Shoutbox

[CBC] Chameleon Board Companion (formerly KSMAS) Community board release (2005-04-25) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: [CBC] Chameleon Board Companion (formerly KSMAS) Community board release (2005-04-25) (/showthread.php?tid=25095)

[CBC] Chameleon Board Companion (formerly KSMAS) Community board release (2005-04-25) by KeyStorm on 05-10-2004 at 10:34 PM

We've had a lot of forum newbies asking for the random avatar script. After answering to all them I decided to create a PHP tool that installs the Script, protects it with a password and allows the user to upload the avatars (via web) and manage them.

I will post it here for you to freely use, distribute and modify. But before I want to hear your suggestions and opinions.

I might also need a little help to manage all permission problems that are possible and how to pass them or to detect them.

Thanks in advance. :)

Re-Edit:

I just released the second Release Candidate of version 1.0. :D

All changes are explained in KeyStorm's reply to [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script

You may download it right here

2005-04-25 - New Community Board:
I newly installed a new board on my server to have a place to discuss several things related to Chameleon, post news, bugs, ask people to join beta's, translate, etc.
You can access it at http://chameleon.keystorm.net/community
Note: The board is myBB 1.0 PR 1 and might have some bugs. Please be patient if you find any, and better, plese report them to the Forum & Website forum. Thanks :)

Enjoy Chameleon! :D
RE: [Project] KS Random Avatar Script by kao on 05-10-2004 at 10:35 PM

Sounds like a good idea, and good for the "n00bs" wanting them :P

good luck :)

RE: RE: [Project] KS Random Avatar Script by Kafman on 05-10-2004 at 11:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kao
Sounds like a good idea, and good for the "n00bs" wanting them :P

:refuck:

Great idea KeyStorm!!! Sure it will be distributed in all the Internet;)
RE: [Project] KS Random Avatar Script by dotNorma on 05-10-2004 at 11:51 PM

I think Fluffy Lobster already made one of these. Look on BigBlueFish.com or something , I am pretty sure he made a php random image account system. :-)

RE: [Project] KS Random Avatar Script by bach_m on 05-10-2004 at 11:52 PM

make it clear that they need a host with PHP....... or ther'll be alot of questions as to "why my pictures don't show up, and i get wierd text".

and GPL it :P

quote:
Originally posted by NoName
I think Fluffy Lobster already made one of these. Look on BigBlueFish.com or something , I am pretty sure he made a php random image account system. :-)

i kno he made the "IP Sig" like the danasoft. com ones... i dont remember a random image thing
RE: [Project] KS Random Avatar Script by leito on 05-10-2004 at 11:59 PM

Keystorm great Idea, I'm with you, just tell me in what I can help

quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
I might also need a little help to manage all permission problems that are possible and how to pass them or to detect them.

but, in this I can't help too much! haha

RE: [Project] KS Random Avatar Script by lylesback2 on 05-11-2004 at 12:24 AM

option box on how many you want to upload "say 5"
click Next, and bam, it has 5 Form & Browse boxes!

RE: [Project] KS Random Avatar Script by .blade// on 05-11-2004 at 01:09 AM

Msgplus forums should host a copy of the scipt, and set it up so it would only work for images hosted on an outside site so it wasn't so hard on the server :D

RE: [Project] KS Random Avatar Script by KeyStorm on 05-11-2004 at 06:09 PM

Thanks folks, I'm happy you liked the idea. :)

quote:
Originally posted by lylesback2
option box on how many you want to upload "say 5"
click Next, and bam, it has 5 Form & Browse boxes!

This is good, but to stick better to the all-in-one script idea (so we don't overfill the server with files the user doesn't know what they are.

For this I thought to show initially 3 File Inputs (Browse boxes) and to let the number dynamically increase when the user sets more files. Like in the Buddy/Ignore list of myBB MP System.

I'm still doing the HTML templates to have the design clear and then work on in PHP.

About the permission, I know there is the CHMOD system and the PHP's own Safe Mode.
The first one sets restrictions (Read, Write, Execute) to user levels (Owner, Group, Others).
Safe Mode doesn't allow users change filesystems created by another user. In fact if you have a different User ID than the one PHP is running, PHP woin't be able to create any file, although CHMOD is 0777 (full permission for everyone).

Anyway I'll let you test it. The more server protections you have the better it will be for testing purposes.

quote:
Originally posted by bach_m
make it clear that they need a host with PHP....... or ther'll be alot of questions as to "why my pictures don't show up, and i get wierd text".

Yes... I have to think about the name, too... Well, that'll be when it's done ;)

quote:
Originally posted by bach_m
and GPL it
Of course (H)

(Although SourceForge rejected my the browser thingy :()
RE: [Project] KS Random Avatar Script by reisyboy on 05-11-2004 at 06:25 PM

Ahhhe xcellent KeyStorm i want this too lol :P

RE: [Project] KS Random Avatar Script by KeyStorm on 05-11-2004 at 10:23 PM

Justposting to show you a sneak peak of how it will look like.
(I don't bother to release the code yet, because I didn't tidy it up enough yet :refuck:).
Note that this is still a template, not a finished PHP.

But well, hope you like it.

Feel free to post any suggestion.

KSMAS v0.01 ALPHA - Avatar Manager - Screenshot

Edit: I forgot to ask how you do it to change the style of the input type=file, it doesn't seem to work in Mozilla.

RE: [Project] KS Random Avatar Script by Banks on 05-11-2004 at 11:34 PM

would it be possible to edit the server so that you could mask it as as a .png or .jpg so that it would work on forums who block *.php files

RE: [Project] KS Random Avatar Script by .blade// on 05-11-2004 at 11:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Banks
would it be possible to edit the server so that you could mask it as as a .png or .jpg so that it would work on forums who block *.php files

It's not that a server blocks PHP, it's that the server isn't set-up to run PHP.
RE: [Project] KS Random Avatar Script by bach_m on 05-12-2004 at 12:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by gigablade77
quote:

It's not that a server blocks PHP, it's that the server isn't set-up to run PHP.
.... nooooo...

any server can get an image from another server thats PHP.... but they may just block PHP images as avatars.
RE: [Project] KS Random Avatar Script by KeyStorm on 05-12-2004 at 02:20 PM

Blah... bach_m is right. Some boards do not allow php's because they're not strictly defined as image files (and who knows what you might be doing with them). Some people are scared of evil javascript in images :huh: (well, there are lots of IE-holes, so even that is possible).

quote:

After some :google: I have found out that this is possible through .htaccess, which surprised me a lot, but ok...

I could add it to the all-in-one file, but I just don't know if it'll be possible.

Maybe another release for boards not allowing PHPs as images would also be a good solution.

* KeyStorm doubts he's able to manage such big scripts :P

I'm working on the setup file now.

This evening I'll probably release the setup file to see if it installs and detects protections properly on your servers. :)

RE: [Project] KS Random Avatar Script by stonesour on 05-13-2004 at 01:58 PM

Put this in the directory

IndexIgnore *

<Limit GET POST >
    order allow,deny
    allow from all
    </Limit>

RewriteEngine on
    RewriteRule nameofjpg.jpg nameofphp.php [T=application/x-httpd-cgi]

And maybe have a configuration screen that writes the htaccess file and replaces nameofjpg.jpg with what they chose

RE: [Project] KS Random Avatar Script by KeyStorm on 05-13-2004 at 05:20 PM

Hm... I'm gonna test it right now (Y)

Thanks a lot, you saved me a lot of time looking for htaccess syntax and methods.

Could you tell me what everything does, btw, to see if I need to change something?

As you see I don't know htaccess-code :grin:

For Testers (anyone may be): ALPHA v0.02 - Setup Only, not the script itself for now!

Well, for now I think I finished the installer.

You don't need to create a special dir for it, the installer does it itself. Just place it where you want to have the folder installed.

What does it do (for if you don't want to read the crappy code):

Step 1: Creates a folder, creates a file, opens it, closes it, deletes it, deletes the folder. If all these could be peformed correctly, your server is ready to install KSMAS.

Step 2: You have to type your password in order to create your own inc.php where the list of avatars is written each time. This could evolve in having several users and only one file. But let's wait until it works :P.

Step 3: Creates and writes in the functional files: KSMAS/index.php and KSMAS/[password.md5].inc.php

Step 4: We've left setup.php and gone to KSMAS/index.php.php?mode=delete which deletes ../setup.php. Maybe this won't work if CHMOD is not enough permissive. But this won't mess up anything: you'll be asked to manually delete the file.

After this step, if nothing happens it is right. This release does not include the manager script (it's not done yet). This build is just to see if it installs well everywhere and that no weird errors appear.

I have tested it on Xampp for Windows v1.4.2 (Apache 2.0.49, PHP 4.3.6).

Enjoy (test) it and feel free to post anything about it. :)
RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script -> Alpha 2 released for you to test! by Mike on 05-13-2004 at 06:42 PM

Ummm...
Do i need a server that i pay?
Like will this work for geocities or freepgs?
And if yes...How can i install it? :S

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script -> Alpha 2 released for you to test! by KeyStorm on 05-13-2004 at 06:49 PM

It's an ALPHA for now. It's just the installer to see if it crashes with any config.
However, you obviously need a server with PHP installed and that doesn't block images opened from other sites (unlike tripod).

If you don't know what I'm talking about, sit back and wait til I release the final version while you look for a free server with the capabilities above. (Y)

(AFAIK, Geocities doesn't support PHP :-/)

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script -> Alpha 2 released for you to test! by fluffy_lobster on 05-13-2004 at 07:01 PM

Ripoff :mipdodgy:

Nah :gfdrin: nice script KS :)

The differnece with mine is that it's web based on my server, so you don't need to ftp things.  But then on the other hand you have to ask me for an account, and hey, who would trust me with their avatar? (6)

:gfdrin:

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script -> Alpha 2 released for you to test! by KeyStorm on 05-13-2004 at 07:54 PM

Hm... I'm doing a little break now to try to include it in SourceForge.

Hope they don't dismiss it like BrowSeSiDe :dodgy:.

Do you think they are gonna accept KSMAS (KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script) or won't they accept KeyStorm in it? :rolleyes:

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script -> Alpha 2 released for you to test! by Mike on 05-13-2004 at 08:22 PM

Put it at www.pscode.com :P

Anyway i think i'll wait for the final release...

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script -> Alpha 2 released for you to test! by KeyStorm on 05-13-2004 at 08:45 PM

It won't break anything on your server :P.

but yeah... if you don't have a strange server config, it should work ok, now.

I'm not gonna give my script as a gift to the net :refuck:.

SF is the best site for free gpl scripts, and developers are treated seriously, but your project has to be accepted by the staff (Y)

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script -> Alpha 2 released for you to test! by kao on 05-13-2004 at 09:12 PM

I'm not going to try it right now, maybe later or tomorrow, but from the screenshot it looks like its coming along nicely, i'll be putting it on my server for people to use through my site etc. Looking nice so far, will test it later tonight/tomorrow and update this post with results, gj so far (Y)

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script -> Alpha 2 released for you to test! by KeyStorm on 05-14-2004 at 08:22 PM

:banana::banana:

KSMAS has been accepted in SourceForge!!! :D
http://ksmas.sourceforge.net/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ksmas/

I'm so happy, well, for now leito.gt is going to help me with the graphics. as you can see in the attachment he has some ideas I though you might review ;)

Well, I'm gonna see what SF offer to my project now :D.

