Shoutbox

Euro 2004 - (Portugal) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) (/showthread.php?tid=25271)

Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Stigmata on 05-14-2004 at 07:57 PM

:)

well anyone excited :)

im a welsh boy myself, still pissed off with russia cus of there player playing after not taking drugs test ( me looks at the case with rio ferdiand )

then i would surport ireland, cus im irish... :) oh but guess what, there not in it either..

so im stuck with the country i was born in :)

come on england :P

lol we are not guna win but hey :P

who do u surport? anyone going? who you think will win...

mod: edit title slightly

RE: Euro 2004 - @ Portugal by Vazza on 05-14-2004 at 08:10 PM

I'll be supporting

• Portugal
  • France
  • Denmark

And only 29 days!!
I would support England but let me think...... *Vazza thinks long and hard*......I'm Scottish ( So Scotland got a crap team, like we have the crap weather to go with the team, although it could have been the manager.......) :p

EDIT:
* Vazza will ignore the comment posted below. One day they shall have their day...
RE: Euro 2004 - @ Portugal by Stigmata on 05-14-2004 at 08:19 PM

lol :P we were talking about scotlands chances of gaining entry into any cup final..........short convosation :)

RE: Euro 2004 - @ Portugal by Johnny_Mac on 05-14-2004 at 09:30 PM

I don't for one minute expect us to win. But I will always say we will. Because I'm a supporter and without hope we only have football, and thats boring.

I really cant wait for this country (England) just to come alive with the whole football carnival atmosphere. I love watching any team.

Cant wait for a pint in my local beer garden in the sunshine and a piece of footy on the telly! :beer: :D

RE: Euro 2004 - @ Portugal by Kafman on 05-14-2004 at 11:05 PM

My prediction is that the final would be France vrs Holland (I don't know how you call that contry)

So, I'll be supporting:
France
Holland
Italy

RE: Euro 2004 - @ Portugal by Weyzza on 05-14-2004 at 11:35 PM

England

But I don't know if they can get the final
Hopefully they play great w/o Ferdinand...

RE: Euro 2004 - @ Portugal by Jnrz7 on 05-14-2004 at 11:41 PM

xDDDD England ?, they suck!
if Turkey plays as they played on the world cup against Brasil, they will easily win the Eurocup.
Lets see how they play the first games, then I will tell you who can win.

why u deleted my post ?
u did not like that Argentina is England's  Daddy ? xDD

RE: Euro 2004 - @ Portugal by Kafman on 05-14-2004 at 11:52 PM

England by a bad luck lost with Argentina and England has more great players that Argentina :dodgy:
You don't see Crespo and Veron in the Chelsea? they both sucks as players I prefer Mutu than Crespo and Petit than Veron
Still with Turkey?? HAHAHA!!
no offence with someone of Turkey but they don't have a great team:rolleyes:
:lol:

RE: Euro 2004 - @ Portugal by Johnny_Mac on 05-15-2004 at 12:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jnrz7
did not like that Argentina is England's  Daddy ? xDD
This is Euro2004; Argentina aren't playing, so why are we going on about them. Save that for 2006 please.

I'm not sure who'll win this year, but I don't think it will be france. All my faith in their ability was lost in Japan/Korea.
RE: Euro 2004 - @ Portugal by Omar on 05-15-2004 at 01:32 AM

I do think Holland or Spain will win...

Altough i wouldn't be surprised if Portugal (as host country) win it all...

Sad thing is that those games will be in the morning/afternoon in my country....:undecided:

RE: Euro 2004 - @ Portugal by Stigmata on 05-15-2004 at 06:15 AM

england i doubt will win, maybe just get past the group stages.
france proberly have it, seeing as henry has been on form for the last 2 years :P he got player of the season again :P

sweeden and germany are the only other 2 i think will have a chance of making it,

holland...
* Stigmata remembers the days of ruud gullit lol

still have dennis bergcamp, who i feel does not recieve enough credit, mainly because he plays along side players like henry, pires and others (whats that kid called, thats taken bergcamps place?)

