Shoutbox

Stairway to Heaven...scary - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Stairway to Heaven...scary (/showthread.php?tid=25205)

Stairway to Heaven...scary by .blade// on 05-13-2004 at 03:51 AM

Well my friend showed me this a while back, but I thought I'd show u ppl...it's prety scary :S

First, listen to the clip of stairway to heaven at the link below forwards, then backwards (does it automatically for you on the flash file I link to below).

You can see the lyrics for both directions there...plz tell me what u think :dodgy:

Listen to Stairway to Heaven (both directions) here

Scary, huh?

This is real, and un-edited...you can do it yourself with a copy of Stairway to heaven if you want....

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by Joe on 05-13-2004 at 03:55 AM

!!!:O:O:OTHAT'S FREAKY:O:O:O!!!

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by ddunk on 05-13-2004 at 04:23 AM

Went through wth my own copy of OtsTurntables and Stairway to Heaven, I could only catch a few of the words... but it still kinda worked. :dodgy:

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by Sk3tch on 05-13-2004 at 04:48 AM

blah..

I just think this is someone with a lot of time on their hands and a wild imagination.. yes the words "kind-of" sounds like some Satan worship crap.. :rolleyes:   but c'mon..

anyway.. its still kinda funny :P

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by .blade// on 05-13-2004 at 04:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Sk3tch
blah..

I just think this is someone with a lot of time on their hands and a wild imagination.. yes the words "kind-of" sounds like some Satan worship crap.. :rolleyes:   but c'mon..

anyway.. its still kinda funny :P

If you look @ the page stat.s, you'll find that the page gets aprox.  170,000 page views/month....and you think this is forged? You can obvously hear what's being said...especially the "six six six" part :dodgy:
RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by Sk3tch on 05-13-2004 at 05:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by gigablade77
f you look @ the page stat.s, you'll find that the page gets aprox.  170,000 page views/month....and you think this is forged?
wtf? :S

I never commented on the page.. im talking about the person who discovered this "scary" phenomena :rolleyes:
Of course the page is going to get a lot of hits when people actually believe that Led Zeppelin did this :lol:
quote:
You can obviously hear what's being said...especially the "six six six" part 
quote:
yes the words "kind-of" sounds like some Satan worship crap..  but c'mon..
But im not going to argue.. your right.. Led Zeppelin is a Satan worshiper.. :)
RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by CookieRevised on 05-13-2004 at 09:41 AM

rubbish tbh...

There are thousand of songs that, if you play them backwards you will "hear things" (that is if you have a very very rich imagination)

If someone didn't put the reverse lyrics there, nobody would hear anything apart from the occasional "satan" and "666"...

It is said that The Beatles also did this to some songs...

complete rubbish....

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by doorf on 06-02-2004 at 12:57 PM

Try this link, you can here few more songs backward and please don't tell my you can't figure out what breatney spears - hit me baby one more times sounds like backward

http://www2.memlane.com/jmilner/stairwaybackwards.htm

Btw i checked all those sounds with my sound prog. and none of them is not faked.

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by Muss on 06-02-2004 at 01:34 PM

You actually believe that crap :lol:

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by user27089 on 06-02-2004 at 02:15 PM

lol, its wierd, yet amusing...

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by Pinball on 06-02-2004 at 04:21 PM

I think this is interesting, but I don't think it was done on purpose. Can you imagine it? Going through all the bother of writing some lyrics that sound good forward and have a meaning backwards, making them fit in the song, making the music suit the lyrics both forward and backwards, etc. Do you really think someone would do all of that because they imagined someone would some day be bored enough to play the songs backwards? 8-)

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by dotNorma on 06-02-2004 at 04:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Pinball
I think this is interesting, but I don't think it was done on purpose. Can you imagine it? Going through all the bother of writing some lyrics that sound good forward and have a meaning backwards, making them fit in the song, making the music suit the lyrics both forward and backwards, etc. Do you really think someone would do all of that because they imagined someone would some day be bored enough to play the songs backwards?

