Shoutbox

Big DP without WTBW - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Big DP without WTBW (/showthread.php?tid=25786)

Big DP without WTBW by Fredzz on 05-23-2004 at 04:17 PM

i've searched the forums in other day and someone told (think it was Cookie) that Display pics and emoticons were stored in a folder.. "C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger"

he also said that the files were PNG but just renamed to .dat..
thats true.. if u take in one file and rename the extension to PNG, you can see it...

Now, i have Msn 6.1 and plus3 and wtbw doesnt load with plus3 right? but i've got one big display pic. ive made it before i installed Plus3.. could i replace that image with a new one i want now?

I tried to save an image as PNG and rename it to .DAT.. delete one of my old big DP (called TFR75.dat) and put in there the new DP with the same name TFR75.dat..
but then when i try to open the display pics menu it says: your display pics cant be used..please create new ones..

Is there any way to over pass this ? and can anyone explain me why it doesnt work that way?

RE: Big DP without WTBW by Kryptonate on 05-23-2004 at 04:48 PM

MSN resizes your image to fit into the dp-window. WBTW's plugin overrides this, so you can't do it manually.

RE: Big DP without WTBW by Maniac on 05-23-2004 at 07:56 PM

Question slightly related to this, is it possible to get people's DP in their original non-100x100 version?

RE: Big DP without WTBW by Stigmata on 05-23-2004 at 07:58 PM

get msn shell :P

RE: Big DP without WTBW by KeyStorm on 05-23-2004 at 08:21 PM

wtbwplug loads with plus! since it is a plus! plugin...

RE: Big DP without WTBW by Pure_BY on 05-23-2004 at 08:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fredzz
wtbw doesnt load with plus3 right?
Nope, not right :)

Wtbwplug does load with Plus! 3, but it does it only on MSN Messenger 6.1.0211. All the other versions are (currently) not supported.
RE: Big DP without WTBW by Choli on 05-23-2004 at 09:08 PM

quote:
and can anyone explain me why it doesnt work that way?
maybe because it stores some info of the dp (like the size or a checksum) somewhere and to make it work you should change that too. I'm not sure, tho.
quote:
Originally posted by VGProManiac
Question slightly related to this, is it possible to get people's DP in their original non-100x100 version?
if they use the wtbw plugin and you see their DPs in their original size, then yes, there are lots of program to stole DPs...

if they don't use wtbw plugin and you see their resized to 96x96 DP, then no, you only will be albe to get the resized version (unless, of course, you ask them to send the original file)
RE: Big DP without WTBW by CookieRevised on 05-23-2004 at 10:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
quote:
and can anyone explain me why it doesnt work that way?
maybe because it stores some info of the dp (like the size or a checksum) somewhere and to make it work you should change that too. I'm not sure, tho.
Correct. for each DP (or CE for that matter) there is also a checksum. IF you want to alter that then you need to decrypt, decode and edit map.dat in that directory. After that you need to encode and encrypt it again. In other words, you can't just change the contents of a picture manualy...

RE: Big DP without WTBW by BooGhost on 05-24-2004 at 12:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jackass_wanabe
but it does it only on MSN Messenger 6.1.0211. All the other versions are (currently) not supported.
yeh that's the easiest way :P

and it has autohide :D (works great with Plus! docking :P)
RE: RE: Big DP without WTBW by Pure_BY on 05-24-2004 at 07:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by BooGhost
quote:
but it does it only on MSN Messenger 6.1.0211. All the other versions are (currently) not supported.
yeh that's the easiest way :P

and it has autohide :D (works great with Plus! docking :P)

Quote was by me, and i think you replyin' in a wrong thread O_o
RE: RE: Big DP without WTBW by Maniac on 05-25-2004 at 12:20 AM

quote:
get msn shell :P

Whats that? ^o)
RE: Big DP without WTBW by CookieRevised on 05-25-2004 at 01:57 AM

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=25515

RE: Big DP without WTBW by Maniac on 05-25-2004 at 07:11 PM

Hmmm no thats not what i meant, what i mean is see your contact's DP as if they had the wtbw patch even if they dont...