two cents again

edit :
thought i would get the groups for you

group A

• Portugal
  • Spain
  • Russia
  • Greece

group B
  • France
  • England     
  • Switzerland     
  • Croatia
group C
  • Sweden     
  • Bulgaria     
  • Denmark
  • Italy
group D
  • Czech R.
  • Latvia     
  • Germany
  • Holland

RE: Euro 2004 - @ Portugal by Pinchichuv on 05-15-2004 at 06:57 AM

well i think spain maybe could win cause they have a great team, put right now the players of real madrid arent playing that good and Raul isnt playing as he used to be. or Maybe Italy cause the team they have is very good but they play more defens that attacking but that oks. Or maybe Portugal cause they are the host and like Figo is playing great and Rui costa and Petit, are playing very cool mybe they can do it. or France, lol

RE: Euro 2004 - @ Portugal by Tochjo on 05-15-2004 at 07:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Kafman
Holland (I don't know how you call that contry)
The Netherlands :dodgy:
For the record: the Netherlands is divided in twelve provinces. Two of them are North-Holland and South-Holland. By naming our country "Holland", you exclude 10 provinces and millions of people, including me.

I won't be supporting any country. I'm not interested in soccer and I'd support my own country - if they didn't suck so much :-/
RE: Euro 2004 - @ Portugal by woeiiii on 05-15-2004 at 07:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Tochjo
quote:
... By naming our country "Holland", you exclude 10 provinces and millions of people, including me...

And me
RE: RE: Euro 2004 - @ Portugal by Kafman on 05-15-2004 at 05:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Tochjo
quote:
The Netherlands :dodgy:
For the record: the Netherlands is divided in twelve provinces. Two of them are North-Holland and South-Holland. By naming our country "Holland", you exclude 10 provinces and millions of people, including me.

I won't be supporting any country. I'm not interested in soccer and I'd support my own country - if they didn't suck so much :-/

Great geography class Tochjo :dodgy:
I make a mistake so I put "(I don't know how you call that country)" because I knowed that is was wrong and I didn't remeber that the name was Netherlands so excuse me

And btw Netherlands has a great team, they have great players (is one of my favorite teams after France), I don't think they would suck;)
RE: Euro 2004 - @ Portugal by Nicole on 05-19-2004 at 11:02 AM

will be supporting erm..Sweden  probably.  None of my home nations qualified |-)

RE: Euro 2004 - @ Portugal by Fredzz on 05-21-2004 at 04:06 AM

im portuguese :banana:

RE: Euro 2004 - @ Portugal by Stigmata on 05-21-2004 at 07:53 AM

you going to see it?

RE: Euro 2004 - @ Portugal by Pipish on 05-21-2004 at 08:01 AM

go england half my family is from there and i love wtaching soccer and playing but i found footy mor fun i played soccer for five years

RE: RE: Euro 2004 - @ Portugal by Guido on 06-03-2004 at 08:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Johnny_Mac
quote:
did not like that Argentina is England's  Daddy ? xDD
This is Euro2004; Argentina aren't playing, so why are we going on about them. Save that for 2006 please.
[Image: seleccion.jpg]

:banana:

Calm down johnny! (A)
RE: Euro 2004 - @ Portugal by paperless on 06-03-2004 at 08:29 PM

THis post as more replies then mine
* paperless thinks why his psots never get many replies and after that he cries : ;(

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by toddy on 06-09-2004 at 10:25 PM

engalnd are gonna win !! everybody can see they are the best

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Johnny_Mac on 06-09-2004 at 11:12 PM

Man I love people with ambition, I can't help but admire it! (y)

btw guido, a little more recent....

[Image: becks9.jpg]

:refuck:

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by DrifterXL on 06-10-2004 at 02:32 AM

I have my doubts abour England. They are lacking alot from the previous years. With Rio Ferdinad's suspension and David Seaman's retirement they has a horrible defense and goaltending. England might be able to squeeze by into the second round after the groups. They have a hard match up against France that I highly doubt England has a chance to win, and they'll also have to face off against Croatia who has proven in the past few competitions like the 2002 World Cup and the EURO 2000 that they are serious competitors for the championship. All I have to say is that England has their work cut out and they'll have to improve on their recent results if they want to be contenders for the chapionship.