Yah , Of course it wasn't meant in purpose. If you play alot of things backwards it sounds like something. If you play any song backwards and you have enough imagination you can make a whole bunch of things out of it. And if you listened to the song backwards alone without them telling you all the stuff I dought you would know :tongue:

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by Huuf on 06-02-2004 at 05:22 PM

If you take the acapella reversed song, you would hear it more clearly, some parts are obvious unclear, but the "it's fun to smoke " it's a  bit obvious except maybe (if you don't believe in it, the fun part :p)

and you should see little nicky :p

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by dom. on 06-02-2004 at 05:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gigablade77
You can obvously hear what's being said...especially the "six six six" part
Just because you think something sounds like "six six six" it makes it satanic?
RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by Maniac on 06-02-2004 at 08:06 PM

The thing is to really see if this is "real" u have to listen to it, write what u think it is then compare with what it supposedly is cause once u read the thing about satan u start hearing it

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by CodeChaos on 06-02-2004 at 09:13 PM

I like the Britney Spears one better. :P

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by chungster on 06-02-2004 at 11:33 PM

i get all this mumbled up crap when i listen backwards

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by Sk3tch on 06-03-2004 at 01:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Huuf
and you should see little nicky 
:lol:  omg.. that was my favorite film for like a month..

"I command you in the name of the Lucifer to spread the blood of the innocent..."

* Sk3tch knows what he is going to watch tonight..
quote:
Originally posted by CodeChaos
I like the Britney Spears one better. :P
I wonder why :P
RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by chungster on 06-03-2004 at 01:56 AM

cuz it involves sex :refuck:

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by aNILEator on 06-03-2004 at 10:23 AM

ok you think that these co-incidental reversed lyrics are freaky what about this song

Cradle of Filth - Dinner at Deviants Palace

listen to that backwards its the lords prayer and its really freaky because you can hear it perfect :|

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by paperless on 06-03-2004 at 10:51 AM

is it on a website or something?

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by aNILEator on 06-03-2004 at 11:36 AM

errrm no just download it and convert it to wav and reverse it. it probably is online somewhere

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by froggyfluff on 06-03-2004 at 05:06 PM

its at http://albinoblacksheep.com/flash/subliminal.php ...scary

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by aNILEator on 06-03-2004 at 05:37 PM

except that isn't the whole song and yeah it does work

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by reisyboy on 06-03-2004 at 07:34 PM

OOO scary :s, but the led zep one is right i reversed it in Goldwave with the same result, but not that clear - think its my doddgy copy though its very poor quality

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by ONX on 06-03-2004 at 08:17 PM

this is wrong. very. also insanely freaky.

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by Guido on 06-03-2004 at 08:24 PM

Scary.

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by .blade// on 06-03-2004 at 08:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Guido
Scary.

I know..I mean those other ones, like from Britney spears and such may not be intentional, but I mean teh Led Zeplin one is like 50+ words...there is no way that it just happened by mistake :S
RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by dom. on 06-03-2004 at 09:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blade
quote:
Scary.

I know..I mean those other ones, like from Britney spears and such may not be intentional, but I mean teh Led Zeplin one is like 50+ words...there is no way that it just happened by mistake :S
Its your imagination. Like someone said above, if you listened to the song before you found out what you were listening for, you'd have heard nothing...

Now i want to hear the Britany Spears one :gfdrin:
RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by .blade// on 06-03-2004 at 09:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dom.
Its your imagination. Like someone said above, if you listened to the song before you found out what you were listening for, you'd have heard nothing...

