Shoutbox

MsgPlus2 - NEW Website - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+---- Forum: Announcements & News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+----- Forum: Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+------ Thread: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website (/showthread.php?tid=2571)

MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by Johnny_Mac on 12-14-2002 at 08:27 PM

This is a request for anyone with advanced skills in graphic design and website making... Patchou is handing out the project to one (maybe 2) people to design and full make the new site.

Anyone wishing to apply, could they please send an example of graphics/sites you have designed with proof and your experiences with website design to:

<<thread closed>>

All applicants will be considered and then Patchou will mail the person given the task with a tree of designs, etc...

Note: The new website will take a lot of work and be very in depth, for example, long extensive answers to FAQ's etc. Therefore knowledge of Plus! would be ideal.

Thank you.
(Post made on behalf of Patchou).

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by kastermester on 12-14-2002 at 09:45 PM

The mail can't be delivered (i can't send it) :-( Write if you want it here.

Kaare

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by reisyboy on 12-14-2002 at 11:25 PM

Well i have already been speaking to patchou, he was saying when the site is made i can do a interactive plus! agent to do a newbbie tour and explanationon howto use plus :)

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by Muss on 12-15-2002 at 05:02 AM

Maybe you should get a few people to check the english in it :Refuck:

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by shine on 12-15-2002 at 05:22 AM

:p sorry but I dont have any proof to give :p :(

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by Menthix on 12-15-2002 at 10:26 AM

www.msgplus.net is gonna be the new domain for the new site then? that would be cool!

RE: RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by reisyboy on 12-15-2002 at 01:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Muss
Maybe you should get a few people to check the english in it :refuck:

Dont worry i will.
RE: RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by Johnny_Mac on 12-15-2002 at 06:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jae_x777
www.msgplus.net is gonna be the new domain for the new site then? that would be cool!

yeah, it is.
RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by kittyangel on 12-15-2002 at 09:18 PM

I like the idea of Messenger plus is going to be in the new site. When will the new version of messenger plus! come out anywayz?

RE: RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by Bugz on 12-15-2002 at 10:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kittyangel
When will the new version of messenger plus! come out anywayz?

before the end of the year
RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by shazaam on 12-16-2002 at 02:22 AM

Cant Wait til mp2 is out im really looknig forward to it, keep up the good work patchou and i think a new asite is a great idea

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by kittyangel on 12-16-2002 at 02:37 AM

By the end of the year?  i can't wait for this msg plus 2!  I know it's going to be great!  keep up the good work, patchou!

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by Patchou on 12-16-2002 at 05:20 PM

Yes, the first public version of MP2 will be released by the end of the year, if everything continues to go well.

The new web site is VERY important, I count on all of you... if you are talented, email Johnny. Here are the restrictions: I want something bright, not dark with some nice graphics... a great web site as we see nowadays on the web!

I do not want java applets (javascript is ok) and keep in mind that I'm the one who will put content and who will administrate the site. So what I request is a template that can be modified (possibility to add pages and menus). Of course, I will allow the creator of the site to put its copyright at the bottom of every page. Also, note that I'll be the one who will host the site. Thanks to Johnny, we now have www.msgplus.net... the site will still be hosted on patchou.com and msgplus.net will be used as a forward adress (at least, for now).

At the end of the week I'll pick a designer and I expect him to be able to do a first draft of the site in 10 days.... however, if you think that makind a great site takes more time, I have no problem with that.. I prefer to wait and have a excellent result at the end :).

Also, I'm searching for a graphic artist who will be able to do some logos for the software and the site.... for that too, email Johnny. The chosen one will receive a beta version of MP2 asap so that he can think about where to put some nice/light graphics to make the interface more enjoyable.

Even if I'm not on the forum lately, I assure you that I don't forget about all of you... MP2 is progressing well, you'll all soon have the chance of seeing it in action thanks to the work of my alpha testers :).

Tchuss!
Patchou.