My pick to win it is France. Although they had a bad performance at the 2002 World Cup they are probably the strongest team in Europe. They have high quality players. I admit it that I'm not a huge fan of France since it was them that knocked Portugal out at the semi-finals of the EURO 2000 but I feel they have the potential to win.

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Plik on 06-13-2004 at 08:41 PM

:@ We nearly had it :| 90 minutes and we where 1-0 up
end of the match and we lost 2-1. 8o|8o|:@:@

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Kryptonate on 06-13-2004 at 09:03 PM

Beckham shouldn't have missed the penalty and the other guy shouldn't have made the big mistake by shooting at his keeper.

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Jeronimo on 06-13-2004 at 09:14 PM

Gutted. Truly gutted.

Don't play Heskey, he's rubbish. Should have brought on Nicky Butt to boost up the midfield.

Beckham's penalty was rubbish as well. He only needs to look at Zidane's to find out how to do it properly.

Oh well :-/

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Omar on 06-13-2004 at 09:15 PM

England lost? :|

:Gets a heart attack in disbelieve: :chrongue:

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by doughboyy on 06-15-2004 at 06:46 AM

Owen is on England still right? and i just love butt's name. lol

* doughboyy remembers the Canadian Club commercial.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The new Canadian Club commercial where they show about six groups of guys in six different countries watching the same Soccer game on TV. A player takes a boot to the nuts, and all the guys watching in all the countries cringe.

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by doggie on 06-16-2004 at 06:26 AM

im all for spain to win.. i wanna see torres and raul link up together :D i'd like to see england win too, but they lack quality in defence.. also owen cant do anything and wonderboy-fat kid rooney is overrated!!! so it heskey.. BRING BACK SHEARER!!!

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by st0rm on 06-16-2004 at 06:35 AM

ummz who won the Portugal V Greece game? i didnt get to watch it as i was out, an all my friends missed it too(A)

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by doggie on 06-16-2004 at 10:44 AM

greece 2 - 1

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Millenium_edition on 06-16-2004 at 11:06 AM

lol i agree to bring back shearer! and yeah rooney isn't that good...

go france, spain and italy :p

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Anubis on 06-24-2004 at 06:43 PM

The England vs. Portugal Quarter final is about to start...I hope England wins... No doubt Rooney will score :D

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by toddy on 06-24-2004 at 06:59 PM

1-0 england (owen 2mins)

[edit]
rooney is off (injured)

[edit 2]
he is havin it x-rayed, that would be a massive loss to england. if he has broken his ankle

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Stigmata on 06-24-2004 at 07:38 PM

half time :)

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by user27089 on 06-24-2004 at 10:03 PM

haha we lost, look wwhat i just made cause we lost!!

[Image: rooney.jpg]

skilled?

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Kryptonate on 06-24-2004 at 10:04 PM

* Kryptonate wonders what Beckham was thinking of when he took the penalty :lol:

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by MC Inferno on 06-24-2004 at 10:05 PM

AW CRAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

ENGLAND BLOODY LOST :@:@:@:@:@:@

RE: RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Fredzz on 06-24-2004 at 11:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MC Inferno
AW CRAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

ENGLAND BLOODY LOST :@:@:@:@:@:@

Yep Portugal Won!!! it was action to the last minute.. im portuguese u know!!! ehehe... Our keeper said something to beckham..probably " i slept with ur wife' and he got alot nervous and he missed the penalty :rofl: u could see in his face...:rofl:
RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by lylesback2 on 06-24-2004 at 11:19 PM

awesome penilty shots... ive never seen anything like it.  goaly beat goaly! LOL that was awesome.

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Garndell on 06-24-2004 at 11:31 PM

The Portuguese had a 12th man, the ref.

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Omar on 06-24-2004 at 11:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Garndell
The Portuguese had a 12th man, the ref.

[Image: violin.gif]
RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Johnny_Mac on 06-25-2004 at 12:32 AM

hah...