Now i want to hear the Britany Spears one :gfdrin:
Actually, no - my friend made me listen to the song BEFORE I saw the lyrics and I still heard it....:-/
RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by dom. on 06-03-2004 at 10:02 PM

Hmm, I still refuse to beleive it. :D

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by .blade// on 06-03-2004 at 10:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dom.
Hmm, I still refuse to beleive it. :D

8-) Believe what u want...
RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by dom. on 06-03-2004 at 10:15 PM

quote:
8-) Believe what u want...
You too.
RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by froggyfluff on 06-04-2004 at 11:49 AM

"sdrawkcab ekil dnuos lliw gnos eht tahw tuo krow ot sega ekat tsum tI"8-)

It's really clever...and really scary.  I definitely prefer to listen to songs forwards,  even if they do have a freaky subliminal backwards message...*shiver*

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by Pipish on 06-04-2004 at 11:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
rubbish tbh...

There are thousand of songs that, if you play them backwards you will "hear things" (that is if you have a very very rich imagination)

If someone didn't put the reverse lyrics there, nobody would hear anything apart from the occasional "satan" and "666"...

complete rubbish....
like on the simpsons thos indian people play that song and backwards it says join the navy
RE: Can we say naive? by Sk3tch on 06-04-2004 at 12:02 PM

quote:
but I mean teh Led Zeplin one is like 50+ words...there is no way that it just happened by mistake 
Yeah.. your right..  cause that would be just crazy not to be a mistake :rolleyes:

And no one said it was a mistake.. its just one of those things :-/
quote:
Originally posted by pipish
like on the simpsons thos indian people play that song and backwards it says join the navy
:lol:

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by scapeg0at on 06-04-2004 at 01:39 PM

this one is more comforting as well:

http://albinoblacksheep.com/flash/queen.php

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by chungster on 06-04-2004 at 10:11 PM

the beatles one is really freaky cuz wasnt that paul's last song?

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by Weyzza on 06-04-2004 at 10:22 PM

quote:
:lol: I like that one
RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by Sk3tch on 06-04-2004 at 10:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by chopsticks
Paul is still alive isn't he? :S

Oh unless you mean't the last song he has done :P then i have no idea
RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by chungster on 06-05-2004 at 02:32 AM

i dont know my friends think they know stuff and sometimes they re right and most of the time they re wrong

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by Smeagol on 06-05-2004 at 03:14 AM

pfff.... I don't believe it. Just sounds funny when you play them backwards, lol.

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by Guido on 06-05-2004 at 03:17 AM

quote:
quote:
Indeed he is :P

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by illuzn on 06-05-2004 at 03:30 PM

Could it all be a coincidence.... the led zepplin one is certainly quite realistic... but the britney one is too concocted.. in that i mean i wouldn't make it out when the lyrics weren't there

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by chungster on 06-05-2004 at 05:11 PM

well the britney one is the one i heard the best like it was clearer than the others

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by ONX on 06-05-2004 at 08:37 PM

u only hear what ur mind wants 2 hear. buuut. thing is. it can also b plain clear (i kno, i didnt wanna hear stairway!)

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by CookieRevised on 06-28-2004 at 01:07 PM

[Image: jaj027.gif]
that says enough I guess...

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by KnightieBoy on 06-28-2004 at 01:28 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:
Indeed he is :P
according to my mother (don't ask :dodgy: ) they were rumours the real Paul died when they were just playing.. and the current Paul replaced him... but she's not sure if it's true, tbh it sound very dodgy, I bet you can even find 'Hear me child. grab a knife and kill your kindergartenteacher' in a Tweenies-song if you play it backwards, it's just coincedence
RE: RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by sasquatch on 07-15-2004 at 07:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by thekid
quote:
:lol: I like that one

Haha, i remember that, itz when bart formed the "Party Posse" and they sang (8) yvan eht nioj (8) repeatedly in there songs, gotta love the simpsons. bak to the original post, i like the pink floyd one cuz they did it purposely :D and was the britney spears one reli that hard to figure out? lol
RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by CrazyClown2 on 07-15-2004 at 02:26 PM

As a big Led Zeppelin fan, I had to check this out.

