Shoutbox

Problem with multi-user chat - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Problem with multi-user chat (/showthread.php?tid=25381)

Problem with multi-user chat by Hikaru79 on 05-16-2004 at 11:13 PM

I'm not sure if this is an MSN problem or a Plus! problem, but I'll put it here anyway since I don't remember having it before Plus! was installed ^ ^;

Whenever I'm in a multi-way convo (3 or more people), there is a HUGE lag pause whenever someone new exits or joins the convo.  This doesn't apply only to that window-- it happens to EVERY MSN window I've got open. They all freeze for about 30 seconds, at which time they will all suddenly rush back to life with the past 30 seconds' worth of messages. :( Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

:) Thanks!8-|

RE: Problem with multi-user chat by Ezra on 05-17-2004 at 09:48 AM

Maybe empty your cache?

And do you have the Handwriting Plugin installed?

RE: Problem with multi-user chat by Hikaru79 on 05-18-2004 at 03:00 AM

Nope, no plugins other than Plus! installed =/ I upgrade to 6.2 however, and the problem seems to have disappeared. Although whether this is because Plus! is gone, or because it's 6.2 is anyone's guess. :(

Will Plus!3 be compatible with 6.2? With Trillian?

RE: Problem with multi-user chat by Ezra on 05-18-2004 at 07:12 AM

It will be with 6.2, but not with Trillian. Plus! is only for MSN and Windows Messenger.

RE: Problem with multi-user chat by Sk3tch on 05-18-2004 at 07:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Hikaru79
Will Plus!3 be compatible with 6.2? With Trillian?
As Ezra said, yes MSN Messenger 6.2 and Windows Messenger but not Trillian, and if you can't wait a few days for the final release of Plus!3 the current Messenger Plus! download does work with 6.2 ;)

If you appear to get the same problem again with multi-user chat in the future, please post again :)