Shoutbox

For gamers only - E3 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: For gamers only - E3 (/showthread.php?tid=24883)

For gamers only - E3 by Patchou on 05-07-2004 at 12:52 AM

Hello everyone,

I just got myself a ticket to go at the E3 next week (as I was in LA for the Final Fantasy concert, I thought, why not? :p). I'll go there as a "professional developer".... lol, yeah right.

If one of you wants me to get some info back from there, I'll be happy to try. I don't have any particular objective, I've just always dream to go there someday. I can get some photo of some stands and post them back on the forum if you want, I don't know... feel free to give me some ideas :)

Patchou

RE: For gamers only - E3 by Patchou on 05-07-2004 at 12:55 AM

The Expedia part is already done.. they were actually very nice and were happy to try to change my reservation for me :)

RE: For gamers only - E3 by Joe on 05-07-2004 at 01:26 AM

that's cool... any guests going with you?

RE: For gamers only - E3 by lizard.boy on 05-07-2004 at 01:27 AM

must be nice to be a cool geek with time and money :P

RE: For gamers only - E3 by Pr0xY on 05-07-2004 at 02:55 AM

Patchou, I hope you know of the Halo internet show called REd vs Blue.  They are usually there at E3.  If so, check them out, their show rocks. 

RE: For gamers only - E3 by Concord Dawn on 05-07-2004 at 02:57 AM

Get some specs on the PSP (Sony handheld) if you can please.

RE: For gamers only - E3 by .blade// on 05-07-2004 at 03:06 AM

Patchou, if u have a video camera, be sure to bring it. I know A LOT of Halo fans that would be VERY appreciative of the E3 Halo 2 footage...and several sites....

PLZ PLZ PLZ!!! lol
If u don't have a cam., at least tell us what u think of the lates build of Halo 2 @ the Bungie booth ;)

And proxy, RvB won't have a booth this year they said.

Oh, and patchou, don't orget the PS3, PSP, and XBOX 2 spec.s ;)

* .blade// feels like a begger :P

RE: For gamers only - E3 by BooGhost on 05-07-2004 at 03:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
I just got myself a ticket to go at the E3 next week
O M G !!!

i envy you :@

don't you have to work or do something official with videogames to get a ticket? :S

Note: Plus! is not a game :P

btw..... tape anything that has to do with Nintendo and Zelda specially.... then upload it :D
RE: RE: For gamers only - E3 by .blade// on 05-07-2004 at 03:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by BooGhost
btw..... tape anything that has to do with Nintendo and Zelda specially.... then upload it :D

Nintendo? :notfunny: Nintendo screwed themselves over when they released teh Gamecube :P Blah! Just focus on Halo 2, patchou, and everyone will be happy :refuck: ;)
RE: For gamers only - E3 by Unknown... on 05-07-2004 at 03:19 AM

Hehehehe - where to start?!

Man, I'd LOOOOOOOoooooooove to get to E3 some day... someday...

There's so much to look at - highlights for me would be:

* PSP (PlayStation Portable) vs. GameboyDS (Duel Screen).  What r Nintendo thinking?... sounds like a dumb idea, but with Nintendo anything could happen.

* WoW (World of Warcraft, a MMORPG - Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game)
Looks VERY impressive in Beta.

* Check out the Apple area and maybe get a sneak of 'Tiger', the next upgrade to OSX.

* HL2, Halo2 (although I still can't see why 1 was so good) ... and the SEGA stand!! I'm a Sonic nut!... Metal Gear Solid 3... where to end?!

Ok... I’d better stop before I begin to drool... :)

Have fun Patchou!

RE: For gamers only - E3 by .blade// on 05-07-2004 at 03:29 AM

Oh ya, I forgot about the DS....it seems like it's gonna be useless and just suck the life right out of that battery in half the time as the GBA SP :P

WoW is prety cool (my friend has the beta) but it's very buggy still...he falls throught he floor alot :P

But why would Apple be @ E3 witha n OS update? E3 is a gaming convention o.O

RE: For gamers only - E3 by Unknown... on 05-07-2004 at 03:44 AM

You'd be surprised where you hear industry related news!

Besides, E3 is as much as a gaming convention as a digital lifestle exibit (Electronics and Entertainment Expo). Markets are converging (Mobile phones with games, ipod and psp) - i doubt that Apple will let this oppunity pass without a plug for it, especially so close to release.

Apple arn't big in the game scene, but they're there at E3.  I'd definately check them out - wouldn't you?

RE: For gamers only - E3 by Patchou on 05-07-2004 at 03:49 AM

quote:
Note: Plus! is not a game
* Patchou acts like if didn't saw this quote...

As long as peopel from the E3 don't visit this forum, I'm on my way to the expo hehe ;). I'll bring my camera so you can be sure I'll post a lot of photos (I'll also bring a print of this thread to remember your requests).