I've been working on the main script, maybe I have something for you later. ;)

Yay! (H) :banana:

Edit: Yeah, attaching a screenshot isn't a bad idea :P
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/attachment.php?pid=243175

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script -> Alpha 2 released for you to test! by bach_m on 05-14-2004 at 08:38 PM

good job (y)

upload the alpha 2 release for widespread testing

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script -> Alpha 2 released for you to test! by leito on 05-14-2004 at 10:04 PM

quote:
I'm so happy, well, for now leito.gt is going to help me with the graphics. as you can see in the attachment he has some ideas I though you might review

hahaha, you are posting my "very first" idea of KSMAS design. The layout should change a lot, but I like the Logo, please post what you think about it.
RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script -> Alpha 2 released for you to test! by KeyStorm on 05-15-2004 at 12:29 AM

Done!

I set up the project site ( http://sf.net/projects/ksmas ) and leo and I are going on with the development over there.
I'll post all relevant releases here, but you may post any bugs, suggestions or questions there using the trackers or the forum.

If you don't have an account (I'm still working to see if I can get those tools to be public), you can post here whatever you think of it.

Thanks to all for your moral support and tests. :)

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script -> Alpha 2 released for you to test! by leito on 05-15-2004 at 01:38 AM

quote:
If you don't have an account (I'm still working to see if I can get those tools to be public), you can post here whatever you think of it.

The KSMAS SF forum allows, now, anonymous posts. Feel free to post any bugs, suggestions or questions.

Help Forum @ KSMAS Project Page
Testing Forum @ KSMAS Project Page
RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script -> Alpha 2 released for you to test! by lizard.boy on 05-15-2004 at 04:15 AM

hmm when i go to the dir where ksmas is installed it dosnt work... its just blank... keystorm? what happened?

http://lizardboy.kaonet.net/tests/ksmas

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script -> Alpha 2 released for you to test! by leito on 05-15-2004 at 06:56 AM

quote:
In this release, 0.02 ALPHA you won't find any script for managinf your dinamic image sets. This version contains only the complete setup script to ensure by testing that KSMAS uses a stable and easy to use installer.

KSMAS News @ SF

As said above, this version was create only to test the setup.
RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script -> Alpha 2 released for you to test! by KeyStorm on 05-15-2004 at 11:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lizard.boy
hmm when i go to the dir where ksmas is installed it dosnt work... its just blank... keystorm? what happened?

http://lizardboy.kaonet.net/tests/ksmas

Leito.gt is right, but you have to note that the directory is "KSMAS", not "ksmas". Anyway, the setup seemed to work fine as you can see in http://lizardboy.kaonet.net/tests/KSMAS/?mode=delete where the instalation file was succesfully deleted (or does no longer exist).

Once I have some more of the script, on that page I will put an option to bookmark it or whatever to ensure that you don't lose the path :P
RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script -> Alpha 2 released for you to test! by lizard.boy on 05-15-2004 at 01:13 PM

heh yeah after a few pages i start skimming threads :D

:dodgy: linux case sensative server

RE: RE: [Project] KS Random Avatar Script by stonesour on 05-16-2004 at 08:31 PM

quote:
Hm... I'm gonna test it right now (Y)

Thanks a lot, you saved me a lot of time looking for htaccess syntax and methods.

Could you tell me what everything does, btw, to see if I need to change something?

As you see I don't know htaccess-code :grin:

IndexIgnore *

Makes it so if you go to www.whatever.com/myfolder/
it won't show any of the files in that folder(stops leaching)

<Limit GET POST >
order allow,deny
allow from all
</Limit>
I'm not sure about this part....

RewriteEngine on
    RewriteRule nameofjpg.jpg nameofphp.php
Allows it to be called from the .jpg instead of the .php

And yes it does work, I use it at http://ng.audiodragon.net/forums for my signature because I have my forum setup so it doesn't allow php images. For security reasons.
RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script -> Alpha 2 released for you to test! by Wabz on 05-16-2004 at 09:08 PM

Nice idea and congratulations on adding to sourceforge :P

Nice script more people with random avatars

* Wabz can remember when Johnny_Mac was the only one

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script -> Alpha 2 released for you to test! by KeyStorm on 05-16-2004 at 10:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by stonesour
For security reasons.
Well, looks like security isn't secure, after all :P

I'll go on like it is now, and i'll get it to the final verison with the original php method (without redirection). After that I will add this and oher things like multi users / multiple sets in one manager and advances customization... (Y)

Thank you for the explanation...

quote:
Originally posted by Wabz
Nice idea and congratulations on adding to sourceforge :P
Thank you, too.

I want to say I am implementing a feature that might be interesting:
As it happened to my songtracker, many people tried to hack it as I can see in my server logs (URLs were called with invented filenames and parameters).

KSMAS will log all the wrong passwords, IPs and hours. When there are say 5 failed attempts, KSMAS will block the access to the manager (the avatar output will be kept alive). for some time, maybe 3 hours.
Optionally: from your cp, once you log in, you can reset the count, for if you missed a couple of tries.

Anyway, I'm working on this log thing now, I'll probably release something as part of the 0.02 ALPHA release group. :)

Keep the track @ http://sf.net/projects/ksmas

Btw, If you like you can let SourceForge notify you when there's a new release per e-mail.

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script -> Alpha 2 released for you to test! by leito on 05-18-2004 at 04:12 AM

I'm working on the UI for KSMAS. Here is a real screenshot of the setup file I finished today, hope you like it. Please post your comments, ideas, or whatever you feel to

[Image: attachment.php?pid=245003]

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script -> Alpha 2 released for you to test! by Dempsey on 05-19-2004 at 05:04 PM

if anyone wants any free PHP hosting to run this script then ill give them some at Killer Carrot :P

email/msn/pm/irc me

Email
IRC
MSN - dempseyinthemoonlight@hotmail.com

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script -> Alpha 2 released for you to test! by KeyStorm on 05-25-2004 at 10:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by http://sf.net/projects/ksmas
KS Multi Avatar Script v0.1 BETA released

The first functional release of this script has been released. Now you can upload and update your set of images through a web-based manager and protect it with a password. The whole script is installed using an eye candy and handy setup script that will create all file structure for you. So you do not need to know PHP or do weird things in FTP. Upload, install and enjoy!

Since it is not a final release, use it at your own risk.

Enjoy it!

Hope to hear about your impressions over there in SourceForge or here if you don't have any SF account.

For any bug report, refer to the public Bug Tracker which can be accessed from the homepage of the project.

Thanks for your support. :)
RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 1 released! by RebelSean on 05-25-2004 at 10:51 PM

Awesome job KeyStorm and Developers!! Wohooo I can't wait to get my  Avatar now!! WOhooooooo

Key why does that setup.php open with Microsoft  Home Publishing?? I got a error while running..Here it is

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 1 released! by bach_m on 05-26-2004 at 12:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX
Key why does that setup.php open with Microsoft  Home Publishing?? I got a error while running..Here it is

because microsoft home publishing is a piece of shit. open it in notepad to view the code, or upload it to a webhost with PHP support to run it.
RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 1 released! by RebelSean on 05-26-2004 at 02:13 AM

How can I open it with  Notepad??

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 1 released! by leito on 05-26-2004 at 02:19 AM

DoubleTriple Post, you can't do this in Tech Talk forums, but good to here you will get it workin, I'm behing KeyStorm in work but... I'll get him soon and you'll have a complete "nice looking" version of BETA 1 or whatever other release KeyStorm takes out.

You can post in KSMAS @ SF.net Forums, even if you don't have a SF account!

Try to Edit your Posts! that way you don't spam

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 1 released! by RebelSean on 05-26-2004 at 02:44 AM

I can't use this...I dunno what the hell

- Apache v1 or above
- PHP v4 or above

Is......This sucks!

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 1 released! by leito on 05-26-2004 at 02:59 AM

Ok, please detailed what steps did you followed to setup KSMAS.

- Put setup.php in a folder in your server. (via FTP, etc)
- Make sure that folder have Writint Privileges
- Go to setup.php in the web interface of your server, http.
- Install and Enjoy

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 1 released! by RebelSean on 05-26-2004 at 03:01 AM

Ummm I haven't even got to install KMAS...I had to use Notepad just to get to read the setup...And I dunno what the hell to do... I do have a server( www.1asphost.com)......Help?

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 1 released! by bach_m on 05-26-2004 at 03:12 AM

quote:
Ummm I haven't even got to install KMAS...I had to use Notepad just to get to read the setup...And I dunno what the hell to do... I do have a server( www.1asphost.com)......Help?

u need a server with PHP. upload the files.
RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 1 released! by leito on 05-26-2004 at 05:08 AM

quote:

You DON'T need notepad. You just need to "run" the setup.php file in a server supporting PHP. You won't see any code if you do that ok, you will just see a nice, easy installation wizard. Please PM me, if you need more information, so we don't get spammy here.
RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 1 released! by KeyStorm on 05-26-2004 at 09:20 AM

Sorry that the readme file was incomplete. Redownload the zip file from SourceForge and read the readme again.
You have to upload the setup.php script to your PHP-enabled Apache-webserver. Then you have to open it with your browser.

Sometimes it gets hard to think people won't know what to do with PHP files when you areworking with these files every day. :)

quote:
I can't use this...I dunno what the hell

- Apache v1 or above
- PHP v4 or above

Is......This sucks!

I accept this was not enough self-explanatory, but there's no need to be rude... :dodgy: I've been days coding this for you to blame the work whe you do not understand something. :google: Apache and PHP instead!
RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 1 released! by user27089 on 05-26-2004 at 09:44 AM

is kaonet on safe mode, cause if so i can't use this script, and if it is, would i be able to ask kao 2 turn it off, or can i just ask jwb to upload it to his ftp??

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 1 released! by Stigmata on 05-26-2004 at 09:50 AM

me???

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 1 released! by KeyStorm on 05-26-2004 at 09:52 AM

I don't know, ask him... It would be interesting to know what's failing. Because if it's an error in the script it should be corrected before the final release... Ask Kao about what kind of weird configs the server has.

You should, too copy the script into a subfolder, chmod the dir to  666 and try to install it again. Feel free to post in Sourceforge as the trackers are better designed for requests like yours. :@:P;)

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 1 released! by RebelSean on 05-26-2004 at 11:37 AM

No No NO I'm not being rude.. i ment that it sucks that I cant make one..I will try uploading it to a server ;-)

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 1 released! by KeyStorm on 05-26-2004 at 04:00 PM

I just noticed, that KSMAS does not properly work under PHP v4.11.
I will upload to CVS, for those who have PHP v4.11.  (And hopefully 4.10, too).

