Shoutbox

can i hack into encrypted files?? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: can i hack into encrypted files?? (/showthread.php?tid=24667)

can i hack into encrypted files?? by wun_chink_baybe on 05-02-2004 at 07:23 PM

could somebody please help me? i saved some encrypted files a long time ago and now i can't open them because i totally forgot the password i used to encrypt them. is there a way of getting into them? i tried going into preferences and uncheck the Encrypted Instand Message Logs but it won't work cause it's not even checked... im wondering if i could like hack into them... except for the fact that i have no clue how to do that... someone please help!! those files are very important to me...

RE: can i hack into encrypted files?? by Anubis on 05-02-2004 at 07:26 PM

Sorry but it's tough luck...Patchou's encryption is extremely good. No one can hack it...although you're more than welcome to try if you can figure out a way.

RE: can i hack into encrypted files?? by GiantSpider on 05-02-2004 at 07:33 PM

I think when Plus! 3 comes out you will be able to re-set the password. I think.

RE: can i hack into encrypted files?? by Anubis on 05-02-2004 at 07:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by GiantSpider
I think when Plus! 3 comes out you will be able to re-set the password. I think.
No you won't, it wouldn't be very encrypted if you could change it when you wanted...
RE: can i hack into encrypted files?? by wun_chink_baybe on 05-03-2004 at 01:22 AM

o....well, thanks for the reply =)

RE: can i hack into encrypted files?? by Vantage on 05-03-2004 at 01:39 AM

It has been ceritfied by Patchou that there is noway to Hack into those

RE: can i hack into encrypted files?? by wun_chink_baybe on 05-03-2004 at 01:43 AM

ok then...i guess my files are all doomed...

RE: can i hack into encrypted files?? by wun_chink_baybe on 05-03-2004 at 01:50 AM

well, now i know what you guys are talking about. my friend tried hacking it but it wont work. it's more like hopeless

RE: can i hack into encrypted files?? by lizard.boy on 05-03-2004 at 01:52 AM

i think you have to encrypt all of tehm then unicript

RE: can i hack into encrypted files?? by wun_chink_baybe on 05-03-2004 at 01:53 AM

hm...i never thought of that...thx! =)

RE: can i hack into encrypted files?? by kao on 05-03-2004 at 02:55 AM

you need to use the same password though, and does that even work? :undecided:

RE: can i hack into encrypted files?? by wun_chink_baybe on 05-03-2004 at 03:00 AM

we need to use the same password??? then i guess it's no hope..

RE: can i hack into encrypted files?? by matty on 05-03-2004 at 03:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by wun_chink_baybe
we need to use the same password??? then i guess it's no hope..

can you upload one of the chat logs for me (not one you want but just another) i would like to see if what i am thinking would work, i mean its a shot right?
RE: can i hack into encrypted files?? by wun_chink_baybe on 05-03-2004 at 03:11 AM

o really? well, i have like 12 of them that i need to open so i can upload anyone of them for you. and thx! =) just how do you upload....=P

RE: can i hack into encrypted files?? by matty on 05-03-2004 at 03:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by wun_chink_baybe
o really? well, i have like 12 of them that i need to open so i can upload anyone of them for you. and thx! =) just how do you upload....=P

at the bottom when you click post reply it will say attachment hit browse and find one of the chat files and click open then type a message and hit post reply
RE: can i hack into encrypted files?? by wun_chink_baybe on 05-03-2004 at 03:17 AM

ooo, ok, well, my file is from a long time ago so even i have on idea what's in it... that's why i can't unencrypted it.
wait..it says encrypted files are not allowed...

RE: can i hack into encrypted files?? by matty on 05-03-2004 at 03:22 AM

Check your PM (top right hand corner says private messages click that)

Resolved
She remembered her password for it.

[11:42 PM] Patch: nope, it's just using an a 128bits encryption key that cannot be found except if you have hundreds of P4 trying every possible combinations for twenty years  :P

[11:50 PM] Patch: well, when I said hundreds of P4 for years, it was true... that'S why this kind of encryption system if effective... computers do not have the capacity to compute the solution... it would take one single computer more than a century (litterally)

Needless to say, hacking chat logs is "un-possible" (Quote by Ralph Wiggum The Simpons)

RE: RE: can i hack into encrypted files?? by GiantSpider on 05-03-2004 at 08:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
quote:
Originally posted by GiantSpider
No you won't, it wouldn't be very encrypted if you could change it when you wanted...

What I ment was I though you would have to re-set the password for encripting new files.