Shoutbox

MessengerPlus 3.0 Contain Parasits!! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: MessengerPlus 3.0 Contain Parasits!! (/showthread.php?tid=25957)

MessengerPlus 3.0 Contain Parasits!! by PegHorse on 05-24-2004 at 10:20 PM

Hi,

I'm disappointed to discover Virii or Parasits on the Installer of MessengerPlus! 3.0.
In fact, after installed this software, 2 parasits try to put themself to C:\Progra~1\Readme~1 and C:\Progra~1\GRID*

The both parasits try to put themself on the Startup Registry
I blocked that with ViGUARD www.viguard.org and i have removed them myself because No AdAware or Antivirus can detect them.

On the Internet Explorer, the virus or parasit put its codes and if u right click on a toolbar in IE, u see BIANSTRANSTHIS and there is no toolbar or anything else...

I tried to removed that but now, i see a Blank on the right click in the Toolbar can be activated but doesn't do anything.

RE: MessengerPlus 3.0 Contain Parasits!! by wj on 05-24-2004 at 10:39 PM

You opted to install the Messenger Plus Sponsor Program and Thanks for supporting Messenger Plus. If this was not your intent and did not want the optional sponsor program, Please be more diligant in reading the end user agreements when you install software on your computer.

Instructions to properly remove the sponsor program can be found by searching these forums.

Messenger plus is 100% Viri/Parasite free when downloaded from the official download site.

RE: MessengerPlus 3.0 Contain Parasits!! by PegHorse on 05-24-2004 at 10:50 PM

lol, excuse me but if MessengerPlus can remove the Ad of MSN, why does it contain others AD ???
I'm sorry but i hate that method ... I never read the End User agreements because it is always very long to read, i'm lazy about that, anyway, i'll find a solution without have to remove MessengerPlus lol
Thanks.

RE: MessengerPlus 3.0 Contain Parasits!! by Choli on 05-24-2004 at 10:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by PegHorse
lol, excuse me but if MessengerPlus can remove the Ad of MSN, why does it contain others AD ???

because Patchou, the creator of Plus, need money to live his life :D
quote:
I'm sorry but i hate that method ... I never read the End User agreements because it is always very long to read, i'm lazy about that, anyway, i'll find a solution without have to remove MessengerPlus lol
Thanks.
you're not forced to install the sponsor, becaue it is Optional. read http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=21598 and you'll find more info about how you can uninstall it.
RE: MessengerPlus 3.0 Contain Parasits!! by PegHorse on 05-24-2004 at 11:02 PM

Okay thanks, HijackThis has removed my bug :-)

RE: MessengerPlus 3.0 Contain Parasits!! by KeyStorm on 05-24-2004 at 11:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by PegHorse
HijackThis
I'm afraid this is an error, since ad-removers screw up installations and leave back inoffensive files that might still eat resources and space. The best thing you can do is uninstalling MP!, reinstalling it WITH sponsor (to get the installations back), uninstall MP! (in order to really uninstall sponsor) and reinstall MP! WITHOUT sponsor.

This way you will get cleanly rid of sponsor.

There's a post from Patchou explaining this, though. ;)
RE: MessengerPlus 3.0 Contain Parasits!! by PegHorse on 05-25-2004 at 12:18 AM

I have uninstalled myself the adware of MP, i have some protections who can log me the changes done, i read the log and i cancelled all changes and i removed Hijack with HijackThis, now everythings is OK.
No Adware loaded in Memory, neither on Startup of Registry.

So Fuck Adware lol

RE: MessengerPlus 3.0 Contain Parasits!! by The_Thief on 05-25-2004 at 01:17 AM

I installed the Messenger 3 WITHOUT sponcer support and still get the homepage highjacker.

RE: MessengerPlus 3.0 Contain Parasits!! by CookieRevised on 05-25-2004 at 01:29 AM

So you also removed the registry keys manualy?

We all realy suggest you to do what KeyStorm has said (install plus with sponsor to fix the uninstaller and traces, uninstall plus again to completely get rid of everything, after that you can install plus without the sponsor if like).

Plus! uninstalls the adware completely without a fuss. Anti-adware tools will only corrupt the uninstaller and will leave traces, even if you don't see it at first sight...

RE: MessengerPlus 3.0 Contain Parasits!! by The_Thief on 05-25-2004 at 01:43 AM

What uninstalling it completely and reinstalling will remove this stupid homepage highjacker?  Because i did that and still doesn't work.  Do i need to go to regedit and remove it that way?

RE: MessengerPlus 3.0 Contain Parasits!! by CookieRevised on 05-25-2004 at 02:01 AM

You need to follow the instructions given by Patchou in this thread:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=21598
(and follow the instructions exactly! If it states "close every window of your browser", then you need to close every window of your browser!)

But that is only if you didn't tried to remove it yourself with anti-adware tools, because those will corrupt the uninstaller. So if you did that, you need first to install Plus! again WITH the sponsor to FIX the uninstaller and then follow Patchou's instructions...