And about Nintendo: in my opinion, they are still the best on the market. They are different and refreshing in many ways. My sole goal in life is not to kill zombies of always higher resolution :p.
RE: For gamers only - E3 by Unknown... on 05-07-2004 at 04:32 AM

Nicely put Patchou.

Innovations and games like Pikmin make Nintendo stand out, then again, their apprehension to playing online also make them stand out - for all the wrong reasons.

RE: For gamers only - E3 by .blade// on 05-07-2004 at 04:33 AM

Well they try to stay away from the online market bcz their games are targeted @ the younger part of the market, which online play could put in danger (bcz of the pedafiles and perv.s out there :S)

RE: For gamers only - E3 by Mike on 05-07-2004 at 04:34 AM

Wish i could go at E3 ...
Bah I leave at greece...And actually im only 11:P

RE: For gamers only - E3 by ryan92 on 05-07-2004 at 04:49 AM

Also wish I could go to....Don't forget to get info on Metroid Prime 2 and Nintendo-Up Coming Next Gen-System:D

RE: For gamers only - E3 by Unknown... on 05-07-2004 at 04:56 AM

Yeah gigablade77, we know there's bad stuff out there (let's not forget the whole micro$oft chat forums chain of events).

But the reality is this: People don't want to be limited to playing against the computer.

I've got younger bro's who play on bnet, and I'm sure they're not alone!! Besides, it's not only restricted to games - EVERYTHING on the net can be a potential unsafe environment.

Just look at Mike2, he's 11 and browsing on these forums.

I love Nintendo's games, but refuse to buy a GC - I feel as though the platform is built to satisfy unmovable parental-control limitations, of which online gaming is falling victim.

Anyway, moving onto a lighter topic, your friend is SOOOooooo lucky to be playing in WoW Beta!  As for me I'm in Australia... we always get access to things last, and get left out of all the testing/beta phases... :(  ~sob~  Why Blizzard... why...?

RE: For gamers only - E3 by Joe on 05-07-2004 at 05:03 AM

there is actually a broadband thing you can purchase to allow playing "Online" but i haven't seen it in any local stores....
[Image: jbroadband2.jpg]
it connects into one of the many ports on the bottom
[Image: mailbag20010803-gcmodem.gif]

RE: For gamers only - E3 by Unknown... on 05-07-2004 at 05:19 AM

Yeah, i've seen that on a website that did a review of console networkability - can't remember where.  Maybe this year's E3 will reveal a new side to Nintendo (i hope so).

I do remember that compared to other consoles on the market atm, Nintendo's network shift/focus was poor (unless you're content with connecting up peripherals like GB's).

Xbox is the clear winner, but the price is right on the Playstation! :grin:

ok... this thread is going off track! back to E3 people!!

RE: For gamers only - E3 by Pipish on 05-07-2004 at 07:59 AM

hmm i am not sure wat e3 is but it has stuf to do with halo and xbox i realy waana know about xbox2 if that is possible:D

RE: RE: For gamers only - E3 by user2319 on 05-07-2004 at 10:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by gigablade77
Oh ya, I forgot about the DS....it seems like it's gonna be useless and just suck the life right out of that battery in half the time as the GBA SP :P

uhhh.. so the PSP will last long with it's batteries? I mean, watching movies, playing games, play music, and other useless shit will make the batteries go empty *very* fast!

Yeah, Patchou, get some info about the DS/Nitro! :D
Mario 128?
Boktai: The sun is in your hand (GBA)?
Mario Golf: (Toadstool tour?)?
Maybe there's a new Metroid Prime?
Pikmin?
I don't know.. I always forget previews when I read them, until they're (almost) released :(
RE: For gamers only - E3 by Menthix on 05-07-2004 at 12:16 PM

Photo's., photo's,photo's..... LOTS of photo's :)

Especially whatever Sony will be showing from their playstation (possible playstation 3 details?)

RE: For gamers only - E3 by Pr0xY on 05-07-2004 at 01:39 PM

I wish I could go to that.  PSP, PS3, X-Box 2, Halo 2, god that would all be so kool.  Just go and take atleast 16 roles of film with you.  WE expect atleast  300 detailed pictures and  a good 2 hours of video footage. 

One more thing....

Have so much fun, you deserve this for all your work. 

RE: For gamers only - E3 by Menthix on 05-07-2004 at 02:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by pr0xy_nuk3r
atleast  300 detailed pictures and  a good 2 hours of video footage.
It’s probally not hard to find wireless access points there, mount a webcam on your head, attach it to a laptop you carry with you and stream it to us :D.
RE: For gamers only - E3 by .blade// on 05-07-2004 at 02:30 PM

But in regards to the comments about GC's online play: I know there is a broadband adapter for it, but I dare you to name 10 games with GOOD online capabilities :P I'm saying they're staying away from it bcz of parents worries about the net.