Edit: Uploaded! Access the CVS repository through the project site or wait until next official release.

Remember that this might still not work on some server configurations. If you know about servers, you may delete all "silenced functions" (remove the @'s in front of the functions) and take a look at what PHP promts around (I'll put a tester version on CVS If I have some time this evening).

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 1 released! by leito on 05-26-2004 at 07:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
if anyone wants any free PHP hosting to run this script then ill give them some at Killer Carrot

email/msn/pm/irc me

Email
IRC
MSN - dempseyinthemoonlight@hotmail.com

Take this in mind

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 1 released! by KeyStorm on 05-26-2004 at 09:03 PM

I'll start now to put new tasks to the to-do list of the project side

I already have some ideas from this thread, but I'm interested about what your suggestions/requests/ideas are, so please... don't hesitate :):

(Tasks are public, so you can take a look from time to time)

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 1 released! by RebelSean on 05-26-2004 at 09:10 PM

Why don't you make it a .exe file couse that will help out ALOT of peps?

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 1 released! by Dempsey on 05-26-2004 at 09:11 PM

lol cos its not a program, its a php script!

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 1 released! by RebelSean on 05-26-2004 at 09:14 PM

Well why don't yall make a Program outa it?? Or is that hard to do? 

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 1 released! by Dempsey on 05-26-2004 at 09:17 PM

not paticualy hard, but the whole idea is u dont need a pc on all the time, it runs off a webhost and you cant just convert php to an exe

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 1 released! by KeyStorm on 05-26-2004 at 09:55 PM

There's no much point in creating a locally controlled avatar, since it is supposed to be automatic and hence even work when your computer is off.

Think that php is like an exe for the internet, ie it has to be placed in a webserver and opened through a browser (in most cases).
Every time a browser looks for my avatar, or leo's, or traxor's they are executing the script so that it decides which avatar to show.

As this is a BETA, if you don't know what to do with it, don't touch it.  It's supposed to work... little tested, but it works somewhere. If you are not a developer or an experienced computer user, you should wait until the final version is released and read carefully any documents you can in order to know exactly how it works.

Btw, I'll be adding multiple users managing. What will be optional in the setup. Might be nice for people like Dempsey who are willing to host multiple avatar-sets/users.

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 1 released! by Dempsey on 05-26-2004 at 09:57 PM

yea that will make it a lot easier for me as i will make ksmas.killercarrot.co.uk and then anyone can use it :)

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 1 released! by Banks on 05-26-2004 at 11:25 PM

I got another idea for you, if the server supports gd you could watermark it for free advertisment.

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 1 released! by leito on 05-27-2004 at 01:02 AM

quote:
I got another idea for you, if the server supports gd you could watermark it for free advertisment.

I think that is not a good idea, cuz people want a dynamic avatar, but one without advertisment on it.
RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 1 released! by KeyStorm on 05-27-2004 at 01:08 PM

I have been thinking about GD for adding watermarks... but it's too much code for so little use. And btw, many servers do not have GD (PHP v4.3 includes it and we are supporting v4.11, by now).

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 1 released! by Dempsey on 05-27-2004 at 01:11 PM

and don't foroget, it's open source, so people would just remove the watermark bit if they didn't want it anyway :p

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 1 released! by KeyStorm on 05-27-2004 at 01:16 PM

Yeah, no ads. I don't like that. If I had to download an avatar script that had ads I would delete it. :refuck:

Clean, free and GPL! :banana:

Anyway, if you want to support us you can donate money through SourceForge

* KeyStorm runs to activate the donations system :grin:

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 1 released! by MC Inferno on 05-27-2004 at 01:20 PM

No Ads! I like that :D

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 1 released! by reisyboy on 05-27-2004 at 01:23 PM

Ahh excellent KeyStrom beta one is fantastic for me to use :)

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 1 released! by KeyStorm on 05-27-2004 at 01:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by reisyboy
Ahh excellent KeyStrom beta one is fantastic for me to use :)
Thank you! It's the lite version regarding the features that will be added.

I'll start to work on the second beta in 1 week, when my a-levels are done. Alea jacta est! :chrongue:
RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 1 released! by KeyStorm on 05-30-2004 at 12:25 AM

Kafman detected a bug really caused by a lack of information.

I said nowhere that to access the manager you have to go to:
http://.../KSMAS/?mode=access

Leo finished the design of the Manager and Access pages from the version you have, so I think it's time for 0.2 BETA ;)

Edit: BETA 2 released, check out http://sf.net/projects/ksmas for further information and download :)

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 2 released! by Joe on 05-30-2004 at 02:31 AM

Lookin Great Guys!(y);)

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 2 released! by KeyStorm on 05-30-2004 at 04:00 PM

Hard bug found!

lizard.boy and Kao reported me a bug:

KSMAS folder can't be deleted manually, the user id is "Unknown".

The reason for this bug is that the folder and the files are created by PHP, who runs on another user id than any FTP user. Server Admins should be able to change the uid. However, the only affordable way is to create an uninstaller for KSMAS, since PHP could delete the files. (I wonder how PHP could delete the setup script... :huh:).

I have not much time, now, but I'll make a fix ASAP.

Sorry for the inconveniences it may cause :-/

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 2 released! by lizard.boy on 05-30-2004 at 04:03 PM

a php file can delete itself if that what you mean..

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 2 released! by KeyStorm on 05-30-2004 at 04:06 PM

No, it's KSMAS/index.php who deletes setup.ph and setup.php is owned by the user who uploaded it and not by PHP.

It looks that in some places PHP has a higher privilege than the user itself :S.

Well, I'll try to find a fix, ntl.

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 2 released! by leito on 05-30-2004 at 06:58 PM

quote:
KSMAS folder can't be deleted manually, the user id is "Unknown".

Yep, while testing (0.01 ALPHA, 0.1 BETA, 0.2 BETA) I had to rename the folders to run the setup.. cuz I couldn't delete it...
RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 2 released! by lizard.boy on 05-30-2004 at 07:01 PM

well an alternative would be to make the user create the directory to install ksmas in? would that be an idea keystorm? that way the user could also specify what he/she wants

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 2 released! by KeyStorm on 05-30-2004 at 07:08 PM

Well... It was inicially thought as an "avatar for dummies", but it's also useful for experienced lazy users/coders... so I'll think about a middle point for that. Easy but more customizable.

Or maybe another different ppackage for expert users.

Btw, now we are at it, I will release the multi users version separately initially, and mergeing it later if given the case.

(leito.gt, you should've said something :@ ;))

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 2 released! by leito on 05-31-2004 at 03:31 AM

quote:
Well... It was inicially thought as an "avatar for dummies",
yeah!!! I was on that!
quote:
but it's also useful for experienced lazy users/coders...
I guess i would have to gain some more experience then!
quote:
Btw, now we are at it, I will release the multi users version separately initially, and mergeing it later if given the case.
ok ok!
quote:
(leito.gt, you should've said something :@ ;) )
I'm in the "dummies" group! :D
quote:
Originally posted by lizard.boy
well an alternative would be to make the user create the directory to install ksmas in?
But the installer could create a KSMAS folder.... and just overwrite the files in it.. when updatint to a new KSMAS version, that way it could be easy to use... and will not envolve deleting the folder.

Edit: In bold cuz that the important part of the message! hope you understand it.
RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 2 released! by Mike on 05-31-2004 at 04:54 PM

Keystorm can you add the php masking in the next beta?
Because i want to use my dynamic avatar at some IPB forums :D

Thanks!

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 2 released! by RebelSean on 05-31-2004 at 05:03 PM

Just a question, why does it make the avatar http://link.to.your.server.com/KMAS/index.php   ??????? Is there anyway to rename the link for your avatar to like http://link.to.your.server.com/KMAS/avatar.php??

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 2 released! by KeyStorm on 05-31-2004 at 05:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike2
Keystorm can you add the php masking in the next beta?
Because i want to use my dynamic avatar at some IPB forums :D

Thanks!
I still don't know... There are many things to fix first... :-/ But I'll add it, that's sure ;)

quote:
Just a question, why does it make the avatar http://link.to.your.server.com/KMAS/index.php   ??????? Is there anyway to rename the link for your avatar to like http://link.to.your.server.com/KMAS/avatar.php??
Why do you want that? :huh: This way and if your server allows it (most do) you can use http://www.example.com/KSMAS as your avatar script.

Well, I don't see the point on changing the name, anyway.
RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 2 released! by RebelSean on 05-31-2004 at 05:10 PM

See my avatar thingy is http://avatars.kaonet.net/rebelsean/KSMAS/index.php but like I would like it to be ummm like http://avatars.kaonet.net/rebelsean/KSMAS/seansavatar.php .......     Catch my drift??

RE: RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 2 released! by KeyStorm on 05-31-2004 at 05:14 PM

quote:
See my avatar thingy is http://avatars.kaonet.net/rebelsean/KSMAS/index.php but like I would like it to be ummm like http://avatars.kaonet.net/rebelsean/KSMAS/seansavatar.php .......     Catch my drift??

No.
Won't be done, it's too complex for such a little use.

Anyway, you can use (as I said) http://avatars.kaonet.net/rebelsean/KSMAS/ as your avatar.
RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 2 released! by RebelSean on 05-31-2004 at 05:22 PM

But wene I went to threw she setup, it told me that http://avatars.kaonet.net/rebelsean/KSMAS/index.php what the link for my avatar :-S

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 2 released! by KeyStorm on 05-31-2004 at 05:26 PM

This is for general compatibility with any server configuration.

But it's very probable that a server with PHP redirects to index.php by any chance. I don't know if there's a way for PHP to know it, but if there is, I'll add it.

Btw, you can also use http://avatars.kaonet.net/rebelsean/KSMAS/?mode=access to access the avatar manager.

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 2 released! by RebelSean on 05-31-2004 at 05:30 PM

Ya, I was wandering how to get to that lol...Link added to ma favorities...
Btw, how did you get that link???

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 2 released! by KeyStorm on 05-31-2004 at 05:34 PM

quote:
Btw, how did you get that link???
I'm supposed to know how my script works... :dodgy:

I forgot to add the link for setting it as a bookmark, in v0.2BETA it is added, but there are some severe problems upgrading it. I'll fix it when I have some time.
RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 2 released! by KeyStorm on 06-17-2004 at 07:54 PM

A new patch is available for uninstalling blocked KSMAS installations.

http://www.sf.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=109466 to download.

Please, read the README.TXT before you use it.

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - Uninstaller patch released! by lizard.boy on 06-17-2004 at 08:34 PM

invallid project keystorm

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - Uninstaller patch released! by KeyStorm on 06-17-2004 at 08:43 PM

Thanks lizard!

URL Fixed!

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - Uninstaller patch released! by NeoRevan on 06-17-2004 at 09:04 PM

quote:
But it's very probable that a server with PHP redirects to index.php by any chance. I don't know if there's a way for PHP to know it, but if there is, I'll add it.

Well depending on what server software they run, but on Apache the redirects are in the httpd.conf file.
I know cos I setup apache on my localhost.