Theres loads of stuff you could say about the game. Like why was our goal disallowed? I've seen it like 30 times, and I still dont understand the foul? :S

And why did the ref point to the centre circle, then blow his whistle, and point to a free kick spot? :S :S

Anyway, it wont change the result. Good telly! :banana:

edit: Just some small reaction from the UK, I dont see how this changes anything, and its probably libel, but:

[Image: 1.jpg]                             [Image: 4.jpg]

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Kafman on 06-25-2004 at 01:23 AM

Well, tomorrow will play France  vrs  Grecce, this is my score: 3-1
goals of:
Zinedine Zidane
Thiery Henry
Pires

EDIT: IT WAS GREECE, I WAS THINKING IN OTHER MATCH :p:p

RE: RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Edu115 on 06-25-2004 at 01:56 AM

quote:
Well, tomorrow will play France  vrs  Sweden, this is my score: 3-1
goals of:
Zinedine Zidane
Thiery Henry
Pires

and of Sweden:
Ljunberg

Hu?!! ^o) .. Tomorrow will play France vs Greece.. Sweden will play against Holland..

I've read here that the referee was on our side, and i must say you're so wrong! Andy Cole should get the red card.. He just did fouls and fouls and fouls.. And excuse me, but in the goal that was invalidated, our keeper was pushed by TWO english players in his area.. The rules say that anyone who tries to stop the GK to reach the boal in the keeper area should be punished with a foul.. And in my opinion, Portugal deserved to win ... But i have to say also that you have a wonderful team, and an amazing couch.. and your fans here in Portugal, inspite of the problems in algarve last week, are being very nice even after being defeated..

*EDIT* - No offense, but:

[Image: beckss.jpg]
RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by lylesback2 on 06-25-2004 at 03:17 AM

LMFAO nice picture, but all i can say about that last goal is.. "soccer is rigged" :) lol.  ya it was in, but the goal keeper touched it if you didn't notice :P  maybe you should take your tv off mute next time lol

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Garndell on 06-25-2004 at 03:45 AM

Fact is the keeper flapped & fell over.  You can't blame that on english players, you can blame it on the Ref.

In the first half yellows were given to England but not Portugal for IDENTICAL offences.

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Edu115 on 06-25-2004 at 05:02 AM

Oh.. if there is a match that there's so little to complain about is this one...
Don't try to find excuses for this loss.. Portugal played better, that's a fact! Although your counter-attack is terrific, we had more posession of the ball, more attacks.. We deserved it.. that's my opinion of course.. And i understand that you, as english fans and citizens, don't understand my opinion. But that's ok with me.. four years ago, against France, i did the same thing..

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by toddy on 06-25-2004 at 10:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Edu115
our keeper was pushed by TWO english players in his area
pushed by who ??? if u watch it, terry clearly has his eyes on the ball all the time, he jumps to head it. then your keeper trys jump to catch it. then campbell just comes and jumps higher than them both and heads it in.
where is the foul ???
RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by TheBlasphemer on 06-25-2004 at 10:13 AM

Beckham is SUCH an idiot :P
thats all i have to say

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by fluffy_lobster on 06-25-2004 at 11:25 AM

Didn't his foot catch on something on the penalty spot or something?  The turf was pretty hacked up afterwards... i wonder if it was the fact he was first so didn't know about it like the others...

Or beckham could just be crap :gfdrin:

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Omar on 06-25-2004 at 12:17 PM

[Image: violin.gif]

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Vilkku on 06-25-2004 at 12:55 PM

MVP for Portugal: Ricardo and Beckham :D

Really, I LMAO when I saw the shot.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by user27089 on 06-25-2004 at 03:49 PM

the pitch was made out of sand, so it was well soft, as Michael Owen said afterwards, in there practice the same thing happened to the pitch. It was a crap pitch, the goal should've been allowed, and the ref was a bastard.

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Jnrz7 on 06-25-2004 at 07:27 PM

does anyone know an internet tv station to watch the eurocup's games live ?

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Edu115 on 06-25-2004 at 08:28 PM

oh omg France is going home!!!