In regards to the battery life of the PSP and GBA DS - I am saying the DS will have a short battry life because it has 2 screens....screens are always what drains the battery |-) lol

Also, the names of the Next gen. consoles are going to be:
Nintendo N5 (don't ask me what it stands for...)
Sony PS3 (wow....original |-))
Microsoft XBOX Next or Xenon (most likely, but not official yet)

The concept consoles HAVE been built for the PS3 and N5, but they are very hush hush...(If u REALLY wanted, I could get N5 details bcz my friend's dad works for Nintendo ;))
The Next XBOX will have an ATI Radion video card, a processor similar to the G5, something similar to TeVo, and a shitload of ram. How much is this one gonna way? :S lol

quote:
Originally posted by PlusFan
Mario Golf: (Toadstool tour?)?
Toadstool tour came out last fall ^o)

And btw, Pikmin 2 really won't look much different, so I don't see what good pictures will do :P

Note to Patchou:

If anyone asks, you make an RPG bcz that's what a lot of ppl use the / me for ;) :lol:
RE: RE: For gamers only - E3 by user2319 on 05-07-2004 at 02:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
quote:
Originally posted by pr0xy_nuk3r
atleast  300 detailed pictures and  a good 2 hours of video footage.
It’s probally not hard to find wireless access points there, mount a webcam on your head, attach it to a laptop you carry with you and stream it to us :D.

:lol:

About the battery life: maybe it has 2 screens which don't need much power. Or they have a better battery as the GBA. And you're forgetting that the 2nd screen doesn't have to be very big, and with much detail. It's for quickly looking at stats and things like that..

N5 stands for Nintendo 5 I think.

1: Famicom/NES
2: Super Famicom/SNES
3: Nintendo 64
4: Gamecube
5: N5

Patchou, get a *lot* of goodies and give them away @ www.msgplus.net if you can get friends to use :plus2: kinda like with the NGC's you gave away. I'm sure there's a lot of ppl wanting things like that :P
RE: For gamers only - E3 by Patchou on 05-07-2004 at 05:02 PM

quote:
It’s probally not hard to find wireless access points there, mount a webcam on your head, attach it to a laptop you carry with you and stream it to us
hum.... don't tempt me :p

quote:
I dare you to name 10 games with GOOD online capabilities
I dare you to do the same for the PS2 or the Xbox my friend (in another thread please).

quote:
Patchou, get a *lot* of goodies and give them away @ www.msgplus.net
Actually, that's a great idea, I'll try to find something interesting :)
RE: For gamers only - E3 by Chrono on 05-07-2004 at 05:06 PM

quote:
Actually, that's a great idea, I'll try to find something interesting 
wooohoooo
bring something for ur beloved moderators :banana: :lol: :P
RE: For gamers only - E3 by .blade// on 05-07-2004 at 05:09 PM

Try and gnab a beta model of the PS3 or XBOX 2 (6) :lol: ;)

Oh, and btw, there are actually a lot of good online games for XBOX...I don't know about PS2 though :P

RE: For gamers only - E3 by Concord Dawn on 05-07-2004 at 05:25 PM

quote:
Try and gnab a beta model of the PS3 or XBOX 2 (6) :lol: ;)

Oh, and btw, there are actually a lot of good online games for XBOX...I don't know about PS2 though :P

I can name one. Final Fantasy Eleven. :hail:
RE: For gamers only - E3 by :No-Frost: on 05-07-2004 at 05:29 PM

Patchou I heard that theres gonna be a demostration of Half Life 2... mmm Is there a way you can get a copy??? (6) :D :D :D

RE: For gamers only - E3 by kao on 05-07-2004 at 06:11 PM

you lucky son of a ***** :'(

:drool: Find out about Half Life 2 please :P anything to do with it :D

RE: For gamers only - E3 by Patchou on 05-07-2004 at 06:18 PM

So basically, all you guys want is pictures of games that have not evolved since the time Doom 2 was released? It's sad, really :refuck:. Despite this fact, I promise I will bring you lots of photos of any stand where I hear "aaarrrrg, I'm dead, take this!" :gfdrin:

RE: For gamers only - E3 by .blade// on 05-07-2004 at 06:23 PM

quote:
So basically, all you guys want is pictures of games that have not evolved since the time Doom 2 was released? It's sad, really :refuck:. Despite this fact, I promise I will bring you lots of photos of any stand where I hear "aaarrrrg, I'm dead, take this!" :gfdrin:

Ya, that's about it :refuck: ;) lol
And don't forget to take pictures of the booths where ppl are yelling "YOU SON OF A *****, YOU KILLED ME! YOU TEAM KILLING SMACKTARD! I'M GONNA KILL YOU!!!!" ;)

Oh! I don't forget games that involve oversized, overkill weapons and awesome cars :drool:....wait...That's Halo 2! :refuck: ;)
RE: For gamers only - E3 by Kryptonate on 05-07-2004 at 06:32 PM

E3 . . . sweet :drool: I'd love to go there :) maybe someday . . .

