Shoutbox

Hidden Tabs in Messenger, or are they? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Hidden Tabs in Messenger, or are they? (/showthread.php?tid=25233)

Hidden Tabs in Messenger, or are they? by matty on 05-13-2004 at 09:36 PM

If you have the tabs hidden in MSN Messenger there is an easy way of still accessing them without having to go through the trouble of having to show the Tabs and sign out and sign back in. If the Windows has the Focus use CTRL + TAB and it will change the Tab that is displayed.

I honestly think Microsoft needs to change this because Tabs are supposed to be hidden and not accessible but thats not true.

RE: Hidden Tabs in Messenger, or are they? by Concord Dawn on 05-13-2004 at 09:38 PM

Matty, thanks for that little tidbit of information. I never knew that M$ made so many security holes in an IM client.......

*Chaos_Grenade sighs*

I don't think that you have to worry about this, most people probably don't know this.

RE: Hidden Tabs in Messenger, or are they? by bach_m on 05-13-2004 at 09:41 PM

not so for me....... maybe ur doing it wrong :refuck:

RE: Hidden Tabs in Messenger, or are they? by Choli on 05-13-2004 at 09:41 PM

^o) I can't do that. MSN Messenger 6.2.0133 here.

quote:
Originally posted by Matty.
If the Windows has the Focus use CTRL + TAB and it will change the Tab that is displayed.
the main messenger window? nothing happens when I do Ctrl + Tab in it :-/ any ideas?
RE: Hidden Tabs in Messenger, or are they? by Concord Dawn on 05-13-2004 at 09:42 PM

Try MSN 6.1.

RE: Hidden Tabs in Messenger, or are they? by dotNorma on 05-13-2004 at 09:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by chaos_grenade
Matty, thanks for that little tidbit of information. I never knew that M$ made so many security holes in an IM client.......

Don't think its really a security hole , it is not allowing others to veiw your info or anything , just a minor bug. :-/

It works for me , I have Messenger 6.1 , Too lazy to update.
RE: Hidden Tabs in Messenger, or are they? by matty on 05-13-2004 at 09:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
the main messenger window? nothing happens when I do Ctrl + Tab in it :-/ any ideas?

Possible a win xp thing then

I just mean if the tabs are hidden you shouldn't be able to access them is all i mean

RE: Hidden Tabs in Messenger, or are they? by FranzW on 05-13-2004 at 10:57 PM

quote:
nothing happens when I do Ctrl + Tab in it  any ideas?
it neither works for me
RE: Hidden Tabs in Messenger, or are they? by Concord Dawn on 05-13-2004 at 11:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by FranzW
quote:
nothing happens when I do Ctrl + Tab in it  any ideas?
it neither works for me

Great grammar. :P

Anyways, just tried it and it doesn't work.

Plus! 2.54.0075
MSN - Windows X 6.1
Windows XP SP2 Beta