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Stigmata on 06-25-2004 at 08:38 PM

hmmmmm

beckham wasnt crap, he didnt think about wtf he was doing

remember against france

our whole team was lazy and did nothing... we walked around and never threatend..

we did not make use of our chances and neither did portugal

micheal owen played football for one touch of the game, where he flicked it past the keeper.....would help if he had a left foot...

gerrard...you can always count on a sliding tackel before a shot...count how many he has done so far...

best players???

ummmm...gary nevil and  sol cambul

stayd strong though-out

john terry had a bad game, couldnt clear the ball for shit :S

feel sorry for darius vassel

not his fault at all

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Stigmata on 06-25-2004 at 08:39 PM

grrreeease win!!!!!!

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Johnny_Mac on 06-25-2004 at 08:47 PM

quote:
Portugal played better, that's a fact! Although your counter-attack is terrific, we had more posession of the ball, more attacks.. We deserved it.. that's my opinion of course.. And i understand that you, as english fans and citizens, don't understand my opinion.
I'm more offended you dont think i'd understand. Of course I understand, I'm and English fan, who supports a team that were beaten by a better side. Is that clear enough. But some of your other comments you made it seems you didnt watch the game. :S
RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Kafman on 06-25-2004 at 09:00 PM

WTF!!! France loose 0-1 with Greece :|
What a deception!!

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Mike on 06-25-2004 at 09:03 PM

:o)Go greece!:o)
We rule!

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Pinchichuv on 06-25-2004 at 09:06 PM

all my teams are out that sucks :'( lol. England, Spain, and Italy, so i think right now i'm with greece or portugal.

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Johnny_Mac on 06-25-2004 at 09:13 PM

Denmark, Czech Rep or Greece. I like to see teams who are 'written off' do well. Very pleased for Greece, and I think the Czech's have played outstanding.

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by okpc on 06-25-2004 at 09:22 PM

Go...Portugal... Go...Go GO...

greece ... Spain... England... Holand or Sweden.... wish i could pick

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Edu115 on 06-25-2004 at 09:44 PM

[Image: Annullering_Ricardo_152994a.jpg] .. I guess now you don't have nothing to complain about..

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Kafman on 06-25-2004 at 10:24 PM

Well, after France lost with Grecce, now my favorites teams to won the Eurocup would be Netherlands or Czech Republic.
GO NETHERLANDS!!!!

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by toddy on 06-25-2004 at 10:36 PM

quote:
does anyone know an internet tv station to watch the eurocup's games live ?

http://www.ntvmsnbc.com/news/38903.asp
mite be showing them, but i haven't checked

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
guess now you don't have nothing to complain about.. 

what you mean ?
thats not a foul, its just a shit keeper
RE: RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Johnny_Mac on 06-25-2004 at 10:42 PM

quote:
I guess now you don't have nothing to complain about..

Er... The foul was against campbell... Who is the guy behind terry... :rolleyes:
RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by realleon on 06-26-2004 at 12:47 AM

Now all seeds are kicked out of Portugal, what a dream cup!
I llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllove it!!!

go go go!! Czech Republic
Fire in the hole!  -_-#

RE: RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Edu115 on 06-26-2004 at 12:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by realleon
Now all seeds are kicked out of Portugal, what a dream cup!
I llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllove it!!!

go go go!! Czech Republic
Fire in the hole!  -_-#

if the seeds lost, that's because they haven't played enough :D .. So, i think that with this Euro, new teams and generations are being farely recognized..
RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by realleon on 06-26-2004 at 01:06 AM

There you go!!!
dunno it's the sadness of fans we are or those seeds, anyway it's pretty glad to have a new sight with new generations, but still hope Czech Republic could last in the end,  cuz they deserve that.
In so far as Netherlands... haha, shouldn't I think they do too?

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Kafman on 06-27-2004 at 01:44 AM

Go Netherlands!!, won in penalty kicks, now is time for Czech Republic for win against Denmark (is Denmark right?)