RE: Big DP without WTBW by weirdal27 on 05-25-2004 at 08:58 PM

just wanted to say that i had the plugin when i had 6.1, then it stopped working in 6.2 so i uninstalled it
but i have 3 display pics saved on msn that are still big.
it may be possible without the plugin but im probably wrong ;)

RE: Big DP without WTBW by Sk3tch on 05-26-2004 at 03:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by weirdal27
but i have 3 display pics saved on msn that are still big.
it may be possible without the plugin but im probably wrong
As others have said, all the wtbwplug does is stop the picture/image from resizing when you add it. So after it has been added, it will stay that size ;)

But just so others know, it is possible to do this without wtbwplug and its possible to do it manually :)
(But don't quote me on that :P)
RE: Big DP without WTBW by Pure_BY on 05-26-2004 at 05:59 AM

I found a bug... I have to uninstall, than install wtbwplug every time i want to add a sized DP... If i install it, then restart MSN Messenger, it does not work! I have to install it, THAN restart, and than it works for 1 time (nah, 1 MSN Messenger session, until its restarted again) :S

RE: Big DP without WTBW by chris on 05-26-2004 at 06:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Pure_BY
I found a bug... I have to uninstall, than install wtbwplug every time i want to add a sized DP... If i install it, then restart MSN Messenger, it does not work! I have to install it, THAN restart, and than it works for 1 time (nah, 1 MSN Messenger session, until its restarted again) :S
yeah thats why i suggested for it to have a function to resize it liek /xbigdp[96x96(C:\mypics\example.jpg)] and it would resize it to 96x96 pixels so it woudl show up normal size and to have a full size one just do it the normal way
RE: Big DP without WTBW by conqie on 05-26-2004 at 10:25 AM

Hmm, it seems like everyone says wtbwplug only works with msn messenger 6.1

however... I installed msn messenger 6.2 and it kept working as it did before.

Also after installing msn plus 3, it kept working.
I've just downloaded wtbwplug from Mess.be when msn 6.1 was released since then I didn't search a newer version.

So, it just kept working on msn messenger 6.2 and MP!3

RE: Big DP without WTBW by Pure_BY on 05-26-2004 at 04:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by conqie
Hmm, it seems like everyone says wtbwplug only works with msn messenger 6.1

however... I installed msn messenger 6.2 and it kept working as it did before.

Also after installing msn plus 3, it kept working.
I've just downloaded wtbwplug from Mess.be when msn 6.1 was released since then I didn't search a newer version.

So, it just kept working on msn messenger 6.2 and MP!3
I think you mean that u can still use the DP's you have put in MSN before you installed 6.2. Thats normal. Now, if u have MSN 6.2, try to select a big pic on ur PC, and it will be resized to 96x96

RE: RE: Big DP without WTBW by Zink on 05-27-2004 at 12:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Pure_BY

yeah, it's the same with  me, it happen to me since I updated to plus3..  I'm using msn 6.1 so that isn't the problem ^o)

I think we have to wait till a new updated version of wtbwplug... n_nU
come on WTBW your plugin rocks!(Y) we all are claiming for an update ;):P (or however it should be said in english n_nU)
RE: Big DP without WTBW by paperless on 05-29-2004 at 10:47 AM

Yeah.. where is that guy?
I want to update my msn messenger and my msgplus i havent tried MSGPLUS3 yet coz of this wonderful plugin :(

RE: Big DP without WTBW by CookieRevised on 05-29-2004 at 12:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by PT_KiD
Yeah.. where is that guy?
That guy has a life too :P
It has been said many times before on this forum. If Wtbw has the time he will update it, until then have patience or wait for the StuffPlug-NG from TheBlasphemer, which will have the same functionality for DP's. But this is also in development...

If one of the two is released everybody will know about it, don't be afraid to miss out on it...

just have patience people...

;)
RE: Big DP without WTBW by chankz on 05-29-2004 at 08:23 PM

im having trouble getting my wtbwplug to work...:S i've installed it and restarted msn, but nothing shows up, and my display pics are still the same size...:S

EDIT: apparently I didnt know that the user's DP doesnt change...my firends say it does work. Is there anyway a new version will allow the user to see the larger picture as well?

RE: Big DP without WTBW by Choli on 05-29-2004 at 10:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by chankz
EDIT: apparently I didnt know that the user's DP doesnt change...my firends say it does work. Is there anyway a new version will allow the user to see the larger picture as well?
no , there isn't
RE: Big DP without WTBW by ayjay on 07-07-2004 at 08:02 PM

I've looked everywhere on the forum and searched but for some reason I can't find the actual marvelousness itself for my mate. Can I have the link to the download or forum page please?...

RE: Big DP without WTBW by CookieRevised on 07-07-2004 at 08:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by deej
I've looked everywhere on the forum and searched but for some reason I can't find the actual marvelousness itself for my mate. Can I have the link to the download or forum page please?...
Did you try the most logical place also? http://plugins.msgplus.net/

It's right there...

;)

RE: Big DP without WTBW by mopflash on 07-08-2004 at 04:07 PM

StuffPlug NG is already floating around the forums, it does give u a big display pic and it works for msn 6.2 aswell. And it also has some other cool features, just do some searching in the forums to find it and to figure out what u need to do to install it.