RE: For gamers only - E3 by user2319 on 05-07-2004 at 06:34 PM

I know something: compare the NIntendo stand, Sony stand, SEGA stand, and so on with each other.. which one is boring, which one is exciting, most new games, etc :)

RE: For gamers only - E3 by .blade// on 05-07-2004 at 07:06 PM

Um, PlusFan, you do know that Nintendo owns Sega now, right?

RE: For gamers only - E3 by :No-Frost: on 05-07-2004 at 07:07 PM

mmm well I would like more than pictures of HL2 (6) ... BUt already know that this is not possible :'( Damn I want HL2

RE: For gamers only - E3 by .blade// on 05-07-2004 at 07:16 PM

I wonder if there's gonna be a Counter-Strike 2 based on HL@? :lol:

RE: For gamers only - E3 by user27089 on 05-07-2004 at 07:36 PM

quote:

I just got myself a ticket to go at the E3 next week

bastard!!!!

umm can you get some stats on the xbox 2, cause they're showing it off there, and if i didn't live in England i come to quebec and steal the ticket off you!!!!!!

umm have fun, please post the pictures!!!!

RE: For gamers only - E3 by .blade// on 05-07-2004 at 07:44 PM

Um...Traxor...

quote:
The Next XBOX will have an ATI Radion video card, a processor similar to the G5, something similar to TeVo, and a shitload of ram. How much is this one gonna way? :S lol

RE: For gamers only - E3 by user27089 on 05-07-2004 at 07:49 PM

quote:
Um...Traxor...
quote:

:dodgy:
:p, i know, i'm just being awkard,  i want pictures :p
RE: RE: For gamers only - E3 by .blade// on 05-07-2004 at 08:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
:dodgy:
:p, i know, i'm just being awkard,  i want pictures :p

And you think that every single XBOX fan site in the world won't have one posted by the second day of E3? :P
RE: For gamers only - E3 by kao on 05-07-2004 at 08:33 PM

Half Life 2 has evolved quite a lot actually :P

RE: RE: For gamers only - E3 by user2319 on 05-08-2004 at 10:20 AM

quote:

I didn't now! :S

I do know that Mario and Sonic became friends, though :)
RE: RE: RE: For gamers only - E3 by .blade// on 05-08-2004 at 05:32 PM

quote:
quote:

Ya....it happened when the Dreamcast was out...that's why the Dreamcast just died for no real reason.
Sega now makes games for Nintendo, and a FEW for other consoles. Haven't you wondered why there was no next gen console by sega? o.O
RE: For gamers only - E3 by MC Inferno on 05-08-2004 at 06:14 PM

I thought sega made consoles and decided to sack it an concentrate on games as a third party now. I didnt know they were own by nintendo now :S

RE: For gamers only - E3 by lylesback2 on 05-08-2004 at 06:59 PM

Patchou :spam: lol

i wana go to E3 one time, see what its like

RE: For gamers only - E3 by user27089 on 05-08-2004 at 08:53 PM

well i don't really go on xbox sites 2 be fair

RE: For gamers only - E3 by BooGhost on 05-08-2004 at 11:46 PM

quote:
well i don't really go on xbox sites 2 be fair
:-/

me wants pics of zelda stuff

and of model too...... :drool:
RE: For gamers only - E3 by zappy004 on 05-09-2004 at 12:44 AM

On my side i just want to see pic from New Gc game
like:
-WWE Day of Reckoning
-Metroid prime 2
-Paper Mario 2
-Pikim2
-Viewtiful Joe 2
-Fire Emblem
-Zelda wind waker 2
-Mario Tennis
-StarFox 2
-Mario 128 (but i think will only be at spaceworld)
-the Ds ; what would it look like

And of course we all know Nintendo they are always comming with surprise and i know you like Nintendo Patchou so of course you'll get good stuff from there

Btw té crissment luckeux mon vera !!

RE: For gamers only - E3 by MC Inferno on 05-09-2004 at 01:29 AM

Do you think if patchou used the "I'm the creator of msg. plus!" card, he'd get in? :P

RE: For gamers only - E3 by Patchou on 05-09-2004 at 04:26 AM

Na... I used the "I'm a developer in Quebec... video games? yeah yeah... I know about that a lot" card ;).

RE: RE: For gamers only - E3 by user2319 on 05-09-2004 at 09:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by zappy004
On my side i just want to see pic from New Gc game
like:
-WWE Day of Reckoning
-Metroid prime 2
-Paper Mario 2
-Pikim2
-Viewtiful Joe 2
-Fire Emblem
-Zelda wind waker 2
-Mario Tennis
-StarFox 2
-Mario 128 (but i think will only be at spaceworld)
-the Ds ; what would it look like

And of course we all know Nintendo they are always comming with surprise and i know you like Nintendo Patchou so of course you'll get good stuff from there

Btw té crissment luckeux mon vera !!