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by bkwoodroff on 12-16-2002 at 05:33 PM

I don't currently have any proof..but if I were to throw together a quick template or sketch, would i be able to call that my 'proof'?

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by Johnny_Mac on 12-16-2002 at 05:35 PM

Any ideas, designs drawings, sketches, of any logos, templates or anything are good enough. I have also got copied of all the logos posted in the other threads. ;)

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by mofaisy on 12-16-2002 at 05:35 PM

Way to go patchou..........(Y) hope u'll find what u r looking 4;)

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by bkwoodroff on 12-16-2002 at 05:36 PM

excellent, alright, thanks jmac, i'll put somethin together tonite!

RE: RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by Chrono on 12-16-2002 at 08:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by reisyboy
Well i have already been speaking to patchou, he was saying when the site is made i can do a interactive plus! agent to do a newbbie tour and explanationon howto use plus :)

That would be cool (Y)
RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by Menthix on 12-16-2002 at 08:55 PM

Announcement on mess.be now :)

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by reisyboy on 12-16-2002 at 09:12 PM

Just saw it nethin on MSN Fanatic or their forums ?

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by kittyangel on 12-17-2002 at 12:14 AM

I want to help but i am just a beginner in making a website.  ha ha...hope Patchou can find the right person who can help.  Looks like Messenger Plus! is really coming along!

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by tibbsa on 12-17-2002 at 04:34 AM

I would strongly encourage Patchou, and all involved in the development of this new web site,  to at least consider the potential accessibility issues associated with the site, for persons with disabilities.  In my case, I'm visually impaired, and access the 'net via auditory means only.  A fancy web site with lots of nice looking graphics does me NO good whatsoever if (a) it cannot be navigated with the keyboard, and/or (b) no 'alt=' text is provided for any of the images/links. 

The keyboard navigability of Plus! itself is questionable in places, at least in the 1.42b version, so I can only hope that this has been addressed somewhat in the next release.

The following site may be of interest to those involved:
http://www.w3.org/WAI/Resources/

Thank you for your consideration of the matter.  I look forward to the launch of the new site, and, more importantly,  to the release of MP2!

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by kittyangel on 12-17-2002 at 06:13 AM

yep yep, the most important is the release of MP2!  which i love the most!  :-)

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by henry on 12-17-2002 at 01:00 PM

[Image: download.php?id=160]

RE: RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by Menthix on 12-17-2002 at 01:13 PM

quote:
Just saw it nethin on MSN Fanatic or their forums ?

Nope... i'm giving mess.be a special treatment this time :D
....and mess.be is gonna give us a special treatment (Jae's not saying anything more). :P
RE: RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by user2319 on 12-17-2002 at 01:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by henry
[Image: download.php?id=160]

hmm... cool logo! but it must not be ''patchou'' but ''Patchou`s'' get it ok?? that would be way better! :grin::D
RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by shine on 12-17-2002 at 01:51 PM

He imitated windows logo. Thats why its like that

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by AI on 12-17-2002 at 03:06 PM

I like the logo, it could be a bit fuller tho

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by Patchou on 12-17-2002 at 03:29 PM

Answer to tibbsa: yes, I've considered this in MP2 and every window can be easily navigated using the keyboard... I've put extra care just to be sure that people with dīsabilities can use the software easily.

Concerning logos and web site, I hope all of you send your work to Johnny because he'll be the one to compute the results for me and we will choose together.

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by reisyboy on 12-17-2002 at 08:01 PM

Pathou i was thinking what about using PHP-Nuke or a similar news kind of style like WinBeta and XBeta? Then all you would need i some good PHPers :p WDZ is one (Y) and somone to do sets of graphics. And my lil people Agents :D:P

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by WDZ on 12-17-2002 at 09:36 PM

That would be cool if it was PHP-based... all the help documents could use the same template and be generated by PHP. To add an FAQ page, you could just click a button and type some stuff into a form... :P

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by Kurt_cobain_idol on 12-17-2002 at 10:52 PM

hey,

i would HIGHLY recomend to use php. as this new msg+2 site is going to be updated and very busy. Php is much more flexible, and stable.