Personally I don't think it was "real". Though, the other ones on the site were better and I think they're real.

RE: RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by unknown2u on 07-15-2004 at 09:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Muss
You actually believe that crap :lol:

I just downloaded the sone from kazaa, and turned it into a wave file.

Then I went to my windows recorder thing, and played it backwords... Guess what. It's still there. 

It's real. Plus I knew about the Pink Floyd one.
RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by Joe on 07-15-2004 at 09:26 PM

this thread revived from way back on the 28th... hey! my birthday!!

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by unknown2u on 07-16-2004 at 07:13 AM

There was a few that I thought was faked, so I did a little test.

This is how the test worked:
I would first like to point out what I thought before the test:

Stair Way To Heaven - Real

Another One Bites The Dust- FAKE

Hit Me Baby One More Time- Fake

I'm So Tired- Real

Empty Spaced - Real (Note: I knew about this one a long time ago, because I heard Floyd talk about it in a interview.)

I saw that the website had given an mp3 to download an reverse it yourself. I downloaded it, and then after playing the mp3 saw that it was just that part. This could have been tampered with. I needed a original track of the song, and I knew just how to get it. I wasn't going to go out and buy bunch of cd's just for one song, so I used my friend Kazaalite.

I then searched for each track that was put on the table for review. After I found them all I had to find a program the would turn my mp3 files into wave. This way I could use them on "Sound Recorder." Sound Recorder may be a basic program, but with it's ability to reverse, cut, and crop songs it was perfect for what the test called for.

I did a search on www.download.com for a "Mp3 to wave program," and found a program called "dBpower AMP Music Converter." This program sported a 91% approval rating, so I thought I would give it a try.

In short time I could see why there was a 91% approval rating.  dBpower AMP Music Converter worked great. In about five minutes I had  converted all my files to a workable wave format. Now for the fun part.

Utilizing Sound Recorder's crop option I was able to turn a ten minute song into the section that was under review. I have downloaded, converted, cropped, and reversed all of the songs, and in conclusion here are the results:

Stair Way To Heaven - Real

Another One Bites The Dust- Real

Hit Me Baby One More Time- Real

I'm So Tired- Real

Empty Spaced - Real

All of them stood to be true, and this goes to prove the "Josie and The Pussy Cat Theory."  The government is make you want to buy things threw songs. "Heavyweight get up, buy Fubo hit you, watch you're whole head split up"

Note: Thank you to whom gave me the url for the spell checker plug in for firefox! I love you!
[Image: mininana.gif]:bow:

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by CookieRevised on 07-16-2004 at 01:16 PM

Nobody said that the samples weren't real... Of course they are real.....

But the point is there are no hidden messages! You only hear what you wanna hear. If you didn't know about it and you didn't had any text to guide you, you wouldn't hear a thing.... And that is what people mean when they say it is fake...

(except in some songs from a specific group, where it IS done on purpose as a joke. I've forgot the name though. But certainly not the ones above...)

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by Shadow D on 07-17-2004 at 12:28 AM

After reading this thread and listening to Stair Way To Heaven, I thought about hearing my personal mp3 collection backwards, I've done a few songs, but it just takes too long to convert to wave and then listen, isn't there some player that can do that directly (play mp3's backwards)?

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by lopardo on 07-17-2004 at 02:03 AM

GoldWave? (I don't remember if it could open mp3s directly, but I think it could).

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by .blade// on 07-17-2004 at 10:43 PM

quote:
Nobody said that the samples weren't real... Of course they are real.....

But the point is there are no hidden messages! You only hear what you wanna hear. If you didn't know about it and you didn't had any text to guide you, you wouldn't hear a thing.... And that is what people mean when they say it is fake...

(except in some songs from a specific group, where it IS done on purpose as a joke. I've forgot the name though. But certainly not the ones above...)

