Shoutbox

Plus plug ins compatability? Plus 2.74 and Plus 3 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Plus plug ins compatability? Plus 2.74 and Plus 3 (/showthread.php?tid=25704)

Plus plug ins compatability? Plus 2.74 and Plus 3 by jamie198402 on 05-23-2004 at 08:49 AM

Are all Plug ins from 2.74 compatable with the new version Plus 3 :P In particular WMPlus2> i love this plug in :P. i have notice that the screenhot sender 2 plug in is in version 3 if u had it in version 2,74 :). how and why. also why are not the others plug ins :( are the ohers compatable any suggestions that WMPlus2 and others may work. Are there any planned changes to any of the 2.74 version plug ins so that they work with version 3.

Jamie

RE: Plus plug ins compatability? Plus 2.74 and Plus 3 by Stigmata on 05-23-2004 at 08:50 AM

* Stigmata waits and wants a new plugin template :)

RE: Plus plug ins compatability? Plus 2.74 and Plus 3 by Anubis on 05-23-2004 at 08:53 AM

Usually it has to do with the ReceiveNotify that the Visual Basic plugin uses...if Plus! 3 accepts a different ReceiveNotify to the one that was used in the plugin it's not accepted...

RE: Plus plug ins compatability? Plus 2.74 and Plus 3 by Choli on 05-23-2004 at 09:06 AM

yep, the plugins for 2.54 can be used in plus 3, however I'd suggest developers take a look at the new template to improve their plugins.

RE: Plus plug ins compatability? Plus 2.74 and Plus 3 by Windows XP Pro Fre on 05-23-2004 at 09:38 AM

I'm looking for this plugin to DL. Cause the one on msg plus site is down??

RE: Plus plug ins compatability? Plus 2.74 and Plus 3 by jamie198402 on 05-23-2004 at 09:39 AM

quote:
Usually it has to do with the ReceiveNotify that the Visual Basic plugin uses...if Plus! 3 accepts a different ReceiveNotify to the one that was used in the plugin it's not accepted... Anubis - Today at 09:53 AM

What you just said just went over my head :(. Hopeful they are some compatable and  there are fixes to them or new versionsto replace WMPlus say :)

Jamie
RE: Plus plug ins compatability? Plus 2.74 and Plus 3 by Anubis on 05-23-2004 at 09:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Windows XP Pro Fre
I'm looking for this plugin to DL. Cause the one on msg plus site is down??
Yes, there is a bug with the Plugin download database, please see http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=25707 it should be fixed relatively soon...
RE: Plus plug ins compatability? Plus 2.74 and Plus 3 by Dempsey on 05-23-2004 at 10:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jackass_wanabe
* jackass_wanabe waits and wants a new plugin template :)
teres only one change in the plugin ssmple, and thats the Configure function.
RE: Plus plug ins compatability? Plus 2.74 and Plus 3 by Choli on 05-23-2004 at 10:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
quote:
patchou also changed some things in the displaytoast function to avoind some dodgy things :P
RE: Plus plug ins compatability? Plus 2.74 and Plus 3 by Dempsey on 05-23-2004 at 10:12 AM

ah yea i forgot that

RE: Plus plug ins compatability? Plus 2.74 and Plus 3 by Mike on 05-23-2004 at 10:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
quote:
quote:
patchou also changed some things in the displaytoast function to avoind some dodgy things :P

Like...? :P

Anyway my plugins work...
Actually i dint try them all because i have many plugins but...
RE: Plus plug ins compatability? Plus 2.74 and Plus 3 by Choli on 05-23-2004 at 10:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike2
quote:
Originally posted by Choli
quote:
quote:

Like...? :P

Anyway my plugins work...
Actually i dint try them all because i have many plugins but...
what he changed was related to a bug that made plus and messenger chrash if a dodgy plugin displayed a long text in the toast. I've reported it and patchou added something in the template to avoid that (Y)
RE: Plus plug ins compatability? Plus 2.74 and Plus 3 by Art Crazy on 05-23-2004 at 11:04 AM

I had at least 20 plug ins and now only ten work!!! One of the ones that disappeared is the handwriting one!

EDIT, sry didnt know I had to copy the plugins folder from C:/Programas/Messenger Plus! 2/Plugins
to C:/Programas/Messenger Plus! 3/Plugins...

RE: Plus plug ins compatability? Plus 2.74 and Plus 3 by CookieRevised on 05-23-2004 at 01:48 PM

Patchou also added many security checks for plugins IIRC. This makes that dodgy or bad made plugins aren't compatible anymore...

RE: Plus plug ins compatability? Plus 2.74 and Plus 3 by Pete_M on 05-23-2004 at 06:21 PM

Could anyone please tell me if the popular "window closed/opened" notifiers (Wouters, Mystic etc) are MSGPLUS 3 compatible or not? Thanks.

RE: Plus plug ins compatability? Plus 2.74 and Plus 3 by CookieRevised on 05-23-2004 at 10:09 PM

Wouters OpenConvo plugin works also...

RE: Plus plug ins compatability? Plus 2.74 and Plus 3 by jamie198402 on 05-24-2004 at 04:42 PM

Hi. I was the creator of this thread :). I was one of the first to get MsgPlus 3.

When i got MsgPlus 3 only 1 plug in worked :( i was using MSN Messenger 6.2 with MsgPlus 3 :P most of the day but signed out mid afternoon.
On my return to MSN in the evening I had almost all my plug ins were listed :S:o and i have tried a couple and they worked :) as there is alot of commands so i did not try everything :(. With my latest log on i have all my plug ins i used in Plus 2.74 back again :).

Are any plugins in the process of being updated or in the creation stage (i like plug ins:) and new functions :P) for a new version if so how do a person remove the old plug in and update with an another version.

What i suggest that this gradual increase is the validation process of plug ins for MsgPlus3 did anyone else experience the same or its continuing.

Jamie

RE: Plus plug ins compatability? Plus 2.74 and Plus 3 by Chrono on 05-24-2004 at 08:46 PM

PETE_M, a new thread was created with ur posts. u can find it here:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=25950