Shoutbox

If any of you have wondered... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: If any of you have wondered... (/showthread.php?tid=24752)

If any of you have wondered... by Mnjul on 05-04-2004 at 10:19 AM

With MSN Messenger 6.2's "new" feature, you can see the emoticons in real time when you type their codes. But hey, have you ever wonder how to see :o) in real time then? Obviously typing <:o) sequentially doesn't work, because Messenger replaces :o with :o immediately when you type them and so it looks like <[Image: msn_surprised.gif]) . If you really want to know a workaround, here it is...

1. Type <o) first
2. Between the < and o, insert a : . Bingo!

RE: If any of you have wondered... by CookieRevised on 05-04-2004 at 10:27 AM

You should file this to the Microsoft team also, so they can A) fix it and B) make an off-switch for this *beeping* "feature"... ;)

RE: If any of you have wondered... by kao on 05-04-2004 at 10:58 AM

yeah im hoping for an on/off option for this, its annoying as hell and i hate it :undecided:

RE: If any of you have wondered... by Mnjul on 05-04-2004 at 11:16 AM

Same here :dodgy: it's not a very user-friendly feature anyway ;S

RE: If any of you have wondered... by Choli on 05-04-2004 at 11:19 AM

I noticed that after reading a post saying something about :o) and then I did some tests.

quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
Well, anyway please remember that, <[Image: msn_surprised.gif]) still shows correctly as :o) when you send it!:P
sure? I remember that didn't happen to me yesterday... I typed <:o) and while typing it was replaced by <:o) . When I send it, it still was <:o:-/

definitely i need to do more tests...
RE: If any of you have wondered... by Mnjul on 05-04-2004 at 11:48 AM

Oh...:$...Choli is right, sorry for that...I need to edit my previous post. If so, this post may be a little bit useful...I want to move this thread to M/W Messenger, would you agree with me? :)

The reason why it doesn't work is, when Messenger "interpretes" :o into :o, it internally makes it :-O. Of course, <:-O) wouldn't result in :o).

RE: If any of you have wondered... by Choli on 05-04-2004 at 11:54 AM

quote:
Blah blah blah...Choli is right..
hehe :banana:
quote:
I want to move this thread to M/W Messenger, would you agree with me?
yep... i don't think this thread belongs to T&T... and you can also close it, unless we want to talk about this:
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
make an off-switch for this *beeping* "feature"...
I agree on M$ making an option to disable that, but imo i don't think it's a *beeping* feature.  In some way, i'm happy with it and like it.

edit:

quote:
The reason why it doesn't work is, when Messenger "interpretes" :o into :o, it internally makes it :-O. Of course, <:-O) wouldn't result in :o).
:o good point! ;)