Well if you listen to the lyrics of Stairway to Heaven in the normal way, you hear him say "...there are two paths, you can go back..." hinting that if you "go back" or play it backwards you will get a second path...which happens to be the message...
RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by CookieRevised on 07-17-2004 at 10:51 PM

:rolleyes:

* CookieRevised thinks this thread should be closed before everybody turns into paranoid zombies

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by .blade// on 07-17-2004 at 10:58 PM

quote:
:rolleyes:

* CookieRevised thinks this thread should be closed before everybody turns into paranoid zombies

People are intitled to their oppinions.
RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by Shadow D on 07-17-2004 at 11:32 PM

I'm already feeling pretty paranoid 
(just listned to "By My Self" (by Linkin Park) using the built in voicerecorder, and found a funny sentance on position 113; he says "I want to give you LSD").

My imagination is really playing tricks on me now, but this is still fun.

But honestly I don't believe that any of the songs we listen to today have hidden messages, cause if people like Eminem and Marilyn Manson are allowed to be sell records then why bother hidden messages? :P

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by Dane on 07-17-2004 at 11:40 PM

hmm....I can confirm this website saying that "Stairway to heaven" has this "secret message", I have the original CD, I re-exported it and played it back in Windows Sound Recorder, it indeed says the thing about Satan and 666, not as clearly as the website had it though, but it does indeed exist.

Also, I can confirm the thing about Cradle of Filths song being the lords prayer when played backwards ;)

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by .blade// on 07-18-2004 at 10:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Shadow D
I'm already feeling pretty paranoid 
(just listned to "By My Self" (by Linkin Park) using the built in voicerecorder, and found a funny sentance on position 113; he says "I want to give you LSD").

My imagination is really playing tricks on me now, but this is still fun.

But honestly I don't believe that any of the songs we listen to today have hidden messages, cause if people like Eminem and Marilyn Manson are allowed to be sell records then why bother hidden messages? :P

You want to try to sell a CD praising Satan without getting burned publicly?
RE: RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by Fredzz on 09-30-2004 at 06:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by froggyfluff
its at http://albinoblacksheep.com/flash/subliminal.php ...scary

DAMN..that shit scared the hell out of me :|  :'(
RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by user27089 on 10-01-2004 at 03:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fredzz

Yeah, that scared the hell out of me aswell the first time i saw it, and most of my family and friends lol, i was shaking for some reason, the whole dead people thing messed me up.. i'm surprised i slept that night actually..

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by Pipish on 10-02-2004 at 12:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
quote:
Originally posted by Fredzz

Yeah, that scared the hell out of me aswell the first time i saw it, and most of my family and friends lol, i was shaking for some reason, the whole dead people thing messed me up.. i'm surprised i slept that night actually..

damn also yes that scared the shit out of me i was shaking it scared me more cause i turner the sound up to hear what they were saying and then i told all my friend to turn the sound up realy loud and listen to it that was funny:)
RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by andrey on 10-02-2004 at 05:57 AM

Yeah, the same here...it really scared me :blah: @ f*cking scary flash thingie
I just looked at http://www3.telus.net/jefmil/stairwaybackwards.htm i think this guy is extremely paranoid if he hears somethin satanic in the pokemon rap :lol::lol::lol:

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by Abz2k4 on 10-02-2004 at 09:31 AM

LMAO the Britney Spears one is funny.

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by genocid on 11-27-2004 at 09:10 PM

hm, record yourself saying "yes" in the middle of a sentence, make one up, now put one of your friends listen to you, backwards. don't tell them what it is. they'll swear you say Satan... the mind works in misterious ways... I first believed all that nonsence, but it's just that... nonsence. I've heard the whole version of the backward song... it's a lot of BS, only some parts sound like english, most of them is just you reading the lyrics, and your mind completing sounds... stupid

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by TylerG on 11-28-2004 at 01:31 AM

Well I don't think that Zepp did this because the songs makes too much since forward for Plant to make it a satin worshiper song backwords, they interviewed him once and he said that it did kinda sound like a satin worshiper song...

