Shoutbox

Polish Translation offer - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Translation (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+----- Thread: Polish Translation offer (/showthread.php?tid=25094)

Polish Translation offer by Mushroom_Man on 05-10-2004 at 10:32 PM

I could do a Polish Translation for the next version that comes out, if anyone wants it.
I sent an e-mail to Patchou, but after explaining that it's not a dialect, got no reply.

RE: Polish Translation offer by Choli on 05-10-2004 at 10:57 PM

Patchou is currently away and won't be back until thursday. About doing a Polish translation, I think it's too late to make your translation. Patchou won't be able to send you the files needed so you can translate in time (he'd be able to send them to you on thursady, and you'd only have 24 hours to translate and test your translation before he'd include the translation in the final release. As a translator I'm, I can tell you that it's impossible to translate properly Plus! 3 in 24 hours.

Anyway, if Patchou decides to release Plus 3 later he may want you to translate else, you'd have to wait until plus is released, then translate and send the file to patchou and wait for the next version.

RE: Polish Translation offer by Johnny_Mac on 05-10-2004 at 11:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
Anyway, if Patchou decides to release Plus 3 later he may want you to translate else, you'd have to wait until plus is released, then translate and send the file to patchou and wait for the next version.
Regular updates, esp. with the release of 6.2 and MS's updates I'm sure it would be worth the while spending time to translate. They will be a very good chance it would be included sooner rather then later, just after the Plus! release. (Which doesnt have a confirmed date btw, for anyone asking. :P)
RE: Polish Translation offer by Choli on 05-10-2004 at 11:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Johnny_Mac
I'm sure it would be worth the while spending time to translate. They will be a very good chance it would be included sooner rather then later, just after the Plus! release
yes yes, of course.
Mushroom_Man: I didn't mean your work will be useless, nor you don't habve to translate. Your work is very apreciated here and even more by the Polish users of plus, however I meant that it's very luckly your translation won't be included in the first release of plus 3.
RE: Polish Translation offer by Johnny_Mac on 05-10-2004 at 11:08 PM

quote:
however I meant that it's very luckly your translation won't be included in the first release of plus 3.
Sorry, I didnt mean to make your post sound... patronising? I just wanted to make the point that the work wouldnt be pointless. Think thats established now. (Y) :D
RE: Polish Translation offer by Mushroom_Man on 05-12-2004 at 09:25 PM

Choli: Translating it once it comes out and sending it to Patchou for the next version was the idea - hence "I could do a Polish Translation for the next version that comes out"

RE: Polish Translation offer by Choli on 05-12-2004 at 10:08 PM

well, the next version that comes out will be the version 3 we're translating :P :banana:

:blah!: anyway, I understand you. Go with it, I don't think patchou won't want your translation be included in future versions ;)

RE: Polish Translation offer by nus on 05-13-2004 at 10:26 AM

quote:
As a translator I'm, I can tell you that it's impossible to translate properly Plus! 3 in 24 hours.

It's false, with 24 h of continued work it's possible (difficult and you'll be so much tired, but it's possible)

Well It's true that it's so much better translate with more time, and if possible more people.
I hope that next version (the one later that 3.0) have a Polish Language.

(for Choli): Que tú seas un rajado ;) q con 24 horas no tienes suficiente para traducir no significa q nadie pueda. Como la versió en catalan i su equipo de traducción no hay nadie. Somos los mejores :D
RE: Polish Translation offer by CookieRevised on 05-13-2004 at 10:31 AM

24 hours to do even a remotely decent translation is impossible for Plus!3, even if you work on it for the strait 24 hours...

RE: Polish Translation offer by Choli on 05-13-2004 at 10:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by nus
It's false, with 24 h of continued work it's possible
well, i said "properly translated", not just "a" translation :P
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
24 hours to do even a remotely decent translation is impossible for Plus!3, even if you work on it for the strait 24 hours...
(Y)
quote:
Originally posted by nus
(for Choli): Que tú seas un rajado q con 24 horas no tienes suficiente para traducir no significa q nadie pueda. Como la versió en catalan i su equipo de traducción no hay nadie. Somos los mejores
:blah: vuestra traduccion tiene un monton de detalles que os faltan. Si no los tienes en cuenta, pues claro, en 12 horas lo tienes listo. ;) pero cuando te pones que si con los tres puntos (...)  los &, que todo se llame igual, poner puntos finales en las frases q tengan q llevarlos, que todo quepa etc... pos claro, no da tiempo :P
RE: Polish Translation offer by jacktalking on 10-03-2004 at 04:58 PM

Hi Mushroom!
Currently, I finnished Polish translation. But, it has 2 following problems:
1) HDD, where the translation is, got some serious error. Once I switched ON my PC and I heard so awesome :P noise. So I turn off, opened my case, and I saw smoke from my HDD. It was 180GB, with 145GB full. So now my HDD has to be restored in some company. Until then, the translation will wait
2) And I don't know, if I have any translation errors. So when I get my HDD back, can I send you the translate and can you correct it for me? I'm expecting it in 2 months. If there will be any other Polish version, I will not send

RE: Polish Translation offer by CookieRevised on 10-03-2004 at 07:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jacktalking
2) And I don't know, if I have any translation errors. So when I get my HDD back, can I send you the translate and can you correct it for me? I'm expecting it in 2 months.
1) in 2 months a new Plus! version is already released with new translations to be made, so you might want to update the file first...

2) Did you read the Translation Guidelines?

3) The rule is, for new languages, that you post the file on this forum (thus in this thread) first, so everybody can check it (there are more Polish people on this forum able to check the file). After the file has been pronounced error-free, Patchou will download it from here...
RE: Polish Translation offer by Mushroom_Man on 10-17-2004 at 09:53 PM

Hey people!

Sorry, I completely forgot about this thread, and never did start :$

jacktalking, I'll gladly check your translation if you want, once you get your HDD back. But Cookie has a point about the new Plus! - you might want to hold off any release until that comes along

RE: Polish Translation offer by Choli on 10-17-2004 at 10:36 PM

about the new version: YOu can start translating from the current version  (3.21). The next version (3.25) is just the same but you'll have to remove 4 texts and translate 2 more. It's only 5 minutes of extra work.