Shoutbox

Sound problem? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Sound problem? (/showthread.php?tid=25923)

Sound problem? by k1ng on 05-24-2004 at 05:25 PM

Hello,
After i rebooted my Pc and installed Power DVD player my msn plus stoped playing the /shello sounds and toher ones like it. I though the dvd player was the porblem so i unninstalled and even reinstalled media player completely. Still the porblem occurs, maby its something with the Mpeg files?

RE: Sound problem? by RaceProUK on 05-24-2004 at 06:08 PM

The sounds are actually embedded in the DLLs that Plus! uses.
If you are having problems with the sound, try changing the codec used via Plus! | Preferences. If that doesn't work, then you could try reinstalling Plus!, but I think the first option will solve the problem.

RE: Sound problem? by EvilSeph on 05-24-2004 at 07:11 PM

Messenger Plus! can only be as reliable and as good as your system can be. If your sound configuration is messed or your codecs are screwed up, Messenger Plus! will almost definitely not work properly, when it comes to sound. Re-download the codecs and re-install them. There's a possibility that your codecs could be corrupted...

RE: Sound problem? by k1ng on 05-25-2004 at 05:17 PM

How shoul di check what codecs i have, if it doesnt matter can anyone give me a good codec link?

RE: Sound problem? by Lost_Soul on 05-25-2004 at 05:28 PM

>>How to Install and Remove Codecs and MCI Devices in Windows<<

This is the link to Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 142731, which might be a way to better understand what codecs (compression/decompression) are so you would be able to sort out what you may have done

RE: Sound problem? by k1ng on 05-25-2004 at 06:41 PM

Ty,

Ill try to figure out.

RE: Sound problem? by RaceProUK on 05-25-2004 at 09:16 PM

Let us know if you get it sorted.