Shoutbox

3 bugs - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: 3 bugs (/showthread.php?tid=25955)

3 bugs by corhere on 05-24-2004 at 09:40 PM

Once I installed Messenger Plus! 3.00.92 on my win98SE comp with Messenger 6.2.0133 I found 3 bugs in the first minute :o.

1. When I looked at my contact list i saw in place of my POP3 e-mail checking something like "(BOX)H(BOX)J-mail messages". Once I checked my e-mails it went to normal.
  2. when I moused over one of my contacts, I saw a tooltip filled with lots of those boxes. It dissappeared after a second.
  3. When I clicked on the Messenger Plus! logo beside one of my contacts it displayed "No options available...". When I clicked again, it was normal.
    [/list]

I did like the better installer interface, though.

EDIT: The first bug happened to me again just as I opened my contact list again. This time i had the sense to take a screen-shot.
    EDIT 2: When I clicked on it, the link displayed correctly. I have a feeling it has someting to do with Unicode characters.

RE: 3 bugs by Weyzza on 05-24-2004 at 09:44 PM

3. It's normal. Sometimes it happens for some reason

RE: 3 bugs by Choli on 05-24-2004 at 09:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by corhere
When I looked at my contact list i saw in place of my POP3 e-mail checking something like "(BOX)H(BOX)J-mail messages". Once I checked my e-mails it went to normal.
make sure you have configured properly all the fieslds of the POP3 checker
quote:
when I moused over one of my contacts, I saw a tooltip filled with lots of those boxes. It dissappeared after a second.
can you get a screen shot?
quote:
Originally posted by thekid
that shouldn't happen...

corhere: can you say when it happens exactly? or do you think it's random?
RE: 3 bugs by Weyzza on 05-24-2004 at 10:27 PM

quote:
EDIT: The first bug happened to me again just as I opened my contact list again. This time i had the sense to take a screen-shot.
EDIT 2: When I clicked on it, the link displayed correctly. I have a feeling it has someting to do with Unicode characters.

I don't think Plus! has something to do about it.
It's not from the Plus!'s popup, was it?

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
quote:
that shouldn't happen...
Well, I got it sometimes. And it appears randomly.
Patchou made "Options Not Available," so he must have been aware of the chance that the error could happen.

RE: 3 bugs by Choli on 05-24-2004 at 10:40 PM

quote:
Well, I got it sometimes. And it appears randomly.
Patchou made "Options Not Available," so he must have been aware of the chance that the error could happen.
I've got that "Options Not Available" during the beta testing with contacts whose I'm not in their contact lists, however Patchou changed that and I've never had it.

well, it is random, but is it always in the same contacts?? try to do a bit fo research in it (what kind of contacts, if they're blocked, on/offline, etc...) thanks;)
RE: RE: 3 bugs by Lost_Soul on 05-24-2004 at 11:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
quote:
When I looked at my contact list i saw in place of my POP3 e-mail checking something like "(BOX)H(BOX)J-mail messages". Once I checked my e-mails it went to normal.
make sure you have configured properly all the fieslds of the POP3 checker

I had seen the same thing the first time using a Win ME system. This was after an upgrade from the older plus fix for 6.2 (can't remember version number off hand). Choli is right in the fix. just fill in the one new field (Email address) and i've not seen that happen sense.
RE: 3 bugs by corhere on 05-25-2004 at 01:25 AM

I have filled in the field. It doesn't change anything. Also, the "Options Not Available" occurs randomly, with people with and without Messenger Plus! and with people online and offline.

RE: 3 bugs by Mnjul on 05-25-2004 at 01:30 AM

For problem 1, take a look here: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=25866

RE: 3 bugs by Patchou on 05-25-2004 at 03:25 AM

Problem 1 will be fixed in version 3.01 (next week)
Problem 2 is to vague, I would need a way to reproduce it.
Problem 3 can happen some times, but in rare occasions, don'T worry about it and move yoiur mouse cursor over the contact again :).

RE: 3 bugs by corhere on 05-25-2004 at 08:21 PM

I managed to get a screenshot of the second bug. All I did was mouse over one of the contacts.

RE: 3 bugs by corhere on 05-26-2004 at 10:56 PM

Whenever the second bug occurs, the Options Not Available bug also occurs. The second bug will repeat on the same contact until I go to another contact.

RE: 3 bugs by tass on 07-21-2004 at 03:54 AM

I have more than 100 contacts in my list, but this bug just keep showing on the most important one. 8o|

I have tried to log off and then log on, move it to another group, but nothing changed...

am using msn messenger 6.2 and msgplus 3.01.94.

RE: 3 bugs by tass on 07-21-2004 at 04:39 AM

i found some thing...

if there is any contact who hasn't customized his/her view name, the bug 3 will surely appears on that item.