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Johnny_Mac on 06-27-2004 at 01:50 AM

:shocked:

Holland won a penalty shoot-out... I just wish England would. :undecided: :tongue:

quote:
(is Denmark right?)
Yes. I decided I'm backing the Czech's to win Euro2004.
RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Kafman on 06-27-2004 at 08:38 PM

Woooho!!! Czech Republic won 3 goals vrs Denmark
My favorites to win this Eurocope:
Netherlands, Czech Republic

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Vazza on 06-27-2004 at 09:19 PM

No not Denmark :'(
* Vazza scores another team off her list
I want Portugal to win or Holland...Not too sure yet. I hear they found Beckhams ball in Row Q. I thought it might have landed in the posh end of the Algarve..Villamoura!

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Sweety_0385 on 06-27-2004 at 09:45 PM

Força Holanda!!!! :o)

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Kafman on 06-27-2004 at 10:01 PM

Well, we have a Netherlands fan!
Welcome to the forums Sweety_0385 :P

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Edu115 on 06-28-2004 at 04:05 AM

and she speaks portuguese too! :D

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Stigmata on 06-28-2004 at 11:13 AM

current listings:

Euro 2004 All Matches Phase 1
12 June 2004 - Group A
Portugal 1-2 Greece
Spain 1-0 Russia
13 June 2004 - Group B
Switzerland 0-0 Croatia
France 2-1 England
14 June 2004 - Group C
Denmark 0-0 Italy
Sweden 5-0 Bulgaria
15 June 2004 - Group D
Germany 1-1 Netherlands
Czech Republic 2-1 Latvia
16 June 2004 - Group A
Greece 1-1 Spain
Russia 0-2 Portugal
17 June 2004 - Group B
England 3-0 Switzerland
Croatia 2-2 France
18 June 2004 - Group C
Bulgaria 0-2 Denmark
Italy 1-1 Sweden
19 June 2004 - Group D
Latvia 0-0 Germany
Netherlands 2-3 Czech Republic
20 June 2004 - Group A
Spain 0-1 Portugal
Russia 2-1 Greece
21 June 2004 - Group B
Croatia 2-4 England
Switzerland 1-3 France
22 June 2004 - Group C
Italy 2-1 Bulgaria
Denmark 2-2 Sweden
23 June 2004 - Group D
Netherlands 3-0 Latvia
Germany 1-2 Czech Republic

Euro 2004 Quarter-final Matches

24 June 2004 - Match 25
Portugal (6-5p) 2-2 England
25 June 2004 - Match 26
France 0-1 Greece
26 June 2004 - Match 27
Sweden 0-0 Netherlands (4-5p)
27 June 2004 - Match 28
Czech Republic 3-0 Denmark

Euro 2004 Semi-final Matches

30 June 2004 - Match 29
Portugal 19:45 Netherlands
01 July 2004 - Match 30
Greece 19:45 Czech Republic

Euro 2004 Final Match

04 July 2004 - Match 31
Winner Match 29 19:45 Winner Match 30 

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Anubis on 06-28-2004 at 12:43 PM

Only glad thing I can say is that France is out...I'm glad they got out at the same time as England...

RE: RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Sweety_0385 on 06-28-2004 at 08:54 PM

quote:
Well, we have a Netherlands fan!
Welcome to the forums Sweety_0385 :P

I am dutch, live in the netherlands nearby Amsterdam and supporting the netherlands (of course!:o)), what about u?

Anyway, Thanks for the welcome, Kafman! ;)

quote:
and she speaks portuguese too! :D

Hihi... I only know a few words in portuguese about the EURO 2004! i've downloaded a little course Portuguese from the LOI :P(www.loi.nl).

mod: use the edit button please.
RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Kafman on 06-28-2004 at 10:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sweety_0385
I am dutch, live in the netherlands nearby Amsterdam and supporting the netherlands (of course!), what about u?

Anyway, Thanks for the welcome, Kafman!;) 

Well, I am from Costa Rica (Central America :P) and I am supporting Netherlands and Czech Republic (actually I was supporting France but they lost with Grecce :@)

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Edu115 on 06-30-2004 at 08:46 PM

WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PORTUGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Sweety_0385 on 06-30-2004 at 08:58 PM

Congrats!   it was a nice match...
I hope Portugal will win now!