may i also recomend a CMS. PHP nuke sucks! use e107

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by Kurt_cobain_idol on 12-17-2002 at 10:54 PM

hey,

i would HIGHLY recomend to use php. as this new msg+2 site is going to be updated quite often and very busy. PHP is much more better suited to this envioment.

may i also recomend a CMS. PHP nuke sucks!!

use e107
http://jalist.com  -  the best PHP CMS around.

with e107 everything is runback end with php. once installed its very powerful,flexible,stable and easy to use.

if you are running the site from your own home Server it is also avalible in .tar.gz so should work with Linux.

USE e107 PLZ!

it also has lots of very usful plugins..
e107....e107...e107 :P

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by Patchou on 12-18-2002 at 03:35 PM

yep, there is database suppot on my web site... php, asp, whatever you want as long as it's a cool web site :). I just want to be able to add some content myself without too many problems.

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by Kurt_cobain_idol on 12-18-2002 at 03:45 PM

hey

i think that a site thats going to be constantly updated and as busy as MP2 is going to defintly be PHP. Also a CMS for this would also take great ease of the web master as page could be php rendered at the click of a button.

im no php wizzard but i know it pretty well. but i am quite good at making logos/graphics il post some of my MP2 logos laters.

Cya Guys

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by reisyboy on 12-18-2002 at 05:34 PM

ok dont use php-nuke but i think you should use that kind of style for a website (Y):)

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by bkwoodroff on 12-18-2002 at 07:21 PM

i agree. i've used phpnuke and postnuke before. they are good, but after taking a look at e107, i think its much better. i also think that the site should be run on that CMS. then the only development needed is the template. any php wizard can put together one of those easily. or you can download one of many from the net. i'm not an expert but i could probly stumble my way through a template...

RE: RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by kastermester on 12-18-2002 at 08:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
That would be cool if it was PHP-based... all the help documents could use the same template and be generated by PHP. To add an FAQ page, you could just click a button and type some stuff into a form... :P

Looking for a php programmer? Is there some php programmers out there, hmmm no-one to see. “But i trully forgotten that i cannot see my self :-D, i am quite good at php i have made som big systems in php i would be able to make nearly everything i wanted to. I would like to help and i have allready sendt a mail :-D

Kaare
RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by HiChO on 12-18-2002 at 09:32 PM

Well I have Been Long Time Away from u guys ... am somehow back :)
well
this is a great idea  if i had time i would have made it .. but i advice u patchou that the designer make the web in php and that to know it very well... u know this.. forum will be from ur site ... php is very imp language for design and very risky..

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by WDZ on 12-18-2002 at 09:55 PM

If Patchou's host supports PHP/SQL, then I think the new site should definitely take advantage of that. :D

Why should there be a CMS? That might be a little too much... it's just a site for one piece of software. :undecided:

quote:
Originally posted by kastermester
Looking for a php programmer?
* WDZ looks at self... found one! :refuck:

Actually, I'm not really interested in working on the site... :P
RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by HiChO on 12-18-2002 at 10:15 PM

well i think it wont be any site ...
i think patchou is going to make forum about vb too and that would be a large feild ... maybe java soon :P i know them and i will help :P

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by surfichris on 12-18-2002 at 10:26 PM

I'll be happy to design a PHP and MySQL backend for the site with full adminitration scripts.

http://atws.mindpowerinteractive.com/ currently runs an old CMS i designed, basically, the page navigation is generated by the scripts depending on the pages that exist in the control panel. The menu also folds out the further you go in. (Please note i only designed the shell of the layout. the rest is the site owners stuff (crappy)).
RE: RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by Johnny_Mac on 12-19-2002 at 02:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by HiChO
i think patchou is going to make forum about vb too and that would be a large feild ... maybe java soon :P i know them and i will help :P

Forums are made and adminisarted by WDZ... not Patchou, however he can ask WDZ to add things in if he wishes.
RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by Johnny_Mac on 12-19-2002 at 02:34 PM

I might as well repeat this again as people are going off on their own ideas.