Extracting the possible index.php redirect from there is a matter of guessing their Apache install dir and find the httpd.conf file.

On IIS however (I also had this on my localhost), its set in the config and stored in an unknown (to me) winblows file.

In short, no bloody clue on how to find if it has index redirect or not. Just wanted to let you know the little I know about how webservers has their redirects ;)
RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - Uninstaller patch released! by KeyStorm on 06-17-2004 at 09:52 PM

anyway... any server depends on the fact that index.[htm/html/php] is recognized as the directory-root page and is opened automatically.

However, and if your read the README, you need to use Apache. As it is the only one that has been tested, and since we are using headers and filesystems I'm sure there would be compatibility issues.

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - Uninstaller patch released! by RebelSean on 06-20-2004 at 06:04 PM

Hey keystorm, i got a blasted error log from your thingy, even tho i would still love to be able to use it but wene I uploaded the setup.php it made a errorlog wene i tried to open it:

[17-Jun-2004 14:31:34] PHP Warning:  Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library './ixed.lin.4.2.3.pxp' - ./ixed.lin.4.2.3.pxp: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
[17-Jun-2004 14:31:34] PHP Parse error:  parse error in /home/kao/public_html/rebelsean/setup.php on line 259

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - Uninstaller patch released! by KeyStorm on 06-20-2004 at 06:30 PM

Kao has been experienceing several fatal error with his server due to permission issues and some folders might have got screwed up. I don't know how far this error goes, but I hope it's not critical.

Anyway I don't suggest you to use KSMAS for critical cases. You might do if you have root privileges on your server or you're running Apache for windows.
I'll try to solfe this asap.

Sorry to anyone who might be affected by this issue.

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - Uninstaller patch released! by RebelSean on 06-27-2004 at 11:06 PM

Keystorm what does this mean??

[Image: attachment.php?pid=269279]

And does that mean that kao has to give me writing privileges? and take me outa safe mode?

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - Uninstaller patch released! by Dempsey on 06-28-2004 at 08:51 AM

you can change permissions from FTP, login and change the folder permissions to 777

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - Uninstaller patch released! by Mike on 06-30-2004 at 10:38 AM

Hmmmm...
I cant install my KSMAS :'(
I am typing the correct password and im sure because i can get with that password to my CP...
Help... ?

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - Uninstaller patch released! by KeyStorm on 07-01-2004 at 03:33 PM

What do you mean with you can't install KSMAS?
You don't need a certain password to install it, You should type it twice.

Or do you have problems accessing the Avatar manager?

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - Uninstaller patch released! by leito on 07-02-2004 at 01:29 AM

XxRebelSeanxX your version of KSMAS is out of date, check http://sf.net/projects/ksmas for updates.

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - Uninstaller patch released! by Mike on 07-02-2004 at 07:35 AM

quote:
What do you mean with you can't install KSMAS?
You don't need a certain password to install it, You should type it twice.

Or do you have problems accessing the Avatar manager?
Ooppss i meant uninstall :$
It says that my password is incorrect but i can login to the avatar manager with the password im providing in the uninstaller...

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - Uninstaller patch released! by KeyStorm on 07-02-2004 at 10:20 AM

Uninstaller version RC1 released!

This is a security patch that fixes following issues:

- Password check for versions prioir to Beta 3 (not released yet)
- Deleting blocked files.

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - Uninstaller patch released! by RebelSean on 07-02-2004 at 02:14 PM

Does it work on Kao's server's keystorm?

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - Uninstaller patch released! by KeyStorm on 07-02-2004 at 02:18 PM

quote:
Does it work on Kao's server's keystorm?

Aye! :banana:
RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - Uninstaller patch released! by RebelSean on 07-02-2004 at 02:22 PM

Yay! Neways, You know how i renamed my 1st ksmas to ksma , If I uninstall my second ksmas, then rename my ksma to ksmas you think tis will work to uninstall that one 2?

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - Uninstaller patch released! by KeyStorm on 07-02-2004 at 02:31 PM

quote:
you think tis will work to uninstall that one 2?
Yes, it should at least.This problem is due to the images, which are created directly by scripts that belong to no user (were generated by PHP) and hence can't be deleted by the owner of the FTP-account, but by the rootadmin.

The uninstaller generates such a PHP-owned script that is able to delet all other PHP-ownsed files, and since all others should be CHMOD 777, it also deletes those.
After that it deletes it's mother script (uninstall.php) and self-destroys (boom!... bleh, j/k ;) it deletes itself: hop.php).
And KSMAS should have disappeared by then.

Btw, I will release a non-password-locked uninstaller, so if you are a site admin you can be able to delete unused KSMAS installations.

Mail me if you need one: keystorm@gmail.com
RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - Uninstaller patch released! by RebelSean on 07-02-2004 at 02:38 PM

* RebelSean I just wander what the dam admin pass is to un-install it lol

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 3 Released! (2004-08-13) by KeyStorm on 08-13-2004 at 02:07 AM

I just released KSMAS BETA 3. View the first post for more information about the changes.

Download: Here

It's done!!! :banana:

Finally some sleep... |-) (4.08AM)

I'm going on vacation tomorrow morning, erm... later. I won't be back until mid september.
So :wave: to everyone! :)

|-)

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 3 Released! (2004-08-13) by lopardo on 08-13-2004 at 02:42 AM

Good news, KeyStorm! :)

Have a great time in your vacations :)

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 3 Released! (2004-08-13) by KeyStorm on 08-18-2004 at 02:52 PM

Well, I see Beta 3 has been downloaded... 12 times!!! :banana:

But I just want to report a couple of typos and bugs I found out by myself while coding the new version (see below ;)).

The first one involves the logout feature that may have some problems. In files ./KSMAS/include/access.inc.php and ./KSMAS/include/functions.inc.php I wrote $_SESSIO['logout'] while I really meant $_SESSION['logout']. This could cause you to not to be logged out properly. Anyway this is not safety essential, since you can log out by closing your browser and opening it again.

The second bug/typo involves the file copies management. In version 0.2 if you uploaded an image with a file-name that already existed on the server, the name was changed to filename(1).gif, filename(2).gif, etc. (ŕ la Windows). This doesn't happen now because I forgot to update ir to the directory based storage. So if you upload a different image with a name that already exists the old image may be ovewritten and when you delete one of both both get deleted and causes the other one to be a dead image. You can fix this in file ./KSMAS/include/upload.php.

code:
WRONG:
while ( file_exists($file_name.ext) ) {

RIGHT:
while ( file_exists('./'.$_SESSION['user'].'/'.$file_name.ext) ) {

Not very relevant bugs but surely annoying when you meet them in a dark street.

KSMAS RC1 Announcement:

Well, as I'm having looots of free time in here (and no internet at home :() IĄve been coding a lot. I added to KSMAS following things:

+ Option to install it in two modes: Single User and Admin Multiple Users (I did also create a couple of nice icons to label them :P see my boredom).

+ Options panel:
- Users:
Appended free slot number (requested by Omar)
Gap filling (requested by Omar, too? I dunno)
Kind of randomization (seconds, miliseconds, real random)

- Admin:
- Limit of appendable free slots
- Default number of appended free slots
- Activation time.

+ Fixed the styles and header images while uninstalling

+ Automatic detection of setup.php from admin panel allowing to detele it or to install KSMAS right from there

+ Detection of duplicated images (so that you don't upload the same image twice :P)

+ Now KSMAS detects if its folder has been renamed (:@) what would likely cause it to fail, so it prompts an error page and offers you the chance of changing the name back.

+ When a page is not found or the login is incorrect or whatever kind of hacking is detected KSMAS emulates a real Apache 404 page, as if the 404 was true. :rolleyes:

+ And several other bugfixes.

I wanted to bring you a couple of screenshots but I had no floppy and I didn't bother using a CDRW for that.

If I'm lucky I could be releasing RC1 next monday.

Btw, Would you like to have it updating automatically from the (not yet existing) project homepage (http://ksmas.sf.net)?
It would be possible and even funny :P

If you have any other ideas post them right here, please. Thanks! :)

Have a nice week! :wave:
RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 3 Released! (2004-08-13) by ipab on 08-18-2004 at 03:21 PM

i have been having problems with installation :P, it seems like u havent given clear instructions on how to login if ur an admin (the user name) :p

plz do so in the next release

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 3 Released! (2004-08-13) by KeyStorm on 08-23-2004 at 02:34 PM

Well, after some days of work I can bring you the new version of KSMAS: v1.0 RC1.

This is the official changelog:
- ADDED Setup Assistant (running under PHP's "user" to homogenize ownership of the files)
- ADDED Setup modes (single user/multiple users)
- FIXED Style and header images while uninstalling.
- ADDED Dialog for when setup.php is found in the right place allowing to delete it or to uninstall KSMAS directly.
- ADDED Block when the foldername (./KSMAS/) has been changed and option to change it back
- ADDED Emulation of Apache's 404 in-bound error output
- ADDED Settings panel for global and personal adjustments at multiple user levels
- FIXED Repeted file(name)s causing failures
- ADDED Detection and automatic management of duplicated files
- ADDED PARTIALLY New header image.
- ADDED Change option from single to multiple users after installation.
- FIXED minor typos and bugs from 0.3
- ADDED Protection from external host's POST streams

There are still some potentil security flaws which IĄm looking forward to manage in the near future.

I've created a new header logo and style for testing. Not that I don't like leo's one, but I thought I could try to make my best designing. This concept will also be used in the homepage of KSMAS on which I'm working right now. It will be in Flash and the UI will be similar to the new image. I won't be able to upload the page until mid-september (hadly any quality FTP acces around here), but it will be on http://ksmas.sf.net.

Btw, I avoided the test period since (a) I can't be on-line that much and debug in realtime (b) and since RC1 is supposed to be the debug version of 1.0. not many changes and additions will be done until that. I prefer releasing something stable and deeply tested.

I've done a couple of screenshots which I will have to attach here (did I mention the FTP resources?). They are 3 so next two follow up in the next posts

[Image: attachment.php?pid=296237]
This is the new setup option where to choose whether to set it to single user or multiple users.
(I noticed the point Ipab posted about and I added the message regarding this issue.)

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 3 Released! (2004-08-13) by KeyStorm on 08-23-2004 at 02:36 PM

[Image: attachment.php?pid=296238]
This is the new look of the manager. You can see there is a new settings panel with the options available for your user level.

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 3 Released! (2004-08-13) by KeyStorm on 08-23-2004 at 02:40 PM

[Image: attachment.php?pid=296241]
The admin panel hasn't changed much, but in the two new frames: Settings and Setup-detection.

Enjoy KSMAS and thank you for using it :)

Download RC1 right from http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?grou...&release_id=262631

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC1 Released! (2004-08-23) by ipab on 08-23-2004 at 03:23 PM

looking good, dl it now (Y)

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC1 Released! (2004-08-23) by Vilkku on 08-23-2004 at 05:27 PM

Bah, my host has PHP but when going to step two it gives me a 404. What's wrong?