Paper Mario 2? Do you have any release dates? I enjoyed Paper Mario 1 sooooooooooo much :D :D :D
RE: RE: RE: For gamers only - E3 by zappy004 on 05-09-2004 at 08:16 PM

quote:
Paper Mario 2? Do you have any release dates? I enjoyed Paper Mario 1 sooooooooooo much :D :D :D

Hum i don't remember but you know it's sure they gonna release this just before Christmas
a bit like Mario Kart Double Dash !! mid november some like that anyways i gonna be a great game
there some new feature and more use of the fack that Mario is in paper like passing in tiny place
RE: For gamers only - E3 by .blade// on 05-09-2004 at 08:18 PM

* .blade// what an accelerated 3D graphics card is going to do for a game based on flat images :P

Ya, paper mario was prety good, but Halo 2 is most definatly going to be the best game this year. Well Halo 2 and Half Life 2

RE: For gamers only - E3 by shadezz on 05-10-2004 at 09:02 AM

Naah I wanna know the release date of Fable 

patchou could you get some photo's if you see that their =D

RE: RE: RE: RE: For gamers only - E3 by user2319 on 05-10-2004 at 01:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by zappy004
quote:

Hum i don't remember but you know it's sure they gonna release this just before Christmas
a bit like Mario Kart Double Dash !! mid november some like that anyways i gonna be a great game
there some new feature and more use of the fack that Mario is in paper like passing in tiny place

Like MK: DD! ? You mean the release date? Anyways, the fact that Mario is paper is so coool :D Do you remember in 1 when the yellow koopa bros sets a trap and you hit the switch and then fall down to the bob-ombs who are locked? And the Koopa Bros.'s music is just great :D (and their Bowser-disguise is cool too :P )

I love Paper Mario :D
RE: For gamers only - E3 by Maniac on 05-10-2004 at 02:16 PM

Hehe, funny how everyone is asking you to bring info, but guys one guy can't get you all of that, just let Patchou enjoy his trip and check some video game site for news, info, and blablablabla :D (hint: vgpro.com)

RE: For gamers only - E3 by Smethead on 05-12-2004 at 12:20 PM

Uhh, Patchou,
Could you please take some screenshots or whatever from the new legend of zelda game for gamecube. I saw a trailer and it looks fine. Could you do that for me?

RE: RE: RE: RE: For gamers only - E3 by Unknown... on 05-13-2004 at 11:57 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

Ya....it happened when the Dreamcast was out...that's why the Dreamcast just died for no real reason.
Sega now makes games for Nintendo, and a FEW for other consoles. Haven't you wondered why there was no next gen console by sega? o.O

Sega ARE NOT owned by Nintendo.  The pulled out of the console game as they were constantly in debt from the venture.  Unable to finance consoles and games from a new wave of enemies (not only Nintendo, but Sony and Microsoft) they now join the rest of the world as an independent software company, making games FOR their enemies!! :P  This happened in 2001.  You have to remember that Sega have always made money from their games, and many still regarded them as a dominant force in gaming innovation/concept (perhaps that's why Nintendo can relate - they are of the same breed/era!).  Sega games can be found on Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, PC, Mobile Phone and arcade platforms.  Sega aren’t a small company either - they have many teams ranging from game distribution to game development, in which 'Sonic Team' (responsible for the Sonic games among other things) is one of the most recognised teams' in the world.  Through the Sonic character Sega have also built presence worldwide - something few companies can credit to their name.

To this day, I still regard 'Sonic 3 and Knuckles' the best side-scroller I have ever played.

RE: For gamers only - E3 by Maniac on 05-14-2004 at 10:52 PM

For this year's E3: Nintendo OWNED everyone else.... simple

DS+Zelda, then all the other games.... microsoft had a couple interesting things, Sony was very dissapointing. Kudos to Ninty!

RE: For gamers only - E3 by .blade// on 05-14-2004 at 10:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by VGProManiac
For this year's E3: Nintendo OWNED everyone else.... simple

DS+Zelda, then all the other games.... microsoft had a couple interesting things, Sony was very dissapointing. Kudos to Ninty!

:notfunny:
PSP, GTA: SA = Sony's good stuff
Halo 2 = M$'s good stuff
Half-life 2/Counter-Strike 2 = obvious good stuff
RE: For gamers only - E3 by aNILEator on 05-14-2004 at 11:23 PM

hey patchou made a game. /insult never forget insult there see patchou can't lose he has made a game.

yeah. :D go patchou get half life 2 stuff but if steam is there kick them they are arseholes :dodgy:

RE: For gamers only - E3 by sparkymcg on 05-16-2004 at 12:27 AM

did u take any pictures

RE: For gamers only - E3 by Patchou on 05-16-2004 at 12:46 AM

I took a lot of pictures/video, I'll try to post all that this weekend :)

RE: For gamers only - E3 by sparkymcg on 05-16-2004 at 12:47 AM

k thanks
what was the best thing there and what looked cool

RE: RE: For gamers only - E3 by Guido on 05-16-2004 at 01:03 AM

quote:

