Shoutbox

Plug-In forum mess. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: Plug-In forum mess. (/showthread.php?tid=24769)

Plug-In forum mess. by Hah on 05-04-2004 at 07:25 PM

Hey,

Just to be picky, i noticed that the plug-in forum is getting to be a bit of a mess, old unwanted threads are been re-brought to the top by new users on the forum making it hard to look through and reply to the new unanswered posts (i know i could sort and search but thats no fun :p)

Anyway to the point, could an admin just have a look and prune some old posts and delete the ones which appear answered and non valueale to anyone else to prevent them been brought back into circulation for no reason?

If you dont wanna, dont worry, il live with it :)

Tah

RE: Plug-In forum mess. by Johnny_Mac on 05-04-2004 at 08:07 PM

Well regular pruning occcurs in most forums as far as i'm aware. The only real soultion is to start locking old topics. But that was suggested before and disapproved because people would create new ones with old questions. :undecided:

RE: Plug-In forum mess. by WDZ on 05-05-2004 at 04:00 AM

The Plug-Ins forum has been pruned a few times, and I'll prune it again within the next month.

I usually leave threads alone if they've been active in the last 6 months or so. Also, I don't delete them if they seem to be important. Like a thread about the release of a plug-in, or a thread posted for reference purposes (giving useful information/news). The threads that get deleted are mostly the ones where people are requesting/suggesting a plug-in or asking for help with making a plug-in.