Anyone wishing to make a site, php or whatever you like... please e-mail:

johnny_mac@msgplus.net

Applications can only be taken from there... no requests for adding images or anything will be taken off the forum.

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by Kurt_cobain_idol on 12-19-2002 at 02:58 PM

thats mate for agreeing. i would STRONGLY recomend a CMS. use e107..its the best CMS out there.

and it is relased under the GNU so you can modyfy it as you wish and modfy the themes/plugins as you wish.

plz dudes be wise...use e107

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by Kurt_cobain_idol on 12-19-2002 at 03:15 PM

logo version 1..
*more soon*

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by Bugz on 12-19-2002 at 03:21 PM

can't be used due to law protection of the msn logo

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by Kurt_cobain_idol on 12-19-2002 at 03:58 PM

ah k :( bloody corprate whores.im not going to take part in the site.

but surly you dont need any designs submitting if you are going to consider using CMS as the design is all rendered for you -  its php.

an HTML site woundt be suited to MSNPLUS2 enviorment...they cannot be updated on the fly..they are not as interactive and interactivity would be an important factor scene as the site will be very busy.

using CMS makes sense using HTML will just make life harder.

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by dudboi on 12-19-2002 at 04:28 PM

i presume that idea has already been up and you maybe havent read it?..hm...

p.s. does any1 have the big messneger icon?

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by firecracker on 12-20-2002 at 04:05 PM

well, i did take a webpage disign coarse in school, I am no PHP, or advanced script person, however Frontpage Servers work good, its easy fast, looks good, and when you change the link all the pages links will change. If you know how to use frontpage it can work really well.

Have you considered that if you can not find any people who can do PHP or any other website scripts?

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by mikezs on 12-20-2002 at 04:29 PM

I know PHP, and i am quite comforatble with using a MySQL backend... I'll be happy to HELP with the site, but i havent got the time to do the whole thing...

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by firecracker on 12-20-2002 at 04:32 PM

i c what you mean, frontpage isn't as nice as PHP, I agree.

but if you know everything about frontpage you can make a pretty nice site for minimal effort. I don't think you will need it but it maybe be something to think about. I have no more comments about this cause i'm not going to go on saying frontpage rocks. cause it doesn't, PHP can blow frontpage away, and the problem is with frontpage is it goes by the rule of, What You See Is What You Get.

PHP would be nice, however, patchou would need a permanent web master if he does not know PHP, or he would have to lean it. At the same time there is the problem that he would need frontpage to edit his page, which is not cheap so either way would have its problems. I would pick PHP. Patchou would have to think about it and decide for himself.

The reason why it is so hard to edit frontpage in its HTML is because the HTML is all scrambled and very hard to decode. But PHP is easy to decode if you know it well. because it was wrote by hand and is all neat (or it can be). But like i said, you have to know it.

RE: RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by jcwacky on 12-20-2002 at 04:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by firecracker

but if you know everything about frontpage you can make a pretty nice site for minimal effort. I don't think you will need it but it maybe be something to think about. I have no more comments about this cause i'm not going to go on saying frontpage rocks. cause it doesn't, PHP can blow frontpage away, and the problem is with frontpage is it goes by the rule of, What You See Is What You Get.

FrontPage is for amateurs, if you are doing a site in HTML, or even PHP, Dreamweaver is what you want.