*****ForÇa PortuGal!*****
:o)

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Kafman on 06-30-2004 at 10:02 PM

why? Netherlands why?...:'(
Grrr :@ Portugal will lost
Come on Czech Republic!!!

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Kafman on 07-01-2004 at 09:04 PM

why? Czech Republic why?...:'(
all my favorites lost, :P
Come on Grecce, you can win the match against Portugal 8o|

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Kafman on 07-01-2004 at 10:16 PM

Well the finalists: Portugal-Grecce
who would win??
well is 99.9% that Portugal would win:P

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Kryptonate on 07-01-2004 at 10:27 PM

quote:
Well the finalists: Portugal-Grecce
who would win??
well is 99.9% that Portugal would win:P
no, it's not. Greece has turned out to be a very strong team. Portugal has to watch out for it.
RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Kafman on 07-01-2004 at 10:40 PM

you are right, but Grecce would have a hard match, they don't have many stars in their team, like Figo in Portugal.
Figo actually is playing very good, that would influence in the match very much.

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Kryptonate on 07-01-2004 at 10:49 PM

Figo is old already and personally I don't think he's playing that well. Maniche isn't bad and don't forget Ronaldo. It will be an exciting game Sunday I think.

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by toddy on 07-01-2004 at 10:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kryptonate
Figo is old already and personally I don't think he's playing that well
he will come to form in the final
RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Kryptonate on 07-01-2004 at 11:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by toddy
quote:
Figo is old already and personally I don't think he's playing that well
he will come to form in the final
how do you know? You can't predict that ;)
RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by toddy on 07-01-2004 at 11:09 PM

quote:
how do you know? You can't predict that 
how can't i predict that, a prediction doesn't have to come true. and it doesn't have to be based on anything, a prediction can be totally random
RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Edu115 on 07-02-2004 at 01:15 AM

Figo was elected the best player by UEFA in our last match..

And i personally think we'll win Greece.. Because we lost against Greece, but our team was just BAD.. we hadn't Ricardo Carvalho, Deco, Ronaldo, Miguel.. Our team was just weak.. And then, with them playing, we scored one goal, even with Greece in his main area..
But ok, Greece won against France, Czech and did a good game against Spain.. So, it will be an hard match..

What an Euro.. i think i've never seen such a brilliant competition :)

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Johnny_Mac on 07-02-2004 at 02:15 PM

quote:
you are right, but Grecce would have a hard match, they don't have many stars in their team, like Figo in Portugal.
I think its impossible to predict a final really. :undecided:

It doesnt matter who has the best players, its all about the days performance.
RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Kafman on 07-03-2004 at 06:38 PM

Well, tomorrow is the great final: Portugal vrs Grecce

Come on Grecce the revelation team!!

This Eurocup is one of the best I have see in my life!!!

I know is difficul to predict a final, but my score for that match would be 1-2

Post your scores ;)!

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Varish on 07-03-2004 at 06:39 PM

3-2 to Portugal

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Johnny_Mac on 07-03-2004 at 07:52 PM

1-0 Portugal. Silver Goal.

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Omar on 07-03-2004 at 08:46 PM

Greece will win in Penalty kicks...

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Vazza on 07-03-2004 at 09:21 PM

Its not gonna get to penalty kicks, coz Portugal is gonna win. Score prediction.......
* Vazza gazes deep in the crystal ball

At half time will be 1-1.Greece wil have scored first.
Final Score 2-1 Portugal

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Tochjo on 07-04-2004 at 09:26 AM

Time for my crappy score prediction...
Half time: 0-0
Full time: 1-1
Extra time half time: 1-1
Extra time fulll time: 2-1 for Greece

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Fredzz on 07-04-2004 at 09:28 AM

U are all wrong ^o)

Portugal will win for sure yeah (Y)
Live long and prosper! :D

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Weyzza on 07-04-2004 at 09:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Vazza
At half time will be 1-1.Greece wil have scored first.
Final Score 2-1 Portugal
I agree with this prediction, except for the team which will score first :p
Portugal has the damn "host advantage" :mipdodgy:

Well, that happened on Portugal vs. England :-/
RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Edu115 on 07-04-2004 at 10:09 AM

Today is the DAY!!! GO PORTUGAL! "Marca mais, corre mais, MENOS AIS MENOS AIS, MENOS AIS, quero muito MAIS!!!"