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC1 Released! (2004-08-23) by ipab on 08-23-2004 at 05:35 PM

is writing enabled?

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC1 Released! (2004-08-23) by Vilkku on 08-23-2004 at 08:06 PM

yes, I chmoded writing for both the file and the folder

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC1 Released! (2004-08-23) by KeyStorm on 08-28-2004 at 01:25 PM

Vilkku:

Well, I don't see the error, no 404 has been coded into setup.php. The only thing you can get is a blank page when you try to get to step 2 from somewhere else (ie from outside your host). Anyway, please explain yourself a bit better if you found something new out.

All:
I've been debugging a bit and improving oither things. I just discovered an issue reported by toddy when you don't have any images to show, but will be fixed. Among other fixes these are the changes in RC2 by now:

- Settings apply directly after saving them (but the change from single user to multiple which still needs a refresh <= ugh, buggy and exploitable, but safe ;))
- Free slots and close gaps settings did not appear to users in multiple mode, fixed.
- Outsiders POST streams are now blocked safely, but you can still get to KSMAS from a link outside it. (hope it works well now)

And now I'm working on an upgrader for KSMAS, you still have to download the setup file but in the 'Setup Detected' box a new option will appear letting you upgrade to a newer version (only available for upgrades from >RC2 to newer versions).

And that's it by now.

I'm really interested about how it works in tripod and other ads-adding hosts. Since problems may appear with header setting. Please report any iregularity. Thanks! :)

And don't forget to post anything you think KSMAS should include in future versions.

Bye, for now. :wave:

Enjoy your holidays (where applicable :chrongue:)

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC1 Released! (2004-08-23) by Vilkku on 08-29-2004 at 04:11 PM

Well, I don't know what I should tell...

I have the .php file in a folder called "multiavatar". When I go to setup.php (using both Mozilla and IE) it shows this page, normal so far I think.
http://koti.mbnet.fi/vilkku88/page1.JPG

When I click the "Next step" button, it shows a not found on IE and a 404 Path not found on Firefox.

My host has PHP so that shouldn't be the problem. I have CHMODded the folder and the setup.php file to 7777. If you need any more info, I'll be happy to provide it.

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC1 Released! (2004-08-23) by KeyStorm on 08-30-2004 at 12:28 AM

This is wierd, I reckon. If you could attach the source code of that page it would be helpful, too.

I can't think of any other explanation than the setup file being deleted by some mystic reason. Once you can give me the source I'll try to find the bug.

Btw, The setup creates a folder called KSMAS in the place you put the setup.php script, so you don't need to create a special folder for it. Additionally, changing the name of the KSMAS folder is not permitted.

This is all about it. Please, report anything related to this, thank you.

To toddy: It's very probable that the banner causes the script to fail. It depends on the way your host adds the banner to your page. Nonetheless, try to use the username.png acces URL.

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC1 Released! (2004-08-23) by Vilkku on 08-30-2004 at 05:29 AM

You mean the scource of setup.php? Here it is.

EDIT: I think I know what the problem is... The very base folder of my page doesn't have writing enabled, and I don't know how to set it on it, I'm using SmartFTP.

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC1 Released! (2004-08-23) by Vilkku on 08-30-2004 at 04:48 PM

I edited my last post, bumped so that you would notice it... I'm a bad boy, delete this post.

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC1 Released! (2004-08-23) by ipab on 08-30-2004 at 05:04 PM

i think im having the same problems as vikku, (i duno who my host is, but i have a subdomain thanks to lylesback2 (Y)) and i put the setup script in the public_html folder and i get he 404 error since it thinks that my site is www.l2-designs.com not ipab.l2-designs.com, and when i go to the actual link for the 3rd step the link opens up fine but it says it cannot create the files and it deletes itself (not the setup file, assistant.php) :S,

p.s i dont think this is an error with the host not allowing php or w/e cause i installed LDU fine

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC1 Released! (2004-08-23) by KeyStorm on 08-31-2004 at 11:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
You mean the scource of setup.php?

Well, I coded setup.php :P. I actually meant the HTML code that is outputted.

To Ipab, this is usual. After Step 3, no matter if files are created or not the setup file gets deleted.

Anyway, I sadly discovered that there are several bugs not only in the setup script, but in the settings, too. I'm trying to fix it, but I'd suggest you to use Beta 3 for the moment. Please, attach the html sources for any error that appears.

Thanks, again... :$
RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC1 Released! (2004-08-23) by Mike on 09-01-2004 at 07:28 AM

Hrmmm i have the same problem with RC1:
I copy the file to my FTP Server and (Writing, php enabled, no other KSMAS folder) and everything looks fine.
When i go to step 2 i get a blank screen... :(

Looks like i have to use beta 3...

FYI i once installed KSMAS in that ftp server without any problems...

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC1 Released! (2004-08-23) by Vilkku on 09-01-2004 at 02:21 PM

quote:
I catually meant the HTML code that is oputputted.
Say whaaat?
RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC1 Released! (2004-08-23) by KeyStorm on 09-01-2004 at 02:29 PM

Please, could anyone attach the html source code for the first step? It looks like the setup script gets deleted too soon, but I can't see the problem. I'm attaching the preview of setup.php from RC2 (some things don't work yet/might not be tested at all yet). But it should install correctly. I'm testing only locally as I have a very restricted Internet acces (not at home atm) and I can't real-time test it on my Linux server. But theorically this should work on both platforms, right? :-/.

Anyway, here is the working version of say preRC2.

Please, report anythig as you're doing now.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused by this. Thanks.

Edit:

quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
Say whaaat?

Right click on the page > View source code.
RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC1 Released! (2004-08-23) by Mike on 09-01-2004 at 03:22 PM

Hmmmm ok...
I succesfully installed RC1 from another computer in the same host and i was able to upload images and the random script was working too...
Now i should test RC2...

Edit: I tested RC2 and it looks fine...
The only thing that i dont like is the buttons on RC2:

How they look:
[Image: HowTheyLook.PNG]

How they should look:
[Image: HowTheyShouldLook.PNG]

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC1 Released! (2004-08-23) by ipab on 09-01-2004 at 03:37 PM

rc2 still doesnt work with me :S

quote:
Originally posted by Ipab Atokanniv
i put the setup script in the public_html folder and i get he 404 error since it thinks that my site is www.l2-designs.com not ipab.l2-designs.com, and when i go to the actual link for the 3rd step the link opens up fine but it says it cannot create the files and it deletes itself (not the setup file, assistant.php)

same occurence as rc1

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC1 Released! (2004-08-23) by Mike on 09-02-2004 at 06:34 AM

Hmmm i have a question:
In the setup, i selected an administator account.
I added users and all fine..
Now my question:
How can these users login with their password? :-/

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC1 Released! (2004-08-23) by KeyStorm on 09-02-2004 at 02:44 PM

quote:
Hmmmm ok...
I succesfully installed RC1 from another computer in the same host and i was able to upload images and the random script was working too...
Now i should test RC2...

Edit: I tested RC2 and it looks fine...
The only thing that i dont like is the buttons on RC2:

How they look:
[Image: HowTheyLook.PNG]

How they should look:
[Image: HowTheyShouldLook.PNG]

Well, this happens because of the following reason: the input-file shown either by MSIE or FF form element does not seem to accept proper CSS styling, I haven't found out the way to customize them properly to the global layout. Additionally, MSIE renders the buttons using Window's style, so it's rather difficult to make it match any design, as it dependds 100% on the client and not on the software, atm.
In RC2 I added some CSS to the image slots list, so now you can see the text inside the file-inputs is Verdana and not MS sans serif (default) and so on. But many other thinks can't be changed yet (at least I don't really know how, hope someone helps me out with this).

Ipab: assistant.php is just a setup assistant, or setup-bot in order to fix some permission issues. If that gets deleted, there's no problem in using setup.php again (it creates the assistant.php script back and deletes it afterwards).
The weird thing is that it SHOULD delete setu.php, but it doesn't, for onemisterious reason. Are all permissions around properly set to 777 or 766?
Anyway, does everything fail? are folders created?

quote:
Hmmm i have a question:
In the setup, i selected an administator account.
I added users and all fine..
Now my question:
How can these users login with their password?

Lol ;), easy. When you add an user you see in your admin panel a notice with the activation URL for that user. You must pass that URL to the end-user for him or her to activate it setting a password for their account. Once it is activated, the notice disappears from the adminCP and the user can log in normally.
But mind the activation time. When that time passes and the account has not been activated yet, it expires and gets deleted. So you have to create that account again in order to have it activated.
I added yesterday an option to disable expiration for those who want to have activation open undefinitely (what is not really recommended, btw, but nvm).

Now back to the main issue: Is the setup fixed now in RC2 for everyone who downloaded it? (except for Ipab) :^)
RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC1 Released! (2004-08-23) by Mike on 09-02-2004 at 02:57 PM

quote:
Lol ;) , easy. When you add an user you see in your admin panel a notice with the activation URL for that user. You must pass that URL to the end-user for him or her to activate it setting a password for their account. Once it is activated, the notice disappears from the adminCP and the user can log in normally.
But mind the activation time. When that time passes and the account has not been activated yet, it expires and gets deleted. So you have to create that account again in order to have it activated.
I added yesterday an option to disable expiration for those who want to have activation open undefinitely (what is not really recommended, btw, but nvm).
This is what i did:
When the KSMAS setup finished I added an account for myself named "Mike"
I clicked the activation link and typed my password.
I added some pictures and then logged off.
Now if i want to add more pictures, what do i do?
I cant see any login button... :-/

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC1 Released! (2004-08-23) by KeyStorm on 09-07-2004 at 10:47 PM

quote:
I cant see any login button...

There is no login button. Please, read the texts and I'm sure you will understand it. ;)
Edit: I'm still not sure what you mean, but I think following all advises given in KSMAS, you should be able to relog without any difficulties :-/

I just uploaded RC2 to SF.
You may download it here: https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?gro...&release_id=266355

The changelog is:
v1.0 RC2:
- FIXED Settings apply immediately after saving them
- FIXED Free Slots and Close Gaps for single user
- IMPROVED Evil POST streams protection and outside access to KSMAS
- IMPROVED Texts
- ADDED Upgrader to setup script
- FIXED 404 on single user image showing
- ADDED Footer
- FIXED Compatibility issue that blocked usage and prompted 'Not Found' errors on PHP<5 (misdocumentation

of PHP)
- PHP version requirement changed to PHP v4.20
RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by Chestah on 09-11-2004 at 09:30 AM

Keystorm i downloaded your script and deleted my old KSMAS installation, but it won't let me install RC2 version :(
I says "next step 2 of 3" and when i click on it, it just refreshes the page :(!! can you help me please as i really want to get this to work seeing as i just deleted my old installation :P
Chestah

EDIT: btw it doesn't even start on step 1, as soon as i run the php file on my server then it is on step 2 :(

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by KeyStorm on 09-11-2004 at 02:17 PM

Oh, jesus, why does this suddently keep from working, it's not a very complicated setup script... :-/

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by Chestah on 09-11-2004 at 10:51 PM

yeah lol sorry to ruin it for you keystorm :P
EDIT: I also moved the file into a different directory to see if it would work but the same thing occurs. I thought it might have affected it sumhow cause i just deleted the KSMAS 0.3 i had before, but nope :(
EDIT 2: lol forget about the starting on step 2, it is actually on step 1, i am just unbelievably stupid, i even amaze myself :| but hey it was like 9.30 at night

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by KeyStorm on 09-11-2004 at 10:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chestah007
yeah lol sorry to ruin it for you keystorm :P

Trust me, debugging is one of the most depresing tasks of a programmer :(.