RE: RE: RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by mikezs on 12-20-2002 at 04:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jcwacky
quote:

FrontPage is for amateurs, if you are doing a site in HTML, or even PHP, Dreamweaver is what you want.

www.purplespider.co.uk

no you dont, all you need is notpad :P
RE: RE: RE: RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by jcwacky on 12-20-2002 at 04:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mikezs
quote:
Originally posted by jcwacky
quote:

www.purplespider.co.uk

no you dont, all you need is notpad :P

I didnt mean writing it in 'raw' html!
RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by firecracker on 12-20-2002 at 04:49 PM

hmm, i heard of dreamweavre, heard it is good, does it really do PHP?

frontpage can be for amatures, after you learn the extensions, it can be useful. but i see no need to use the extensions for the purpose of this site that is coming

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by Johnny_Mac on 12-20-2002 at 04:51 PM

MPOV:

Why do we need php weblog... the site will be updated as much as it is now... why not just streach some effort out and make it nice, but without a sumbitty weblog thing. :s 

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by firecracker on 12-20-2002 at 04:52 PM

hmm, your write why are we talking about this, Whatever looks nice will work. and its turning into a conversation about PHP vs HTML.

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by kastermester on 12-20-2002 at 07:29 PM

Why are all here talking about FP and DreamWeaver when you have html code to do? No need for WYSIWYG editors (What You See Is What You Get). If I should be making code in DW or FP i would die!

That's my point of view.

Kastermester

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by WDZ on 12-20-2002 at 10:02 PM

It seems that some people aren't really clear about what PHP is. PHP is something that runs on the server and outputs HTML... it can't be compared with HTML. If you mean "PHP vs. no PHP," then that makes sense.

And I agree with Johnny... we shouldn't "go overboard"... a CMS packed with features isn't really needed... :rolleyes:

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by shazaam on 12-20-2002 at 11:38 PM

When will the new website will be started?

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by Musha on 12-21-2002 at 02:01 AM

will our membership still be valid on the new msgplus2 website forums?

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by dudboi on 12-21-2002 at 02:31 AM

Personally this is what i tihnk

When some of you said frontpage isnt as nice as php, thats technically wrong, because frontpage is a program while php is a scripting lang.

Scondly, Dreamweaver is for people who love to confuse themselves.

I like to use FP in collaboration with notepad, this way i get an easy to use WYSIWYG interface and I dont have to bother about adding wrong html.

For the php part, i jus copy the code and paste in FP, it will show up the same, just without the php scripts (coz i dont haf enuf space left on my HDD to install php)

thats about all :)

p.s. softboy, the websites gonna change, not the forums...

RE: RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by Johnny_Mac on 12-21-2002 at 09:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ~*SoftboY*~
will our membership still be valid on the new msgplus2 website forums?

Thes forums will stay the way they are now... in a sence, they were updated for MP2 a few weeks ago... We're talking about this site: http://www.patchou.com/msgplus being changed.
RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by Johnny_Mac on 12-21-2002 at 09:40 AM

Note: All applications are now in, and thank you to everyone, you will recieve a notice in the next few days whether or not you have been successful, and Thank you again.

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by Johnny_Mac on 12-21-2002 at 11:02 AM

As I noticed the work that had gone into the site, Patchou was made aware of it... and thank you for the work. :)

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by AI on 12-21-2002 at 12:38 PM

There is a download link for ...200a.exe is this the alpha version? (I haven't downloaded it but I don't think it should be there.

RE: RE: RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by reisyboy on 12-21-2002 at 02:07 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ

Looking for a php programmer? Is there some php programmers out there, hmmm no-one to see. “But i trully forgotten that i cannot see my self :-D, i am quite good at php i have made som big systems in php i would be able to make nearly everything i wanted to. I would like to help and i have allready sendt a mail :-D

Kaare

Well you and WDZ i am sure can work together and a few more people :)
RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by Freeze on 12-21-2002 at 03:25 PM

Normally, when everything goes according to plan, and most of the bugs are out, it will be somewhere around newyear, or even sooner, christmas :)

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by user2319 on 12-21-2002 at 04:06 PM

smg: your site rocks!!!
* user2319 thinks its cool :-)

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by AI on 12-21-2002 at 08:24 PM

Nice work further, but the page-turning is a bit slow. No big deal tho

RE: RE: RE: RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by kastermester on 12-21-2002 at 08:51 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ

Kaare

I'd like to.

Kastermester / Kaare
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by AI on 12-21-2002 at 08:58 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ

Kaare

I'd like to.

