Shoutbox

Messenger! Plus 3 keeps disapearing :( - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Messenger! Plus 3 keeps disapearing :( (/showthread.php?tid=25806)

Messenger! Plus 3 keeps disapearing :( by Gt_bck_2_u on 05-23-2004 at 06:11 PM

This morning I downloaded Messenger! Plus 3.  I am so pleased with it, its a great improvement. 
Back to the point, I closed down my computer, and later I came back and turned it back on and Messenger! Plus 3 (is there a nickname for it) had disapeared.  Ill download it every time if I have to, but I really dont want to.
If anyone can help???????????????

RE: Messenger! Plus 3 keeps disapearing :( by RebelSean on 05-23-2004 at 06:14 PM

Do you mean the .exe file is gone or it is gone of Msn Messenger?

RE: Messenger! Plus 3 keeps disapearing :( by Anubis on 05-23-2004 at 06:17 PM

What OS are you using?
Does your account have admin privileges?
Have you installed the handwriting plugin if so close down all Messenger related applications and remove the file MsnHandWriting.dll from your Messenger Plus!\Plugins directory, most likely the default C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\Plugins but may be C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 2\Plugins

RE: Messenger! Plus 3 keeps disapearing :( by Gt_bck_2_u on 05-23-2004 at 06:24 PM

Messenger Plus has disapeared from messenger, I havent checked the .exe.
My os is windows 2000 proffesional.
No, my account doesnt have priveliges (damn administrators)
I was going 2 download the plugin, but I couldnt (privileges)
Can u help?

RE: Messenger! Plus 3 keeps disapearing :( by RebelSean on 05-23-2004 at 06:27 PM

Try to run the .exe again..That [/b] might [/b] help..

RE: Messenger! Plus 3 keeps disapearing :( by Anubis on 05-23-2004 at 06:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Gt_bck_2_u
No, my account doesnt have priveliges (damn administrators)
That's the problem...you need to get it uninstalled in Add Remove programs on the control panel and then get an administrator to install it on their account and then install it on your account...
RE: Messenger! Plus 3 keeps disapearing :( by Kryptonate on 05-23-2004 at 06:38 PM

You say you have Plus! installed buty you don't see the "Plus!" section anywhere in msn messenger right? I don't know if it's a problem with the administrators or not because a friend of me has got the same problem and uses windows 98. No mather how many time he installs , uninstalls, reinstalls it :-/.

RE: Messenger! Plus 3 keeps disapearing :( by Gt_bck_2_u on 05-23-2004 at 07:05 PM

Thank, you for your help.  I have sorted out this prolem.
Thanx again
Biiii!!!!!!

RE: Messenger! Plus 3 keeps disapearing :( by Vixen^ on 10-09-2006 at 02:38 AM

Can u please tell me how u fixed this...... i have reinstalled plus twice now, and it has disappeared again after restarting my puter. :(

RE: Messenger! Plus 3 keeps disapearing :( by Vixen^ on 10-09-2006 at 02:42 AM

btw, i run windows xp home, and installed as an administrator