Didn't know either (and don't believe it, by the way).
RE: For gamers only - E3 by Maniac on 05-16-2004 at 01:22 AM

Hahahahaha, nintendo owns sega? LOL! Thats why sonic heroes and Sega sports are multiplatform right? LOL!!! :D

http://www.planetnintendo.com/zelda/games_mainser...0/artwork/link.jpg

^^^ Kick ass artwork of the realistic link :p

RE: For gamers only - E3 by jeanhub on 05-16-2004 at 02:15 PM

I hope the Playstation 3 will be in store soon 8-)

RE: For gamers only - E3 by Fraisie on 05-16-2004 at 03:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jeanhub

No.. it will be presented at next year's E3, so not before late 2005 I suppose :)
RE: For gamers only - E3 by .blade// on 05-16-2004 at 04:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fraisie
quote:
Originally posted by jeanhub

No.. it will be presented at next year's E3, so not before late 2005 I suppose :)

Yes, they have suggested that it should be out Fall 2005 or Early 2006. They REALLY want it in stores around Christmas though :P
RE: For gamers only - E3 by Patchou on 05-17-2004 at 09:10 PM

Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo confirmed that they woulkd present their next-gen console at the E3 2005 :)

RE: For gamers only - E3 by Pr0xY on 05-18-2004 at 12:11 AM

quote:
Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo confirmed that they woulkd present their next-gen console at the E3 2005 :)
:banana: yippy..... I cant wait.
RE: For gamers only - E3 by dotNorma on 05-18-2004 at 12:28 AM

quote:
Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo confirmed that they would present their next-gen console at the E3 2005

Interesting ,  I only go by Nintendo systems but I will be interested in seeing how many more useless features Sony and Microsoft will shove into their systems.

I guess we won't be seeing a new system until 2006 , Ehh? O well , I will still be playing my Gamecube.
RE: For gamers only - E3 by .blade// on 05-18-2004 at 12:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NoName
quote:
Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo confirmed that they would present their next-gen console at the E3 2005

Interesting ,  I only go by Nintendo systems but I will be interested in seeing how many more useless features Sony and Microsoft will shove into their systems.

I guess we won't be seeing a new system until 2006 , Ehh? O well , I will still be playing my Gamecube.

:lol: GameCube :lol:
RE: For gamers only - E3 by Maniac on 05-18-2004 at 12:55 AM

^ I guess someone here thinks Gamecube is for little kiddies, sorry but i laugh at you.... :D (damn i dunno the shortcut for that funny laughing smilie .... oh well)

RE: For gamers only - E3 by .blade// on 05-18-2004 at 12:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by VGProManiac
^ I guess someone here thinks Gamecube is for little kiddies, sorry but i laugh at you.... :D (damn i dunno the shortcut for that funny laughing smilie .... oh well)

but it is for little kids :lol: Everyone else who plays video games and has a current gen. console has a PS2 or XBOX....:lol: Gamecube.....:lol:! They have no CPU power and their graphics card sucks, good games are few and far between, and the controller SUCKS! Not to mention it has "awesome" online capibilities and all the extra features...or the fact that it has none! :lol:
RE: For gamers only - E3 by Patchou on 05-18-2004 at 01:09 AM

Well, in my point of view, the GameCube is the only original video game system out there. Its graphics can be way better than the PS2 (may I remind you that the PS2 doesnt have antialiasing and that its completely ugly?). Anyway, I'm tired, I dont want to start a polemic :p

RE: For gamers only - E3 by dotNorma on 05-18-2004 at 01:11 AM

Blade obviously doesn't know real gaming. Gaming isn't about having the best Graphics or the best CPU Card. The Mario games had 24 bit graphics and you tell me that wasn't one of the best damn games of all time.

If you want to play multiplayer you don't need "online capabilities" either ,  go find some freinds then they can hook up a controller. Nintendo still knows how to make a lean game like Zelda and until I see your Playstation 2 make a game that great then I am sticking with Nintendo. Zelda took thinking , and lots of logic. If you made one mistake it took a whole lot to un-do it. Its not just some game where you shoot peoples heads off.

quote:
Well, in my point of view, the GameCube is the only original video game system out there.

Thank you! Nintendo is the only company who kept their consoles too actuall gaming and not playing DVDs and browsing the web and linux and all that garbage.
RE: For gamers only - E3 by .blade// on 05-18-2004 at 01:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NoName
Blade obviously doesn't know real gaming. Gaming isn't about having the best Graphics or the best CPU Card. The Mario games had 24 bit graphics and you tell me that wasn't one of the best damn games of all time.

If you want to play multiplayer you don't need "online capabilities" either ,  go find some freinds then they can hook up a controller. Nintendo still knows how to make a lean game like Zelda and until I see your Playstation 2 make a game that great then I am sticking with Nintendo. Zelda took thinking , and lots of logic. If you made one mistake it took a whole lot to un-do it. Its not just some game where you shoot peoples heads off.

quote:
Well, in my point of view, the GameCube is the only original video game system out there.