;)

RE: MessengerPlus 3.0 Contain Parasits!! by weirdal27 on 05-25-2004 at 03:15 AM

maybe the options for the sponsor should be this:
install without sponsor
install with sponsor

instead of putting yes and no at the beginning of each choice, since people never read the choices, only the yes and no part ;)

anyway, you should do as said above, install with the sponsor then remove it the right way to make sure you get rid of it completely

RE: MessengerPlus 3.0 Contain Parasits!! by The_Thief on 05-25-2004 at 03:26 AM

it is installed without sponsers and looks like i may need to reformat my machine

RE: MessengerPlus 3.0 Contain Parasits!! by stonesour on 05-25-2004 at 03:32 AM

Every considered you may have got the spyware/adware from another source.

It's funny everytime someone relatively new to the boards has a spyware/adware problem it falls into these categories:
1-Didn't read the agreement
2-Blame it on plus when it's from another source
3-Didn't read the agreement

RE: MessengerPlus 3.0 Contain Parasits!! by The_Thief on 05-25-2004 at 03:42 AM

No i checked my PC with Spybot and Adware and nothing

RE: MessengerPlus 3.0 Contain Parasits!! by Vilkku on 05-25-2004 at 06:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by weirdal27
maybe the options for the sponsor should be this:
install without sponsor
install with sponsor

instead of putting yes and no at the beginning of each choice, since people never read the choices, only the yes and no part ;)
At least the Swedish version has like that:
YES - Install the sponsor program
NO - Do not install the sponsor program
RE: MessengerPlus 3.0 Contain Parasits!! by Choli on 05-25-2004 at 08:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
At least the Swedish version has like that:
YES - Install the sponsor program
NO - Do not install the sponsor program
you SHOULD NOT HAVE DONE that!!.
please read this post and the next ones (spacially the ones of Patchou). About the sponsor screen, you should translate it WITHOUT changing it meaning in any way. this has aslo been said in the translations guidelines of patchou.
I know this is offtopic, but as Patchou has said many times, those texts should have the exact same meaning, so i think i have to post this
RE: RE: MessengerPlus 3.0 Contain Parasits!! by PegHorse on 05-25-2004 at 12:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by serpico
What uninstalling it completely and reinstalling will remove this stupid homepage highjacker?  Because i did that and still doesn't work.  Do i need to go to regedit and remove it that way?

Well, in my case, the parasites files are in Program Files, so remove their folders : GRID* and README~1 located on Program Files, and, Search in your registry about Readme~1 and delete all.
Do same by searching Amenface.dll.

2) Use HijackThis, scan your IE, locate the shit and see if anyfile is present or not, if its not, just kill the line, if it is yes locate the file and delete it.

Its easy, it takes no time, i will not play with Uninstaller program for pleasure of Patchou.
I'm the rebelle of data lol
RE: RE: MessengerPlus 3.0 Contain Parasits!! by PegHorse on 05-25-2004 at 12:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by serpico
No i checked my PC with Spybot and Adware and nothing

LOL normal, these shits are unknown from Spybot and Adware, u must kill them with your mind or follow the instructions with uninstaller.

Have fun ! (6)
RE: MessengerPlus 3.0 Contain Parasits!! by CookieRevised on 05-25-2004 at 09:56 PM

PegHorse, your method will leave traces and is a very bad way of doing things. If you like it that way, then that's fine with us, but don't suggest such things to other people...

RE: MessengerPlus 3.0 Contain Parasits!! by PegHorse on 05-26-2004 at 12:30 AM

if u got cleaners, there is no reason to keeping traces.
THe parasites take only 120 Ko lol

RE: MessengerPlus 3.0 Contain Parasits!! by Derwan on 05-26-2004 at 02:31 AM

I have to admit, I nearly get caught every time I install MP!.  With EULA's appearing at the start of installations for most programs, it's an automatic action to hit the "I agree" and "Next".  It's very easy to get "caught out" with the Sponsor Program.

Here are a few suggestions:

1.  As someone else suggested, make the options clearer.  Remove "I agree", etc and leave it as "Install Sponsor", etc, or rearrange it to something like "Install Sponsor (I agree....)".
2.  Default to not installing the sponsor.  (This may not be an option for Patchou under his agreement with the sponsor.)
3.  When performing an upgrade and the sponsor was not previously installed, either do not show the option or have it default to not installing the sponsor.  (The user had already chosen not to install the sponsor.)

We don't want MP! to be known as one of those programs that "trick" you into installing spamware.

RE: MessengerPlus 3.0 Contain Parasits!! by Islander on 05-26-2004 at 03:07 AM

Actually I installed the sponsor software too while upgrading, knowing it was there, not wanting to, I went on pressing and looking for the option...
Then I eventually realized MP3 was already running and... oops... the firewall....
Fortunately I know the procedure, deinstalled it again right away and then checked the right option.
It's like Derwan said... you get too used to pressing "Yes" and "I am blind"... :^)

RE: MessengerPlus 3.0 Contain Parasits!! by Tochjo on 05-26-2004 at 02:38 PM

I do not see the need to change the text as it is now. It is clear enough if you just at least take the time to read to the end of the line of the two options.

In my opinion, Patchou should not have to encourage your habit of not reading EULAs. Of course, they are really, really long sometimes, and most of it is legal talk, but a quick glance never hurts. I have never read the entire sponsor agreement, but it took me about 10 seconds to decide whether or not I wanted it by skimming the text.

I'd advise you from now on to read what you're installing. I take it you also read contracts in real life before signing them? ;)