I seemed to find some potential bugs in the code that would avoid, for example, to get to step 2 or to get to assistant.php once the setup script is ready to work. But I've experienced some issues using subdomains, as I posted in PHP and subdomains.

However, on my server safe mode is enabled, so it's kindof expectable that things don't work how they should. By now, RC3 should be released soon, although that problem might not be solved. I want you to test it and report any problems with it. And, btw, I prefer you post here than PMing me. Don't do it unless you have some sensible information to provide.

And again, sincerely thanks for reporting malfunctions.

Again, I'll probably post a preRC3 later like last time to see if it works. Lemme do some debug-tests first.
RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by Chestah on 09-11-2004 at 11:06 PM

thanks Keystorm :) damn, i'm actually going to start programming next year, learning mainly .net languages. Debugging sounds really long and tedious :|!! Oh well i'm sure the finished debugged end result will be worth it :D esp. KSMAS :)!! I hope you get it finished soon! BTW yeah i am on a subdomain, but 0.3 worked for me :S!
take your time on RC3 keystorm to make sure its the best :P
Chestah

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by KeyStorm on 09-11-2004 at 11:23 PM

If 0.3 worked, It's very likely that RC3 also works. I had added a couple of security protections that seemed to avoid instalating in some conditions. And that's maybe what is happening to you.

And thanks for your encouragement :)

Er, well, this is preRC3. As you know some things tha I have added may be incomplete or not work at all.

This is not recommended for people currently using RC2, although you should be able to upgrade KSMAS using this setup script. This is just a preview to test that the fixes in the setup script work.

You will notice the new memory limiter, use it at your own risk and, what's more important, do not relay on it. It's not finished yet. It won't ruin your server, but it could ruin your configuration file and your rotating avatar, so don't touch it, for the moment.

Just another little thing. This version is supposed to be only for testing. Its is not recommended to keep it and you should upgrade to RC3 as soon as it appears.

All further blablabla is rather irrelevant: Use it at your own risk ;)
RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by Chestah on 09-11-2004 at 11:26 PM

thankyou Keystorm :D, i will try it out now :P and will get to you on further details (e.g if its working ;))
Chestah :D
P.s thanks for replying to me so fast :O

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by Chestah on 09-11-2004 at 11:33 PM

ok well here are my results (I thought this deserved a new post :P)
Exactly the same as before Keystorm :(
When i click on the button to go to step 2, it just refreshes the step 1 page with exactly the same content.
:( hopefully u find out the problem of this later  :(
anyways goodwork so far keystorm, i can't wait till it can support sub-domains :)
Chestah
EDIT: where did your post go Keystorm =/ lol i got an email saying u posted and then it dissapeared :P unless u deleted it :P anyways yeah i hope you do get some sleep :S I think you've worked hard enough already man! go have a nice refreshment and go to sleep :)

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by KeyStorm on 09-11-2004 at 11:36 PM

Aw, sorry. :-/

Could you please attach the HTML source code for that step, it could have important information for debugging?

You could also give me the URL to the setup script per PM so I can test it myself. Is that possible?

Thanks, Chestah.

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by Chestah on 09-11-2004 at 11:39 PM

yeah thats fine, i'll pm now or do u have msn or sumthing (stupid question considering this forum is about msn stuff)? anyways i'll pm you with the site and my pass if you really wanna do more testing, doesn't bother me :P
Chestah

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by KeyStorm on 09-11-2004 at 11:52 PM

Thanks, Chestah. You don't really need to give me your account info.

However, I'm afraid to say this is everytime more similar to X-Files.

Why?

I'm getting to Step 2 :-/

As it could be a local issue, I tried Firefox 0.9.3 and MSIE6 SP1 and both are working. No cookies and no cache is created by the setup script, so nothing of that can cause it...

I'll stay in contact with you tomorrow, although, you'll have to get up as soon as today or we won't meet each other :S

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by Chestah on 09-11-2004 at 11:55 PM

I got exams tomorrow Keystorm so unfortunately i won't beable to come on :S except for at night-time which atm it is 10.00AM for me, so you probably won't be on :S!!
I don't get it :S It works for you, but not for me :S
How the hell is that possible :P, oh well, i'll clear my cache etc. and try it on my mums computer
Talk to you later Keystorm :)
If you want u can add me on msn chestah@gmail.com
Hopefully you'll be on when i am sumtime :s
Chestah

EDIT: I've tested it on my mums computer which has never been to my site before so no cache or anything (her computer is networked with mine and share the same ADSL connection) and hers does exactly the same as mine. I tried it with both browsers Firefox 0.9.3 & IESP2. All it seems to do is refresh the image at the top of step one. It actually says sumthing like downloading setup.php?img=(sumthing) on the bottom bar in both browsers. Strange how u can do it and i can't. hmm i might have a try at school tomorrow, anyways thanks for your help Keystorm and goodluck :)

EDIT2: arhh no cache and cookies hmm well that just makes it more tricky for you to solve seeing as its server-side =/

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by Mike on 09-14-2004 at 02:23 PM

Just a quick question:
I have many pictures that i want to upload (196 actually).
Can I upload them with FTP then change something in ksmas so it include those 196 pictures in the random image?

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by KeyStorm on 09-14-2004 at 04:46 PM

Hrm, I've been thinking of several methods of massuploading, but I still have to think more about it.

If you want to do it the bad way you can upload them to your folder (let's call it 'Mike') then open 'include/config.inc.php.

If the user is new, there you'll see a line with

code:
"Mike" => array ( [...] )

You have to change that using your preferred code editor adding:

code:
"Mike" => array (
   "images" => array(
       "image1.jpg",
       "image2.jpg",
       "image3.jpg",
       "image196.jpg"
    ),
[...]
)

That should be adding them properly to KSMAS. If you're using RC3, you should pay attention to the memory limits (if you set any). This method does not override its memory checks.

I'm sorry there's no other way, but it's not thought to be atm.
(btw, be careful with the number of images uploaded, don't let them exceed 1000, or KSMAS could act unexpectedly)
RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by Ezra on 09-14-2004 at 06:51 PM

I've got a little question... I can't seem to login :S. When i go to ../KSMAS/index.php. It asks for a username and an password, but it just keeps asking it, and after three times it says I have to reload to try again.

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by KeyStorm on 09-14-2004 at 07:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
I've got a little question... I can't seem to login :S. When i go to ../KSMAS/index.php. It asks for a username and an password, but it just keeps asking it, and after three times it says I have to reload to try again.
Please I need to know the version and the instalation mode (or if you switched from single to multiple).
In the past I have also experienced such things. You may also send me  the contents of include/config.inc.php for me to take a look at it.

Additionally, if you want to change your password manually (well, there's no other way to achieve it :P) is opening your config.inc.php and edit the ['pw'] or the ['admin_pw'] keys in the list.

To do it set them to

code:
['admin_pw'] => md5('Your password here')

The next time something is changed to it from KSMAS (like setting or upload). The password will get encrypted automatically (well, let's better call it hashed :P).
RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by Ezra on 09-14-2004 at 07:43 PM

The version is v1 RC 2 and Multi User, I don't know what username I have to use to get into the Admin CP, but I also made an user but I can't login to that one too :S.

I'll P.M you my config.inc.php

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by KeyStorm on 09-14-2004 at 07:51 PM

You don't need to type a username for accessing the admin zone (again). Lathough, whatever you typed is ignored, asl long as no other user has the same pw.

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by Ezra on 09-14-2004 at 07:55 PM

And if a user has te same password? Could this maybe explain why I can't login? Because the Admin CP and my User have the same pass.

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by KeyStorm on 09-14-2004 at 08:00 PM

Nope, I use this usually when testing (my simple one-way mind doesn't support more than one pw for testing). This is how it works.
admin pw: 1234
Test_User pw: 1234

if you log in with [] (blank username) [1234] you'll log in as admin.
if you log in with [Test_User] [1234] you'll log in as Test_User.
if you log in with [Yo mama] [1234] you'll log in as admin.

Yeah, not quite safe, but hey, who's gonna have the same pass as you and mistype the username? :P

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by Ezra on 09-14-2004 at 08:15 PM

Allright... But I still can't login :S. I really don't know what I'm doing wrong :(

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by Mike on 09-15-2004 at 09:37 AM

quote:
Nope, I use this usually when testing (my simple one-way mind doesn't support more than one pw for testing). This is how it works.
admin pw: 1234
Test_User pw: 1234

if you log in with [] (blank username) [1234] you'll log in as admin.
if you log in with [Test_User] [1234] you'll log in as Test_User.
if you log in with [Yo mama] [1234] you'll log in as admin.

Yeah, not quite safe, but hey, who's gonna have the same pass as you and mistype the username? :P
Ahhh so thats how you log in with multiple users!
I thought that there was a diffrent login window...?

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by Chestah on 09-15-2004 at 10:13 AM

lol safe enough =P us stupid people need some method of getting into our account if we lose a password :P I spose you could incorporate something where if the user forgets there password a few times it asks if they want it sent to them in an email, then when u create a user account you associate it with a email address :P! anyways i'll never forget my pass ;) its just that good :P
Chestah
Good luck with the debugging keystorm :)

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by KeyStorm on 09-15-2004 at 10:25 AM

Yeah, well, I've thought about this a couple of times, but, as it is an Apache log-in it's rather difficult to inbuild password reminder or password changer (the question is where?)

However, you can change it manually, like I told Ezra in a PM, but I don't like much people playing around qieth the config files, and that would only be useful for admins, and not for the rest of users.

But I souldn't like other people to flood users or admikns with e-mail reminders, so... meh, that's a thing that needs some time... :-/

I'll go on fixing the setup today, tho. :P

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by RebelSean on 09-16-2004 at 02:21 AM

Keystorm, I was trying to uninstall this thing and I did EVERYTHING correctly and it says:

Warning: unlink(./KSMAS/index.php): Permission denied in /home/kao/public_html/rebelsean/sig/hop.php(631) : eval()'d code on line 57

Warning: unlink(./KSMAS/97f014516561ef487ec368d6158eb3f4.inc.php): Permission denied in /home/kao/public_html/rebelsean/sig/hop.php(631) : eval()'d code on line 57

Warning: unlink(./KSMAS/log.inc.php): Permission denied in /home/kao/public_html/rebelsean/sig/hop.php(631) : eval()'d code on line 57

When I try and uninstall Any help?

