Shoutbox

@msgplus.net W32.Netsky.P@mm virus :S - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: @msgplus.net W32.Netsky.P@mm virus :S (/showthread.php?tid=25641)

@msgplus.net W32.Netsky.P@mm virus :S by Re-Mi on 05-22-2004 at 05:47 PM

The last couple of weeks i recieve 2 emails on my ....@msgplus.net every day with the W32.Netsky.P@mm virus norton intercepts them but now it's getting kinda anoying.

I also have 3 others e-mail adresses running on outlook and those doesn't do that so it's not a virus on my pc. an btw i reformatted my pc 2 weeks ago and this is going on much longer.

What can i do about this and does anybody else got the same problems ..

maybe chris can anwser this for me(us)

RE: @msgplus.net W32.Netsky.P@mm virus :S by lylesback2 on 05-22-2004 at 06:04 PM

:S could be a fake... there programs that can make it look like someone is inside your e-mail account and sending you the msg :P

just another stupid thing

RE: @msgplus.net W32.Netsky.P@mm virus :S by Choli on 05-22-2004 at 06:08 PM

If i remember well, I had that problem some time ago (also with te @msgplus.net account) :-/ I think I posted a thread about that, not sure tho. The problem no longer happens now :)

RE: @msgplus.net W32.Netsky.P@mm virus :S by Kryptonate on 05-22-2004 at 06:11 PM

There isn't much that you can except running an updated antivirus and don't open e-mails from people you don't know or don't trust.
I had this a while ago too, it has nothing to do with the @msgplus.net server. Appearently a lot of people have your e-mailadress stored and the virus is being send to all e-mailadresses it can find.

RE: @msgplus.net W32.Netsky.P@mm virus :S by Anubis on 05-22-2004 at 06:38 PM

I had the same exact problem today...but I use Hotmail...there are loads of programs that make it look like its being sent from one address when in fact it is not...if there wasn't spamming would be cut down in seconds...

RE: @msgplus.net W32.Netsky.P@mm virus :S by kao on 05-22-2004 at 11:35 PM

Its happening all over the place, my @kaonet.net email gets them 2 or 3 times a day aswell, sometimes 5+ times in one day, i just click junk the delete, and they're slowely coming less and less

RE: @msgplus.net W32.Netsky.P@mm virus :S by MC Inferno on 05-23-2004 at 12:15 AM

Me Too, but mines from people, and they dont know they've sent it. I get it 3 or 4 times a day. Pain in the arse tbh.....

RE: @msgplus.net W32.Netsky.P@mm virus :S by Mike on 05-23-2004 at 10:54 AM

Im also getting these type of emails that say "Your email could not be received to blah@blah.blah"
It has some more text there and it also has an attachment.
If i open the attachment it has a virus.
I rarely get these emails...
Btw im using hotmail...

RE: @msgplus.net W32.Netsky.P@mm virus :S by CookieRevised on 05-23-2004 at 01:55 PM

I recieve +-20 of those Netsky-mails a day on my msgplus email.
(of course my email is in my sig, so that's pretty public and hence the large amount of emails I recieve) Nothing can be done. Replying to those emails is useless because the from-field is spoofed. The only thing you can do is filter them out with the buildin spamfilters of your emailclient or use a 3rd party spamfilter (which does exactly the same actualy).

Of course it would be great of the administrators of the msgplus mailserver could filter them out at the server, so we don't even recieve them anymore...