Kastermester / Kaare

Me too.
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by AI on 12-21-2002 at 09:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SMG
quote:
Originally posted by AI
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ

Kaare

I'd like to.

Kastermester / Kaare

Me too.

It would be really cool if you could combine my layout with php :-D

That shouldn't be too hard I think.
RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by Guido on 12-22-2002 at 06:38 AM

I've done a draft of "my" new site for Messenger Plus! 2. Please note that the content is almost the same of the one Patchou has nowadays, and I have gently taken some other text (only some text) from SMG, but I just wanted to be how could MP2 Site look like...

Hope i'm not late, because i spent a lot of time doing this site. Hope you like it!!!

[Image: sitead.jpg]
SEE IT HERE
Please tell me what you think...! :refuck:

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by bkwoodroff on 12-22-2002 at 08:27 AM

THAT is a brilliant design, Johnny, please, for the sake of all that is holy in the webdesign world, accept that, then let him fix his coding error on line 1!

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by bkwoodroff on 12-22-2002 at 09:01 AM

yea i agree, you two should combine ur efforts, smg u got the idea, and gfd has the graphic ability...since smg already has submitted, then if u two combined i'm sure it would kick major ass

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by dudboi on 12-23-2002 at 02:47 AM

...i may be able to help in some ways...:p

btw, fab layout u haf over there... although the content looks really plain

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by Bugz on 12-23-2002 at 09:02 AM

gr8 design gfd!!! (y)

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by HiChO on 12-23-2002 at 10:39 AM

not bad good work my friend but i  still find a php site is a must

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by Freeze on 12-23-2002 at 11:09 AM

I can do some PHP, and yes, i keep getting teh same error [line 1]

Anyhow, my MSN is fr33z3, so if you want, feel free to contact me

[to see one of my php examples: http://mongtastic.be It is in dutch, but you get the idea ;)]

and indeed, i think it is a little too xp-style alike. I don't think ANY of us here like MS, so why support them by making a site that looks like winXP???

I think GFD has enough graphical capabilities to make an original, non-ms related design, that may rock as well. The lay-out I really like tho ;)

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by shine on 12-23-2002 at 11:29 AM

Sorry but not every on here dislikes MS...

And you are right GFD's site and images remind your of existing logos....and reminds you of somethiing or other. Hes yet to get an original idea... but sure he's put a lot of work into it.

Your site is good one (y)..  But Patchou is looking for brighter colours and shades. Hes the client .... you have to consider his wishes right ?

And instead of doing it alone you can do it together... It will bring in more ideas...and thoughts.. the ultimate result will be the best

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by Freeze on 12-23-2002 at 11:44 AM

Hmm, first of all, i'd wait till patchou has chosen a logo :) only then we can start seeiing what colours to use...

RE: RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by Menthix on 12-23-2002 at 12:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by HiChO
not bad good work my friend but i  still find a php site is a must

Well.... my idea... why should just *1* do the site... i mean... for example... why not let GFD create the design and then let somebody else convert it to PHP.

I'm not saying GFD should be in, i have no control on that, his draft is very very great tough.
RE: RE: RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by madrose on 12-23-2002 at 12:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jae_x777

Well.... my idea... why should just *1* do the site... i mean... for example... why not let GFD create the design and then let somebody else convert it to PHP.

I'm not saying GFD should be in, i have no control on that, his draft is very very great tough.

I am new on those forums, so hi everyone.

I have to disagree with you, php is used to parse html code, and it is not practicale to do it the other way around. PHP is a very strong and fast scripting language, I have all my site done in php, it is realy very easy to work with php, and also you can include html inside the php code.

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by Guido on 12-23-2002 at 01:39 PM

Actually, you can insert PHP inside the HTML code.... (in php files)

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by dudboi on 12-23-2002 at 01:43 PM

u can insert html into php files but not php in html files...kinda confusing right...coz in actual fact you can mix html and php together, but then again you cant ...lol

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by shazaam on 12-23-2002 at 01:48 PM

Great Work GFD, I Love The Site You Made.