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Raizer Sabre on 07-04-2004 at 05:27 PM

i hope portugal gets knocked out by greece, for the way they beat us! i also hope greece wins for beating france!

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Varish on 07-04-2004 at 08:40 PM

This is unbelievable, Portugal  loose. :'(

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Anubis on 07-04-2004 at 08:41 PM

W00T, Greece have won...W007....Glad it wasn't Portugal because they beat us, lol, W007....anyone see that nutter on the pitch? That sure was funny
[Image: attachment.php?pid=272582]

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Vazza on 07-04-2004 at 08:43 PM

Just to let you know

Greece 1 Portugal 0

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Johnny_Mac on 07-04-2004 at 08:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fredzz
U are all wrong
quote:
Originally posted by Fredzz
Portugal will win for sure yeah
:refuck::refuck::refuck:
quote:
Originally posted by Chloe
This is unbelievable, Portugal  loose.
:O
quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
W00T, Greece have won...W007....Glad it wasn't Portugal because they beat us, lol, W007....anyone see that nutter on the pitch? That sure was funny
He was the best Portuguese national on the pitch. :lol:

Well done greece. :P

RE: RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by EGIS on 07-04-2004 at 09:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Johnny_Mac
quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
He was the best Portuguese national on the pitch. :lol:

He was spanish I think, Catalan flag or something.
Anyways Congratulations Greece!
RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Jhrono on 07-04-2004 at 10:19 PM

man i'm portuguese...greece had a big f****** luck!god how is it possible...ok...no worry...world cup germany 2006 is for us boys:p leave our way;)

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by |Rolando| on 07-04-2004 at 10:24 PM

greece don't deserve it :dodgy:
it's the first time in history that greece qualifies for the quarter finals... how can they end up winning ^o) ?

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Jhrono on 07-04-2004 at 10:30 PM

|rolando| i totally agree with you man!
tell me smthng how do i put images in my signature?i'd like to put a euro2004 image there...

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by EGIS on 07-04-2004 at 10:43 PM

Don't deserve it??
They beat France, Czech Rep. and Portugal twice. Don't say they didn't deserve winning Euro 2004.

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Joe on 07-04-2004 at 10:46 PM

GO GREECE!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK NEXT YEAR PORTUGAL!!!

i couldn't care less about it though

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Jhrono on 07-04-2004 at 10:46 PM

oh eggis you should do ur homework...
Portugal won Spain,ENGLAND and HOLLAND!
Greece game stile is always the same!They make the opponent tired then they score a :refuck: goal...that just aint fair...

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by st0rm on 07-05-2004 at 12:06 AM

WOO GO GREECE!!!

hunni, its called strategy, look it up in the dictionary, ur teamz can find a new strat evry game, an they expect greece to do tha same, buh they dont, so they win, an look wat happend, we won the finals! have a tear, therez alwaiiz 2006 ok

ciaoo!

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Garndell on 07-05-2004 at 12:22 AM

The better team won.  Greece may have been in the QF for the first time BUT they know how to defend solidly & UP THE FIELD (Sven, take some lessons).

Portugal couldn't deliver the goods when it really mattered.  They beat Spain for the first time in a competetive game for years and that will be remembered for many years.

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by MessEnGer on 07-05-2004 at 12:34 AM

This was a weired series one by one all my favourites lost :(

unpredictable series all throughout

i wonder it was the Gods or some other kind of Gods for Greece tht they won

wow thts a surprize..

did u'll see poor ronaldo crying...

i didnt see figo's reaction
but well all happens for the best

better luck next time

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by Garndell on 07-06-2004 at 07:14 AM

Figo was staring into China, if you get me.

RE: Euro 2004 - (Portugal) by PuNkEyMoNkEy on 07-08-2004 at 11:24 PM

Im SO glad greece one
ELLAS!!!!!WOOOT!!