Shoutbox

Removing Menu - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Removing Menu (/showthread.php?tid=25607)

Removing Menu by ForcedRegistration on 05-22-2004 at 02:35 AM

How do I remove the menu entry added by Plus?  It forces me to widen my main window if I want to keep the menu ona single line; otherwise it adds an extra menu line to display itself.

RE: Removing Menu by BiZaRrE on 05-22-2004 at 02:43 AM

i'm not exactly sure what u mean (though i have a slight idea). can u take a screenshot of it then upload it here. save the image as .jpg, .gif or .png ....NOT .bmp (usually too large)

RE: Removing Menu by Mnjul on 05-22-2004 at 02:50 AM

No you can not remove Plus! menu from your Messenger window/Conversation window...because that could be used to spy others :)

RE: Removing Menu by ForcedRegistration on 05-22-2004 at 02:59 AM

wide.jpg shows the menu on one line, which for me makes the main messenger window fairly wide.

narrow.jpg is how I would love to have the window be, but as you can see this causes the menu to wrap into two lines.

Since I have already configured Plus, I don't need to access it anymore, and since it was the menu that was added, I figured there has to be some way of also removing it.

I would much rather remove the help menu, but I assume that is not possible, since it is an original part of messenger.

RE: Removing Menu by ForcedRegistration on 05-22-2004 at 03:11 AM

Sorry, I could not figure out how to attach two files on the same thread :$

Here is wide.jpg referenced above

RE: Removing Menu by weirdal27 on 05-22-2004 at 03:15 AM

if you get reshack you should be able to shorten some of the words like "help" or "contacts" or remove them completely (I'm not sure though)

RE: Removing Menu by matty on 05-22-2004 at 04:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by weirdal27
if you get reshack you should be able to shorten some of the words like "help" or "contacts" or remove them completely (I'm not sure though)

Nope no can do, the Menus are added in by Messenger a Certain way, so If you remove a menu its added into the Plus! menu and turns out to be one big large entire mess

Post your dll and i will fix it for you tomorrow morning
Edit
The dll I want you to zip up and post is...
msglang.dll

If you like this
[Image: attachment.php?pid=247007]

Then that is how I will do it

RE: Removing Menu by weirdal27 on 05-22-2004 at 04:38 AM

may i ask how you did that?

RE: Removing Menu by matty on 05-22-2004 at 04:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by weirdal27
may i ask how you did that?

1) Experience
2) Reshack

RE: Removing Menu by EvilSeph on 05-22-2004 at 05:37 AM

Regardless, we won't assist you in removing the menu. Messenger Plus! is not a spy-assisting program, it's shown right in the open that Messenger Plus! is installed and running on the system.

If you do modify MSN Messenger, we aren't liable. If you modify Messenger Plus! you'll gain quite a lot of enemies here :), just live with the fact that the menu acts as a sign that Messenger Plus! is currently running.

RE: Removing Menu by matty on 05-22-2004 at 03:05 PM

Here is the english version :)

Download zip file from here

Instructions
Shutdown MSN Messenger
RENAME YOUR CURRENT MSGLANG.DLL TO SOMETHING
Unzip the file to C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger (or whereever you have MSN Messenger installed.)

Restart MSN Messenger

This is for MSN Messenver version: 6.2.0133