RE: RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by Guido on 12-23-2002 at 02:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dudboi
u can insert html into php files but not php in html files...kinda confusing right...coz in actual fact you can mix html and php together, but then again you cant ...lol

yes it's pretty confusing :D I don't know how to completely program PHP but I think I know how it works... and actually you put php inside html, don't you? of course, the file is .php but INSIDE the html you open <php? or something like that I now don't remember and when you close that tag you can use html again... maybe i'm wrong... but anyway, that's not the point of this thread
RE: RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by Guido on 12-23-2002 at 02:04 PM

greetings smg

quote:
Originally posted by SMG
aww gee thanks for ripping me off :-D
You know that's not my intention, I just wanted to add sample content quickly so that I could work on the design, and I stated that the content was YOURS. didn't I?

quote:
1. i keep getting [error on line 1]
I know and everybody knows, I'll try to fix it befor patchou sees it :grin:, thanks for reminding it...

quote:
2. Many of the icons are XP Style, patchou is tring to steer away from that so he doesn't get sued by M$ like they did to bink.nu
Yeah, TWO icons are Xp Style, ok... And i think that bink's windowsxp.nu was a little TOO notorious to Microsoft, i don't know why :grin:...

quote:
3. The link to MP300a.exe/zip are linking to my site and there isn't much point to that since they are fake.
I know, and AGAIN... i just copied-past the text in your site (and i wrote it here so that you had your deserved credit) not to lose time with the content, as it will probably be changed when Patchou starts to modify any site that he chooses... I wanted to emphasize in the design...

quote:
4. something's seriously wrong with the FAQ below the second <horizontal rule>, if you want to rip me off there too, download /msgplus/download_content.html and then use predefined css styles to change it to your fonts and stuff.
:lol: nice IRONY

quote:
5. you forgot to rip off the good bits of my site like
<body style="border-style: none;">,
<script language="javascript"><!--//
if(navigator.appName == "Microsoft Int............ and so on
well really i DIDN't want to rip that as that IS design and coding that is YOURS... and ripping that was just stealing your site, i wanted to show MY sample... (maybe with Patchou's text, and some yours)
quote:
Other than that, you've done some nice photoshoping :-D PM me your MSN and maybe we could combine the best of both worlds :-D
Thanks!! at least one gratification!! :grin: We've already talked...

quote:
And please for fucks sake put SMG back where it belongs, I dont care if our names together just dont make it look 100% original because it isn't, sorry for being rude.
* Guido is trying not to go mad... but it's difficult...
again....... and AGAIN... i just copied-past the text of some section(s) in your site (and i wrote it here so that you had your deserved credit) not to lose time with the content, as it will probably be changed when Patchou starts to modify any site that he chooses... I wanted to emphasize in the design... if that's not ok with you... then sorry, i didn't want to make you angry (6)....
RE: RE: RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by kastermester on 12-23-2002 at 02:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gfd
quote:

yes it's pretty confusing :D I don't know how to completely program PHP but I think I know how it works... and actually you put php inside html, don't you? of course, the file is .php but INSIDE the html you open <php? or something like that I now don't remember and when you close that tag you can use html again... maybe i'm wrong... but anyway, that's not the point of this thread

Hehe, are you guys confused?
Here is how it works. Php i like asp it runs on the server, and the client can only see the result, and PHP is placed INSIDE the html document. "phpmode" kan be opened by serveral ways:
1. <?php
2. <?
3. <script language="php">

With nb. 1 and 2 you will close phpmode by inserting ?> and the third is done by </script> Hope that can help.

Kaare / Kastermester
RE: RE: RE: RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by Guido on 12-23-2002 at 02:52 PM

quote:
PHP is placed INSIDE the html document.
that's what i meant

quote:
<script language="php">
wow i didn't remember the last one, but is logical . :grin:

thanks for your clarifications ;)

gfd
RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by dudboi on 12-23-2002 at 03:02 PM

you can actually place html inside php by starting with  <?  instead of <html> getting back to the topic...