Thank you! Nintendo is the only company who kept their consoles too actuall gaming and not playing DVDs and browsing the web and linux and all that garbage.

Well then the Gamecube is comming out with "Gamecube Live", Halo 2 and Half-Life 2....oh wait...it isn't! :lol:

XBOX forever!

I agree that sSOME games don't need good graphics, like Tribes 1 - which I still play, but it's a MMOG. I'm in games for Multiplayer capability, goood controllers, decent graphics, and a good storyline. None of GC's new games have good storylines, GC has a bad controller, and there are few good games for 1 player, let alone multiplayer.

I'm not going to fight for the PS2, bcz frankly I don't like it too much, but it's better than the Crapcube
RE: For gamers only - E3 by Weyzza on 05-18-2004 at 01:18 AM

:O
I don't know GameCube is beeter than PS2 is.

[offtopic]
But I still have a darn old Nintendo that I bought in 1991. And it still works perfectly :p.
[/ooftopic]

RE: For gamers only - E3 by Patchou on 05-18-2004 at 02:13 AM

quote:
Well then the Gamecube is comming out with "Gamecube Live", Halo 2 and Half-Life 2....oh wait...it isn't!
Yeah, thanks god it isn't.... those games have not changed since Doom 2, they are boring as hell and server no purpose. You wanted my opinion, you have it :refuck: :gfdrin:
RE: For gamers only - E3 by .blade// on 05-18-2004 at 02:19 AM

quote:
Yeah, thanks god it isn't.... those games have not changed since Doom 2, they are boring as hell and server no purpose. You wanted my opinion, you have it :refuck: :gfdrin:

Have you ever played missions in Halo? :S
RE: For gamers only - E3 by Patchou on 05-18-2004 at 07:28 AM

I have to admit that I didn't :). My point was: there's something else in video games than killing people.

RE: For gamers only - E3 by Wabz on 05-18-2004 at 12:11 PM

quote:
My point was: there's something else in video games than killing people.

Racing Cars round tracks?

Games are games theres onlysomany real format.  Most are so similar anyways

RE: For gamers only - E3 by sparkymcg on 05-18-2004 at 12:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Wabz
Racing Cars round tracks?
I hate they games there so boring
i think one of the best games ever  is vice city for ps2 and metal gear solid i had for the original playstation
RE: RE: For gamers only - E3 by user2319 on 05-20-2004 at 08:16 AM

quote:
but it is for little kids :lol: Everyone else who plays video games and has a current gen. console has a PS2 or XBOX....:lol: Gamecube.....:lol:! They have no CPU power and their graphics card sucks, good games are few and far between, and the controller SUCKS! Not to mention it has "awesome" online capibilities and all the extra features...or the fact that it has none! :lol:

The GC produces better gfx than the PS2, you know... It depends on what you call "good games", I think the NGC has good games, and the X-box has few and really hypes them. The controller is the BEST! I know someone who has an x-box and I was at his place for a few days, and we have played a lot of Halo. After, we played at my house, with the gamecube, and we really enjoyed the NGC controller more, we just had some problems, because we were now used to the big x-box controller. We both agreed that the X-box controller was too heavy, and the NGC's one was better. It's online capabilities suck, yes (not capibilities btw), but I enjoy offline playing very much. What extra features does the  X-box have? The NGC has the connectivity with the GBA. It's a very nice feature, you know :)

quote:
None of GC's new games have good storylines
You have no idea, do you? X-box's games don't have storylines. It's "win the boring race and score kudos" or "Kill that motherf###. Takes this! Aargghhh... [respawning] takakakakakakakaa waaaaahh... Bwaammmm......". I really enjoyed the Super Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime and The Legend of Zelda: The wind Waker storylines. A lot of unexpected surprises, and some fun here and there.

I think shooters and racing games (the realistic ones) are boring. And these are the only games for X-box that are "good". I don't really hate shooters, they can be fun, but are boring after a while, because of lack of storyline and have no variety (don't know if that's correct said; used a wordbook). It's just shooting, shooting, shooting. If you want real good gfx, buy yourself the newest PC. The x-box is like and older PC. Most shooters are for PC.
RE: For gamers only - E3 by user27089 on 05-20-2004 at 08:29 AM

quote:
I have to admit that I didn't :). My point was: there's something else in video games than killing people.
yes there are, but u have to admit, killing ppl is quite amusing to do.

I like all type of games, but reacing around a track bores me sometimes, i like games like need for speed where you can react a bit more with the environment!!! Its gr8 2 play.
RE: For gamers only - E3 by saralk on 05-20-2004 at 08:32 PM

the way i see it is that games are an escape from reality. I play games to have a bit of fun, not to get absorbed into some storyline that is full of twists and stuff, tbh, i just ignore the story line, unless im playing a game seriously.

