Shoutbox

Nice future to 6.2 - getting rid of auto-smileys - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Nice future to 6.2 - getting rid of auto-smileys (/showthread.php?tid=25261)

Nice future to 6.2 - getting rid of auto-smileys by jannar85 on 05-14-2004 at 03:17 PM

It would be so great to have the automatic-smileys not showing while we're writing a message. I really find this future in 6.2 really annoying.

Is it possible for MSN Plus to do this in the next version?

Thanks anyway *-)

RE: Nice future to 6.2 - getting rid of auto-smileys by Mike on 05-14-2004 at 03:56 PM

First: Its Messenger Plus!(MsgPlus! for short).Msn Plus is something from microsoft...

Now back at topic...
I attach a zip with the patch that wont auto complete the emoticons... :)
Made by TheBlaspHemer and downloaded from www.mess.be

RE: Nice future to 6.2 - getting rid of auto-smileys by Barto on 05-14-2004 at 10:31 PM

Thanks :D I used to type some emoticons like :o) but when I try to tipe them, msn convert the :o) into :o really anoying, thanks :D

RE: Nice future to 6.2 - getting rid of auto-smileys by jannar85 on 05-15-2004 at 10:10 PM

Oh, great :D Thank you very much! :D
Well MSN Plus and Msg Plus is the same program. At least google says so :P

But thanks again :D

RE: Nice future to 6.2 - getting rid of auto-smileys by CookieRevised on 05-15-2004 at 10:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jannar85
Hu, that makes absolutly no sense... Google just says nothing, that's just a search result you got there....

MSN Plus
MSG Plus
(and above links came directly from the search results... how can they be the same????)

small example: http://www.google.com/search?q=jannar85+crazy
look there are searchresults for "jannar85 crazy", it must be true ;)

RE: Nice future to 6.2 - getting rid of auto-smileys by Wabz on 05-15-2004 at 11:44 PM

quote:
Oh, great :D Thank you very much! :D

But thanks again :D

:lol:

MSN PLus (Microsoft Network Plus)

and Messenger Plus (MsgPlus for short) 

Shall we play spot the difference?

As for MsgPlus 3 a release date has yet to be confirmed Please wait paitiently with us

RE: Nice future to 6.2 - getting rid of auto-smileys by jannar85 on 06-23-2004 at 09:43 PM

Um.. New version.. Smileys are back... Wouldn't it be better if this was an option in Plus! ?

RE: Nice future to 6.2 - getting rid of auto-smileys by Phrive on 06-24-2004 at 06:28 PM

that patch is for 6.2.1033 not the last version is there an update?

RE: Nice future to 6.2 - getting rid of auto-smileys by aNILEator on 06-24-2004 at 07:26 PM

it has to be done manually theblasphemer is touchy about his software and i don't blame him really I'm really hungry so need food there is a thread with the code you need to edit using hexedit or reshack not sure what it is but its one of them

RE: Nice future to 6.2 - getting rid of auto-smileys by Shlap on 06-25-2004 at 11:37 AM

I have tryed to patch msn with that patch that disables the auto-smile thing and it wont work!

RE: Nice future to 6.2 - getting rid of auto-smileys by Vilkku on 06-25-2004 at 12:58 PM

It doesn't work with the latest MSN (.0137)

RE: Nice future to 6.2 - getting rid of auto-smileys by jannar85 on 06-27-2004 at 01:05 AM

Isn't there an easy way to do it in the registry?

RE: Nice future to 6.2 - getting rid of auto-smileys by matty on 06-27-2004 at 02:43 AM

quote:
Isn't there an easy way to do it in the registry?
No because you have to actually patch the Messenger exe so the code wont be preformed.

TB how did you actually find the originally offsets you need to change?
RE: Nice future to 6.2 - getting rid of auto-smileys by Chestah on 06-27-2004 at 07:35 AM

yeah it would be better if it was integrated into Plus, i doubt Patchou has any spare time tho!

RE: Nice future to 6.2 - getting rid of auto-smileys by MikeBlondin on 06-29-2004 at 03:39 AM

Can someone edit this, and send it to me? I don't have any programming knowledge, heh.

Thanks to whoever...

mikeblondin@hotmail.com

RE: Nice future to 6.2 - getting rid of auto-smileys by Jolo on 07-01-2004 at 08:49 PM

Now is posted at www.mess.be news!

Enjoy! :D

RE: Nice future to 6.2 - getting rid of auto-smileys by CookieRevised on 07-01-2004 at 11:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jolo
Now is posted at www.mess.be news!

Enjoy! :D
And without crediting TB... How very thoughtfull....

thx for that... Now when TB finds some other interesting offsets, he realy will keep it for himself... thank you, in the name of the Messenger community!

:@

RE: Nice future to 6.2 - getting rid of auto-smileys by Gergith on 07-11-2004 at 05:51 AM

what id REALLY be interested in is a way to hit back space and it delete the last char in the smiley, not the whole smiley, so :-) would go back to :- and not delete it all