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by Pr0xY on 09-16-2004 at 03:11 AM

Well I've finally decided to try out this thingy,  and it seems very useful.  Although I wont use it on this forum, it will be of some use to me on others, thanks KeyStorm...

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by banky on 09-16-2004 at 03:22 AM

i cant get the setup.php to work it wont let me make the account thing cuz i try putting the 2 p.ws in and it says that they dont match or they are invalid or something lyke that

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by KeyStorm on 09-16-2004 at 07:14 PM

Well, I'm kindof rewriting the setupscript, when it's ready I'll let you test. But I need people testing fast, it doesn't help that results come after... two weeks :-/

I'll PM some of you when I need your help.

Btw, I'll take a loot at the uninstaller, I could need some fixes. Sean: what are the FTP file permission modes of any KSMAS file on your server? (the chmod values)

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by RebelSean on 09-16-2004 at 08:01 PM

In the /sig/ksmas ?? Or in /sig were the ksmas thing is??

755? And btw, I installed 2 of them on accident..Both are 755 tho..

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by Moo on 09-16-2004 at 08:05 PM

quote:
Well, I'm kindof rewriting the setupscript, when it's ready I'll let you test. But I need people testing fast, it doesn't help that results come after... two weeks :-/

I'll PM some of you when I need your help.

Btw, I'll take a loot at the uninstaller, I could need some fixes. Sean: what are the FTP file permission modes of any KSMAS file on your server? (the chmod values)
Ill help you test...
RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by KeyStorm on 09-16-2004 at 08:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sean
755? And btw, I installed 2 of them on accident..Both are 755 tho..

ok, that means only php could delete them. A couple of changes should make it work. ;)

I'll prolly override the password protection for the uninstaller in order to make it available for other versions >0.2
RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by RebelSean on 09-16-2004 at 08:10 PM

Please PM me when you get it for me to delete :p...

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by Chestah on 09-16-2004 at 08:27 PM

lol Keystorm :P add me to your list, i'll help you work out some of those bugs :P!!! o yeah people with Norton Internet Security, if the script isn't working, and it seems just to be refreshing the first step page, then disable Norton and retry :)
Chestah

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by KeyStorm on 09-16-2004 at 08:30 PM

quote:
then disable Norton and retry

So true... :-/

I'll PM you when it's ready. Btw, don't reply to my PMs as long as it's not necessary (sensible information, e-mail addresses, etc).
My inbox is full and I can't bother cleaning it up, so please, post here :P
RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by RebelSean on 09-16-2004 at 08:38 PM

k....no problem. I just want to get it off...:p..Since you host my ksmas avatar now..:d

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by KeyStorm on 09-20-2004 at 10:43 PM

Two news:

First: I just upgraded to RC3 on keystorm.net/KSMAS. If your avatar is stored there you can take a loot at the new interface and the settings.

Second: I need you to test pre2RC3 setup script. I added the alternate 'old' setup method you can access through ".../setup.php?alt_setup=1". In the case files can't be created a link will point you there to try to install it again. If the setup doesn't work at all (returning 500 errors, intern malfunction), you can try that URL from the beginning.

It still causes some problems if PHP's save mode is on, but it should work in most cases. Please, test it as much as you can (mainly the setup).

Oh, and btw, please, only use my hosted running KSMAS (keystorm.net/KSMAS) for this board or I will have to check in countermeasures, that can start from blocking sites and end up deleting accounts

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by RebelSean on 09-20-2004 at 10:49 PM

The new interface is awesome man....I love it, specialy the log...It's tight man...Also, Yes I am going to admit, I used your hosted avatar on ONE other forum, which I took it off there...Sorry didnt know you wanted us not to...Also what about the uninstall script ^o)

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by KeyStorm on 09-20-2004 at 10:59 PM

quote:
Sorry didnt know you wanted us not to
Forgot to say it before, that's why I mention it now. I can't abuse of my bw, since it's not my space.

Please, test it on your own, too.

About the uninstaller... I'll try to make a simple one, that should work, but I can't guarantee you anything. :-/

In the worst of the cases, contact your server admin and tell them to remove that folder.

Fyi, newer versions of KSMAS don't get blocked and can be removed manually by FTP (making the designed uninstaller almost useless.
RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by RebelSean on 09-20-2004 at 10:59 PM

youc an use the one HE hosts on HIS site ONLY on the forums, not on ANY-OTHER-SITE...:p

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by KeyStorm on 09-20-2004 at 11:01 PM

Btw, you can use the upgrader, just upload the setup script outside the KSMAS folder and log in as admin. :)

quote:
youc an use the one HE hosts on HIS site ONLY on the forums, not on ANY-OTHER-SITE...:p
That's it, thanks :)
RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by RebelSean on 09-20-2004 at 11:04 PM

You mind linking me to get that plz since your sig no longer has t the links :rolleyes:

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by KeyStorm on 09-20-2004 at 11:06 PM

it was attached above... :dodgy:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/attachment.php?pid=310535

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by Chrono on 09-20-2004 at 11:12 PM

quote:

My inbox is full and I can't bother cleaning it up, so please, post here 
why? its easy :P And u can save ur old PMs so u dont lose them :)
RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by ipab on 09-21-2004 at 12:13 AM

sorry keystorm, i was away yesterday most of the time, are u still loking for testers

if u are count me in ;)

\\EDIT//
just downloaded the setup file and tried installing it on a subdomain and a LOT of errors come up, i attached the source of the page

Sorry Keystorm, was a little hasty in responding,

didnt notice the 'setup.php?alt_setup=1' part, i will take a look,thanks for the quick response

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by KeyStorm on 09-21-2004 at 06:48 AM

would you mind to read this line?

quote:
Originally posted by setup
An alternative setup has been created for cases like yours. You may want to <a href='setup.php?alt_setup=1'>try it now</a>

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by Chestah on 09-21-2004 at 06:51 AM

keystorm you know how dismorning i said it worked to install it?
well lol after you click finish with the alternate setup, it comes up with the error it always comes up with and then when i go to access the script index.php it says the file on the server doesn't exist :P your error message thingy :(

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by KeyStorm on 09-21-2004 at 07:00 AM

quote:
it says the file on the server doesn't exist :P your error message thingy :(
Is it installed on your server, can you see if in FTP?

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by Chestah on 09-21-2004 at 07:05 AM

yeah i can see it in my ftp =/ its a 500 internal error message
Ps sorry i took so long to reply my power got tripped twice while all of my computers were on :| and the 2nd time was just after i turned them all back on. grr mum :dodgy:
EDIT: talk on msn...

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by KeyStorm on 09-21-2004 at 07:09 AM

No, I gtg. But it looks your server doesn't like KSMAS, that 500 looks very spooky. It's not a fake 'File not found'. :-/

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by Chestah on 09-21-2004 at 07:11 AM

:S! i have no idea, lol http://chestah.000k.net/content/ksmas/

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by ipab on 09-21-2004 at 07:42 AM

quote:
would you mind to read this line?

quote:

Originally posted by setup
An alternative setup has been created for cases like yours. You may want to <a href='setup.php?alt_setup=1'>try it now</a>

tried it and i get a blaring errors
only thing that it managed to do was create a folder called KSMAS, everything else failed

P.S. me likey the nu interface (Y), its realli good (just checked it out on your server), i especially like the allocation of space for each user

I dunno if u implemented this, if u did ignore this:

Please put in a default space allocation and allow for change customly per user, just my 2 cents, thanks
RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by Chestah on 09-21-2004 at 07:46 AM

hmm every step on mine passes except when i click on finish then it comes up the 500 internal error, then in my ftp the file is shown as being there but when i try to access it, it reckons its not there, the permissions of the file are 777 =/

EDIT: Not Found
The requested URL /content/ksmas/index.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.31 Server at www.chestah.000k.net Port 80

thats the error i get, its not a 500 =/ hmm i think after i clicked on finish i got the 500 error...
BTW if your having trouble even getting to the 2nd step and it appears the page is reloading then if you have Norton Antivirus Disable it!! then try! It should then get past that step
Chestah :D :banana: :dodgy:

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by KeyStorm on 09-21-2004 at 12:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ipab Atokanniv
I dunno if u implemented this, if u did ignore this:

Please put in a default space allocation and allow for change customly per user, just my 2 cents, thanks

On my mind = yet to come.

Chestah, try to install BETA3 again to see if that works well.

Ipab, you seem to have save mode activated, as I see the KSmAS folder could be created, but not its contents... go figure :-/

I'll let it check more deeply in the step 1, this is the only way I can do that.

(well, this or trying to play with tarballs... :rolleyes:)

Oh, and I should make a package release (like a zip with all files) and a little installer for configuring a couple of thinguies.

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by RebelSean on 09-21-2004 at 01:01 PM

KeyStorm, I contacted my server admin, Kao, and he said he can't remove it either...How am I soposed to get this thing off?

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by KeyStorm on 09-21-2004 at 01:13 PM

Lol, Kao's not the server admin, he only owns a reseller account, but he can't log in as root. :refuck:

I'll see what I can do. If you give me your FTP access data it will be much easier for both.

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by Chestah on 09-25-2004 at 04:50 AM

Keystorm when you create the zip file please tell me :D as i really want to use ksmas! good work so far for helping to iron out the problems :)
Chestah :D

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by paperless on 09-25-2004 at 06:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
Allright... But I still can't login :S. I really don't know what I'm doing wrong :(
i Cant login also tried hree ways:

Single user
Admin
A multiple user

None of them work to log in!
RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by Smethead on 10-13-2004 at 04:23 PM

I have the same problem. I enter my password and my browser keeps asking for it. :dodgy:

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by KeyStorm on 10-13-2004 at 04:58 PM

Well, yeah, Smethead reminded me of posting a couple of things here.

I haven't worked at all in the last 2 weeks in KSMAS. Why? Improving it makes it much more buggy. So there will be a couple of major considerations:

• Authentification will be again done using a HTML site. This shouldnĄt solve the problems with authentification issues, but at least we would avoid the prompts when someone sets the avatar URL wrongly (happened to me several times).

• No more images here and there, no more permission problems. KSMAS goes MySQL. :)

• Setup will no longer be all-in-one-wonder script. That has caused too many problems and can't be continued. Instead you will have to unzip all the files to your server and run the configuration script in order to set up some things like the MySQL configuration and a couple of other vital settings.

• I will need all the help I can get, so if you are experienced in PHP and MySQL you can contact me and join the developers.

I can't give you any release date, but I'll try to post any news here, as soon as they exist. :P

Thanks once again for your support.
RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by Smethead on 10-13-2004 at 06:21 PM

sounds great, i hope it's done before February :P
I can't code very good, so all i can say is: "good luck" (y)

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by ipab on 10-14-2004 at 05:35 AM

i cant code in mysql if my life depended on it :(

but i am a picky and good tester so if u are looking for sum u kno where to find me :D

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by Chestah on 10-14-2004 at 07:38 AM

lol you know me Keystorm :)
i'll help you in testing as usual :P

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by k776 on 10-14-2004 at 08:05 AM

Yes, I am willing to help beta test and I know some php/mySQL but not a lot.

