Shoutbox

Windows Media Player... 10! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Windows Media Player... 10! (/showthread.php?tid=25476)

Windows Media Player... 10! by lylesback2 on 05-19-2004 at 01:26 AM

this is the first look at WMP10 :P.. it's a beta.. so don't get too excited and looking for it.. it's nothing really new...

btw.. it's very ugly LOL
[Image: attachment.php?pid=245527]
[Image: attachment.php?pid=245534]

RE: Windows Media Player... 10! by RebelSean on 05-19-2004 at 01:30 AM

LMAO.....thats ugly yes it is!!!! Gawd I hope they got themes for it couse I wont d/l it lookin at that!

RE: Windows Media Player... 10! by marissa on 05-19-2004 at 02:24 AM

wow, i just got windows media player  9 and i thought that was new:P but the same as in wmp 9  you can probably change the colour of the back ground

RE: Windows Media Player... 10! by .blade// on 05-19-2004 at 02:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by marissa
wow, i just got windows media player  9 and i thought that was new:P but the same as in wmp 9  you can probably change the colour of the back ground

Yes you can...it's suppose to carry over the colour you chose from WMP 9...I have it :P...worked for me.
RE: Windows Media Player... 10! by lylesback2 on 05-19-2004 at 02:41 AM

ya.. all colours work

RE: Windows Media Player... 10! by aNILEator on 05-19-2004 at 03:14 PM

you shouldn't really have WMP10.... i'm guessing your version is 9.00.00.3409 i don't think its that ugly definitely needs tidying up around the plugin bit and volume box also there are errors loading your media in the library section and i do miss my easy to get to sort by artist box but i'm sure all of this will be in the final release

RE: Windows Media Player... 10! by Guido on 05-19-2004 at 08:00 PM

It's ugly if you choose THOSE colors :P

[Image: aab.png]

It's not ugly otherwise :-/

RE: Windows Media Player... 10! by user13774 on 05-19-2004 at 08:04 PM

Dude, it's also ugly because it's a gif ^o)

hmm at Neowin they had a screen but now it says:

Update: We've had to remove the screenshots at the request of Microsoft.

Some better screens:

[Image: 124154.jpg]

[Image: 3.png]

It says on this second site that the version thing still shows 9.00.blabla but it really is 10 as you can see in this screen:

[Image: 1.png]

You can download it here by the way:
link removed, no posting leaked beats please.

RE: Windows Media Player... 10! by Pure_BY on 05-19-2004 at 09:01 PM

Blah does not look as attractive as WMP9 to me... hate the fact that menu is on top and not at the left..

Also not cool that it became just SQUARE... WMP9 has it's own shape, and that makes it look better..

But well, still lookin' forward to new features and everything..

Anyone any idea when this comin' out?

RE: Windows Media Player... 10! by Smethead on 05-19-2004 at 09:04 PM

i had it a long time, i even posted a screenshot already but the thread is removed, it was in T&T and it was something about flipped sites or something...

RE: Windows Media Player... 10! by RebelSean on 05-19-2004 at 09:15 PM

Ohhhhh ok I getcha....I thought that you couldn't change it lol...I'm retarted...:d lol

RE: Windows Media Player... 10! by MC Inferno on 05-19-2004 at 09:21 PM

I like tbh, but not as much as I love WinAmp 5 (H)

Btw, I LOVED WMP, and I finally made the switch. Do it, you won't regret y'all :P

RE: Windows Media Player... 10! by Pure_BY on 05-19-2004 at 10:39 PM

I tried WinAmp, and in my oppinion it sucked... Has too many useless features brought to your eyes in first and best place, while it does not even have sume extra bass effexts or any other sound enhancements besides of a simple equalizer, that does not even have a RAP setting...

No ratings...

I am stuck to WMP 4eva :P

RE: Windows Media Player... 10! by musicalmidget on 05-19-2004 at 11:47 PM

* musicalmidget hopes WMP10 will be better than 9. :-/

I used WMP 9 a long time ago and it went crazy, then I realised that it didn't come uninstall under Windows XP, so I had to format my hard-drive just to get rid of it.  For that reason I stopped using it and went back to 8.  If version 10 can be uninstalled, I'll use it again.

I also tried WinAmp, but I just couldn't get along with it, I don't know why.  Same with most other media players.  Maybe I'm just hard to please. :p

RE: Windows Media Player... 10! by aNILEator on 05-20-2004 at 07:28 PM

See on here i really like Pure_BY but in real life we probably wouldn't get on because of different tastes in music (well we wouldn't if we lived in the same town all his music scene lovers hate me) but on here it doesn't matter we share the same other interests i think its quite cool. I always try to get on with everyone but for some reason townies just feel the need to start fights with me hmmm maybe they just jealous they don't have long hair :p love y'all

RE: Windows Media Player... 10! by Radious on 05-20-2004 at 08:01 PM

It is not impossible to uninstall windows media player 9. I would not understand why you would uninstall it, i use it all the time. :P

You do not need the system restore utility, or even to reinstall windows to get rid of it.

Open the "run" box from your start menu (or hit Windows-key + R to open it)

In the "run" box you type: (or cut and past)

RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\wmp.inf,Uninstall.NT

And hit enter.

Follow the instructions and there you go, windows media player 9 is uninstalled. I think it only works on windows xp.

Nice day all :D