Shoutbox

Boss Protection Bug - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Boss Protection Bug (/showthread.php?tid=25126)

Boss Protection Bug by Concord Dawn on 05-11-2004 at 05:43 PM

I'm back!

Anyways, to make up for my :spam: I have a bug to report.

If someone sends you a file while you are in Boss Protection, you will not be able to see the progress dialog or a preview (picture) or icon (program or file).

Windows XP Service Pack 2 Public Beta
Windows X - MSN 6.1.0211
Messenger Plus! 2.54.0075

RE: Boss Protection Bug by Choli on 05-11-2004 at 05:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by chaos_grenade
If someone sends you a file while you are in Boss Protection, you will not be able to see the progress dialog or a preview (picture) or icon (program or file).
that isn't a bug, but the desired behaviour. If you're in boss protection that's because your boss is behind you looking at your screen and you don't want he notices you're using messenger. If, i that moment, someone sends you a file and a window pops up asking you to accept it, your boss will see it.
RE: Boss Protection Bug by .blade// on 05-11-2004 at 05:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli

that isn't a bug, but the desired behaviour. If you're in boss protection that's because your boss is behind you looking at your screen and you don't want he notices you're using messenger. If, i that moment, someone sends you a file and a window pops up asking you to accept it, your boss will see it.

Yes, but  a suggestion: There should be an option to keep ur current status (e.g., playing games). That's kind of a bug, ur status becomes set to "busy"...it should only do that if u "online".
RE: Boss Protection Bug by Choli on 05-11-2004 at 05:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gigablade77
Yes, but  a suggestion: There should be an option to keep ur current status (e.g., playing games). That's kind of a bug, ur status becomes set to "busy"...it should only do that if u "online".
I don't get you. If you want to hide your messenger (all the windows of messenger) just use the boss protection mode. If you want to have a personalised status, select it at the presonalised status window.

RE: RE: Boss Protection Bug by Tarry on 05-11-2004 at 06:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
I don't get you. If you want to hide your messenger (all the windows of messenger) just use the boss protection mode. If you want to have a personalised status, select it at the presonalised status window.

Yep, but perhaps he's talking about using the boss protection AND keeping the status you had before using the boss protection, for example, if you're using the personalised status "At Work" and you active the boss protection the program should not change your status to "Busy" but keep it "At Work".

(I don't think it's a bug, just an improvement :P)
RE: Boss Protection Bug by Ezra on 05-11-2004 at 06:12 PM

Just set the Boss Protection to At Work, and when your status is At work it will stay at At Work ;)

[offtopic] I noticed a lot of At Work in my post :tongue: [/offtopic]

But it would be handy if this was possible...

RE: Boss Protection Bug by Choli on 05-11-2004 at 06:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Tarry
I don't think it's a bug, just an improvement
oh, i see now, and agree, that'd be an improvment, not a bug ('cause you've configured boss protection to change the status, as it does :P)