Shoutbox

'Contact Info and Last Seen Online' - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: 'Contact Info and Last Seen Online' (/showthread.php?tid=25414)

'Contact Info and Last Seen Online' by lalabelle on 05-17-2004 at 08:31 PM

Hi

I just installed Mess Plus and am eager to try out all its features but I do need some clarification on something.  What is the difference between 'Last seen Online' and 'Last new chat'?  They seem to be the same for my contacts.  Also, it appears that my computer has just accumulated the time from when my contacts came online and just keeps adding time to it even though they have been 'offline' for hours.  So, for some of them it says for both categories 10 hours or more even though they have been 'offline'...could that just mean that they are 'appearing as offline'?

Thx for your help
L

RE: 'Contact Info and Last Seen Online' by Tochjo on 05-17-2004 at 08:36 PM

Last seen online indicates the time they were last seen online. Last new chat indicates the time you had a conversation with them.

Logically, a contact can be online without you having a conversation with him/her, but not the other way around.

quote:
Originally posted by lalabelle
it appears that my computer has just accumulated the time from when my contacts came online and just keeps adding time to it even though they have been 'offline' for hours
You should think "ago" after it; they were seen that long ago.

quote:
Originally posted by lalabelle
for some of them it says for both categories 10 hours or more even though they have been 'offline'...could that just mean that they are 'appearing as offline'
No, see above :)