Shoutbox

couple problems with the polish msn + msn plus - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: couple problems with the polish msn + msn plus (/showthread.php?tid=24891)

couple problems with the polish msn + msn plus by Nexohrion on 05-07-2004 at 07:03 AM

code:
MSN Messenger Version: 6.2.0133
MSN Plus version: 2.54.75
MSN Messenger language: Polish
MSN Plus language: English
Windows Version: Windows XP professional 5.1 (Service Pack 1)

there are some bugs with the polish msn, msn plus wont log right, won't say the automessage when you set your status away, it does not show when you do /action (it will show as default text) and if someone comes online and you set a automsg to him, it will work but it shows as default text. and not as "automessage"
quote:
Some logs:
[08:15:58] Uzytkownik [SZK]Nexohrion Luvs Mandy 4 ever - To jest
           twardy udawac sie dalej w tym zyciu.. JA jestem niezdolne
           miec to pod kontrola mówi:
[08:16:01] Uzytkownik [SZK]Nexohrion Luvs Mandy 4 ever - To jest
[08:16:04] Uzytkownik [SZK]Nexohrion Luvs Mandy 4 ever - To jest

thats what it says in any logs, the whole nickname but not the text that should be logged

I know what the problem causes, and if I translate it my msn, i think it wont fix it.

the problem is caused by: Użytkownik [SZK]Nexohrion Luvs Mandy 4 ever - To jest twardy udawać się dalej w tym życiu.. JA jestem niezdolne mieć to pod kontrola mówi:

it's not really clear...
Użytkownik ... mówi:

makes it clear.. because it has Użytkownik at the beginning of a nickname, it wont do anything good, the logging will fail and as i see with the forum, it could be it wont understand the char's but in the log it will appear but without text, the automessage and the action does not know the prefix: "Użytkownik"

For those who doesnot understand it:

Użytkownik  means User
mówi means it says
(and Użytkownik ... mówi means user ... has said: if i dont make a mistake)

EDIT:
ow god, another problem even the forum got the bug :P

It wont understand polish... PATCHOU!!! :P and if you didn't setup the forum then... who?
RE: couple problems with the polish msn + msn plus by CookieRevised on 05-07-2004 at 11:10 AM

The forum doesn't have the bug, it is a limitation: Ampersand (the & character) are converted to proper html, thus in the actual html-code & will appear instead of just &. This makes that unicode characters like ż wont show up because it is converted to ż en thus the browser doesn't see this as a unicode character....

Anyways, about the real problem, Messenger Plus!: Thanks for the detailed bugreport, I'm sure Patchou will read this (and I will send him an email so he can investigate this ASAP, cause Messenger Plus! 3 is soon to be released, so if this needs to be fixed it can be done in time)

RE: couple problems with the polish msn + msn plus by Nexohrion on 05-07-2004 at 12:08 PM

ok thanks but anyways, patchou, do you need anyones for translation to polish?

anywayz: see ya till reply or next bug ;p

oh btw: on my forum, i dont have that problem :D poorly that this forum got that limitation :(
------------------
Nex the bug reporter (H)

RE: couple problems with the polish msn + msn plus by Patchou on 05-07-2004 at 04:38 PM

I'm going to take a look at it.. did you try switching logging to Unicode in the preferences?

RE: couple problems with the polish msn + msn plus by Nexohrion on 05-07-2004 at 04:45 PM

yes and still it appears like:

code:
.--------------------------------------------------------------------.
| Session Start: vrijdag 7 mei 2004                                  |
| Participants:                                                      |
|    ...ohrion Luvs Mandy 4 ever -  lol :o                           |
|    [Flameboy]                                                      |
.--------------------------------------------------------------------.
[18:41:31] Użytkownik [SZK]Nexohrion Luvs Mandy 4 ever -  lol :o
           mówi:

RE: couple problems with the polish msn + msn plus by Patchou on 05-07-2004 at 07:24 PM

Can't WDZ do somethign to detect that "&#" is for unicode characters and not replace it? :).

Working on the problem right now.. I'll post more info in a couple of minutes.

RE: couple problems with the polish msn + msn plus by Patchou on 05-07-2004 at 07:34 PM

I just did some tests and I don't seem to have any problem (either in ansi or unicode). I've attached the log file, please let me know if I did anything wrong.

It would help me if you could do some tests to find in exactly what circumstances logging doesn't work for you.

Thanks,
Patchou

RE: couple problems with the polish msn + msn plus by Nexohrion on 05-07-2004 at 07:56 PM

did you installed the polish version of MSN Messenger?

RE: couple problems with the polish msn + msn plus by Patchou on 05-07-2004 at 08:22 PM

Nope... and I shouldn't have tried... you are right, nothing works well in the Polish version of Messenger, you just gave me something more to worry about this weekend ;).

Thansk for the bug report. I'll post again when the bug will be fixed.

Edit: omg! I understand what's going on...  in your language, the name is in between two words, this has never been considered in Plus!... arg :S :S :S

RE: couple problems with the polish msn + msn plus by Nexohrion on 05-07-2004 at 08:25 PM

quote:
I am always right
**UCHEUCHEUCHE!!!!***

you're welcome :)
RE: couple problems with the polish msn + msn plus by Patchou on 05-07-2004 at 08:36 PM

Well, I'm sorry to say that there's not much I can do about this problem before the final release of Plus!3 (too many thigns would risk to be broken). However, I will fix the problems related to auo-messages and other Plus! features. Some features will just not work at all, but they will be disabled properly.

RE: couple problems with the polish msn + msn plus by Patchou on 05-07-2004 at 08:58 PM

I just made the logging feature work... it will display the name and the text on two different lines, but it.s better than nothing :)

RE: couple problems with the polish msn + msn plus by Nexohrion on 05-07-2004 at 09:24 PM

lol, well as you say its better than nothing, but you can fix the rest in the updates ;) like... microsoft... LOL

well... i hope you dont have to release much updates like microsoft :D

RE: couple problems with the polish msn + msn plus by Patchou on 05-07-2004 at 09:50 PM

This could be fixed, I just dont want to risk the stability of the forthcoming Plus!3 and I dont have much time left to do proper testing.. its now working fine, some features are disabled and logging works as I said in my previous post. The way it was working in Plus!2, I'm sure noone was using both the Polish Messenger version and Messenger Plus! together :)

RE: couple problems with the polish msn + msn plus by Nexohrion on 05-07-2004 at 09:59 PM

yeah well i did ;) anyways, if you are going to make a newer version and you want to know the bugs with the polish msn, just let me know :) but now i am off going to smoke and maybe to bed if I can, got some trouble with my niéce and the problem it is stressing me out :(

but thanx anyways, i am watching forward to msn plus 3!