation, and not designed to be able to challenge someone's decision. Reputations are meant to be based off the users own opinion of the post.

RE: Reputation by GiantSpider on 05-02-2004 at 12:21 PM

Yeah but wasn't the system ment for every1 to vote. Since it's only the ppl that matter can vote you should be able to explain yourself.

RE: Reputation by surfichris on 05-02-2004 at 12:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by GiantSpider
Yeah but wasn't the system ment for every1 to vote. Since it's only the ppl that matter can vote you should be able to explain yourself.
Is that an excuse? :-o :-p

The system has been made so only forum staff and elites can vote because it would be abused by alot of the normal users here.

Like i said before though, its the users opinion of the post, if it was worthwhile or if it was useless and didn't help very much.

What post are we talking about anyway?
RE: Reputation by Varish on 05-02-2004 at 12:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by GiantSpider

I dont want to see that, im sure then this system will be abused.
RE: Reputation by Johnny_Mac on 05-02-2004 at 12:37 PM

If every user here who got voted a bad reputation posted a thread asking for who/what/why this whole thing is a waste of time... I really think it needs some improvments.

RE: Reputation by CookieRevised on 05-02-2004 at 01:02 PM

or made public (like suggested in that other thread about the system) :p

RE: Reputation by GiantSpider on 05-02-2004 at 01:03 PM

Thats why if you knew who it was you wouldn't have 2. The Thread was i said they should re-install Plus! l8r on i gave the links and they said it had nothing to do with it.