RE: RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by kastermester on 12-23-2002 at 03:08 PM

quote:
you can actually place html inside php by starting with  <?  instead of <html> getting back to the topic...

Yes, but php is stil in the html file, but actually it can be in any file. php can even be an image, or a css file. But remember to send headers to the browser when using php in other files than html. Mozilla is not happy about using php in css files so i had to send this header "Content-type: text/css". Well, this i'snt a php tut.

Kaare  / Kastermester
RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by Freeze on 12-23-2002 at 03:59 PM

http://freeze.mongtastic.be/msgplus/

There ya have it, my contribution, nice and clean, and without errors AND in full php... as most of you want it ;)

The rest of teh pages will be uploaded ASAP. so don't nag about the include errors pleez :)

RE: RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by Guido on 12-23-2002 at 04:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Freeze
without errors AND in full php...don't nag about the include errors pleez :)

quite a contradiction ;)
and...
freeze:
previously you said
quote:
i think it is a little too xp-style alike. I don't think ANY of us here like MS, so why support them by making a site that looks like winXP
Then why you used the same xp arrows that i used?? Your mind is quite confusing... :grin:

And by the way, if you don't like Micro$oft, use Aol IM, ICQ, yahoo messenger, odigo, trillian,  or whatever... :confused:
RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by OCG on 12-23-2002 at 04:11 PM

Heh... You Tell Him GFD!!

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by Freeze on 12-23-2002 at 04:13 PM

yeah, may i tell you something, it's not because i don't like microsoft's attitude, that i don't like microsoft's products, especially the free ones ;)

Sorry if i didn't made that clear, my mistake :)

And about the errors... what's wrong with those, read my previous post once more..... i ment that there were no errors, and there are none, the only thing is, those pages aren't up yet.... so, no actual errors, only no content ;)

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by OCG on 12-23-2002 at 04:16 PM

It's Still Not Clear... You DON'T Like Their Free Products? ie. MSN Messenger? If Not, Why Use It.. Or This Site/Extension For That Matter?

RE: RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by Guido on 12-23-2002 at 04:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Freeze
Sorry if i didn't made that clear, my mistake :)
fine
quote:
And about the errors... what's wrong with those, read my previous post once more.....
i know..... (y) it was just a joke the thing about the contradiction, dont get mad (Y)... but again, your site is xp-style also... if you hated that why you use that arrows? maybe you like them how they look in YOUR creation?? ok, that's ok with me :refuck:
RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by Freeze on 12-23-2002 at 04:22 PM

nono :d feww, i really need to write pages of hundreds of words here for someone to understand me ;) just kidding aye, nono, i don't like microsoft's aggressive marketing, and teh way to high prices for windows... but i DO like windows, and all of the products, especially the FREE products [I especially LIKE the free products]

[EDIT]
About the arrows, I indeed think they're too XP-stylish, but i couldn't find any better ones ^^

Well, now you know ;)
[/EDIT]

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by OCG on 12-23-2002 at 04:29 PM

lolololol Alrighty Then

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by Freeze on 12-23-2002 at 04:33 PM

yesyes, but now... back to work, HOW DO YOU LIKE TEH SITE? :p

except for teh TEMPORARY errors [untill i get content ;)]

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by Bugz on 12-23-2002 at 05:22 PM

not bad at all
only remark i have: it would be better to open the forum in a frame, and giving a link for people who would like to see it fullscreen

RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by Johnny_Mac on 12-23-2002 at 06:15 PM

The discussion for who designs makes and uses whatever to make the new site is over. Discussion will continue between the people involved.

Topic Closed.

RE: RE: MsgPlus2 - NEW Website by WDZ on 12-23-2002 at 08:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Bugz
only remark i have: it would be better to open the forum in a frame, and giving a link for people who would like to see it fullscreen

Sorry for posting in the closed thread, but I just have to say that I disagree with that. The forum doesn't look good in a frame...