Shoutbox

Word Filter-Maybe Bug - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Word Filter-Maybe Bug (/showthread.php?tid=25854)

Word Filter-Maybe Bug by stonesour on 05-24-2004 at 01:50 AM

when Using the wordfilter on words received, the max length of the filtered word is the same length as the word to be filtered, but for words sent the filtered version can be as long as you want.

This may or may not be a bug, but I think you should be able to have the received filtered word be as long as you want.

RE: Word Filter-Maybe Bug by CookieRevised on 05-24-2004 at 03:02 AM

this is a safety limitation. As you can only recieve a certain amount of characters, changing the words to something longer may corrupt/truncate the message...

(I hope I explained it well, Patchou or anyone?)

RE: Word Filter-Maybe Bug by Patchou on 05-24-2004 at 03:09 AM

These are technical limitations. I don't think it should cause a major problem (often, strings you want longer is for text you want to send).

RE: Word Filter-Maybe Bug by Varish on 05-24-2004 at 03:12 AM

That makes sense, but what i don't know is why i can't Filter one word (like i said before) (ie, Sending) like 'u' to 'you', Can someone explain why?

RE: RE: Word Filter-Maybe Bug by stonesour on 05-24-2004 at 03:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chloe
That makes sense, but what i don't know is why i can't Filter one word (like i said before) (ie, Sending) like 'u' to 'you', Can someone explain why?

Yeah that was one thing I found somewhat annoying. Maybe making it so that it has to be at least one character, because I really want to change u into you as well.

As for receiving, maybe just put a limit on it like 10 chars?
RE: Word Filter-Maybe Bug by Commander on 05-24-2004 at 04:08 AM

just realise a warning appears