Shoutbox

Watchdog not working? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Watchdog not working? (/showthread.php?tid=25948)

Watchdog not working? by Ezra on 05-24-2004 at 08:35 PM

I had a Multi-line nickname and it looked ok, but then I went away for some time (but left my msn on) and when I came back. My nick was on one line and some spaces were missing were the return used to be... I thought the new Watchdog would stop this from happening?

A bug maybe?

RE: Watchdog not working? by Choli on 05-24-2004 at 09:44 PM

what most probably happened was that you messenger signed out and in and meanwhile the msn server changed your nick because it "doesn't like" multiline nicks.

Plus hasn't anything to do with nicks and its watchdog is only to avoid some messed up conversations when using custom emoticons with numbers and colors.

RE: Watchdog not working? by Patchou on 05-25-2004 at 03:26 AM

Choli is completely right. The watch dog is for something else.

RE: Watchdog not working? by Ezra on 05-25-2004 at 09:19 AM

Ah, can this feature be added then maybe?

RE: Watchdog not working? by Choli on 05-25-2004 at 09:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
Ah, can this feature be added then maybe?
no, sorry, because it has to do with the server...
RE: Watchdog not working? by Ezra on 05-25-2004 at 04:32 PM

Sure I understand that the server doesn't like it and changes it, but I thought. Maybe Plus! could keep the name in it's cache or store it somewhere, and check it at an regular interval and if the 2 names are not the same Plus! changes it with the one it stored.

RE: Watchdog not working? by lhunath on 05-25-2004 at 04:43 PM

As in, save the nick everytime u shut down MSN and restore it when you sign in to that ? Maybe but that would mean you cannot change your nickname on other locations or anything... I'd prefer to keep this as something optional cuz I'm not gonna like it =P

RE: Watchdog not working? by Choli on 05-25-2004 at 05:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
Sure I understand that the server doesn't like it and changes it, but I thought. Maybe Plus! could keep the name in it's cache or store it somewhere, and check it at an regular interval and if the 2 names are not the same Plus! changes it with the one it stored.
you can use the registry setting called NameOnSignIn... however my tweaker doesn't support multiline nicks in that setting so you'd have to change that manually. More info: http://www.msgplus.net/help_registry.php