Shoutbox

The removal instructions for the sponser doesn't work - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: The removal instructions for the sponser doesn't work (/showthread.php?tid=25390)

The removal instructions for the sponser doesn't work by Curll on 05-17-2004 at 04:23 AM

So, how do I get rid of it manually?

RE: The removal instructions for the sponser doesn't work by Patchou on 05-17-2004 at 05:02 AM

What doesn't work exactly?

RE: The removal instructions for the sponser doesn't work by rafa on 05-17-2004 at 11:41 PM

In my case I have unistalled the messenger plus however IE still has the bar called DART WARN. Also, during the unistall process it did not ask me to type any number to confirm the process.

How can I get rid off the DART WARN bar?

RE: The removal instructions for the sponser doesn't work by Ezra on 05-18-2004 at 07:26 AM

Reinstall Plus! with the sponsor again, and then uninstall it again. The uninstaller of the sponsor seems to be damaged, and it will be repaired if you reinstall... And if you reuninstall :P again, it will ask to type any number to confirm the process, and if it doesn't I don't think it is the sponsor :-).

Also read this carefully:http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=21598

RE: The removal instructions for the sponser doesn't work by rafa on 05-18-2004 at 08:46 PM

I've reinstalled and then uninstalled the software as per your email. However I still have the DART WARN bar on my IE.

Any ideas on how to remove this bar?

Rgds

RE: The removal instructions for the sponser doesn't work by Ezra on 05-18-2004 at 08:55 PM

I guess this bar iS not a part of the sponsor program of plus!

So you should search for ad/spyware with an ad/spy-remover.

You can download Ad-Aware 6 Standard here, this is a good ad-aware scanner!

RE: The removal instructions for the sponser doesn't work by Kryptonate on 05-18-2004 at 09:18 PM

the dart warn bar isn't part of the sponsor program, you must have added it another way. "My search bar" is from the sponsor.

RE: The removal instructions for the sponser doesn't work by RebelSean on 05-18-2004 at 09:27 PM

You can go to www.lavasoftusa.com and download ad-aware and it gets rid of it IF it isnt the sponser program...

RE: The removal instructions for the sponser doesn't work by rafa on 05-19-2004 at 03:16 PM

I tried ad-adaware 6.0 and spybot, however I still have the DART WARN bar on my internet explorer.

Any other guesses?

Thanks.

RE: The removal instructions for the sponser doesn't work by Sunshine on 05-19-2004 at 03:24 PM

Try Hijack this: http://download.com.com/3000-8022-10227352.html?tag=lst-0-4

RE: The removal instructions for the sponser doesn't work by Smethead on 05-19-2004 at 03:32 PM

You can do it manually but that's a big risk. I wouldn't do that if you don't know enough about the windwos register cause it can mess up your pc very badly.

RE: The removal instructions for the sponser doesn't work by rafa on 05-20-2004 at 02:20 PM

Thanks Sunshine. Hijack worked fine and removed the DART WARN bar from my IE.