Shoutbox

block checking with plus - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: block checking with plus (/showthread.php?tid=25257)

block checking with plus by odgaf on 05-14-2004 at 11:18 AM

not sure how widespread this bug fault is but heres my experience

i downloaded plus 2 days ago version 254 and wanted to change some options one of these was to play a unique soundfile for each of my contacts when they login i did this under contact events in the plus options
to my amazement it started playing tunes id reserved for a friend who i know blocks everyone when they are working
i rang her and she confirmed she was online and asked how i knew so  i explained it to her and she signed on and off a number of times to check this, everytime she signed on my tune played even tho she never appeared in my contacts list as online
ive since taken this further and had friends block me to test it and without fail every blocked person had thier own unique tune played but appeared offline
as far as my system is concerned plus is working as a perfect blockchecker

RE: block checking with plus by MoRiA on 05-14-2004 at 11:43 AM

Sounding rather suspicious here.. I'll test it later but I'm doubting this is true..

RE: block checking with plus by segosa on 05-14-2004 at 11:51 AM

I've not tested this, and I have no reason to; Simply because it's not possible.

When a person signs in and there is someone blocked on their contact list, nothing is sent to the server to be relayed to that contain's Messenger. Thus this in theory is impossible.

RE: block checking with plus by odgaf on 05-14-2004 at 12:20 PM

segosa i posted this thread in good faith all i ask is people try it out i am running windows xp pro have the latest version of msn 6 updated  and plus version 254 i posted this thread because on my system its an obvious bug why not try it out i agree in theory it shouldnt work but it in fact does for me im betting you might be suprised

im sure my system is no different from many others....
and i have 3 friends who were just as sceptical as you but are now believers

RE: block checking with plus by MoRiA on 05-14-2004 at 12:29 PM

I'm remaining skeptical but open minded... If that's possible. I'm going to test this later, however I will not flame you. Before I test it at least :D

RE: block checking with plus by odgaf on 05-14-2004 at 12:32 PM

ok its a deal but you owe me a drink if im right ok :P as an afterthought the file i attached was an mp3 music file by robbie williams tho i guess thats a little too much info

RE: block checking with plus by Underlord on 05-14-2004 at 12:40 PM

I tested it and it dosen't seem to work.

RE: block checking with plus by odgaf on 05-14-2004 at 12:49 PM

just to clarify this did you goto contact events and add an mp3 file to the contact then have the contact block you and then sign off and then on again also i have another mp3 file thats used for them signing off tho interestingly this doesnt ever play the tunes only play when they sign on

RE: block checking with plus by Underlord on 05-14-2004 at 12:51 PM

are you using messenger 6.2?
http://www.msnfanatic.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9356

RE: block checking with plus by odgaf on 05-14-2004 at 12:51 PM

im gonna find out which versions of msn and plus the friends i used this on have i will post it soon as they come back online

RE: block checking with plus by odgaf on 05-14-2004 at 12:58 PM

im using msn messenger 6.1.0211. offhand i think i downloaded msn 6.1 and updated it when messenger asked me to

RE: block checking with plus by Underlord on 05-14-2004 at 01:06 PM

I'm using 6.1.0211 and it dosen't work.

RE: block checking with plus by MoRiA on 05-14-2004 at 04:56 PM

Nope doesn't work here either. I have my own testing account (an old account) so I could test it as much as I liked and it doesn't work at all..

RE: block checking with plus by Leif on 05-14-2004 at 05:16 PM

Confirmed. Doesn't work for me either.

Operativsystem: Windows XP, 5.01.2600
Messenger: 6.2.0133
Messenger Plus!: 3.00.0091

RE: block checking with plus by whYeNQue on 05-14-2004 at 05:31 PM

well i got some rather odd results using the offline log-on thing (jnrzloader) it plays sounds... and it logs going offline

RE: block checking with plus by Boldylocks on 05-15-2004 at 01:39 AM

I have a hunch that odgaf is tell'n the truth..