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by Fergy on 11-28-2004 at 04:42 AM

Who in their right mind plays records backwards anyway?

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by Purity on 11-28-2004 at 07:44 AM

found a mother load
http://www.reversespeech.com/music_reversals.htm
most of them are satanicaly creepy

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by .Roy on 11-28-2004 at 01:21 PM

quote:
rubbish tbh...

complete rubbish....
i agree with you when you said that you dont hear it without the lyrics.. But for some of the songs like you said you can here Satan and 666.. Also for brittney spears song u can hear young.  In another song you can hear marijuana and the beatles one was freaky.. you can hear the miss him miss him miss him.

But all the other words were heard because of the lyrics

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by _Humphreys on 11-28-2004 at 03:42 PM

Wow thats scary I heard soemthing about 'The Lord' clearly without expecting to hear anything as normally I think this kinda things rubbish.:|

Edit : The britney one 'extremley young' thats more scary!

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by CookieRevised on 11-28-2004 at 05:14 PM

I never wanted to revive this subject, but since other people have done it already:

Like I said in my previous post, all those reversed lyrics are complete rubbish! If you look things up in trusted, unbiassed sources, you'll quickly see that all this is complete rubbish and that everything has to do with mind suggestion.

In fact, many many years ago (when rock-'n-roll, punk, etc. was born) there have been many investigations (yes, real investigations by goverments, courts, etc.) to this stuff and to the very same groups and songs which are listed in this thread. These investigation came after some youngster killed himself and left a note saying that he had to do it because the song X from group Y (can't remember and cba to look it up) told him todo so when you played the song backwards.

This group had been brought to court and it was quickly decided that there was nothing to worry about and that it was only the rich imagination of the youngster that killed him.

How was this determined? After many rediculus words, flames and comments fired to eachother (rockgroup vs concearned parents), the judge had enough and demanded to listen to that particular song. What happend? The singer of the rockgroup gave the judge the reversed lyrics of a part of the song, read it outloud and then everybody listened to that song in reverse, 30 secs afterwards the judge ruled that all this was pure crap and dismissed the whole case. What did the singer gave to the judge? Simply the reversed lines: "Bake an egg on a stove, etc... etc..." (Can't remember exactly, but it was something realy rediculus and harmless), it was VERY clear that the judge, and everybody else in the court, only heared what they were told to hear and thus these reverse song-stuff is complete "suggestive".

Like I said, without knowing WHAT you SHOULD hear, you'll hear nothing!!!

This goes for every possible song and case!!! Except for 1 band and  a few songs of this band which did it on purpose after this ruling, to "go against the flow".

In other words, don't be so paranoid people, and do some research before believing everything you'll see and hear on the net.....

Also this, record your own voice for a day, when doing all the useuall stuff. Then play it backwards, and keep in mind that you want to hear devilish stuff, you'll be spooked by yourself as you will hear yourself saying things which you never would imagined.

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by _Humphreys on 11-28-2004 at 05:21 PM

quote:
In fact, many many years ago (when rock-'n-roll, punk, etc. was born) there have been many investigations (yes, real investigations by goverments, courts, etc.) to this stuff and to the very same groups and songs which are listed in this thread. These investigation came after some youngster killed himself and left a note saying that he had to do it because the song X from group Y (can't remember exactly) told him todo so when you played the song backwards.

This group had been brought to court and it was quickly decided that there was nothing to worry about and that it was only the rich imagination of the youngster that killed him.

How was this determined? After many rediculus words and comments fired to eachother (rockgroup vs concearned parents), the judge had enough and demanded to listen to that particular song. What happend? The singer of the rockgroup gave the judge the reversed lyrics of a part of the song, the judge listenend and 30 secs afterwards he ruled that all this was pure crap. What did the singer gave to the judge? Simply the reversed lines: "Bake an egg, etc... etc..." Can't remember exactly, but it was VERY clear that the judge, and everybody else in the court, only heared what they were told to hear and thus these reverse song-stuff is complete "suggestive".