The new features sound great. I cant wait for RC3.

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by -dt- on 10-14-2004 at 09:46 AM

keystorm im pretty handy in php and mysql just look at my sigs source code (click on my sig then theres a link saying veiw source) so if u need anyhelp just contact me at darktempler@gmail.com

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by k776 on 10-17-2004 at 07:23 PM

any progress yet??

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by banky on 10-18-2004 at 12:58 AM

Ill help to if you need it keystorm since i helped you last time :D

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by k776 on 11-04-2004 at 03:56 AM

Any progress?? I really want RC3 :P

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by ipab on 11-04-2004 at 04:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by k776
Any progress?? I really want RC3 

last time i talked to him, he told me that he was realli busy with his job and all and that he hasnt been getting much time to work on KSMAS so he said that it will take quite a bit of time before anything nu is released
RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by k776 on 11-04-2004 at 04:07 AM

stink :( Well, the project is Gpl or whatever isn't it?? Someone else take over and add to it??

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by KeyStorm on 11-04-2004 at 02:19 PM

quote:
I can't give you any release date, but I'll try to post any news here, as soon as they exist.

k776, was this sentence not clear enough?

I have many things to do and yes, I'm working on KSMAS lately, but there's nothing new apart from what I said. And no doubt I'll go on.
RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by KeyStorm on 12-08-2004 at 08:22 PM

Well, after some idleness, I'd like to show off a bit what's being done here.

I'm successfully porting the whole thing to mySQL as I said. I had been suggested this some time ago by some anonimous people from SF. At the beginning I really rejected it, but after thinging a while about the dis/advantages, I thought it could work very well in mySQL and it would save some file-permission-server-related-hazzle.

Until now I have built a futuristic mySQL structure (just futuristic, because some fields in the table won't be used yet) and made a vaste mySQL class (indeed my first home-made class in PHP, so it took a while :P).

The only part I have completely rebuilt and ported already... is the login page :(

[Image: attachment.php?pid=345150]

Well, it includes a part of the new style of it, and the new footer I'm proud of. :rolleyes:.

As you can see in the screenshot, I still don't know what version number I'll give it. :P
Too much rewritten to call it RC3, but very little different in features to jump to KSMAS 2 series. So suggestions are kindly accepted. :grin:

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by Anio_pke on 12-13-2004 at 08:01 PM

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, xxx@xxx.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

what happens??

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by fluffy_lobster on 12-13-2004 at 09:13 PM

How about 1.1, or 1.5 or something?

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by Chestah on 12-13-2004 at 09:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by fluffy_lobster
How about 1.1, or 1.5 or something?

yeah but keystorm is it out of  beta yet? maybe 1.3 Beta
RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by KeyStorm on 12-13-2004 at 11:07 PM

The new verison will be far more stable and reliable. No more 500-errors and no more problems with authentication. (hopefully ^_^)

So there would be a little beta stage, when it gets feature-complete in mySQL. And then developement should go on as usual.

I remind you I'm porting all current features to work in mySQL instead of using the filesys)

Well, I'm having some problems with uploading files atm, but nothing's impossible :P

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by Chestah on 12-14-2004 at 03:24 AM

i bags being a beta tester :banana:

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by .blade// on 12-17-2004 at 09:00 PM

I'm having problems installing it :P I wanted to try it out, so I decided to set it up on my webspace (which does have PHP, not sure the version though so that might be it). I enter what password I want, hit the next step button and get the following message:

Edit: PHP version is 4.3.9 :-/

quote:
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, wwwadmin@toastednet.org and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by L. Coyote on 12-17-2004 at 09:06 PM

Did you try using <? phpinfo(); ?>  or <?=phpversion();?> ??

That way you can check what version you have and if it's the version the script needs.

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by Chestah on 12-17-2004 at 09:52 PM

just wait Blade until he releases the new one :)

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by .blade// on 12-17-2004 at 10:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by UglyBoy

That way you can check what version you have and if it's the version the script needs.

Use my forums to figure it out :P (just noticed the bottom corner php info thing). PHP version is 4.3.9 :-/

quote:
Originally posted by Chestah

I don't think the version of KSMAS has anything to do with it :-/
RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by Chestah on 12-17-2004 at 10:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blade
quote:
Originally posted by UglyBoy

Use my forums to figure it out :P (just noticed the bottom corner php info thing). PHP version is 4.3.9 :-/

quote:

I don't think the version of KSMAS has anything to do with it :-/

oh well of course a new version being developed has nothing to do with the old version not working :P! But the old version had alot of bugs, infact it worked on one of my servers, then i upgraded onto a new one and it wouldn't work at all, got the same error as you and some 500 errors as well!
RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by Chestah on 02-05-2005 at 02:20 AM

Sorry for double posting :P in advance!
Hows it going keystorm :)?
I'm still very interested in this project! :)

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by paperless on 02-05-2005 at 02:32 AM

quote:
Sorry for double posting :P in advance!
Hows it going keystorm :)?
I'm still very interested in this project! :)

its going to be called chameleon
RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by Chestah on 02-05-2005 at 02:53 AM

O_o nice! i'll have to talk to keystorm about it next times hes on msn ;)

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by spokes on 02-24-2005 at 04:50 PM

i can't wait, how long do you think it will be?

RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08) by blackjack on 02-26-2005 at 07:24 AM

Just be patient, its done when its done :P he is busy making other kind of things too.. and implementing other options to Ksmas (cbc) whatever you want to call it :P

RE: [CBC] Chameleon Board Companion (formerly KSMAS) Community board release (2005-04-25) by KeyStorm on 04-26-2005 at 12:01 PM

I recently installed a new board on my server to have a place to discuss several things related to Chameleon, post news, bugs, ask people to join beta's, translate, etc. You are welcome to join the community. :)
You can access it at http://chameleon.keystorm.net/community
Note: The board software is myBB 1.0 PR 1 and might have some bugs. Please be patient if you find any, but better plese report them to the Forum & Website forum. Thanks :)

Edit: bump :P

RE: [CBC] Chameleon Board Companion (formerly KSMAS) Community board release (2005-04-25) by Chestah on 04-27-2005 at 05:13 AM

Signed up already, can't wait till this is released :) keep up the good work keystorm :P

KSMAS installation help! Thanks :) by .Roy on 11-22-2005 at 01:00 PM

Well, lets say I can't add writing permissions to my site MAIN folder. ( I can for the setup.php) So basically the Setup.php cant add the other files needed to make the script whole.

So anyone know where i can get the seperate php files for KSMAS without setup.php automatically installing it? like assistant.php and stuff :)

Thanks.

KSMAS problem? Can anyone help? by .Roy on 11-25-2005 at 12:55 PM

The reason I didnt post this in the KSMAS forum its because its dead, and I dought Keystorm would look there. Anyway Everytime i get to step 2, and I type two identical passwords I get :

Your provided passwords didn't match or were not valid. Please try again.
(permitted length goes from 4 to 10 alphanumerical characters)

RE: KSMAS problem? Can anyone help? by CookieRevised on 11-25-2005 at 03:25 PM

Please stick/refer to the already many existing threads:
  [CBC] Chameleon Board Companion (formerly KSMAS) Community board release (2005-04-25)
  KSMAS for cycling images on a website
  Can any one upload and help me with KSMAS?
  i keep getting an error....
  Help With KSMAS, Please
  Can't Install KSMAS

Always search forums first!
(I thought you already knew that as a "posting freak" with +1400 posts though)

A search would also have revealed the "new" forum for KSMAS:
  [CBC] Chameleon Board Companion (formerly KSMAS) Community board release (2005-04-25)
  What happened to KSMAS?
  Were to get KSMAS?

For all help regarding KSMAS:
http://chameleon.keystorm.net/community/

posts merged from another thread

RE: KSMAS installation help! Thanks :) by brian on 11-25-2005 at 05:12 PM

I don't think that is possible, you better off create a new directory, then add writing permissions for the directory. (and upload KSMAS in it.).

RE: KSMAS installation help! Thanks :) by .Roy on 11-25-2005 at 05:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by nvez
I don't think that is possible, you better off create a new directory, then add writing permissions for the directory. (and upload KSMAS in it.).
I know how to install it, i did it before, but my hosting wont let me install it for some reason, i get stuck when it says enter password....

So i want the seperate files installed and i can fill in the gaps where it says username and password in the php file.

RE: KSMAS installation help! Thanks :) by brian on 11-25-2005 at 05:46 PM

Same happened to me too at the "Enter Password" part, plus it was hosted on a dedicated server when I tried it, so blah.

RE: [CBC] Chameleon Board Companion (formerly KSMAS) Community board release (2005-04 by KeyStorm on 11-28-2005 at 06:06 PM

There is a sort of encoding problem with the passwords, so the one that's stored may not be exactly the one that's typed. I haven't been able to find the actual bug in that, but I didn't really care, because I was rewriting the hole thing back again.

As for the inactivity, it's true, I haven't been doing anything to the code for the last months. this is mainly because of work and college have taken priority over it and the project the way I re-targetted it overwhelmed my skills and sort of demotivated me. I try to make it perfect from the beginning and that's morally expensive. :P

I'm sorry, I hope I get my hands back on it soon. :)

RE: [CBC] Chameleon Board Companion (formerly KSMAS) Community board release (2005-04-25) by John Anderton on 11-28-2005 at 06:17 PM

quote:
I recently installed a new board on my server to have a place to discuss several things related to Chameleon, post news, bugs, ask people to join beta's, translate, etc. You are welcome to join the community.

Yay .... ks your back :cheesy:
Last i heard the work on CBC had been halted for some time ??
Whats the status now ??
RE: [CBC] Chameleon Board Companion (formerly KSMAS) Community board release (2005-04-25) by Chestah on 11-28-2005 at 07:39 PM

Awesome Keystorm :), goodluck with college :P

RE: [CBC] Chameleon Board Companion (formerly KSMAS) Community board release (2005-04-25) by Jhrono on 11-28-2005 at 08:07 PM

worray KS :D, i'm still here to make the translation to portuguese :P..Gonçalo F.  too i guess :P

RE: RE: [CBC] Chameleon Board Companion (formerly KSMAS) Community board release (200 by nimd4 on 01-08-2006 at 01:01 AM

Still watching and waiting for this project. The password "bug" is a bummer, not being able to install KSMAS on many server configurations :( This is just a friendly bump :D Ah, and a happy New Year to everyone~!

RE: [CBC] Chameleon Board Companion (formerly KSMAS) Community board release (2005-04-25) by NiteMare on 01-08-2006 at 02:27 AM

true, i've been waiting for this for a while

RE: [CBC] Chameleon Board Companion (formerly KSMAS) Community board release (2005-04-25) by .Roy on 11-06-2006 at 03:39 PM

Updates o.O?

RE: [CBC] Chameleon Board Companion (formerly KSMAS) Community board release (2005-04-25) by user27089 on 11-06-2006 at 04:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by .Roy
Updates o.O?

It's pretty obvious that keystorm is no longer active on the forum, so as for updates, I don't think so. Which is a shame, it was a great tool.