Cos lets face it, when are we ever gona get the chance to drive an enzo farriri around the streets of edinborough at full speed, or actually get hold of a sniper rifle that we can use?

thats y i like the xbox, call me a mindless fool or any other insult, but like they say, different strokes for different folks.

RE: RE: For gamers only - E3 by user2319 on 05-21-2004 at 04:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
the way i see it is that games are an escape from reality. I play games to have a bit of fun, not to get absorbed into some storyline that is full of twists and stuff, tbh, i just ignore the story line, unless im playing a game seriously.

I don't mean that is has to be like "so he actually blaaat.. so that means.." where you have to think a lot, but I mean just that you are surprised because the way something happens. I hate it when there's too much text, but when there's no story/text, that is.. well, I just don't like that.

I also play games to have fun. I really enjoy playing the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, and the Wind Waker. And they do have a nice story, with princess Zelda, and Gannon(dorf).

[quote
Cos lets face it, when are we ever gona get the chance to drive an enzo farriri around the streets of edinborough at full speed, or actually get hold of a sniper rifle that we can use?

Most people will not get that chance, well, they will get it, but won't take it (you can steal a car and I suppose there are ways to get a sniper rifle). Games are here to escape reality. That's true. Completely agreed.

quote:
thats y i like the xbox, call me a mindless fool or any other insult, but like they say, different strokes for different folks.

You mindless fool!
RE: For gamers only - E3 by BooGhost on 05-24-2004 at 01:25 AM

quote:
I play games to have a bit of fun, not to get absorbed into some storyline that is full of twists and stuff, tbh, i just ignore the story line, unless im playing a game seriously.
i think the best part of playing is the " get absorbed into some storyline "

what the point if you don't :-/
RE: For gamers only - E3 by .blade// on 05-24-2004 at 02:02 AM

quote:
quote:
I play games to have a bit of fun, not to get absorbed into some storyline that is full of twists and stuff, tbh, i just ignore the story line, unless im playing a game seriously.

I like getting absorbed in a game's storlyline as long as it isn't stupid and you don't get too obsessed with it...like some ppl....:P
RE: For gamers only - E3 by dotNorma on 05-24-2004 at 02:13 AM

quote:

what the point if you don't

Indeed , The best part of a game is the storyline.  The storyline is what gets you involved with the game (y)
RE: For gamers only - E3 by sparkymcg on 05-24-2004 at 08:59 AM

I once got addicted to a game called MOH it wasnt the single player that i was addicted to it was the multiplayer.  the single player is easy and it took me like 2 days to complete but the multiplayer never gets boring and this is one game i advise people to get.  ive stopped playing it now for sum reason but this is a very adictive game

RE: For gamers only - E3 by qwerty102 on 06-02-2004 at 06:54 PM

8-bit NES RULEZ!

RE: For gamers only - E3 by Joe on 06-02-2004 at 07:05 PM

qwerty102... i just wanted to say!!!! WELCOME TO THE 21st CENTURY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RE: RE: For gamers only - E3 by Maniac on 06-02-2004 at 08:04 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

I like getting absorbed in a game's storlyline as long as it isn't stupid and you don't get too obsessed with it...like some ppl....:P

Yeah like me. I dont play games "just for the fun of it". Im pretty hardcore with games, went insane for a while after playing Eternal Darkness for example ;)
RE: For gamers only - E3 by Pr0xY on 06-02-2004 at 08:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by atownjoe2004
qwerty102... i just wanted to say!!!! WELCOME TO THE 21st CENTURY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*pr0xy_nuk3r slaps atownjoe2004 with a large trout
Never underestimate a 8-bit NES.  That thing keeps me out of trouble when i have nothing better to do. 
RE: For gamers only - E3 by user27089 on 06-02-2004 at 08:36 PM

i just wanna see a shell for xb2

RE: For gamers only - E3 by .blade// on 06-02-2004 at 08:57 PM

quote:

The entire XBOX 2 beta version, along with the N5 and PS3 will be displayed at E3 2005 according to press releases.
RE: For gamers only - E3 by user27089 on 06-02-2004 at 08:59 PM

quote:
quote:

The entire XBOX 2 beta version, along with the N5 and PS3 will be displayed at E3 2005 according to press releases.
yes. wicked, is e3 always held in la????? cause if so, blade, you up for a giant raid between the two of us and a german kid,
RE: For gamers only - E3 by MC Inferno on 06-03-2004 at 10:59 PM

http://www.1up.com/slideshow2/0,2096,pg=1&a=126810,00.asp

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

RE: For gamers only - E3 by Maniac on 06-03-2004 at 11:43 PM

*cough* *cough* Yeah.... gaming.... uhum, im looking at game screenshots.... :pound:

RE: For gamers only - E3 by MC Inferno on 06-03-2004 at 11:45 PM

lol ;) me too