Yes I saw this on a recent rock n' roll documentary/history program on BBC2 (in the U.K.) The singer made reverse lyrics up for a different song he had made before hand and you could hear what he ment for you to hear. So the judge knew that this kinda thing could easily be suggested to be there but it's not if it wasn't suggested.

quote:
Like I said, without knowing WHAT you SHOULD hear, you'll hear nothing!!!

It's still scary that certain things can make your mind hear things you wouldn't if you weren't thinking about that certain thing.:S

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by CookieRevised on 11-28-2004 at 05:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Attitude Extreme
It's still scary that certain things can make your mind hear things you wouldn't if you weren't thinking about that certain thing.
The things is, subconscence you are thinking about such things. The sole act of listening to a song backwards to test this, gives you subconscence thoughts about what you will be hearing...
RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by genocid on 11-28-2004 at 07:20 PM

Hm, let's think about it this way: the song makes sense both ways, if we were to believe the backward version. I think it would take a billion years for someone to find the lyrics that would make sense both ways... So, the only way to do this, is by satanic influence... But my God, if Satan himslef wanted to transmit something through a backwards song, I think he would have chosen something more interesting and to the point, to say. I don't know if u get what I'm saying, but it's clearly garbage! The backwards version doesn't say nothing, they're juse sentences with little meaning, and virtually NO meaning in the big picture... so, the only thing is the occasional Satan, and that weird 666... that's not enough to go on... And another thing, I received a mail a few weeks ago, with a written phrase in which all the letters in the words were missplaced, only the first and last were correctly placed... but you could still make out everything, perfectly, because the brain does all the work... The brain does the same thing when it hears words that it doesn't understand, or doesn't recognize. it's the same thing, you're hearing something that SOUNDS like satan, and you translate it INTO satan...

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by .Roy on 11-28-2004 at 08:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by genocid
uence... But my God, if Satan himslef wanted to transmit something through a backwards song, I think he would have chosen something more interesting and to the point, to say. I don't know if u get what I'm saying, but it's clearly garbage! The backwards version doesn't say nothing, they're juse sentences with little meaning, and virtually NO meaning in the big picture... so, the only thing is the occasional Satan, and that weird 666... that's not enough to go on... And another thing, I received a mail a few weeks ago, with a written phrase in which all the letters in the words were missplaced, only the first and last were correctly placed... but you could still make out everything, perfectly, because the brain does all the work... The brain does the same thing when it hears words that it doesn't understand, or doesn't recognize. it's the same thing, you're hearing something that SOUNDS like satan, and you translate it INTO satan...

I agree completly..

If you see lyrics then you hear it 2.. Its all in the brain :-P
RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by genocid on 11-29-2004 at 05:09 PM

about that reverse speach site... I checked it out, very stupid. Very stupid in 2 ways: there is no such thing as reverse speach, it's a stupid idea, even in theory, and the second thing... none of those "satanic" messages were clear, without the lyrics, I couldn't make out anything, except the word "bannish" in one of the examples, that was more clear. Just complete rubbish, I think it's time to drop this subject, it's clear it's all just the power of sugestion, and people searching for misteries and hidden symbols where there's nothing. In Romania, we have an expression that can't be translated, but the idea is they creat a "storm in the piss bowl" :) Make a big fuss about nothing...

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by lopardo on 11-30-2004 at 01:08 AM

* lopardo remembers a guy who spoke backwards in a TV show... :lol:

RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary by C3PO on 11-30-2004 at 12:06 PM

I didnt really hear anything and i didnt really try i was freaked out by just what it sounded like i had my headphones in full ball and it sounded freaky! the factthat its lateand  im home alone with the lights off didnt help. But i dont think i heard anything and no way im gonna try in listen to it again without people around :S